Find the MUTE button ... here comes FOX

Comments

• hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    dlygrisse wrote:

hybrid25 wrote:

I honestly think Tiger Woods could find a spot in the announcer's booth if he could get his life together and focus on it.

Really, this is what it has devolved in to?

1. Why would you want this?

2. Why would he want this?
    Tiger is articulate, knows the game, and good intelligence. He's not over-opinionated.
  • MwscgolfMwscgolf Members Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    Don't care too much for the commentary, but I love the nearly all day live coverage, and the shot tracers everywhere.
    Tour Issue Callaway Rogue 9.0 deg, Oban Hashimoto, 05 flex
    Titleist 915f 16.5, Oban Devotion 7, 04 flex tipped 1"
    Callaway Legacy Black 3-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
    Grindworks CW505 52*, Nippon Modus 125X --- Grindworks CW505 58*, Nippon Modus 125X
    Piretti Potenza Limited 360g 34"
    Titleist Pro V1
  • hankmoodyhankmoody Title Member Members Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys don't like Brad Faxon? I think he should be the lead announcer (over Joe Buck). To me Brad is articulate, he obviously knows the game of golf, and has a great voice. Very even.
    M6 10.5
    M4 3W & 19 H
    816h 21
    Titleist C16 5-AW
    SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
    Newport 2.5
    Chrome Soft/ERC Soft
  • AMM315AMM315 Members Posts: 223 ✭✭
    Digging this picture inside the picture on the US Open website. Being able to watch both groups is awesome. Every tournament should have this amount of coverage.
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been watching for the last hour and the announcers sound just fine to me.
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a perfectly cromulent telecast so far.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • sandysandy ClubWRX Posts: 4,996
    Adding the European commentators is a nice relief. Darren Clark is already better than Buck and Zinger. Sadly they still employ the phony grinning surgically enhanced hostess
  • vsabrevsabre ClubWRX Posts: 222 ClubWRX
    edited Jun 15, 2017 #99
    sandy wrote:

Adding the European commentators is a nice relief. Darren Clark is already better than Buck and Zinger. Sadly they still employ the phony grinning surgically enhanced hostess

Well you have to appreciate the "six", but my god I feel I have to go spackle some drywall every time I see her from the front neck up.

I like DC so far. Best comment was someone asking what Beef Johnston had for dinner the night before as he was hitting a shot on the screen. DC replied, "too much"....
    Trackman SS-97 GolfWrx SS-110

Ping G400 LST X-Torsion Copper S
    Cobra King F7 Fujikura Pro 65 S 14.5* Weight Forward
    Ping I Blades 4-PW S300 + 1/2 Red Dot
    Mizuno TM7 Wedges 50, 54 and 58
    Scotty Cameron Golo 6
  • kwcsportskwcsports Members Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holly looks great today. How old is she ? 42-43 ?
    WITB
    Ping G10 Driver- Matrix White Tie
    TM 200 Steel 3W- Kuro Kage
    Cobra 7 wood- Kuro Kage
    Lynx Parallax 4-SW- NS Pro 950GH
    Ping Eye 2 SW- XP105
    Nike VR Forged LW- XP105
    Ray Cook Blue Goose
  • mjen43mjen43 Members Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kwcsports wrote:

30 lol.
    mjen43 wrote:

kwcsports wrote:

30 lol.

No way, holy s***, sorry Holly ^^^
    WITB
    Cobra 7 wood- Kuro Kage
    Ping Eye 2 SW- XP105
    Nike VR Forged LW- XP105
    Ray Cook Blue Goose
  • BreakingParBreakingPar Recovering golf club and golf ball hoarder... Members Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    kwcsports wrote:

mjen43 wrote:

kwcsports wrote:

30 lol.

No way, holy s***, sorry Holly ^^^

She's had more enhancements that the broadcast coverage!

image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />

Seriously though, this is the one week where I'm REALLY glad I got rid of my old tv that could never quite mute!
    WITB:
    SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
    Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
    R15 3H Rogue Black 85
    MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
    50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
    Ghost Spider Si Slant
  • ChazbChazb Members Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have a problem with the coverage of the open and and Buck and Zinger are not over the top aren't saying anything ridiculous.They are doing a overall decent job and it is what they are paid to do.
  • youraway2youraway2 Just Old Sticks Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Mwscgolf wrote:

Don't care too much for the commentary, but I love the nearly all day live coverage, and the shot tracers everywhere.

I do like Brownie Points, I think Ken Brown is pretty good is short snippets,

But as far as coverage, the picture is mostly horrendous, I can't see or track the ball. Pro-tracer is always a weak line. Can't see the ball land even on the greens. Maybe it's me?
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G-400 Max, 10.5, Xtorsion[/font]
    PXG, 15-degree, ACCRA
    PXG, 19-degree hybrid, ACCRA
    Cobra DWS Utility 19-degree
    CF-16, 4-PW, UST Recoil
    0311 PXG, 5-AW, i70 Areotech Steel-fiber
    SW, 56 PXG
    Ping Nickel Anser II
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Fox announcers are still struggling. They are having difficulty with golfers names and just don't seem comfortable with the broadcast. A lot of the conversation seems forced and while it's cool the amateurs are doing well, no one except their families really care at this point.

I hope some of the top names make the cut or otherwise the ratings are going to be horrible.
    Driver - Home Ping G410 + 9.5*   Away Ping G400 Max 10*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • hogans71hogans71 Ain't no change in the weather, ain't no changes in me Members Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    chippa13 wrote:

We want Pro Tracer on every shot. ALL GOLFERS WANT TO KNOW-VISUALIZE-SEE THE TRAJECTORY OF THE PROS SHOTS!!!!!!!!!! Period. (the birds eye view is a bonus)

We want the announcers to give us insight into the minds of the golfers - but only from someone with experience - like a player that has won tournaments.

NO STUPID OBVIOUS QUESTIONS HOLLY. Call the golf channel and let Steve Sands write the questions for the interviews, done.

Just show the golf, that's what we want to see. Don't zoom in on the ball we all know what that looks like already.

Don't tell us something we can obviously see on the television, Gary Koch. This isn't radio. And no sound effects with your mouth Gary Koch, it's annoying.

Tracer on every shot is annoying. If I wanted to watch a video game I'd fire up my nephew's Play Station.

Yeah.. watching a golf ball move across a cloudless sky, then a bunch of trees only to lose track of it and pick it back up as it rolls out the last five feet is awesome..
    I enjoyed the coverage today. Zinger is my favorite and as I said earlier, Holly looked good and seemed Ok in the Studio. I'm looking forward to the weekend.
    WITB
    Cobra 7 wood- Kuro Kage
    Ping Eye 2 SW- XP105
    Nike VR Forged LW- XP105
    Ray Cook Blue Goose
  • AceCatKYAceCatKY Members Posts: 638 ✭✭
    Anyone else hear Azinger say " he needs to decide when he'll put that chewbacca on it" talking about Stricker spinning his pitch shot? It was great.
    910D3 9.5* Aldila RIP Phenom
    M2 15*
    816H2 21*
    Ping Eye 2 5-PW ZZ Lite
    MIzuno MP 52-07 / Ping Eye 2 U Groove 56* SW / Oil Can Vokey SM 60*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 Mallet Raw
    ProV1
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys hear the annoucers?

All I hear is,

• 3 Jack Par3 Jack Par I only answer to "Ace" now Members, ClubWRX Posts: 6,134 ClubWRX
    I honestly think the Fox coverage is the best around. I'm not a Joe Buck fan, but he's not terrible for golf announcing. I like all the tracers and graphics showing carry distances & such. It helps to show the kinds of shots these guys play, and illustrates what they're faced with on a particular shot better than traditional coverage on the other networks.

One thing I noticed that the other networks never do is that they on multiple occasions have referenced actual brands and models of clubs the guys are using. I've heard them mention Speith's 009, DJ's & Rory's Spiders, and a Vokey with 4* of bounce that Adam Scott swiched to for this week.
    Ping G410 LST 9* (set to 8* Flat), Aldila Rogue Silver 130 70TX
    Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Aldila Rogue Silver 130 80TX
    Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X (or Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x)
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Titleist Vokey Forged 52F & 58K, Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan B-17, Blue oil finish, 35"
    WITB Link
  • JayBo21JayBo21 Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Thought Darren Clarke was great on day 1.
  • VolgolferVolgolfer Members Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭
    And I never knew that there were so many birds at Erin Hills. Why, there must be millions there. And they all happen to be right next to the microphones....which happen to be in the forest based on the sound. Funny, there are only four trees on the course and we never see a bird in the coverage.

Come on Fox, enough with the "natural" sound effects. Do you think we're stupid......apparently so.

Give me European Tour coverage over this any day....
    Srixon Z585 4 & 5
    Srixon Z 785 6 - P
    Mizuno T 56/58/60
    Cobra LTD 10.5
    Titleist 909 3w & 5w
    Taylormade Spider
    Snell MTB-X
  • bullie76bullie76 Members Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Chazb wrote:

I do not have a problem with the coverage of the open and and Buck and Zinger are not over the top aren't saying anything ridiculous.They are doing a overall decent job and it is what they are paid to do.

Agree. No silly bs like CBS.
    My senior bag.......
    Cleveland SL290  9 * driver stiff
    Taylormade RBZ 13* 3 wood reg
    Adams TL2 - FW 16* 4 wood  reg
    Callaway Rogue X 4,5,6,7 hybrids reg
    Ping G 7-pw(power lofts) CFS graphite reg
    Ping Glide 52, 58* reg
    Ping anser g5i putter
  • sfigginssfiggins Members Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭
    JayBo21 wrote:

Thought Darren Clarke was great on day 1.

No offense, but I couldn't disagree more. He might be the worst sports commentator I've ever heard outside the Tampa Bay Rays baseball announcers.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,826 ClubWRX
    Posted this in another thread but Holly is sans ring. Has she finally seen the light?
  • Pepe8714Pepe8714 Members Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    Thank God Fox does not play the CBS/NBC game of 'manufactured drama'

The commentary is debatable but at least we're able to watch some actual golf being played, by everyone!

Not to mention the drone shots really are beneficial - for example Sergio's shot today that ended up funneling about 30 yards short of one green (i forget which). Behind the green camera could not even see the player in the fairway, but the cut to the drone showed exactly how ridiculous the shot was, and gave an entirely new perspective.

I absolutely abhor Joe Buck... but this coverage is excellent.
  • MwscgolfMwscgolf Members Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    youraway2 wrote:

Mwscgolf wrote:

I do like Brownie Points, I think Ken Brown is pretty good is short snippets,

But as far as coverage, the picture is mostly horrendous, I can't see or track the ball. Pro-tracer is always a weak line. Can't see the ball land even on the greens. Maybe it's me?

Yeah I guess that's true. It does seem like the Fox camera men are not used to tracking golf balls in the air, they seemed to miss the landing area shots quite often. I suppose that's why I like having the shot tracer.
    Tour Issue Callaway Rogue 9.0 deg, Oban Hashimoto, 05 flex
    Titleist 915f 16.5, Oban Devotion 7, 04 flex tipped 1"
    Callaway Legacy Black 3-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
    Grindworks CW505 52*, Nippon Modus 125X --- Grindworks CW505 58*, Nippon Modus 125X
    Piretti Potenza Limited 360g 34"
    Titleist Pro V1
  • paperclippaperclip Hopefully where I am hitting and chasing a little white ball........Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    I understand all the dislike for Joe Buck (esp during football and baseball) as he can't stop talking too much (drives me crazy too).

Yes, last year both he and Fax were horrible with golf. BUT, this year so far, he's not that bad. Yes, I think he has improved.

And, notwithstanding that we will never have a perfect situation where everybody is happy with golf telecasts, I am just happy that I am able to watch it. I prefer anything vs. nothing and am thankful for that.
    My Weapons of Grass Destruction: Titleist TS2 10.5* Titleist 906F4 15.5* Titleist 910H 21* Titleist 716 AP2 4-P Vokey SM7’s: 50.12F, 56.14F, 60.08M Odyssey Black Series 3
    Round white things with a bunch of dimples and dents and scrapes[/i]
  • youraway2youraway2 Just Old Sticks Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We want Pro Tracer on every shot. ALL GOLFERS WANT TO KNOW-VISUALIZE-SEE THE TRAJECTORY OF THE PROS SHOTS!!!!!!!!!! Period. (the birds eye view is a bonus)

We want the announcers to give us insight into the minds of the golfers - but only from someone with experience - like a player that has won tournaments.

NO STUPID OBVIOUS QUESTIONS HOLLY. Call the golf channel and let Steve Sands write the questions for the interviews, done.

Just show the golf, that's what we want to see. Don't zoom in on the ball we all know what that looks like already.

Don't tell us something we can obviously see on the television, Gary Koch. This isn't radio. And no sound effects with your mouth Gary Koch, it's annoying.
    It's hard for Gary to announce when he's watching the telecast on TV just as we are. We need someone to tell us what we can obviously see.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G-400 Max, 10.5, Xtorsion[/font]
    PXG, 15-degree, ACCRA
    PXG, 19-degree hybrid, ACCRA
    Cobra DWS Utility 19-degree
    CF-16, 4-PW, UST Recoil
    0311 PXG, 5-AW, i70 Areotech Steel-fiber
    SW, 56 PXG
    Ping Nickel Anser II
  • NeuroticaNeurotica Rush is a band! Members Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fox coverage is pretty good sans Joe Buck and Holly. When either of them are being shown during the broadcast (for the inevitable monologue or interview) I simply fast forward. Thank goodness for DVR.
    G400 Max 9* Alta 55 S D3
    G400 3W Alta CB 65 S D3
    G400 19*, 22* Hybrid Alta CB 70 S D2
    2019 Apex Combo 5-A i95 S Steelfiber +1/2" +2* up
    MD4 Raw S grind 54*, 60* i110 S Steelfiber +1/2" +1* up
    All above with ZCord midsize +2 wraps
    Anser 2 Vault Slate PP58 blackout - 35"
    2017 Pro V1X 
    All contained in my Sun Mountain C130S - 2018 USA version bag
    All riding on my Clicgear 3.5
    Swung with MG Elite XL gloves
    Distances courtesy of my Nikon Rangefinder Coolshot 80VR