First post and Rorys comments are perfect for it!

Sick of players complaining about the one week they are challenged. As Rory said it "these are the widest fairways ever in a US Open. We have 60 yards of fairway to land it and 156 of the best players in the world so if you cant do that you should just pack your bags and go home"



Kevin Na complaining isnt suprising as the 2.16 miillion to the winner is also the odds of him winning lol
«1

Comments

  • dicko999dicko999 I call it "Celebration" Members Posts: 486 ✭✭
    39191924.jpg
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 17*
    Ping G20 20*, 23* Hybrids
    Ping G400 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50*F, 56*M, 62*M
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2
  • Southernman_67Southernman_67 Members Posts: 16
    Well, if the OP won't go on, I will. I'm new here also, and I will admit that I'm a hack. I hear all the time about how the ball has changed the game, or how the drivers are so much better, ad infinitum... I hear it on the GC on tv, I hear it on Sirius, and I read it on here. Every time I hear it I'm thinking why don't they make the rough more punitive? I play munis that are more punitive from a missed shot off the fairway than what I see on tv. So what if the fescue at Erin Hills lays over if the wind blows? Don't HIT it there. If you can't hit a driver and keep it straight, hit something you can. Take the long ball out of play for the guys that don't hit straight and BOOM you've shortened the course.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,531 ClubWRX
    Agree w/ Rory 100%
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,331 ✭✭
    I'm a big Rors fan. But when he is coming down the stretch on Sunday with a chance, and hits one in to the hay, and they can't find the ball, he will rue his comments. The story of this golf course should not be the 3' rough. It should be the length ( a positive thing given TaylorMade drivers), and the difficulty of the greens. That will be enough to determine the championship golfer. The 3' fescue looks nice, but it should be so far away from the course so that it doesn't influence play.
    Boyhood, like measles, is one of those complaints which a man should catch young and have done with it, for when it comes in middle life it is apt to be serious. - P. G. Wodehouse
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.
  • SadTromboneSadTrombone . Members Posts: 6,781 ✭✭


    Well, if the OP won't go on, I will. I'm new here also, and I will admit that I'm a hack.


    But we'll give you a pass for all of that, because you don't have anything about that team up north in your username.
  • HighSpeedSceneHighSpeedScene Banned Posts: 3,183



    Well, if the OP won't go on, I will. I'm new here also, and I will admit that I'm a hack.


    But we'll give you a pass for all of that, because you don't have anything about that team up north in your username.




    +1000000



    That UN is reason enough for a ban, Mr. Harbaugh
  • JackpotJohnnyJackpotJohnny Members Posts: 2,502 ✭✭
    edited Jun 14, 2017 #8
    I didn't know anything about it untill I saw it on sports center about a half hour ago. Rory had me dying!

    The only thing better that he could have done would be if he asked "who's Kevin Na?!"

    That said, we will see if his tune changes if he misses the cut again.
  • gmangolfgmangolf Members Posts: 1,563 ✭✭
    gvogel wrote:


    I'm a big Rors fan. But when he is coming down the stretch on Sunday with a chance, and hits one in to the hay, and they can't find the ball, he will rue his comments. The story of this golf course should not be the 3' rough. It should be the length ( a positive thing given TaylorMade drivers), and the difficulty of the greens. That will be enough to determine the championship golfer. The 3' fescue looks nice, but it should be so far away from the course so that it doesn't influence play.




    My guess is that if Rory loses a ball down the stretch because he misses a 50 yard wide fairway, that he'll own up to his terrible shot and accept it. Sorry, but you shouldn't get away with that poor of a shot in the US Open.
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,720 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.



    Love Rors. Hope he shows up.
  • SadTromboneSadTrombone . Members Posts: 6,781 ✭✭
    gmangolf wrote:

    gvogel wrote:


    I'm a big Rors fan. But when he is coming down the stretch on Sunday with a chance, and hits one in to the hay, and they can't find the ball, he will rue his comments. The story of this golf course should not be the 3' rough. It should be the length ( a positive thing given TaylorMade drivers), and the difficulty of the greens. That will be enough to determine the championship golfer. The 3' fescue looks nice, but it should be so far away from the course so that it doesn't influence play.




    My guess is that if Rory loses a ball down the stretch because he misses a 50 yard wide fairway, that he'll own up to his terrible shot and accept it. Sorry, but you shouldn't get away with that poor of a shot in the US Open.




    He won't just switch balls again?
  • Southernman_67Southernman_67 Members Posts: 16




    +1000000



    That UN is reason enough for a ban, Mr. Harbaugh




    You confused me. Are you referring to my user name? Do you mean that because our mascots don't wear skirts that mr. haughbagh or however you spell his name should ban me ? Moi?
  • SadTromboneSadTrombone . Members Posts: 6,781 ✭✭



    +1000000



    That UN is reason enough for a ban, Mr. Harbaugh




    You confused me. Are you referring to my user name? Do you mean that because our mascots don't wear skirts that mr. haughbagh or however you spell his name should ban me ? Moi?


    The OP's u/n is a reference to that school up north. That's the reference he's making.



    Know how to get to Ann Arbor from Columbus?



    North 'til ya smell it, west 'til ya step in it.
  • HighSpeedSceneHighSpeedScene Banned Posts: 3,183





    +1000000



    That UN is reason enough for a ban, Mr. Harbaugh




    You confused me. Are you referring to my user name? Do you mean that because our mascots don't wear skirts that mr. haughbagh or however you spell his name should ban me ? Moi?




    There's a "south" joke in here I'm going to refrain from making since homeboy is new.
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members Posts: 17,495 ✭✭
    Well that's just neat, man
    run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • rorygilmore9rorygilmore9 Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    Rory said it perfectly. In fact, Jordan Speith pretty much had the same thing to say, but he wasn't as blunt about it. As always he had a very well thought out comment about it, which sounded like he took plenty of time thinking about how to respond to the comment.
    WITB
    Nike Vapor Speed 9.5*
    Nike VR-S Covert 2.0 Fairway Wood 15*
    Nike VR-S Covert 2.0 Hybrid 20*
    Nike VR Pro Cavity Irons 4-AW
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56*
    Nike Method 002
  • ifc202ifc202 Members Posts: 11
    Kevin Na should just WD. Fescue already in his head too much. Obviously expects to spend a lot of time in it.

    Rory - Look at those great big faiways!

    Na - Look at all that 3' grass!

    Na has lost the mental aspect before he even starts.
    ifc202
    Woods - Taylormade Stage 2
    Irons - Mizuno JPX 900 Tour
    Putter - Taylormade Spider
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,134 ✭✭
    NA's insta post was supposed to be humorous. I think he missed the mark. Rory will win by 7 shots....
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members Posts: 17,495 ✭✭
    edited Jun 14, 2017 #19
    tsecor wrote:


    NA's insta post was supposed to be humorous. I think he missed the mark. Rory will win by 7 shots....




    Maybe, if they somehow do away with putting.
    run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • jacot23jacot23 Members Posts: 1,317
    tsecor wrote:


    NA's insta post was supposed to be humorous. I think he missed the mark. Rory will win by 7 shots.... beat Na by at least 7 shots....






    Fixed that for you image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />, don't think he wins this week.
    Mizuno JPX-900 Driver Graphite Design Nano Reloaded S flex 44.75"
    Callaway X2Hot 17* fairway
    Adams Tight Lies 3&4 hybrid
    Cobra King F7 irons 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50*& 56*(raw) wedges
    34" Machine M2 Converter Aluminum Bronze w/center shaft hosel,
    Steelfiber i110 S flex tipped 2.5",
    Winn mid size pistol grip.

    WITB
  • Matchplay10033Matchplay10033 Members Posts: 626 ✭✭
    jacot23 wrote:

    tsecor wrote:


    NA's insta post was supposed to be humorous. I think he missed the mark. Rory will win by 7 shots.... beat Na by at least 7 shots....






    Fixed that for you image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />, don't think he wins this week.




    lol Dustin Johnson wins by 7.... with the week he is having he probably doesn't even know what golf course he is on... and he is trying to figure out why his wife packed him ankle socks with stickum smeared all over the bottoms.
  • My username is irrelevant. And also what one says if they blow it on the 72nd hole IMO haha. Na is a known complainer. Rory hit it spot on.
  • joew2328joew2328 MichiganMembers Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Agree with Rory 100%. Granted, he and DJ are arguably the best drivers of the golf ball, but if you cant hit a 60 yard wide target, you deserve to lose the golf ball. This is the U.S. Open, the toughest test in golf. There are dozens of alternates that would welcome a Na withdraw.
    Callaway Rogue SZ (Fujikura Pro 63 X)
    Titleist 910 Fd 15 (AD-BB TX 7)
    Titleist TMB 2i (AD-95 X)
    Titleist TMB 3-4i (KBS C Taper X 130)
    Titleist 716 MB 5-9i (KBS C Taper X 130)
    Vokey SM4 Raw: 46, 54, 60 (KBS C Taper X 130)
    Odyssey Black Series 1W
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,382 ✭✭
    joew2328 wrote:


    Agree with Rory 100%. Granted, he and DJ are arguably the best drivers of the golf ball, but if you cant hit a 60 yard wide target, you deserve to lose the golf ball. This is the U.S. Open, the toughest test in golf. There are dozens of alternates that would welcome a Na withdraw.




    I'd add Rahm and Koepka to that list.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • KirkNo-yesKirkNo-yes ClubWRX Posts: 692
    new2g0lf wrote:

    joew2328 wrote:


    Agree with Rory 100%. Granted, he and DJ are arguably the best drivers of the golf ball, but if you cant hit a 60 yard wide target, you deserve to lose the golf ball. This is the U.S. Open, the toughest test in golf. There are dozens of alternates that would welcome a Na withdraw.




    I'd add Rahm and Koepka to that list.




    Rahm has been on tour less than one year...I would hold off the accolades for at least another year or two. Rahm is certainly a phenomenal player but he is playing on house money right now and let's see how he does when the spain train slows down a little and has been on tour a little longer. Also he's played in how many US Opens? 1? If he wins then I will eat my words gladly but his temperament is not one that will bode will with US Open golf. Koepka has been on tour for a little longer and has played in a Ryder Cup so I would throw him in the conversation but Rahms nuts still haven't dropped
    Driver - Taylormade Tour Issue M1 460 9.5 - Tour issue Tensei White 60TX
    3wood- Tayloremade Tour Issue SLDR TS (set to 14.5) w/ 90gram TX tour issue UST VST Tour SPX
    Hybrid - Adams Prototype 18deg w/ Graphite Design AD 95 X
    Irons- 4-PW - Taylormade Tour Issue P750 w/ PX Flighted 6.5
    Wedges- Vokey Prototype 54 V grind 10deg bounce w/ DG Tour Issue S400, SM6 58deg K grind Low bounce ported w/ DG Tour Issue S400, SM6 62deg m grind w/DG Tour Issue S400
    Putter - Lamont Mann custom Blue Wave .
    Ball - Taylormade TP5
  • ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,390 ✭✭
    US Open golf is not what it used to be. Used to be pucker up time. Now? It's not what we grew up seeing and Rahm will be fine. Not saying he will win but the occasion and course will not be too much for him.
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

    To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

    Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,369 ✭✭
    Let's see how it plays out. While internet tough guys are calling Na a baby, I'm sure the course will play difficult. When Sunday is over we can all decide who was right and wrong
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood Center Shaft 400g
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members Posts: 17,495 ✭✭
    KirkNo-yes wrote:

    new2g0lf wrote:

    joew2328 wrote:


    Agree with Rory 100%. Granted, he and DJ are arguably the best drivers of the golf ball, but if you cant hit a 60 yard wide target, you deserve to lose the golf ball. This is the U.S. Open, the toughest test in golf. There are dozens of alternates that would welcome a Na withdraw.




    I'd add Rahm and Koepka to that list.




    Rahm has been on tour less than one year...I would hold off the accolades for at least another year or two. Rahm is certainly a phenomenal player but he is playing on house money right now and let's see how he does when the spain train slows down a little and has been on tour a little longer. Also he's played in how many US Opens? 1? If he wins then I will eat my words gladly but his temperament is not one that will bode will with US Open golf. Koepka has been on tour for a little longer and has played in a Ryder Cup so I would throw him in the conversation but Rahms nuts still haven't dropped




    I think he was referring to just driving the ball, not winning US Opens...
    run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • KirkNo-yesKirkNo-yes ClubWRX Posts: 692
    Vindog wrote:

    KirkNo-yes wrote:

    new2g0lf wrote:

    joew2328 wrote:


    Agree with Rory 100%. Granted, he and DJ are arguably the best drivers of the golf ball, but if you cant hit a 60 yard wide target, you deserve to lose the golf ball. This is the U.S. Open, the toughest test in golf. There are dozens of alternates that would welcome a Na withdraw.




    I'd add Rahm and Koepka to that list.




    Rahm has been on tour less than one year...I would hold off the accolades for at least another year or two. Rahm is certainly a phenomenal player but he is playing on house money right now and let's see how he does when the spain train slows down a little and has been on tour a little longer. Also he's played in how many US Opens? 1? If he wins then I will eat my words gladly but his temperament is not one that will bode will with US Open golf. Koepka has been on tour for a little longer and has played in a Ryder Cup so I would throw him in the conversation but Rahms nuts still haven't dropped




    I think he was referring to just driving the ball, not winning US Opens...




    As am I. I struggle to throw rookies in things like "one of the best drivers in the game" or "one of the best short games" ...not because they don't have talent...it's because they (rookies) haven't really haven't really experienced the full gamut of emotions and or tough times. To be labeled as One of the best at anything your "skill" needs to have been really put to the test and been forged in fire. I'm not sure he has really been in enough situations with his back against the wall to warrant the accolades. hence his nuts haven't dropped comment.
    Driver - Taylormade Tour Issue M1 460 9.5 - Tour issue Tensei White 60TX
    3wood- Tayloremade Tour Issue SLDR TS (set to 14.5) w/ 90gram TX tour issue UST VST Tour SPX
    Hybrid - Adams Prototype 18deg w/ Graphite Design AD 95 X
    Irons- 4-PW - Taylormade Tour Issue P750 w/ PX Flighted 6.5
    Wedges- Vokey Prototype 54 V grind 10deg bounce w/ DG Tour Issue S400, SM6 58deg K grind Low bounce ported w/ DG Tour Issue S400, SM6 62deg m grind w/DG Tour Issue S400
    Putter - Lamont Mann custom Blue Wave .
    Ball - Taylormade TP5
  • golfing_penguingolfing_penguin Members Posts: 399 ✭✭
    gmangolf wrote:

    gvogel wrote:


    I'm a big Rors fan. But when he is coming down the stretch on Sunday with a chance, and hits one in to the hay, and they can't find the ball, he will rue his comments. The story of this golf course should not be the 3' rough. It should be the length ( a positive thing given TaylorMade drivers), and the difficulty of the greens. That will be enough to determine the championship golfer. The 3' fescue looks nice, but it should be so far away from the course so that it doesn't influence play.




    My guess is that if Rory loses a ball down the stretch because he misses a 50 yard wide fairway, that he'll own up to his terrible shot and accept it. Sorry, but you shouldn't get away with that poor of a shot in the US Open.




    See, I´m of the opinion that you should have a chance to get away with it. But the shot that gets away with it is something jaw-droppingly stupendous, not a so-so 6 iron
  • KirkNo-yesKirkNo-yes ClubWRX Posts: 692
    so far it looks like Na may have the last laugh...at least after the first round. I literally laughed out loud when on the first tee he puts it in the fescue
    Driver - Taylormade Tour Issue M1 460 9.5 - Tour issue Tensei White 60TX
    3wood- Tayloremade Tour Issue SLDR TS (set to 14.5) w/ 90gram TX tour issue UST VST Tour SPX
    Hybrid - Adams Prototype 18deg w/ Graphite Design AD 95 X
    Irons- 4-PW - Taylormade Tour Issue P750 w/ PX Flighted 6.5
    Wedges- Vokey Prototype 54 V grind 10deg bounce w/ DG Tour Issue S400, SM6 58deg K grind Low bounce ported w/ DG Tour Issue S400, SM6 62deg m grind w/DG Tour Issue S400
    Putter - Lamont Mann custom Blue Wave .
    Ball - Taylormade TP5
Sign In or Register to comment.