2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY: Titleist ProV1 Experience! Visit Titleist HQ with GolfWRX! Apply today!

THE EVENT

From July 12-13, eight WRX members will gain exclusive access to Titleist and its world-class golf ball development facilities, all located within a 5-mile radius of each other in Greater New Bedford, Mass., where Titleist has been making golf balls since the 1930s.

This two-day experience will take you inside Titleist World Headquarters and Titleist Ball Plant 3, where you will meet the people and explore the technology that goes into making next generation Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls. You will spend an afternoon at Titleist’s Manchester Lane Test Facility, one of the game’s hidden gems, to see Titleist’s golf ball testing robots in action and conduct product testing of your own. And you'll get a behind-the-scenes tour of TItleist's custom ball operations (Plant C), where My Pro V1's come to life. (You can expect some on-course testing and friendly competition, as well. So pack your clubs!)

***NOTE: You must be willing/able to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA***

DATES

Wednesday, July 12th - Thursday, July 13th

GROUP INVITES

8 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST

• Be a GolfWRX member in good standing
  • Willing to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA

TO ENTER

• In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:
    • ​What is your home city/state?
    • What is your current USGA Handicap?
    • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?
    • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

WHO

Titleist Golf Ball R&D, Manufacturing, Product Management, Golf Ball Fitting and Marketing associates, each of whom play key roles in the golf ball development process.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

Behind-the-scenes tours, one-on-one sessions with golf ball experts, plenty of product testing, giveaways and more...

You’ll be expected to contribute to a live Titleist visit thread and possibly on social media as well…

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED

GolfWRX will select members based on entries and inform them by PM. All Entrants will be picked by June 26.

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• What is your home city/state? Ashland, OH
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon Z-star XV. Cut through wind better than any ball I have played
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Really where I live, everything is about self fitting because there is no where to test. I would love to be part of something where I could learn and really understand what equipment fits my needs and puts me in a position to play better golf.

My answers are in bold below. Good luck to everyone!

• ​What is your home city/state? Brookline, MA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 8
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? TaylorMade TP5X, because I gained distance and accuracy off the tee and with my irons as compared to what I played last year, which was the 2015 Titleist Pro V1.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would love to get a look "behind the curtain" at the research and development side to see what goes into coming out with new versions of the Pro V1/V1X. I've also always thought it would be really cool to make the drive down to the Manchester Lane facility to get fit for wedges, being able to do that in this experience would be amazing.

What is your home city/state? Kansas City, MO

What is your current USGA Handicap? 9.1

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Taylormade TP5x; I wanted to give it a try.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Seeing the how and why Titleist operates would be an amazing opportunity. Their understanding and thought process is only something I can dream about and hearing them explain it would most certainly be a dream come true.

Paradym TD S 10.5o - Atmos Blk TS 6-x

Stealth 2+ 4w - Pro 73 TS-x

Ts2 7w - D+ Ltd 80-x

714 AP2 4-9 - x100

Glide 4.0 50- PX 6.5

Vokey 46oF, 54oS, 60oV - x100/PX 6.5

SC CC 2.5+/AI One DW

• What is your home city/state? Queens, NYC
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 8.2
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Gamer is Titleist Pro V1x (<2017) but have been testing TP5x. I've always played V1x because it gives me the most distance while providing good greenside spin.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? 1) I've never been fitted for a golf ball, only self testing during practice 2) I've never won any of these sweepstakes! Dying to visit one of these facilities 3) Every club in my bag is Titleist except my driver so safe to say I would love to visit!!!

Bandon Dunes 2016
Scottsdale 2017
Pinehurst 2018
Masters 2019

Bandon Dunes 2022

Corpus Christi, TX

Srixon Z Star XV (best ball in the wind) & Pro V1x - both long off the tee and great iron play.

Would like to test the products.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

• ​What is your home city/state? Cobleskill New York
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 4.6
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? A little bit of everything but mostly Prov1X prior generation, Chrome soft, Bridgestone B330s
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? It sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime and i have never been through a formal golf ball fitting before so its something i could really benefit from.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 @11.25 Ventus TR Red 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 wood 15 @15.75 Ventus TR Red 8X

Taylormade Stealth 2+ 2 Rescue @18.5* LAGP AXS RED 85HX
Titleist T200 4-6 T150 7-PW Modus 105X 4 iron 120X 5-PW

Taylormade My MG4 50 Modus 120X
Taylormade My MG4 56 TI DG S400

Taylormade My High Toe 3 60 TI DG S400

Taylormade Spider Tour V Stability Tour

Taylormade TP5X 2024

• ​What is your home city/state? NJ
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 23.6 (approach shots stink)
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist NXT-S because they are less expensive than ProV1 but offer enough spin to hold greens.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I think it would be a really cool experience and I would also be able to get fit into the right type of ball for me, because I always go back and forth.

• ​What is your home city/state? Churchville, Pa.
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 5.0 GHIN
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I play the Titleist ProV1X especially when I get a good deal on say 6-12 dozen, but that doesn't always happen! If I can't get Titleist for $30-35.00 a dozen I play the TM TPx's because they're the closest ball for me in terms of the feel and distance I like.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Because I have always been a Titleist guy and I'm very interested in the work that goes in behind the scenes when it comes to any manufacturing and R&D especially when it comes to golf equipment. . Also Titleist has always stood for premium quality IMHO. I have played the Titleist golf balls going back to the Professional 90 in the late 80's and 90's. When the first Pro V1 was introduced it changed the game!

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

• ​What is your home city/state? - Wales, WI
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? - 12
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? - Volvik S3/S4 - I play this as i am good friends with the local rep and get a good deal on them
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I mean why not, it would be very cool to see how golf balls are made here. Who doesn't like to get a behind the scenes look at something that is so private! Started out playing Titleist, have switched between everything over the years, would be a fun trip for sure!

• What is your home city/state? Berlin, CT
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10.1
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? PRO V1, I have always played it because of the firmness and quality in each ball
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would like to learn about how the golf balls are made, all of the behind the scenes that go on to create the best ball on tour. In the process, I would like to see if I am truly playing the right ball in the Titleist line. This would be an awesome experience!

What is your home city/state? Wallkill, NY (near west point)

• What is your current USGA Handicap? - 14

• Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? - Pro V1 and Wilson Duo. - Prov 1 is the best all around ball i have played and Wilson duo for the low compression soft feel.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? - I have played Titleist my entire life (30 years) and always dreamed of being involved and making a difference for amateurs everywhere to help grow the game in some way, shape or form

• ​What is your home city/state? Boston, MA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 13.7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? B330, TP5, ProV1, or whatever I've found looking for an errant shot in the woods.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? For one, it sounds like an opportunity any golf nut would want to jump at. More importantly, I've been fit for the rest of my equipment, but never for a ball. I've been fairly agnostic between "regular" and "x" variants of tour balls, but being able to go through some LM and on-course testing would be incredible.

City- Frankfort Ky.

index-5.9

current ball- Srixion Zstar, good in the wind, plus it comes in yellow, so it's easy to find.

Why would I like to attend- Well that's easy, every person on WRX would like to go on one of these trips. There are many things that you can learn directly from OEM's, and I have found only the best fittings are done by the Oem itself. I would love to be given a reason to put more Titleist products back in my bag.

​What is your home city/state? Orlando Florida

What is your current USGA Handicap? 4

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? TP5. Why, I don't know I think I love the softness of it.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I'd like to know about the research behind the scene.

• ​What is your home city/state? New York, NY
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 7.0
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1x, have been a Titleist player since I started my golfing life with the Professional 90. I play this ball because I never have to second guess what the ball will do. The ball has my complete trust.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would like to attend to see the facilities as I am a fan of learning how things are made

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

n a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

• ​What is your home city/state? Portland, Maine
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 1.2
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist ProV1x due to the superior feel and performance. This ball has outperformed anything I've tried and always feels the best around the greens.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Living only 120 or so miles away, I've always taken pride that one of the world's hidden golf gems is right in our backyard but I've never had the chance to explore. I attended the University of Rhode Island and we often thought about taking a quick road trip to the facility. Certainly a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Hometown: Glen Carbon, IL

Handicap: 4

Current ball: Srixon Z Star. I like the soft feel and higher spin.

Why: Just getting back to playing seriously after being out 5 years with a shoulder injury. I'm committed to getting my game back to where it was before my injury. I'm playing with the clubs that were fitted to me when I was a +2 and had much more club head speed. I am really struggling to find new equipment that works because I tend to be a low launch/low spin player and most new clubs and balls seem to be designed to spin less. I am very interested in finding the best products for my game. When I played my best golf I used Titleist equipment.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

• What is your home city/state? Lancaster, PA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 12
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1x- high spin player needing all the reduction possible.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Being in manufacturing I always like seeing how different products are made. From my first set of 762 DCI's I've been a Titleist fan. Everything about their products are pure and represent what the game means to me.

G410 LST 9* w/ Small Batch HZRDUS Green 70 6.5
G425 Max 14.5* w/ Tensei Pro Blue 80TX
818 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX
TM UDI 18* w/ Tensei Pro White 100TX
0311T w/ Nippon Modus 5-PW 3 120X
SM8 50F, 54S and Wedgeworks 58V w/ Nippon Modus 125X
Tour Issue Spider Tour Black
2019 ProV1

• What is your home city/state? Parker, Co
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 6.6
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I play the ProV1X for is over all consistency and performance.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Yes, I would love to. See my avatar!

Thanks for the opportunity.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

• What is your home city/state? Dallas, Texas
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 4.7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I currently game the Taylormade TP5x, having recently switched from using Titleist Pro V1x's for years. Although it spins a bit less, I did not find it to cause any sacrifices in my wedge game or chips/pitches compared to the Pro V1x.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would be very interested to see hard data comparing the new pro v1, pro v1x, and TP5x head to head with my swing. I have only done very basic on course testing with the three and found the TP5x to be the best for me at the moment based almost solely on how it handles windy conditions (I play most often in north Texas and Oklahoma). My testing was very unscientific and I think I could really benefit from a professional ball fitting, which I have never previously done surprisingly.

[color=#0000ff]PING G410+ [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS T1100 Tour Issue 6.5 75g[/color]
[color=#0000FF]PING G410 LST 3W [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 85g[/color]
[color=#A9A9A9]Titleist 818H1 2H [/color][color=#ff0000]Fujikura Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9X[/color]
[color=#A9A9A9]Titleist U510 4i [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS Black Hybrid Tour Issue 6.5 105g[/color]
[color=#808080]Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-PW [/color][color=#ff0000]X100 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 50* F Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]X100 Tour Issue USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 54* M Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]S400 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 58* K Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]S400 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#0000CD]Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 35" w/ Super Stroke 2.0 USA Ryder Cup Grip[/color]

• ​What is your home city/state? Scottsdale, Arizona
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10.5
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon Z-Star Yellow best premium yellow ball. I started playing yellow when I had my white ball hit by opponents multiple times in am tournaments.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? A general understanding of what ball maximizes my abilities as a golfer.

• ​What is your home city/state? New York
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 1
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Bridgestone B330S. Just a good all around performer for me from tee to green.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I'm not too far from MA and lived there for a number of years. Love the Beantown! Titleist has a reputation for quality and being in the Pharma industry, I'd be curious to learn about their processes and procedures for producing premium golf balls.
  • Great opportunity....thank you!!

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

​What is your home city/state?

Cincinnati, OH

What is your current USGA Handicap?

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

B330, flight is good, does great in the wind and works around the greens for me.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

Are you kidding, why would anyone not want to do this?

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

​What is your home city/state? New York City, NY

What is your current USGA Handicap? 9

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Bridgestone B330, Srixon Z-star XV or 2015 ProV1x -- depending on conditions

Why would you like to attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? This the first time since high school that I've started to try to take my golf game very seriously and try to return to "prime" form. I've already invested a ton of time, effort, lessons, indoor putting through winter, chipping in the apt (bless my wife)... now it's time to take my game to the next level and knock off those last 5 stubborn strokes.... but even more importantly I've never beaten my 83 year old grandfather in stroke play. He easily shoots his age and talks a lot of smack - so I NEED to get better haha

• What is your home city/state? Winston-Salem, NC (although originally Hull, England)
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 1.8
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist Pro V1 although just switched to ProV1x
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? As an engineer I deal with precision on a daily basis and I fell Titleist matches that mentality more than any manufacturer. No gimmicks, no crazy widgets and gadgets on their clubs every few months. They have a set cycle and make quality products. Their golf balls just work, everyone tries something new but most come back to a Titleist. I think I know which ball I prefer between the ProV1 and ProV1x but I'd love the experts to give me hard facts (engineer coming out in me there again...)

​What is your home city/state? - Scarsdale, NY

What is your current USGA Handicap? - 6.1 index

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? - 2017 ProV1

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've had great luck with Titleist lately. This season I've put the 917 D3 and F2, and s couple of SM6 wedges in my bag to join my Cameron putter and AP2 irons. I didn't really set out to have an almost all Titleist bad, but each fitting I've had in the last couple of years, a Titleist club has wound up being my best option. This year, my ball testing also had me come back to the ProV1 after a few seasons playing Taylormade balls. After a few years of playing the "x" versions of the TM balls and the ProV1x before that, I wasn't expecting the V1 to be an option, but it's been great so far.

Given my current bag make up, I'd love to be able to visit the place where it all comes together, and understand a little more about what's happening with these balls and clubs that have them performing so well for me. Plus j think yt would just be a cool experience!