We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Tensei Pro White and Blue Hybrid Shafts

GreenGrassEvaluations ·  
GreenGrassEvaluationsGreenGrassEvaluations www.GreenGrassEvaluations.com 20Sponsors Posts: 20
Joined:  edited Mar 27, 2018 in GreenGrassEvaluations.com #1
In stock and ready to ship.

White Flexes

90S

90tx

100tx

Blue

70S

80S

80tx

90tx

Price - $180
Posted:
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please check out our Products For Sale area above.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 4rheel4rheel OC, California 2082Members Posts: 2,082
    Is this Tollbros?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GreenGrassEvaluationsGreenGrassEvaluations www.GreenGrassEvaluations.com  20Sponsors Posts: 20
    4rheel wrote:

Is this Tollbros?

JT aka TollBros will be posting on this account, yes. He, Aaron, and myself Keith will all be using our sponsor account to post. But to answer your question in a different way, JT aka TollBros will be the one dealing with all online sales as well as conducting and posting all of our test content for membership. He will also be participating as a normal member as well from what I understand.
    Posted:

• 4rheel4rheel OC, California 2082Members Posts: 2,082
    Awesome! Glad you guys made it here as one of our sponsors. Good luck to you guys!
    Posted:
  • GreenGrassEvaluationsGreenGrassEvaluations www.GreenGrassEvaluations.com  20Sponsors Posts: 20
    4rheel wrote:

Awesome! Glad you guys made it here as one of our sponsors. Good luck to you guys!

Thank you. We have been in the process of it for some time. Thankfully we will now be able to bring you Tour products and rare products that the community seems to love, as well as tons of cool testing and data threads which should provide tons of valuable information.
    Posted:

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. Canada 2912Members Posts: 2,912
    No stiff flex! **** my piddly swing speed!!!
    Posted:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 10.5° driver MCA Diamana ZF 50 S Flex

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood MCA Diamana BF 60 S Flex

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MCA MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex

Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Titleist Yellow Pro V1x

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° driver MCA Diamana DF 50 S Flex

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid MCA MMT 90 S Flex

Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang

noodle3872 wrote:

No stiff flex! **** my piddly swing speed!!!

I'm sure at some point, but almost all early Tour releases are TX flex only.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • rugbydaverugbydave  137Members Posts: 137
    Put me down for a 100TX. If you can spec it out, please let me know.
    Posted:
  • ohiogolfer58ohiogolfer58  26Members Posts: 26
    Are these still available for pre-order?
    Posted:
    Taylormade 2016 M2 9.5°/ Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    Cobra King F7 Fairway 14.5°/ Green Mamba X-Torsion XT
    Callaway XR Hybrid 19°/ Tensei White TX 100
    Srixon 545 4-PW/ Nippon X 120
    Taylormade MG Wedges 51°-55°-59°
    Scotty Cameron Newport Mid Slant
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4902Sponsors Posts: 4,902

I've got 15 of each presold and am wary to commit any more in case I can't fill that order. I'm holding off on taking any more pre orders until I know for certain the quantity that is coming. 15 of each I know we can cover. I'm hoping these will be here literally any time.
    Posted:

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
    TollBros wrote:

I've got 15 of each presold and am wary to commit any more in case I can't fill that order. I'm holding off on taking any more pre orders until I know for certain the quantity that is coming. 15 of each I know we can cover. I'm hoping these will be here literally any time.

Alright sounds good thank you for the update.
    Posted:

TollBros wrote:

We SHOULD have extras, but I don't want to over promise and under deliver.
    Posted:

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Advertisement
    TollBros wrote:

TollBros wrote:

We SHOULD have extras, but I don't want to over promise and under deliver.

Alright, that makes sense and sounds good.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • JustinDJustinD  226ClubWRX Posts: 226
    JT,

I'm guessing these shafts will be .370 tip diameter since it's a hybrid shafts and would need to be slimmed down to fit into a .355 driving iron?
    Posted:
  • rymail00rymail00  6705Members Posts: 6,705
    Just a couple quick questions. So are these the exact same material makeup as the White Pro shafts (basically identical feel, responsiveness, load characteristics as the wood shafts, but in hybrid version? hope that makes sense.)

Also any specs on the shafts yet?

Thanks guys!

Ryan
    Posted:
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)
    Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
    rymail00 wrote:

Just a couple quick questions. So are these the exact same material makeup as the White Pro shafts (basically identical feel, responsiveness, load characteristics as the wood shafts, but in hybrid version? hope that makes sense.)

Also any specs on the shafts yet?

Thanks guys!

Ryan

They are kevlar butt, but MR70 tip like the Pro Orange. That's for the Tour models. I have no idea what any retail model might be when/if it gets released at some point. As with most Tour stuff, the emphasis is on performance and not cost, so the highest grade materials are used. The feel is pretty much just like a heavy Pro White. Precise specs on Tour only stuff are pretty hard to come by.

JustinD wrote:

JT,

I'm guessing these shafts will be .370 tip diameter since it's a hybrid shafts and would need to be slimmed down to fit into a .355 driving iron?

The protos I had were .355 tip, but I have no idea what the next batch will be until I lay hands on them, which should be a couple weeks.
    Posted:

• JustinDJustinD  226ClubWRX Posts: 226
    JT

Can you compare the Tensei Pro White Hybrid vs HZRDUS Black 105X for a driving iron?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    JustinD wrote:

JT

Can you compare the Tensei Pro White Hybrid vs HZRDUS Black 105X for a driving iron?

The black feels a bit stiffer overall and hits a bit lower. The Pro White has a little more life to the shaft, but still stable and tight, and gets the ball a bit more airborne with similar spin. Some guys spin the white less because it doesn't have that feel like you need to flip it or hit down into the turf to get the ball to elevate. I guess I'd say it feels a bit more like a wood shaft than the Hzrdus hybrid.
    Posted:

• golf4fungolf4fun  554ClubWRX Posts: 554
    Are those 2 different shafts in the photos? Looks like different finishes, any of these still available?
    Posted:
    golf4fun wrote:

Are those 2 different shafts in the photos? Looks like different finishes, any of these still available?

Same shafts. I'm clean out of these things at the moment, but I should have more in about 2-2 1/2 weeks.
    Posted:

• golf4fungolf4fun  554ClubWRX Posts: 554
    TollBros wrote:

golf4fun wrote:

Same shafts. I'm clean out of these things at the moment, but I should have more in about 2-2 1/2 weeks.

I'll take one when you get them!!
    Posted:
  • hwu1hwu1  38Members Posts: 38
    do the new Titleist 818 hybrids come with the same Pro White hybrid shafts just in different weights/flexes?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    hwu1 wrote:

do the new Titleist 818 hybrids come with the same Pro White hybrid shafts just in different weights/flexes?

They come with a retail version. As with all Mitsubishi and Aldila product, the TX versions are the high modulous, higher grade material versions meant for Tour. For the guy swinging 100 or less, the retail is probably the better choice. For the guys above 105, I'd assume they would want the Tour version.
    Posted:

• TJacks1908TJacks1908  56ClubWRX Posts: 56
    Do you know if Mitsubishi makes a pro version of the blue hybrid? On their website I only see a non-pro blue hybrid listed. Thanks!
    Posted:
    TJacks1908 wrote:

Do you know if Mitsubishi makes a pro version of the blue hybrid? On their website I only see a non-pro blue hybrid listed. Thanks!

At this point they do not.
    Posted:

TollBros wrote:

hwu1 wrote:

They come with a retail version. As with all Mitsubishi and Aldila product, the TX versions are the high modulous, higher grade material versions meant for Tour. For the guy swinging 100 or less, the retail is probably the better choice. For the guys above 105, I'd assume they would want the Tour version.

So basically MRC is making Tensei hybrids shafts for the Titleist 818 release, and those Tensei are different, and are a slightly watered down version of this model, because they are using stronger better materials for The Tour guys. Which is not a huge surprise. It's basically what they've been doing the last couple releases with shafts that have been released almost the same time with Titelist releases?
    Posted:

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    C&L CL1 368g
    rymail00 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

hwu1 wrote:

So basically MRC is making Tensei hybrids shafts for the Titleist 818 release, and those Tensei are different, and are a slightly watered down version of this model, because they are using stronger better materials for The Tour guys. Which is not a huge surprise. It's basically what they've been doing the last couple releases with shafts that have been released almost the same time with Titelist releases?

Not a watered down version, an entirely different shaft. The TX is very much like the TX profile in Kuro Kàge Dual Core. The TX is an entirely different profile meant for Tour. Higher modulous materials, longer Kevlar section, lower spin, etc. It's an entirely different profile, not just a beefed up version of the stocker.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    TollBros wrote:

rymail00 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

hwu1 wrote:

Not a watered down version, an entirely different shaft. The TX is very much like the TX profile in Kuro Kàge Dual Core. The TX is an entirely different profile meant for Tour. Higher modulous materials, longer Kevlar section, lower spin, etc. It's an entirely different profile, not just a beefed up version of the stocker.

Thanks TB.

I'd love to try one but I don't bring that type of heat (doubt they'd make a 90g stiff someday). I'm not saying that the Titleist hybrids shaft are not good, but just a different animal than the model that's being talked about in this thread. That was really what I was wondering about the profile/materials, and it's now confirmed. Really appreciate the response, and love reading the reviews.

Thanks!

Ryan
    Posted:

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    C&L CL1 368g
    rymail00 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

rymail00 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

hwu1 wrote:

Thanks TB.

I'd love to try one but I don't bring that type of heat (doubt they'd make a 90g stiff someday). I'm not saying that the Titleist hybrids shaft are not good, but just a different animal than the model that's being talked about in this thread. That was really what I was wondering about the profile/materials, and it's now confirmed. Really appreciate the response, and love reading the reviews.

Thanks!

Ryan

The TX is definitely for the player who doesn't like a ton of spin in the hybrid or driving iron, or who hits a high ball. There will be no stiff in the high modulous profile. Only TX.
    Posted:

• GrantmurGrantmur  185Members Posts: 185
    Toll,

PM me when you get more in, I'd like to try one in my m2 lift
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Grantmur wrote:

Toll,

PM me when you get more in, I'd like to try one in my m2 lift

Shouldn't be too long. I'm supposed to have 20+ of each so it's going to be cutting it close on supply. If you want to put down deposit, like most of the other guys, it will guarantee you get one. I've just had so many inquiries it separates the buyers from the wanters. Haha
    Posted: