GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Bushnell Neo XS won't charge

johnnybogey ·  
johnnybogeyjohnnybogey Members  1926WRX Points: 152Posts: 1,926 Platinum Tees
Have owned this for maybe 2 years? Didn't use it at alllast year. Tried charging it up today and it won't even charge. Cleaned the contacts on the watch and charger and still no go. <br />
<br />
Anyone else have this issue? Waiting to hear back from Bushnell. <br />
<br />
Kinda makes me wonder if I should bother getting another gos watch if the internal battery will only last two years. <br />
<br />
Posted:
Ping G410 LST 9* Accra TZ5
Ping G10 15* hybrid
Ping G10 21* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-AW Recoil 95 Prototype
TM Hi Toe 54*
TM Hi Toe 58*
Directed Force 2.1
WITB Link

Comments

• kymonopolykymonopoly Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2
    I am having this EXACT same issue. I charged it over night. Cleaned the connections. Charged it again overnight. Tried plugging in to an outlet to charge overnight. I tried plugging into my laptop for 6hours while at work to charge. Nothing works. Let me know what you find out.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kymonopolykymonopoly Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2
    <br />
    Have owned this for maybe 2 years? Didn't use it at alllast year. Tried charging it up today and it won't even charge. Cleaned the contacts on the watch and charger and still no go.<br />
    <br />
    Anyone else have this issue? Waiting to hear back from Bushnell.<br />
    <br />
    Kinda makes me wonder if I should bother getting another gos watch if the internal battery will only last two years.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I called Bushnell and talked to a guy who said it sounds like a cord issue. He had me plug it into my computer and an outlet while on the phone with him and nothing happened. The cords are out of stock and should be in August 13th according to him.<br />
    <br />
    AFTER I spoke with him and he said it was a cord issue, I cleaned the usb end (which I hadn't before) and plugged it in. As of right now, the watch IS charging. Just thought you should know.
    Posted:
  • johnnybogeyjohnnybogey Members  1926WRX Points: 152Posts: 1,926 Platinum Tees
    kymonopoly wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Have owned this for maybe 2 years? Didn't use it at alllast year. Tried charging it up today and it won't even charge. Cleaned the contacts on the watch and charger and still no go.<br />
    <br />
    Anyone else have this issue? Waiting to hear back from Bushnell.<br />
    <br />
    Kinda makes me wonder if I should bother getting another gos watch if the internal battery will only last two years.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I called Bushnell and talked to a guy who said it sounds like a cord issue. He had me plug it into my computer and an outlet while on the phone with him and nothing happened. The cords are out of stock and should be in August 13th according to him.<br />
    <br />
    AFTER I spoke with him and he said it was a cord issue, I cleaned the usb end (which I hadn't before) and plugged it in. As of right now, the watch IS charging. Just thought you should know.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks for the update. For me, I think the cord is working because when I connect the watch, my computer makes a beep noise to signify that a USB device has been connected.<br />
    <br />
    I also called Bushnell and they explained that I would need to send it in a pay for the repair. Kinda sucks that the watch is broken after 2 years of literally 5 rounds of use.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* Accra TZ5
    Ping G10 15* hybrid
    Ping G10 21* hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-AW Recoil 95 Prototype
    TM Hi Toe 54*
    TM Hi Toe 58*
    Directed Force 2.1
    WITB Link
  • teetimeteetime Members  1WRX Points: 48Posts: 1 Starters

I too had same issue. I knew it wasn’t the chord because computer would recognize watch. I held all the buttons at once, “usb mode” appeared. Did it again and it said to check something then it started charging. Hope this helps.

Posted:
  • LeoKalLeoKal Members  217WRX Points: 73Handicap: 15Posts: 217 Fairways

When I first got mine I had similar issues. I pushed the lower right button, got some message about the “bin” or something, and then the watch charged. Have the issue when the battery is drained.

Posted:
    Callaway XR, 10.5. Fujikura Pro, R
    Callaway XR, 15*
    Taylormade SLDR 19*
    Mizuno MP 64 4-PW, Project X 5.0
    Cameron Studio Selecot Newport 2
    Mizuno 52, Titleist Vokey 56, 60
  • aidan81aidan81 Validating - Unconfirmed, Members  1WRX Points: 0Posts: 1 Starters

Press bottom right hand button if not charging. It performs some type of reboot and starts charging.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Coach366Coach366 Members  1WRX Points: 5Posts: 1 Starters

I tried teetimes solution and it worked! Good job tee times

Posted:
  • BigDog299BigDog299 Validating - Unconfirmed, Members  3WRX Points: 0Posts: 3 Starters

Used watch on Friday. Thought it was fully charged from night before. Picked up watch today Sunday and saw it had a blank screen. WTH. Plugged in charger and nothing.

Before finding your site, I managed to bring it back to life my pushing all buttons at same time. So, now I see that only lower right needed to be pushed and held to bring it

back to life. But still no charging when plugged in. Nothing from PC when connected there. Hmm. Now finding your posting, a tip to clean the USB end of cord. How?

Then it hit me. Take a closer look at the contacts on the watch. The first one looked dull. I cleaned it with an eraser end of pencil, then a little scraping with a small metal screwdriver.

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!! Now it's charging again. I suspect over time, sweat and dirt, gums up the contact, since it's directly touching the skin. That's my story.

Posted:
  • BigDog299BigDog299 Validating - Unconfirmed, Members  3WRX Points: 0Posts: 3 Starters

My contacts on watch was dirty. Cleaned, now charging again. If screen is blank from a very low battery, holding the lower right button for a second or two, will bring screen back.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.