2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Diamante Question

berrykicker34

I have a question involving Diamante. I know there are a lot of previous post about the timeshare presentation but I have a more specific question regarding the greens fee to play.

I am visiting the first week in Oct and have a date/time already set up for the timeshare presentation. After the presentation I have a tee time with a $320 greens fee + caddie. I have read reviews on other websites that people were able to complete the presentation then play for free afterwards. Some reviews I read, involve couples being asked in downtown San Lucas by agents to attend the timeshare presentation and they can pick from freebies, including free green fees. Can anyone confirm or tell me they have taken advantage of this?

Many thanks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very inconsistent program. They do have street vendors offering "tours" which is apart of the IronMan Marketing company, they will make you feel like garbage if you do not buy. Just be prepared. Diamante is a fantastic property but damn the marketing team is a bunch of sh*t heads. Play the Dunes if you have a chance.

WITB 2019:

Callaway Epic Flash Sub 0 Driver
Callaway Rogue 3-wood
Callaway Apex MB 3-PW
Chrome 4 Wedges 52 & 56
Ping Anser No.5 Putter

I stayed with a dunes residency member who bought 50 weeks (good friend of mine) in 2015. When we played it was $160 for a round and a replay rate of $40. We played 4 of our 7 days but always played 36 holes due to the replay rate. The dunes course is awesome. Spectacular views but just be warned that the wind can be pretty viscous. Tigers course is no slouch though. I enjoyed it as well. If you were to play his course, you wouldn't be disappointed. The comfort stations are out of this world. Great food and drink. You won't be hungry or thirsty at the end of your round.

Just remember, if you do buy you can negotiate how many free rounds you get. My buddy gets 10 free rounds for every week he stays there. Other members we had talked to had 20 free rounds. You can give rounds to your friends if they golf and stay with you. I wouldn't reccomend buying, but the property is pretty amazing.

I stayed with a dunes residency member who bought 50 weeks (good friend of mine) in 2015. When we played it was $160 for a round and a replay rate of $40. We played 4 of our 7 days but always played 36 holes due to the replay rate. The dunes course is awesome. Spectacular views but just be warned that the wind can be pretty viscous. Tigers course is no slouch though. I enjoyed it as well. If you were to play his course, you wouldn't be disappointed. The comfort stations are out of this world. Great food and drink. You won't be hungry or thirsty at the end of your round.

Just remember, if you do buy you can negotiate how many free rounds you get. My buddy gets 10 free rounds for every week he stays there. Other members we had talked to had 20 free rounds. You can give rounds to your friends if they golf and stay with you. I wouldn't reccomend buying, but the property is pretty amazing.

Can't beat those rates. $320 is definitely pushing the high side, especially when I read people getting the green fee covered to set through the same presentation I have too.

I'm lined up to play the Dunes course at the moment. Really looking forward to the entire experience.

Two other things:

Make sure you spend plenty of time at the driving range. You'll be able to order sliders for lunch. Just order all 4 kinds (the seared ahi tuna was great). And they use pro v's with the diamanté logo at the range. Definitly slip one into your pocket as a souvenir. I still have mine.

And make sure to buy a hat or shirt from the pro shop. It's high priced but who knows when you'll ever get back. You can also ask them to shuttle you over to tigers course for a look. The pro shop there Is pretty cool as well.

Two other things:

Make sure you spend plenty of time at the driving range. You'll be able to order sliders for lunch. Just order all 4 kinds (the seared ahi tuna was great). And they use pro v's with the diamanté logo at the range. Definitly slip one into your pocket as a souvenir. I still have mine.

And make sure to buy a hat or shirt from the pro shop. It's high priced but who knows when you'll ever get back. You can also ask them to shuttle you over to tigers course for a look. The pro shop there Is pretty cool as well.

Thanks for the advice. I hear the comfort stations are worth the money for admission.

Hope my wife don't kill me for signing us up for this presentation on our vacation. She doesn't even play golf.

I'm booked at an all inclusive for Mid December. Dunes is on the list to play. What is the process for setting up a presentation plus golf?

I emailed the sales staff. They got back with me pretty fast and set up a time. Told me they only have 1 to 2 tee times per day for non-member play. I've read reviews that the presentation is 3+ hours and you never are on the course at your designated tee time. Also many people say its a hard sale. So I guess I know what I'm getting into by setting up a tee time.

I have emailed the sales team about the cost tjblue, thanks for the advice. I'll let you know what they say.

Everything in mexico is negotiable...call back and tell them you are going to cancel because the price is too high...watch the price go down.

Update: so received a reply to my email saying to let them know if I can't do $320 and they will 'open my calendar to other clients'. So not sure if there bluffing or series on my threat not to pay the high greens fee.

I read that the presentation is up to 3hr. So 6hr for my wife and I to sit through a time share presentation to turn around and pay $320 for golf. I know its a top 100 course but I can't justify the 6hr presentation during our vacation.

Well...you tried. You can always check back later. Never take the first offer...you usually have the leverage. Send them a thank-you for their time e-mail and if they change their mind about the costs, have their supervisor contact you (send it up the chain...someone you can negotiate with). I find it hard to believe you won't find a salesman down by the marina you can get a better deal from. A full day of vacation plus 320$ is out of my wheel house and I happily paid full freight for Pebble last year.

Well...you tried. You can always check back later. Never take the first offer...you usually have the leverage. Send them a thank-you for their time e-mail and if they change their mind about the costs, have their supervisor contact you (send it up the chain...someone you can negotiate with). I find it hard to believe you won't find a salesman down by the marina you can get a better deal from. A full day of vacation plus 320$ is out of my wheel house and I happily paid full freight for Pebble last year.

Paying to play Pebble is well worth the money. I value my vacation time, for time spent and price, I agree its not worth it. Really want to play Diamante but I have to turn it down for that price. May attempt to find a sales rep downtown or at the airport for a better price. Thanks for the advice.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I would have a hard time sitting through a 3 hr presentation and then paying $320 for the round. However, I do have to say that it is a great course. Played it 3 years ago as my buddy is a Diamante member; played El Cardinal twice and the Dunes once. The best was is we only paid $160, which with all food and drinks included is a great deal. We are going back next year and will play it again at least once if not twice. The comfort stations on each course are phenomenal. We eat breakfast and lunch on the course with drinks of all kinds included. My buddy gets 6 free rounds for the week at Tiger's course, plus next year we may try out the short 9 hole course that just opened not that long ago.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm headed down in a few weeks and checked into Diamante. Someone in their marketing dept got back to me and I'll be able to get on. Serving us breakfast at 9 AM then a tour of the property (total of 90 minutes including breakfast). We'll then have access to the practice facility and lunch. Tee off at 12:30 for $225. Morning times are reserved exclusively for members and they only have 4 tee times per hour..I guess due to the time spent at comfort stations. Rate seems very reasonable when you consider prices of the public options.

I got the same reply, a little hard for me to justify being on tour with the wife and a 0% chance of us investing. It is a long way from New Zealand!

I received your email in regards to wanting to play at Diamante. We’re excited to have you visit our beautiful resort in Cabo San Lucas.

As you probably have heard by now, Diamante’s “Dunes” designed by Davis Love III, is now ranked the number
#1 golf course in Mexico & # 36 in the world by Golf Magazine
. Equally exciting, Diamante has it´s second course designed by Tiger Woods called "El Cardonal", and if that’s not enough, we are also home of one of the biggest man made swimming lagoons in the world. Diamante is becoming one of the top resort destinations on the planet.

Although The Dunes & El Cardonal
are
private courses, we do offer a one time playing
opportunity
to qualified prospects who participate in a property tour presentation.

We are actively looking for members and would be delighted to take the time to showcase our vacation, fractional and full ownership opportunities to you.

All non members are required to attend a complimentary breakfast followed by a Diamante Property Introduction, we will provide you with membership information along with pricing. If you meet our marketing qualifications, I am able to offer you a promotional rate to play one of your private golf courses. (depends on availability, we only have one hour per day of marketing non-member tee times)

If you would like to find out more information on how you can play one of our private golf courses, please reply to this email.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

We are booked to go back again to Diamante February 2020 for the Super Bowl party / tournament at the Dunes course. I can't wait, it was such an awesome place. Last time we played Dunes twice, El Cardonal three times, and Quivira once. Unbelievable golf and resort. Now hopefully my Packers can make the big game and that would just be the topper! (good luck on that one)

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
Scotty Cameron GOLO

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked to go back again to Diamante February 2020 for the Super Bowl party / tournament at the Dunes course. I can't wait, it was such an awesome place. Last time we played Dunes twice, El Cardonal three times, and Quivira once. Unbelievable golf and resort. Now hopefully my Packers can make the big game and that would just be the topper! (good luck on that one)

Are you renting or do you have a time-share? Would love to know the process, and if course access for renters is a hassle. Thanks!

SIM w Ventus Black 6x

G410LST 3w w THUMP 70x

G410 2H w Thump 80x
TM P790 4-P w X100TI
Cleveland Zipcore 50*Mid & 54*Mid

TM Hi-Toe 60*

Odyssey O-Works Black #1

Are you renting or do you have a time-share? Would love to know the process, and if course access for renters is a hassle. Thanks!

Friends of ours have a time share I believe. I am not exactly sure how it all works, but they get access to a condo for one week every year. We went with them last year, and we got the invite to go back next year. It is really awesome there. I don't know if course access would be an issue honestly, when we were there the courses were not overly busy. We pretty much got to play whenever we wanted to.

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
Scotty Cameron GOLO

im curious if anyone has done the presentation recently? i reached out to them on their website form and they got back to me and said they would waive the $320 green fee completely if i attended the presentation. im travelling in late September 2019.

they said i need to be on the property by 8:45am and includes breakfast and would pay for my taxi to the property. and that tee time would be from noon-1pm as that is the only times they have available for prospects. but that the tee times are all 15 minutes apart and also includes access to the comfort stations on the course.

• 2 weeks later...

> @AC168 said:

> Tee times are 12 min apart.  There is 1 hour slotted for timeshare rounds in the middle of the day.  Most people who have those times don’t make it on time.  

interesting... so if you dont make it to your time, do you basically lose your opportunity to play? they are asking for my credit card to hold my green fee of $320.

i mentioned to them that our kids will be with us and they said they even provide child care, but im thinking thats just for the presentation and not for golf.

The new Nobul hotel on site apparently provides access to the courses, I assume without having to do the presentation. Rooms aren't cheap, but the hotel looks fantastic.

SIM w Ventus Black 6x

G410LST 3w w THUMP 70x

G410 2H w Thump 80x
TM P790 4-P w X100TI

TM Hi-Toe 60*

Odyssey O-Works Black #1

> @"JMO TO" said:

> The new Nobul hotel on site apparently provides access to the courses, I assume without having to do the presentation. Rooms aren't cheap, but the hotel looks fantastic.

There seems to be some dispute about that. I believe that is likely true but if you talk to most of the sales team they’ll tell you no.

FWIW, the website for the hotel doesn’t mention access. https://loscabos.nobuhotels.com/

You need to contact them directly (as per their instagram). I may head down in December/Jan, so have time to figure it out.

> @az2au said:

> > @"JMO TO" said:

> > The new Nobul hotel on site apparently provides access to the courses, I assume without having to do the presentation. Rooms aren't cheap, but the hotel looks fantastic.

>

> There seems to be some dispute about that. I believe that is likely true but if you talk to most of the sales team they’ll tell you no.

>

> FWIW, the website for the hotel doesn’t mention access. https://loscabos.nobuhotels.com/

>

SIM w Ventus Black 6x

G410LST 3w w THUMP 70x

G410 2H w Thump 80x
TM P790 4-P w X100TI

TM Hi-Toe 60*

Odyssey O-Works Black #1