Original 2003-2004 Scotty Cameron Futura

Mtngolfer1Mtngolfer1 Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,683 ✭✭
Does anyone remember the sole plates that were added to the original Futura putters? They were aluminum I believe milled to fit in the sole and held in place by a set ****. My son has been putting lights out with the original banged up future but he recently saw one with the insert and is looking for one. Are they all gone or can you still find one?

Comments

• Trap DrawTrap Draw Members Posts: 34
    edited Jul 6, 2017 #2
    I have one in mine. Your only chance might be to Google it and see what you find. eBay might be helpful also. I think mine is glued in?

Will one for an old Phantom model work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weight-fits-Scotty-Cameron-Futura-phantom-Putter-/132216157734?hash=item1ec8b27626:g:2dcAAOSwp5JWYQIK

Those things were everywhere at one time, so there have to still be some around somewhere.
  • Mtngolfer1Mtngolfer1 Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,683 ✭✭
    Trap Draw wrote:

I have one in mine. Your only chance might be to Google it and see what you find. eBay might be helpful also. I think mine is glued in?

Will one for an old Phantom model work? http://www.ebay.com/...dcAAOSwp5JWYQIK

Those things were everywhere at one time, so there have to still be some around somewhere.
    Thank you I forwarded the link to him. He believes the Phantom has a shorter cavity but he is going to check it out. I was really surprised how well he was putting with the Futura. I explained to him he was 11 years old when that putter was released.
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭
    edited Jul 7, 2017 #4
    The original Futura is a putter i pull back out from time to time

Ugly as ****, but gets the job done
    Yadi for President
  • bdubs3316bdubs3316 Members Posts: 411 ✭✭
    Mtngolfer1 wrote:
    Does anyone remember the sole plates that were added to the original Futura putters? They were aluminum I believe milled to fit in the sole and held in place by a set ****. My son has been putting lights out with the original banged up future but he recently saw one with the insert and is looking for one. Are they all gone or can you still find one?

You're referring to this, correct? I believe you could get them with plain silver or with a line, which this clearly has.

Driver - TaylorMade M3 8.5* w/ Aldila Synergy Black Prototype 70TX tipped 1"
    Fairway wood - 2016 M2 15* w/ HZRDUS Black 85 6.5 tipped 1"
    Irons
    Titleist 716 TMB 2 iron (17*) w/ Project X HA1

Titleist 716 TMB 4 iron (22*) & Titleist 716 TMB 5 iron (26*) w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
    Mizuno MP-69 6 iron (30*),
    7 iron (34*), 8 iron (38*), 9 iron (42*) all w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
    Wedges - Vokey SM6 46F black, Vokey SM6 50F black,
    Vokey 55* V grind oil can, Vokey SM6 60L black & TaylorMade Hi Toe 64* all w/ KBS 610 125
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 7 Dual Balance 38"
    Ball - TaylorMade TP5x
  • whiteout73whiteout73 Members Posts: 1,019 ✭✭
    Dang, I used to have one of those inserts, but threw it away after I sold the putter (which I of course wish I hadn't). For what it's worth, I found the head to be much too heavy with the insert.
    D - Ping G400 10-degree SFT, Diamana ka'li 70S
    3W - Tour Issue TM RBZ Tour TP 14.5, Diamana kai'li 70S
    Hy - TaylorMade 2009 Rescue TP 19, Aldila RIP 85S
    4-W - Ping i25, Ping TFC 189i graphite stiff
    UW - Ping i25, Ping CFS
    54 and 60 - Bettinardi H2 Cashmere
    P - Bettinardi BB28 Raw Limited
    bdubs3316 wrote:

Mtngolfer1 wrote:

You're referring to this, correct? I believe you could get them with plain silver or with a line, which this clearly has.

Yes that is what he is looing for.

whiteout73 wrote:

Dang, I used to have one of those inserts, but threw it away after I sold the putter (which I of course wish I hadn't). For what it's worth, I found the head to be much too heavy with the insert.
    I warned him of that, I thought it might be.
    BYK wrote:

He got his out of a used bin for like $25.00. It is dinged up and as you mentioned Ugly, but he has been rolling it well for over the last month.
  • whiteout73whiteout73 Members Posts: 1,019 ✭✭
    Mtngolfer1 wrote:

BYK wrote:

He got his out of a used bin for like $25.00. It is dinged up and as you mentioned Ugly, but he has been rolling it well for over the last month.

I had gotten mine for free, way back when they came out. My boss at the time had gotten one, didn't like it, and gave it to me. At first, I really liked it, and it was great on short putts. Eventually, I was just too hot and cold with it. Some days I'd make everything, other days I'd get so frustrated that I'd end the round putting with a wedge. Still wish I hadn't sold it, though. Makes me sick to think of all the putters I've sold throughout the years.
    D - Ping G400 10-degree SFT, Diamana ka'li 70S
    3W - Tour Issue TM RBZ Tour TP 14.5, Diamana kai'li 70S
    Hy - TaylorMade 2009 Rescue TP 19, Aldila RIP 85S
    4-W - Ping i25, Ping TFC 189i graphite stiff
    UW - Ping i25, Ping CFS
    54 and 60 - Bettinardi H2 Cashmere
    P - Bettinardi BB28 Raw Limited
  • Phillip ManevalPhillip Maneval Members Posts: 108
    BYK wrote:

Same situation. It is so trusty
    9.0* Cobra KING LTD Black- Veylix Alpina Wildeye 673 Stiff
    16*, 20* Srixon U65 Utility- Nippon N.S. Pro 105 Stiff
    4-PW Mizuno JPX 900 Tour- Nippon N.S. Pro 120 Stiff
    50* 54* 58* Mizuno T7 White Satin Wedges- DG Spinner
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #9
  • 'Noles2013'Noles2013 Members Posts: 16
    I still use the original Futura that I bought used for like $125 in 2010.
  • pkshooterpkshooter Members Posts: 1,562
    My son is currently using my old Futura Phantom. I remember buying one of the aftermarket weight kits that fit in the sole and are held in place with a set ****. They had little cylinders you could remove to adjust the weight and you could engrave your name on it. The person I got mine from no longer makes them or has any available.
    Ping i25 9.5* Diamana Ahina
    TaylorMade V-Steel 15* DG Stiff
    Ping G25 20*, 23* Hybrid TFC Stiff
    Ping G 5-UW N.S. Pro Modus3 105
    Ping Glide 54*WS, 58*ES CFS Wedge
    Ping Anser Milled
    WITB Link
  • LIgolfdudeLIgolfdude Members Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Back to gaming my 2003 Futura with the insert. Great weight and rolls awesome.
    TaylorMade M2 10.5* Aldila Rogue
    Tour Exotics 15* Fubuki
    Adams Super Hybrid XTD 17* Fubuki
    Adams Pro 23* Aldila Tour
    Adams a4 Forged 5-pw DG SL
    Mizuno MP-T 10 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Futura (original) with added insert for additional weight
  • ghoonkghoonk The Hoarder Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    BYK wrote:

Have one of the original Futura putters myself but like whiteout73 said, I get hot and cold from it. Hated that weird ping sound with every putt, but it did have a nice balance. I'm curious about that face plate you guys are talking about though
    [font=georgia,serif]Srixon Z785 w/ stock Miyazaki Mahana (S) shaft
    Srizon F65 4w (17*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
    Srixon H65 2h (16*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S) shaft
    Miura MC501 4-PW w/ TT S300 AMT White (S) shaft
    Miura 50*, 54*, 58* Forged black wedges w/ KBS Tour matt black wedge shafts
    Miura MGP-M3 putter
    [/font]