Ping I200 users

lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,164 ✭✭
Now that some time has passed, how are you guys getting along with your I200's that you bought ? Are you happy with them? Still impressed with the feel and sound?
Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
Ping G25 6-UW
Ping Glide 54,58ES
Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
«13456713

Comments

  • eldog-in-the-hizouseeldog-in-the-hizouse Members Posts: 952 ✭✭
    I love mine! They are my favorite PING iron ever. I have way better trajectory control with them than I had with my Titleist T-MBs.
  • Dunny51Dunny51 Members Posts: 193 ✭✭
    Not to hijack your thread but how is the wear on the i200's? I see some pictures of other model pings that are not that old that look like they've been played for years
  • dbleagdbleag Members Posts: 2,876 ✭✭
    The i200's look real nice, but are they really that much different than the IE-1's?
  • Smokey227Smokey227 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    I have had my i200s since the beginning of the season. Came from a set of i20s that I gamed since they first came out and I do not regret it one bit. Much softer feel, better feedback, more consistent for me. I do have some ball wear on the face, but not significantly more than my i20s. No scratches or bag chatter.



    For me they are more like the i20 or i25 in look and play than the ie1. I did not like the ie1 in comparison. Stuck with my i20s over the ie1.
    Ping G400 Max 10.5 Fujikura Speeder TS 6.3
    Ping G400 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75
    Ping G400 22* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 100
    TaylorMade P790 4-U KBS Tour
    Ping Gilde 2.0 Stealth 54 SS
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES
    Toulon Memphis
  • pheenomz4774pheenomz4774 Posts: 894 ✭✭
    I absolutely loved my Vapor Pro Combos and really took a risk by moving to the i200. But after 4 months they have been spectacular! Best combination of forgiveness, and performance in an iron I have played in years. I play to a 7.6 index right now and see these irons in my bag for a long time.



    I had some concerns after my first few rounds about the initial finish wearing. But they havent worn at all after that. Still looks 3 weeks old. I am ordering a 3 iron for my set as soon as my wife turns her head.
    Back to all Ping...
    G400 Driver 9.0°
    G30 3 Wood 15.5°, G 5 Wood 18.5°
    i210 4 - PW
    Glide 50°/54° SS, 58° ES
    Sigma 2 Valor (B.ig U.gly M.allet)
  • bnb9433bnb9433 Members Posts: 229 ✭✭
    i have had mine for 3 months and i like em more and more every round. i came from i20's and feel and sound are much improved.



    FWIW i have PX 6.0 3-pw
    Cobra F9 w/ Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6s
    Epic Flash 3w w/ HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 70g
    Callaway Apex '19 20* 3H
    Ping i200 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
    Titleist SM6 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey O works 7s
    ProV1
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,164 ✭✭


    I absolutely loved my Vapor Pro Combos and really took a risk by moving to the i200. But after 4 months they have been spectacular! Best combination of forgiveness, and performance in an iron I have played in years. I play to a 7.6 index right now and see these irons in my bag for a long time.



    I had some concerns after my first few rounds about the initial finish wearing. But they havent worn at all after that. Still looks 3 weeks old. I am ordering a 3 iron for my set as soon as my wife turns her head.




    A true WRX'er!!
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

    Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

    Snell MTB Black
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,902 ClubWRX
    I went back to S55/ i E1 after playing them for a month and a half or so and now have gone back to a full set of i E1's. The i200's were nice if you wanted to work a draw, but I lost too much distance when I needed to hit a fade. The i E1's spin a little less for me and make it easier to hit a controlled fade that won't get knocked out of the sky by a headwind.



    I did and still do prefer the feel of the i200's and the control with the 8-9-PW was spot on, just didn't care much for the mid and long irons.
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • ChazbChazb Posts: 911 ✭✭
    I'm very happy with mine a solid club all around,I'm debating getting the i200 u wedge or the glide 2 with a 50 degree loft.

  • RobNY22RobNY22 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭
    edited Jul 6, 2017 #11
    Chazb wrote:


    I'm very happy with mine a solid club all around,I'm debating getting the i200 u wedge or the glide 2 with a 50 degree loft.




    I was debating the same when I ordered mine a while back. Decided to go with the set UW instead of the Glide 50° as I planned to use it for full shots. The past few rounds I have been using it from 75 yards out to send a low punch-like shot to the green and that thing checks on a dime. No regrets, but now thinking of adding the 54° Glide
    PING G25 10.5°
    PING G25 4W/16.5°
    PING G25 3H/20°
    PING i200 4 - UW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54ºSS, 58ºSS
    PING Karsten TR Anser 5 - Starshot Finish / Odyssey Milled RSX #7
  • ForeleftForeleft Members Posts: 2,102 ✭✭
    Having played the i20 and then iE, I love the i200 above the others. It is, for me, almost the perfect iron. Cannot imagine what I would change about them.
  • rpgolfrpgolf Members Posts: 59
    edited Jul 6, 2017 #13
    i200s are great. switched from i5's, honestly theyre pretty similar except better feel/feedback, higher launch, slightly better distance control, low irons more forgiving, slightly delofted. after about 30 rounds (+3 trips on airplanes), wear isnt too bad but i do see very minor wear in the pearl finish and minor dings in the metal near the leading edge and hosel (makes me suspect this is caused by bag chatter, bulletproof i5s were more durable for sure). also unimportant but i've seen the paintfill chip out in a couple areas on the bottom white line and the color code. no regrets to the purchase at all, but take the club fitting very seriously for shaft and lie angle. thats probably the actual reason i like them so much.



    also ill note, i got the U wedge, instead of 50/52 glide. at the beginning i regretted that choice as i seemed to hit my 56 and 60 much better than the U, but ive come around. i think the U has a bit more bounce compared to what i was previously used to
  • SanzabarSanzabar Members Posts: 1,257 ✭✭
    I am about 6-8 rounds in with mine and I cannot recall ever being this comfortable with a set of irons this early on. They are incredible. I do not have one knock on them.



    I came from Ping G25s and the forgiveness was nowhere near the drop off that I expected.
    Ping G400 Max w/Evolution II 569
    Callaway V-Series Heavenwood
    Nike Vapor Speed 23*
    TaylorMade P790
    Nike Engage 56/60* & Callaway PM Grind 64*
    Nike Method Origin B1-01 Custom

    #Colts #ForTheShoe
  • FrohlichFrohlich Members Posts: 597 ✭✭
    Sanzabar wrote:


    I am about 6-8 rounds in with mine and I cannot recall ever being this comfortable with a set of irons this early on. They are incredible. I do not have one knock on them.



    I came from Ping G25s and the forgiveness was nowhere near the drop off that I expected.




    Interesting, I have the G25s now and am seriously considering getting the I200s. I am a 7 handicap but the strength of my game is driving and short game. Iron game is ok. I don't mind the G soles in the middle clubs but don't like them as much on the 9 and PW...just seems like a thinner profile would fit my eye better.
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,894 ClubWRX
    Sanzabar wrote:
    I am about 6-8 rounds in with mine and I cannot recall ever being this comfortable with a set of irons this early on. They are incredible. I do not have one knock on them.



    I came from Ping G25s and the forgiveness was nowhere near the drop off that I expected.




    That's somewhat understandable actually. I think it's reported that the i200s have the same MOI (basically forgiveness level) as that of the G15s (I think it's this model, its one of the G series). So the i200s are very forgiving for their appearance.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • woxwox Members Posts: 79
    I've used mine for about 10 rounds now and while I really like the feel and the looks of them I am running into the same issue I did with my i20s where they seem to be almost a club shorter than both my vapor pro combos and ap2s. I'm going to keep using these for the rest of the year and hopefully it gets better but this seems to be an issue I have with Ping irons for some reason.
    Callaway GBB Epic 10.5°
    Callaway Apex Ut 18°
    Callaway Apex Pro CF16 3-PW
    Callaway MD3 50°&54°
    Callaway PM Grind 58°
    ODYSSEY O-Works Black #2M CS
  • Glaze22Glaze22 FORE!!!! Members Posts: 748 ✭✭
    So far they are still the best feeling irons I have ever used. Just perfect for ME!!!!
  • ChazbChazb Posts: 911 ✭✭
    wox wrote:


    I've used mine for about 10 rounds now and while I really like the feel and the looks of them I am running into the same issue I did with my i20s where they seem to be almost a club shorter than both my vapor pro combos and ap2s. I'm going to keep using these for the rest of the year and hopefully it gets better but this seems to be an issue I have with Ping irons for some reason.
    i would imagine that the lofts are weaker on the i200 which would make them iron for iron shorter than your previous sets.
  • goheels11goheels11 ClubWRX Posts: 319 ClubWRX
    I play 4-9 in the I200's, pw and gap in the glides. Came from pxg's and apex pro's. great feel, and love the shaft performance about 30 rounds in. Finish still looks great and I seem to have picked up a half a club in distance versus previous set. However, my 9 iron loft may have shifted on a flight/travel bag. 8 iron is stock 150, all of the sudden the 9 is 130 ish, used to be 140-142.
  • woxwox Members Posts: 79
    Chazb wrote:

    wox wrote:


    I've used mine for about 10 rounds now and while I really like the feel and the looks of them I am running into the same issue I did with my i20s where they seem to be almost a club shorter than both my vapor pro combos and ap2s. I'm going to keep using these for the rest of the year and hopefully it gets better but this seems to be an issue I have with Ping irons for some reason.
    i would imagine that the lofts are weaker on the i200 which would make them iron for iron shorter than your previous sets.




    Lofts and lengths are identical over all three sets and stock the i200 would have stronger lofts than the other two sets mentioned so that's not what it is. It has been a weird thing with every set of i irons that I have played but I plan on sticking with these to see if it rights itself over time since I liked the i200s way more than anything else I tried out this year.
    Callaway GBB Epic 10.5°
    Callaway Apex Ut 18°
    Callaway Apex Pro CF16 3-PW
    Callaway MD3 50°&54°
    Callaway PM Grind 58°
    ODYSSEY O-Works Black #2M CS
  • PatsNationPatsNation Posts: 1,490 ✭✭
    wox wrote:

    Chazb wrote:

    wox wrote:


    I've used mine for about 10 rounds now and while I really like the feel and the looks of them I am running into the same issue I did with my i20s where they seem to be almost a club shorter than both my vapor pro combos and ap2s. I'm going to keep using these for the rest of the year and hopefully it gets better but this seems to be an issue I have with Ping irons for some reason.
    i would imagine that the lofts are weaker on the i200 which would make them iron for iron shorter than your previous sets.




    Lofts and lengths are identical over all three sets and stock the i200 would have stronger lofts than the other two sets mentioned so that's not what it is. It has been a weird thing with every set of i irons that I have played but I plan on sticking with these to see if it rights itself over time since I liked the i200s way more than anything else I tried out this year.
    Launching higher and spinning more?
  • woxwox Members Posts: 79
    Chunk777 wrote:

    wox wrote:

    Chazb wrote:

    wox wrote:


    I've used mine for about 10 rounds now and while I really like the feel and the looks of them I am running into the same issue I did with my i20s where they seem to be almost a club shorter than both my vapor pro combos and ap2s. I'm going to keep using these for the rest of the year and hopefully it gets better but this seems to be an issue I have with Ping irons for some reason.
    i would imagine that the lofts are weaker on the i200 which would make them iron for iron shorter than your previous sets.




    Lofts and lengths are identical over all three sets and stock the i200 would have stronger lofts than the other two sets mentioned so that's not what it is. It has been a weird thing with every set of i irons that I have played but I plan on sticking with these to see if it rights itself over time since I liked the i200s way more than anything else I tried out this year.
    Launching higher and spinning more?


    Launch seems pretty consistent to what I was seeing but I think out on the course I am spinning them a lot more than I was in the fitting since the numbers were good there. They do seem to be just dropping out of the sky though and I really noticed it the other day when it was a bit windy. I tried 3 different shafts with the i20s and I really don't want to go through that again with these as that got a bit more expensive than I would've liked. I still plan on using these through the year to see if things even back out. The yardages are all very consistent through the set so it's not like it's really affecting my scores it just makes the gap between my 50 and pw a bit tighter and causes some distance loss at the top of the bag.
    Callaway GBB Epic 10.5°
    Callaway Apex Ut 18°
    Callaway Apex Pro CF16 3-PW
    Callaway MD3 50°&54°
    Callaway PM Grind 58°
    ODYSSEY O-Works Black #2M CS
  • bradleyguyebradleyguye Lefty Boomers Posts: 858 ✭✭
    I've hit these numerous times and every time I hit them i come away more and more impressed. Going to get fit on Monday.
  • ThunderfistThunderfist Posts: 108 ✭✭
    Played my first 18 with my set. Things clicked great yesterday. First the confidence I had stand over the ball looking down was huge. I hit some knock down but mostly dead straight and no weak faders which were becoming more frequent with my x2hot that I just switched from. Had a lot of blind uphill shots, new course. I'd find my line and swing,walk away with confidence that I hot my spot and 90% of the time I did. The feel is the best I've ever had. Didn't notice anything about the sounds. I got the 5-uw red dots w/ kbs tour s and these are firmly in the bag for the long haul.
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,705 ✭✭
    Curious to hear about UW vs. 50* Glide for gap wedge?! Reviews/experiences. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Bag under construction

    Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • Weston11Weston11 Posts: 169 ✭✭
    I've had the I200s in the bag since March and have logged in 30 or so round with them. I have been extremely impressed -- they are extremely forgiving, feel really soft/sold, and look great at address. Before the i200s I rotated back and forth between the Titleist 716 MBs and 714 AP2s. The trajectory is high, but the spin is fairly low so I haven't noticed much ballooning, and the distance control is significantly better than I expected.



    The feel, however, is really what has impressed me the most about these clubs. I've spent quite a bit of time doing both on-course and range testing, rotating between my 3 sets, and I honestly think they feel as soft as my MBs and AP2s on solid strikes.
    Driver: TS3 8.5 - Evenflow White 75 6.5
    Fairway: TS2 15 - Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 80
    Irons: '19 Apex Pro (4-9) - $-Taper 130x
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 51F, and 55S - DG TI S400 Onyx; '19 PM grind 60 - Hi Rev 2.0S 
    Putter: Byron Morgan 615
  • ChazbChazb Posts: 911 ✭✭
    I am hitting more greens than I ever had with the i200 and even though I might be hitting a iron more than I am used to I have adjusted to the difference.Its the results that matter and My scores have reflected that.
  • ICCICC Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I'm playing the best golf of my life right now. My ball striking is better that it ever has been. In large part to the i200's. I've never had so much control over the ball.
  • J-TizzleJ-Tizzle Hello Members Posts: 3,369 ✭✭
    Really interested to hear people say they didn't experience a huge drop off in forgiveness between the i200 and the G25. I currently game the G25 with C-Tapers in them and love the forgiveness, but the offset has started to wear on me some, plus it feels like I just can't be as precise with them. I hit a lot of greens to 30+ ft, which is nice, but just don't feel like I have the opportunity to be precise with them and really throw them in there tight.



    Thinking of maybe ordering some i200 5-w and powerspec the longer irons just to make sure I don't lose all my gapping from the G25s and get maybe the KBS Tour shafts in them since I'm sure I'll lose some launch compared to the G25/C Taper combos.
    M3 9.5* - Cobra LTD 14.5* - Cobra F6 Baffler 19.5*- Cobra Black SL 4-G - Gorge 2.0 56* (@ 55*), 60* - BG F22
  • Seeing this thread is not good when I have been mulling over the purchase all day. Really enjoyed the flight. Struggled to draw them, however the baby fade was a beautiful little baby.



    I just' don't think I am good enough to game these yet.



    I'm gonna have to stick with my Zing 2's for the time-being.
«13456713
Sign In or Register to comment.