Feedback Thread - Golf Stretch Device - THE "MISIG"

13»

Comments

• fly787fly787 Las Vegas, Nevada and EuropeMembers Posts: 123 ✭✭
    I bought one and it works as advertised. Set a calendar entry on your phone to remind you to use it and you will see the results.
    TM 2016 M2 9.5 757x
    TM 2016 M2 16.5 757x
    TM  P790 Recoil Shafts
    Honma  GW
    Callaway PM 56.13 SW
    Odessey Tank X7 with Flat Cat 
  • KC4441KC4441 ClubWRX Posts: 732 ClubWRX
    I had purchased one before the giveaway to help with back and shoulder issues from baseball and work. I try to use it twice a day, once with my morning workouts and once at night. I use it for on both my left and right arms to make sure both shoulders and hips get a good stretch in. I will say it has been a huge help in alleviating a lot of the tightness in my shoulders in particular. Some of my distance has come back as a result. I am already up to the heaviest band they send with it. I'm not sure if an even heavier one is possible but would give it a try if they did. Great product and I will continue to use it.
    M5

M5 3 wood

P790 3 iron

P760 4-9

TM MG 48, 50, 54, Hi Toe 58

MySpider
    TMAG Tour Preferred Locker
  • mspeedpikamspeedpika Members Posts: 1,058 ✭✭
    The Misig arrived this week, out of the box looks great, simple to use. Will give full review in next few days.
  • TWshoot67TWshoot67 TWShoot67 Members Posts: 2,694 ✭✭
    UPDATE:

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know my MISIG trainer, "feel the stretch" arrived last week, and I'll be able to put in some time with it this weekend. I am just getting over another skin cancer surgery (last Tuesday) had a good chuck removed from side of my cheek around eye so I was out of commision this past week. Hoping I should feel good enough to get back into hitting some balls and teeing it up real soon. As with everything in life timing is everything and this just happened to show up the two days before my surgery. I will get some pics up soon and give you all some details on how this device has worked fr me. I'm going to give this product a good run through starting this weekend for a good 30 days to see what improvements might be afforded me! Thanks again for giving me the chance to stretch out this 54 year old body!
    Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
    Cobra King LTD w/ Tour only Adila Pink graphics ATX65 R hard stepped
    Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
    TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
    Cobra S3 Pro's 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
    Cobra S3 Gap w/ Nippon 125 S
    Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
    Scotty Cameron 009 SSS 350 Tiffany or
    Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
    Recent Acquisition a Scotty 009 Beached BBC #13 of 50 made, hmm decisions
    Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
    WITB Link
  • TWshoot67TWshoot67 TWShoot67 Members Posts: 2,694 ✭✭
    edited Aug 19, 2018 #66
    Another update: Funny the 2week after getting over surgery and ready to get back into golf, I break my middle finger in 2 places and shatter the nail. So to say my game was put on hold is an understatement! Needless to say this summer hasn't been very productive from a golf standpoint. Hoping to try out this device this coming weekend as its been 3 weeks since I broke the finger and it's finally starting to feel a little better where I may able to finally swing a club and hit some shots!
    Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
    Cobra King LTD w/ Tour only Adila Pink graphics ATX65 R hard stepped
    Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
    TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
    Cobra S3 Pro's 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
    Cobra S3 Gap w/ Nippon 125 S
    Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
    Scotty Cameron 009 SSS 350 Tiffany or
    Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
    Recent Acquisition a Scotty 009 Beached BBC #13 of 50 made, hmm decisions
    Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
    WITB Link
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,943 ✭✭
    Just got a MISIG yesterday. Which of the bands is easier, harder etc ?

Driver: PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 14*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• DoubleAlbatrossDoubleAlbatross Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Orange is easiest. Check out the instructional video on their website.
  • puresurfrpuresurfr Members Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    Is this company still in business ???? I have contacted them like 3 times in regards to a faulty arm band and have not had any response, its been over a month, customer service really SUCKS at this place !!!!!!! And they could have included better directions as well as a better made product. The theory is sound but then they decided to try to make the product as inexpensive as possible, I would have gladly paid 2-3X the amount for a really well made product. This product seems aimed for the infomercial and late night TV crowd and Walmart specials.
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,943 ✭✭

Orange is easiest. Check out the instructional video on their website.

Is it different than the YouTube instructional video? YouTube version mentioned nothing about the bands in terms of easiest to hardest.

Driver: PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 14*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• boycer11boycer11 ClubWRX Posts: 3,462 ClubWRX
    I went to club champion yesterday. I gained about 4-5mph club speed since my last time there earlier this year. And I haven't been playing at all.

I will keep using it.
    Ping G400 max tensei orange pro
    Callaway epic flash sz 3 wood
    Ping g400 5 wd rogue black 7s
    ping g410 tensei hybrid
    Epon 705 5-aw limited black kbs flt matte black/Callaway Apex 2019 combo
    miura limited black tour 2018 54/58
    taylormade jdm itsy bitsy spider
    ping hoofer
    tp5x
  • DinosaurDinosaur Members Posts: 1,989 ✭✭
    edited Feb 25, 2019 11:55am #72
    Obvious thing that comes to mind is the easy way to DIY. Affix a stretch band to a "birdie ball". slip over your driver, attach the other end to your bicep. Heck, you can even get some result with nothing more than your driver, by simply allowing your loosely held trail hand to slide up during your backswing and hold. This creates stretch and tension.

I've done the same thing with my "Hacker Whacker". I read recently, where someone posted just using a length of small diameter PVC Pipe.

caveat...….This appears to be a good product for somebody who wants an effective device and doesn't have the inclination for DIY. I am a consummate "tinkerer" however, sometimes good, other times not. I WOULD consider purchasing the MISIG.
    "Non rinunciare mai quello
    che desideri...."
    Go with what you know!
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    I honestly have a hard time understanding how this thing is any different than just using an exercise band. I do the exact same stretch that the device promotes using an exercise band pretty much every day.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • DinosaurDinosaur Members Posts: 1,989 ✭✭

I honestly have a hard time understanding how this thing is any different than just using an exercise band. I do the exact same stretch that the device promotes using an exercise band pretty much every day.

it's called marketing.....as long as there are golfers seeking what ails them, there will be entrepeneurs exploiting that aspect of human nature. Golf seems to be a unique sport in that there is always hope that "just maybe" this is what I need. I don't know, but it seems not to be present in other physical sports. You don't see many men in their seventies fretting over how to swing a basball bat or throw a football. Just about anybody with a video camera and a reasonable vocabulary can become a "guru".
    "Non rinunciare mai quello
    che desideri...."
    Go with what you know!