BPWWNWAM

CasualLie

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best player who will never win a major..

"Mr. Top10" Kuchar...sorry, you are a d*mn good player, but no chance you win a major. You just don't have that killer instinct.

But I hear you are good at tennis...so there's that.

Totally agree. Guy's just like Sergio, Just doesn't have what it takes to win one.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Sat at the first tee at the Valspar close enough to hear the pros chatting with each other, the officials walking with them, and their guests who were all military members.

Every single one of the pros were nice to their guests. Shook hands, thanked them for their service, and told them glad to have them along.

But Matt Kuchar went WAY above this.

"Hi fellas. I'm Matt. Great to have you along with us today and hey, thanks for your service. What's your name? (guest stated name) Awesome! Great to meet you. How about you, what's your name? (Again guest stated name) Just relax and have a blast today guys. It's gonna be fun!"

This is almost verbatim - I was SO impressed with the genuine nature of his introduction to those two (very) young members of our Armed Forces. Smiling ear-to-ear the whole time.

So I decided to follow their group. And Matt made birdie on #1 - awesome shot in to a couple of feet and solid putt. As he walked off he high fived both of the guests. Still smiling. Still being Matt.

My point?

Simple. Even if Matt Kuchar never wins a major tourney he's still a major winner.

And I, for one, believe he's got the game and all - and will only be a matter of time before he wins a major tourney. In the meantime I have nothing but respect for him as a player and as a person. On that note I am a little taken aback that someone would choose him as a player destined to never win a major. In the big scheme of things, just in my opinion, there are FAR more important things to measure the tour pros by than whether or not they won a major. And since he won The Players, widely accepted as "The fifth major", I really don't see how he could be added to such a list.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I wonder how many past major winners had the criticism "he'll never win a major" lobbed their way? Judging Kucher by today's performance is simply wrong--as someone said earlier, he didn't blow this opportunity, he was flat outplayed by a rather inspiring and inspired opponent.

Given his skills, experience, and personality, I see no reason why he cannot win a major golf tournament in the future.

Come on...He missed three putts early he has to make. He gets two of those he sends a different message to Spieth. But Spieth never felt like he was out of it when looking over at Kuchar.

Westwood...He still might get lucky at an Open

You can play that shoulda/coulda/woulda game several different ways. You could also say that Speith missed three early putts that he has to make, sending a different message to Kuchar.

I think that the first drive got in Spieth's head and he got rattled. I then think he started playing 'not to lose' instead of paying to win. Playing not to lose its almost never a good strategy. When Kuchar took the lead on 13 it seemed that Speith started playing to win again, and took the title away from Kuchar. Matt didn't give it to him.

I agree that Kuchar probably doesn't have the killer instinct that Speith has. He's not wired that way, it seems. He is, however, a very good golfer and a great ambassador for the game. I hope that you are wrong about him never winning a major championship.

If winning was easy, losers would do it.

His b st chance is a US Open on an old school course like Merion

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Kuch didn't lose this tournament. He was just flat out beat. So why are you bagging on him? I think at some point he will win. He just wasn't as hot as J.S. this week.

They both shot 1 under today, Jordan started 3 ahead, I wouldn't say Kuch was flat out beat today. You can't be in the final group, start 3 behind, shoot 1 under and expect to win.

My take is Kuch lost it more than Jordan won it based on today's round....

Some of you are missing the point. It's simply he doesn't have that killer instinct to close out a major. Butch Harmon practically said it all day today. It doesn't mean he's not nice, he is. It doesn't mean he's not classy, might be the classiest in tour. He's got a ton of game, great putter, etc...But where's that seize the moment gear when you need it most?

Everyone was giving the title to Spieth before the round started. Everyone on TV saying no conceivable scenario Speith loses? Why? Because weather was good, no one expects Spieth to fold, and one sees Kuchar posting 62 (this especially). But Spieth started spraying shots, uncharacteristically missed a couple of short ones, really opened the door but at no time did it look like Kuchar was in control and would seize it.

That's all.

Some of you are missing the point. It's simply he doesn't have that killer instinct to close out a major. Butch Harmon practically said it all day today. It doesn't mean he's not nice, he is. It doesn't mean he's not classy, might be the classiest in tour. He's got a ton of game, great putter, etc...But where's that seize the moment gear when you need it most?

Everyone was giving the title to Spieth before the round started. Everyone on TV saying no conceivable scenario Speith loses? Why? Because weather was good, no one expects Spieth to fold, and one sees Kuchar posting 62 (this especially). But Spieth started spraying shots, uncharacteristically missed a couple of short ones, really opened the door but at no time did it look like Kuchar was in control and would seize it.

That's all.

Then how did he manage any wins on the tour if he isn't a closer with a killer instinct? Luck???

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Kuch didn't lose this tournament. He was just flat out beat. So why are you bagging on him? I think at some point he will win. He just wasn't as hot as J.S. this week.

They both shot 1 under today, Jordan started 3 ahead, I wouldn't say Kuch was flat out beat today. You can't be in the final group, start 3 behind, shoot 1 under and expect to win.

but Kuchar took the lead and then played the next four holes 2 under par. that's pretty good normally. it's just that he lost three strokes to Spieth in those four holes.

but Kuchar took the lead and then played the next four holes 2 under par. that's pretty good normally. it's just that he lost three strokes to Spieth in those four holes.

Your reply is DEAD on!

Matt didn't lose. Jordan won. Big difference.

Matt's best today didn't match Jordan's. But he still took second alone, no small feat, and forced Jordan to buckle down in order to prevent another Masters meltdown.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Kuch had at least 3 or 4 putts that could have rolled in, just burned the edge. He played great, but when your up against a guy that drains a 48 footer for eagle and then almost jars the next hole for an ace and then puts his birdie on top of his............well, it just wasn't in the cards as they say. I think Kuch comes away from this with a lot more going for him then folks think. The PGA should be his best chance at a major, because of his run at the Open.

***Note for the golf gods...........say it with me..........Koooooooooooooooch!***

Colin Montgomerie thanks you for your service

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Kuchar is the next stricker.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Stricker hasn't played a full PGA Tour season in 5 years and is still ranked top 75 in the world.

If Kuchar is 50 years old like Stricker and can literally play the 12 events he wants to each year and keep his card, id say that's pretty damn good.

How could you lose something that you never had?

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

Not a take I've seen or agree with. If you play 4 holes at -2 but lose three shots, I think you have to give the other guy a lot of credit.

Taylor Made M2 9.5* Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6
Taylor Made M2 Tour 15* Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7
Titleist 913H 19* Diamana White Board
Taylor Made P760 4-P X100
Ping Glide 52
Vokey SM5 56 & 60
Cameron IBBF Laguna 2.5