***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

New Matrix Maru shafts: 2017 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational

GolfWRX ·  
GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals  9128WRX Points: 697Posts: 9,128 Marshals
824a1769290004ab4a65873b238ae1c5.jpgd9b49ab4e2d5e0a4865cd54b6e4bc855.jpgfff838e5a9a4a60f7fff071e79b42cf2.jpg5a80c8461c44abd08260f26f9b7d3720.jpg2cb6e1f9c0cd990c1a5e3469e6bcf654.jpge7a7158eb3a8b2870ea7c066f0a0cd19.jpg9eb07e76bd05853644f499819adeb7fe.jpg
Posted:

Comments

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members  9791WRX Points: 1,674Posts: 9,791 Titanium Tees
    What model of shafts is this replacing? It can't be the Tie series can it?
    Posted:
    D - SIM Max 9* Ventus Black 6x
    4w - SIM Ti Diamana B 80x
    5w - Speedzone FX 2.0 380 or Speedzone 4i Modus 105x
    Irons - P760 4-PW | Modus 120x
    Glide 3.0 50/54/58 S400 Tour Issue
    Spider X or Huntington Beach #1 or Toulon San Diego
    Ball - BXS

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX  3588WRX Points: 163Posts: 3,588 ClubWRX
    Maru means "round" or "circle"<br />
    <br />
    Very indicative that this shaft is going to have a circular diameter.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Accra Tour Z RPG 462 M5+
    Taylormade M2 15* Deep Face w/ KuroKage DC XT70TX
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i w/ HZRDUS HC Black 6.5
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-PW w/ DG TI X100
    Taylormade MG2 50/54/58 w/ DG TI S400
    Taylormade Spider X Chalk White
    Nike Prodigy Staff Bag
  • ETERNAL06ETERNAL06 Members  515WRX Points: 87Posts: 515 Golden Tee
    Bring back the rain graphics. **** it Matrix Ozik.
    Posted:
    Cobra F7 11.5' Driver, Matrix Ozik TP-6 S
    Cobra Fly Z XL 15' & 18' Fairway Woods with Matrix Ozik White Tie S
    Miura Neo 9005G Irons, 5-PW, Project X LZ 5.0
    Miura Y & C Grind Wedges 51, 55 & 59. Project X LZ 5.0
    Miura KM-009 Putter
  • GMR2ironGMR2iron Members  1616WRX Points: 162Posts: 1,616 Platinum Tees
    Z1ggy16 wrote:
    <br />
    What model of shafts is this replacing? It can't be the Tie series can it?<br />
    Thats what I would like to know. Sure seems like the Red Maru could challenge my Black Tie.....
    Posted:
    Titleist TS4 9.75 HZRDUS Smoke 
    Titleist 915F 15.5 HZRDUS Smoke
    Titleist 718CB 3 thru PW
    Titleist SM7 50-08, 56-08, 60-04
    Yes! Tracy
  • getair23getair23 Members  2357WRX Points: 438Posts: 2,357 Platinum Tees
    It doesn't make too much sense to replace the Tie series. I would also love to put the red up against the Black Tie.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
    Cobra F6 Baffler Elements Chrome 70-x
    Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
    Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
    Callaway PM Grind 64*
    SC Studio Design no. 2
    Pro V1
  • eddiebigeddieeddiebigeddie Members  2026WRX Points: 165Handicap: 11.4Posts: 2,026 Platinum Tees
    I'm really interested in the Blue or green just off the colors, but would like to know more
    Posted:
    DriverPXG Proto 0811x (9) / Aldila Rogue White 130 m.s.i. 60s or Project X Evenflow Riptide CB 50 (6.0)
    Fairway:  Taylormade Rocketballz 3w (15) / Matrix Xcon 5s
    Utility:  Srixon U45 (20) / Recoil 110 F4
    Irons:  Cleveland UHX (5, 6) / Project X LZ 120 (6.0)
    Irons:  Srixon Z565 (7 - Aw) / Project X LZ 120 (6.0)
    Wedge:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore (54/12) / Nippon Modus 115w
    Wedge:  Cleveland CBX Fullface (60/10) / Nippon Modus 115w
    Putter:  Odyssey Metal X Milled Versa #9Ht (Custom)
    Ball:  Srixon Z Star Xv (Yellow)
    Bag
    :
      Bennington LQO-9

Grint:  eddiebigeddie

Advertisement
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX  3588WRX Points: 163Posts: 3,588 ClubWRX
    My guess is a SpeedRulz replacement.<br />
    <br />
    Shaft graphics say "Speed ???? ???? Technology"
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Accra Tour Z RPG 462 M5+
    Taylormade M2 15* Deep Face w/ KuroKage DC XT70TX
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i w/ HZRDUS HC Black 6.5
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-PW w/ DG TI X100
    Taylormade MG2 50/54/58 w/ DG TI S400
    Taylormade Spider X Chalk White
    Nike Prodigy Staff Bag
  • BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees
    Bomber_11 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Shaft graphics say "Speed ???? ???? Technology"<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Speed Rulz Type C 70X was a great shaft for me the last two seasons. I held on to it. Super smooth for a low/low.<br />
    <br />
    Might be interested in this new series too
    Posted:

• ignitewvuignitewvu Members  2336WRX Points: 286Posts: 2,336 Platinum Tees
    BearQ wrote:
    <br />
    Bomber_11 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Shaft graphics say "Speed ???? ???? Technology"<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Speed Rulz Type C 70X was a great shaft for me the last two seasons. I held on to it. Super smooth for a low/low.<br />
    <br />
    Might be interested in this new series too<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The whole Speed Rul Z Series was SUPER slept on!!!<br />
    <br />
    The C-Type 60 was a world class shaft that can be had for like 75 Bucks now.<br />
    The B-Type 70 is a great fairway shaft that is slightly counter balanced.<br />
    <br />
    I know Matrix has thrown out some Dud's over the past 3 years but the Speed Rul Z series was great!!!
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    SIM MAX10.5 (Set to 9.75U) Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff
    M5 15 3 Wood Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff
    Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
    M1 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
    Taylormade MG 52 S300
    Taylormade MG2 56/8 KBS HiRev 125
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60/10 KBS HiRev 115
    Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• GolfspinnerGolfspinner Members  51WRX Points: 0Handicap: +2Posts: 51
    I just got some of these in. Matrix Maru in 60X and 70X. They look amazing.
    Posted:
  • eddiebigeddieeddiebigeddie Members  2026WRX Points: 165Handicap: 11.4Posts: 2,026 Platinum Tees
    From Pgatour.com<br />
    <br />
    The new "Maru" lineup consists of three mid-launching and mid-spinning profiles that are designed to optimize performance unique to every swing.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    AKRON, Ohio — Matrix's newest shaft offering made its TOUR debut at the World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational. The new "Maru" lineup consists of three mid-launching and mid-spinning profiles that are designed to optimize feel and performance based on swing type and speed.<br />
    Each shaft utilizes the company's Gradient Energy Flow (GEF) technology to produce "Tour-type" trajectory and improve ball speed. The GEF also helps enhance stability in the mid-section, which in turn transfers more power directly to the club head at impact.<br />
    According to Matrix, the Maru Green has the softest butt and tip section in the lineup. The active tip section makes it easier to get the ball in the air without sacrificing control. The shaft is built for players with a smooth swing.<br />
    Maru Blue, which replaces Matrix Speed Rulz B-Type, has a stiffer butt section and responsive tip section that creates a balanced EI profile. The shaft is geared for the stronger golfer with a faster release who needs extra stability but doesn't want to sacrifice feel.<br />
    The final shaft in the lineup, Maru Red, will replace Speed Rulz C-Type and features an extra-stiff butt and tip section. The Red profile is made for high-swing speed players that "heavily load the shaft, and prefer a firm, controlled fee."
    Posted:
    DriverPXG Proto 0811x (9) / Aldila Rogue White 130 m.s.i. 60s or Project X Evenflow Riptide CB 50 (6.0)
    Fairway:  Taylormade Rocketballz 3w (15) / Matrix Xcon 5s
    Utility:  Srixon U45 (20) / Recoil 110 F4
    Irons:  Cleveland UHX (5, 6) / Project X LZ 120 (6.0)
    Irons:  Srixon Z565 (7 - Aw) / Project X LZ 120 (6.0)
    Wedge:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore (54/12) / Nippon Modus 115w
    Wedge:  Cleveland CBX Fullface (60/10) / Nippon Modus 115w
    Putter:  Odyssey Metal X Milled Versa #9Ht (Custom)
    Ball:  Srixon Z Star Xv (Yellow)
    Bag
    :
      Bennington LQO-9

Grint:  eddiebigeddie

Advertisement
  • dan250ydsdan250yds Mayor9312 MichiganMembers  539WRX Points: 69Handicap: 2.9Posts: 539 Golden Tee
    Is it just me or does the mask graphic look pretty awesome? I love it
    Posted:
    Driver: Cally FT Tour 9.5 Deg // Fubuki J 60g X flex
    3 Wood: Titleist 909F3 15 Deg // Fubuki K 80g X flex
    Hybird: TM R15 19 Deg // Fuji TS 9.8 X Flex
    Irons: TM MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
    Wedges: Cally X Jaws CC 52*, MD2 56* & 60* // KBS Wedge X Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo
    Bag: Titelst StaDry
  • BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    From Pgatour.com<br />
    <br />
    The new "Maru" lineup consists of three mid-launching and mid-spinning profiles that are designed to optimize performance unique to every swing.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    AKRON, Ohio — Matrix's newest shaft offering made its TOUR debut at the World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational. The new "Maru" lineup consists of three mid-launching and mid-spinning profiles that are designed to optimize feel and performance based on swing type and speed.<br />
    Each shaft utilizes the company's Gradient Energy Flow (GEF) technology to produce "Tour-type" trajectory and improve ball speed. The GEF also helps enhance stability in the mid-section, which in turn transfers more power directly to the club head at impact.<br />
    According to Matrix, the Maru Green has the softest butt and tip section in the lineup. The active tip section makes it easier to get the ball in the air without sacrificing control. The shaft is built for players with a smooth swing.<br />
    Maru Blue, which replaces Matrix Speed Rulz B-Type, has a stiffer butt section and responsive tip section that creates a balanced EI profile. The shaft is geared for the stronger golfer with a faster release who needs extra stability but doesn't want to sacrifice feel.<br />
    The final shaft in the lineup, Maru Red, will replace Speed Rulz C-Type and features an extra-stiff butt and tip section. The Red profile is made for high-swing speed players that "heavily load the shaft, and prefer a firm, controlled fee."<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Hmm interesting. The Maru Red replacing Type C --- I played Type C 70X, the butt end was definitely not extra-stiff but the tip was. Regardless the middle was softer than the rebar low/low shafts it battles against, definitely felt that shaft kick. <br />
    <br />
    I've emailed Matrix a few times with no response. I might have to give them a call to clarify this.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.