Shot Scope V2 - GPS Watch with Tracking

12345679»

Comments

• WdotDynamiteWdotDynamite Members Posts: 44 ✭✭

I'm planning on buying one. Thanks for the promo

• northgolfnorthgolf Pork Members Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just pulled the trigger on this. The promo price is on Amazon as well. I get it Friday and should be good to go for my Sunday game. I am excited.

I tried game golf, but the tragging was a pain, the putt tracking a pain, and editing rounds was torture. I tried myroundpro with ms band but it missed lots of shots and I could never get Taylomade to properly map my course (the 17th hole was mapped for both the 15th and 17th hole). Useless.

I so hope this is good.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

I will get out and play with my shot scope tomorrow.
    The software interface design for the mobile and desktop app is pathetic - lots of extra actions, unintuitive choices, and modal behavior. Setting up my bag by adding a club and then dragging it to a tag instead of just adding the club to the tag is an example of unnecessary action (not to mention the stupid rigmarole you go through just to add the club). I deeply hope round editing is better than Game Golf back when I had it (deeply slow and painful), but some how I have little hope.

Well, I played my first round with the shot scope v2 yesterday. It is a world better than MS band and Game Golf.

It took a bit longer to start up and find the course than I liked, but it wasn't intolerably long. The user experience is great - just play and try to remember to pin collect on every hole. Pretty much as simple as it can be. One problem I found was it missed a few shots (a half wedge into the green on #2, a short chip out of deep rough on #4, a putt from off the green on #8, a 3W on #10 - really no rhyme or reason to why it missed shots). When I finished the the round (4 hrs, 26 minutes according to shotscope), it was at 40%. No way this would ever make two 4 hour rounds, but having young kids means the days of playing 36 are long gone.

Post round editing was way easier (once I got the hang of it) than on both Game Golf and TaylorMade myroundpro. Thumbs up there. Once I get in the habit of doing pin collect every hole, there also will be much less editing than I needed to do on both those as well.

I am a little underwhelmed by the stats it generates, but I really don't have enough data in - I'll reserve judgement until I have 20 or so rounds in. I am going to see if I can get them to create a way to download your personal data.

Overall, I have to give the shotscope v2 a thumbs up. 4 stars.

Hmmm, the shot scope faq suggests it misses strokes when you don't take a practice swing. I'll have to try that.

So, I made a point of taking practice swings. It missed more holes than the first time.

• MychMych Members Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 13, 2019 6:07pm #248

3 rounds in, so far so good with mine. I haven't had any issues with missed shots. There has been a little adjustment with my playing group. They give me weird looks when I lag to "gimme" range and they tap the ball back, then I still walk to the flag for pincollect. Not a big deal, they just tap my ball to the side and let me walk up to it now.
    I was trying to get by without using the "positional" marking, but I've realized that I use my hybrid as a "get out of trouble" club. My average distance is way off because of 50 yard punch/runner type shots.

My only major complaint is that I can't view my score during the round in GPS+tracking mode. I don't want to keep an actual scorecard, and I'd like to be able to see my score at the turn but I haven't found a way of viewing my score other than syncing to my phone at the end of the round. Even if I could scroll through hole-by-hole and see how many strokes it recorded, I'd be able to quickly add it up. Or give me a running "+5" total somewhere so I know where I am with relation to par. It's pretty bizarre that there is no indication of score on the watch during play. That seems like it would be a basic feature of any shot tracker with a display. It's like having a step counter that doesn't tell you the number of steps until you finish running.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier

I am beginning to think I got a bum unit. Support is working with me.

Shotscope support is replacing my watch. We will see how it goes. I have to say that support has been very responsive - I receive replies the day I post a question or the next day at latest.

• macedanmacedan Members Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody had any problems with stat tracking the past few days? I played a full 18 with tracking and know I did because the pin collect feature came up through the 18th hole, but when I synced it only recorded the front 9 and the last two holes on the front 9 showed clubs I never used on the hole from spots I didn't even get close to. I had to edit for like 20 minutes after I finished because of those and the fact that it missed the entire back 9.

Ping G400 10*
    Mizuno ST180 3W 16*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 5W 18*
    Ping G Crossover 21*
    Taylormade Rocketbladez (5-PW)
    Cleveland CBX 50/11
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54/10
    Cleveland RTX-3 58/9
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Ball: K-Sig
    Bag: Pushcart - Maxfli Honors Carry - Taylormade Flextech Lite 
    Cart: TGW Players