Grafalloy Axis

G.Review ·  
G.ReviewG.Review  533WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 533
What is Axis?
  • The most sophisticated, high-performance graphite shaft ever developed.
  • The most complex, intricately designed shaft ever created.
  • The most tested shaft in the history of golf.
  • The LONGEST shaft ever introduced by Grafalloy!

What Makes It Better?
  • Fiber oriented along multiple axes promotes improved shaft “hoop” stiffness and flex consistency at each point along the shaft
  • Improved hoop stiffness insures maximum integrity of shaft response during the downswing
  • A multi-directional pre-preg (weave) is the standard method of achieving this performance benefit
  • This is an inferior method of achieving hoop consistency because as carbon fibers move as little as 10° off their intended axis their strength properties are reduced by as much as 40%

Smart-Ply™ Technology
  • Smart-Ply™ technology preserves 100% of the carbon fiber properties by incorporating only unidirectional, low FAW, high-modulus fiber.
  • These unidirectional fibers are then strategically placed in multiple axes along the full length of the shaft resulting in unequalled design consistency and material integrity / performance.
  • Grafalloy’s proprietary System 9 design model computes over 40,000 calculations per shaft ensuring unparalleled accuracy in material placement and lay-up.

Posted:

Comments

• Brando5105Brando5105 Putter Hoe  2216WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 2,216
    Tiger won the 2006 Buick Invitational with a Grafalloy Axis shaft in his driver.... But it was painted a bit

I just put one in my driver and all I can say is wow!!! One of the smothest shafts I have ever hit. It lowered my spin numbers and has a great boring trajectory.

I might want to pick up a few if I can
    Posted:
    Cobra Bio Cell + 661 speeder
    Big Bertha 3w Fuji 8.3TS X
    Apex Pro 2-PW C-Tapper X
    Satori wedges
    Machine M20
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • crew_138crew_138  1337WRX Points: 0Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,337
    Played my first round with this today in a Cleveland comp today and was totally impressed. I had puchased an Axis shaft along time ago, but never put it anything so I sold it... dumb. I went to the BST and baught this combo and didn't have too high of expectations, I knew the comp is good because I have one with a 757 in it already.

I normally play an X-stiff and the driver with the axis was a stiff, so was hoping it felt 'right' since I have heard the Axis plays very stiff to flex.

I would say the Axis plays between a stiff and a X from my experience and thought it was perfect.

The thing about this shaft is it takes off so much spin... good for the high spin players. It really is a good shaft... just boring through the air... I was hitting really long drives into the wind and impressing myself.

I really couldn't be happier with this shaft, I thought it played like a played like a blueboard but more active if that makes any sense.

Give it a shot.... I just may get another for some experementing with a fairwaywood.

-Crew
    Posted:
  • HumberGolf  HumberGolf  295WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 295
    Hands down the best shaft on the market...what oziks?
    Posted:
  • caligolfercaligolfer  72WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 72
    Its pretty amazing, but the X might play a bit too stiff for me. I love the way that it knocks the spin off, but it might fly too low for my specs to mazimize it. The odd-time that I hit it right, and the shaft really kicked through, it was an extra 20 yards, easy. Highly recommend it, just make sure you find the right flex.
    Posted:
  • ccorradaccorrada Double C Richmond, VA 1495WRX Points: 124Handicap: 2Members Posts: 1,495
    I just put a 75x in a Cleveland XLS 9.5 and all I can say is wowza! great "feeling" shaft. you can really feel it kick at impact. High flat trajectory. this is an older shaft and can be picked up for a song, go get one!

chris
    Posted:
    Cally Rogue Sub Zero w/Evenflow 6.5
    Cally DET 15* w/Motore F3 80X
    Cally Apex Hybrid 18* w/Aldila Tour Green 80X
    Cally Apex Forged 4-PW w/TIS400 
    Ping Glide Stealth 50-54-58 w/S400
    Ping Arna Stealth 
  • BackNine29BackNine29 BackNine29 Pacific Northwest, USA 386WRX Points: 66Handicap: 3.0Members Posts: 386
    I'm a 55 yr. old, 2.0 hdcp with a fairly high ball flight.

Picked up a used Adams Speedline 9.5* driver with the Axis Blue in 60S.

Wow. Smoothest, best feeling shaft I have ever hit.

Was concerned with the high launch spec, but it's not a problem at all.

The shaft is going in my 3 wood ASAP!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.