Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum

ProLaunch Platinum

• Mid ball flight counterpart to the original ProLaunch and ProLaunch Red.
  • Built using the fusion of Launch Monitor tuned technology found in the original ProLaunch, as well as the revolutionary Smart-Ply construction found in the Axis shaft. The combination of these technologies results in our longest, straightest composite shaft ever.
  • Proprietary Micro-Mesh tip technology provides lower torque for greater stability while offering superior feel at impact compared to other low trajectory, tip-stiff composite shaft designs

Smart-Ply™ Technology

• Smart-Ply™ technology preserves 100% of the carbon fiber properties by incorporating only unidirectional, low FAW, high-modulus fiber.
  • These unidirectional fibers are then strategically placed in multiple axes along the full length of the shaft resulting in unequalled design consistency and material integrity / performance.
  • Grafalloy’s proprietary System 9 design model computes over 40,000 calculations per shaft ensuring unparalleled accuracy in material placement and lay-up.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have one in a r7 425 head D6 sw at 45" stiff flex 63 grams. smooth feeling easy to launch higher then the red mid high trajectory although with the weights set at high neutral I can hit a higher ball. ball flight straight to a slight fade for me. really like this shaft, on the flex I am right on the line between r/s I chose stiff for a little more control. I have another driver coming with a regular flex to see how that works. once I decide which flex works best for me I'll be ordering a G10 with this shaft.

previous driver shafts that I have been using were the v2 and I think the platinum feels much better and gives me better results.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I also went from a V2 (reg flex) to a Platinum (stiff flex) in the driver. I liked the shaft and could hit it okay but I'm a swinger and in the end it was just a little too stiff. I got another Platinum in reg flex and have put it in my 3 metal. Haven't hit it yet, but if its anything like the last one it should be smooth.

• 3 months later...

Anyone with direct comparison to original Grafalloy Blue? My current setup Mizuno MP001 400cc 9* w/Grafalloy Blue S. Subject to occasional push or smother.

Just demo'd Mizuno MP600 460cc 10.5* w/GRAFALLOY PRO PLATINUM S. :yahoo: Much easier to crush with no effort. Tried same head with stock Fuji and was all over the place. May go back and buy the first demo!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I currently have Prolaunch Platinum Stiff with my MP600 driver. Smoother feeling than prolaunch red but slightly higher launch. I have both Red and Platinum on different driver heads. I don't know why but I get better results from Grafalloy shafts than any other premium shafts in the market.

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

Anyone with direct comparison to original Grafalloy Blue? My current setup Mizuno MP001 400cc 9* w/Grafalloy Blue S. Subject to occasional push or smother.

Just demo'd Mizuno MP600 460cc 10.5* w/GRAFALLOY PRO PLATINUM S. :yahoo: Much easier to crush with no effort. Tried same head with stock Fuji and was all over the place. May go back and buy the first demo!

There are a couple of driver head/shaft combos out there for you to try before you pull the trigger.

Be patient.

• 1 month later...

I put a 75 stiff in my burner TP after hitting a FT5 with the platinum on a machine last year. I can honestly say that this combo is a cannon. I try different shafts and heads, but nothing has yet to touch this combo. I play an 8.5 head and have no trouble getting the ball up or knocking it down, it does just what it says, mid-launch. I plan to put one in a Launcher Comp and see what happens. Really smooth shaft.

TM R9 SuperTri TP 8.5° FujiMotoreF1-S
Ping Isi 3W 15°
Adams Super 17° Voodooo S
Ping i20 4-PW CFS-X
TM TP-Y 52°, Nike Vr 56° 60°
Yes! Madison 34" SS Flatso

• 2 months later...

Last year I played the Platinum 65 in my Nickent 4dx Tour Spec. I was pretty happy with it. Good distance, but if I had a miss it was to the left. Tried a couple other shafts since then, By You, V2, Comp NT. Found a 75 gr Platinum stiff flex on the bay for $39.00 new and uncut. I thought what the heck, maybe a littler heavier shaft would would help my tempo. I am now really glad I did. I still hit it about the same distance but I don't miss the fairway anymore.

I don't plan on changing the shaft out any time soon.

Wishon 919 THI 9* Talamonti PD 70X
Wishon 949 MC 14* Talamonti PD 80X
Taylormade 2011 18 Rescue NVS 90x Hybrid
Wishon 575MMC 3-PW GD X100 SSX1
Titleist SM4 52 amd 56* GD wedge flex
Never Compormise GM2 Exchange #5
WITB Link

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW I just put a PL Platinum 75 S into my "extra" Ping G10 7.5 deg. My Current gamer is the G10 7.5 deg w/ a Diamana Blue 83 S from Ping WRX. My extra head has had various other shafts in it to test against the Diamana setup, the last being my old reliable NV 75 S. Resluts so far after 27 holes are pretty encouraging. The Platinum does what is says it does, mid-high launch, Cuts down on the spin quite a bit, less boardy feel than the PL Red, and a much tirmer/tighter feel than the PL Blue. I have generally found in the past that any shaft that is designed to be higher launching to be a non starter for me as I already launch it high enough, and I fight too much spin to a point. Thus lower to mid lauch shafts, along with heavier weighted shafts have usually been what has worked best for my needs. I get a nicely flattened ball flight out of the Platinum which is ideal, means the spin is close to where it needs to be to "max" me out, and the slightly higher launch works out fine with the spin kept down. Feels plenty firm to flex, mostly eliminating the left side miss for the most part. can hit a little draw with it when needed, but the default ball flight I am getting is a straight. My misses with it to the right were all operator error. Seeing these for ~$70-75 right now and if it fits your needs is a great value in the performance for the $$$. Some of us can't afford Diamana WB and this might be a reasonable substitute.

My 2 cents, hope it helps.

Dan

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with Dan above. I put one in a G5 and had a similar experience. Very stable/solid through impact and definitely knocked quite a bit of spin off the ball.

It's definitely pretty hard to beat now that you can get them under $80.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Popped a 75 X-flex Platinum (ss 105-107 with BB) in my 909D2 which had the stock Blueboard in Stiff. My numbers with the stock blueboard were decent, but I have a relatively low launch angle and my consistency was all over the place. I took a look at the Titleist fitting diagram and saw the Platinum was up there.

I needed a mid-high launching shaft and I debated strongly between a Redboard and this. When I found one for $10+ shipping from Dallas Golf I had to pull the trigger. My average carry distance and consistency over the past 36 holes increased by a noticeable amount. It was nice to safely go at some par 5 fairway bunkers at 250 yds rather than laying up with a long iron/hybrid, rolling a 3 wood into the bunker or unsuccessfully shaping a driver around a tree on some dog legs.

I feel I may look for an even higher launching shaft in the future, but for now I'm happy and will continue to try to get a more upward angle of attack.

• 2 weeks later...

I put a 75x in my R9 driver and have really been pleased. I can swing aggressively and not worry about going left, as well as shorten my swing and still feel the shaft release through impact. Feel is a firm, yet nowhere near boardy. Comparable to the stock Fubuki 73s that I'd used before, but feels stiffer in the tip. Ball flight ended up being a little lower than the Fubuki. Near impossible to argue with the value of this shaft - I picked it up new and uncut for under $20 shipped.

• 5 weeks later...

Just posted in the Pro Launch Blue thread about how great the Platinum is and how poor the original Blue was for me. Shaft Lab fitting 2yrs ago said I definitely needed an X flex. I have found that active tip shafts are really dicey for me but the axis weave (which was on the original one also) really fits the bill. My Platinum X flex is a 75g model and it's GREAT!!!! The Platinum axis ply really seems to control oval-ling, and it also gives the shaft much better consistency with its load/unloading characteristics. The Platinum finally gives me a shaft that I can miss with and still be in the fairway!!!!

As far as the original Blue I have to say that I no longer care for it because of its' inconsistency with the release of the tip. When I slowed down I would only get a high hook and when I went to 80% or more then it would be anything from a hook to a slice! Instantly with the Platinum I was hitting everything straight, 10-15yrds longer than even my Fubuki (which was 15yrds longer than the Blue), and really calmed down my miss to the left. Regarding the Fubuki, I will probably keep it as a spare for emergencies but I don't see it ever going back in apart from that, the Platinum is that good. The Fubuki is consistent in how the tip unloads, with the tip increasing or decreasing its rate according to swing speed it seems. Of course this was the problem as I couldn't go after it because the high draw to high hook would become a low duck hook. If the Blue is a 2 then the Fubuki is a 3.5 because it is more consistent in its characteristics (direction, launch, and distance). Right now the Platinum is a 5 but if I found something a little better in distance then it would move down to a 4.75, lol!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I put 1 in my back up Titleist 909D2 which had a whimpy(IMO) Graphite Design shaft in it that I hooked all over the yard. I felt almost no control with it, lost the clubhead in my backswing etc...I am seriously contemplating putting this shaft in my Srixon and butt trimming it 1-1.5" and maybe tip trimming it .5" so it plays a bit stiffer, great shaft for the $$, can be found new on Ebay for under 30$. As good as there is pre-2014 for a control shaft that still has some distance in it.