2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Whiteboard

Diamana WhiteBoard

FOR THE PLAYER WHO REQUIRES THE EXTREME STABILITY PROVIDED BY A LOW TORQUE STIFF TIP AND MID SECTION SHAFT

Diamana White Board features a stiff tip and mid-section, combined with a softer butt-section. This stiff tip and mid-section design delivers extreme stability through impact and reduced spin, while the softer butt section provides ultimate feel. White Board players are looking to maximize the low torque, low spin characteristic of this profile.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've had way too many drivers to attempt to list here so I won't even start. However, I've just put a whiteboard in an Alpha C830.2 and it is the longest, straighest thing I have ever hit.

I always seemed to spin other drivers (Cleveland, Titleist, Callaway, TM, etc) too much and the ball would just drop from the sky. I could carry it a ways, but it was never close to "ideal".

I'm not sure if it's the Alpha head, the whiteboard, or the combo of the two, but it's going to be a LOOOONG time before this gets the boot out of the bag.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

• 1 month later...

Well I am debating getting this shaft although i havnt tested all the dianama shafts yet (plan on it)

I have a swing speed around 110-115, Good drive usually 260-280 but my problem has always been high ball flight and the ball seems like its going easly over 300 yards but suddenly just drops out of the sky, lands and then gets a small to no roll, I assume this is to much spin. Some would say your hitting 260-280 why change, well the high ball flight is a killer in the wind and even when its not windy I want to reach my peek as a golfer, so if that 260-280 can turn into 280-300+ avg id be estactic.

Does this sound like I need this shaft?

I too have a high swing speed (around 118-122), The diamana White or Blue board should be fine. Definately in a 73g or 83g X-flex. My personaly pref. Blue ????? but i assume white is just as good. I average about 310-315 yards (on the fly!!!) using a Callaway Ft-5 9.5 tour, X-Flex blueboard and still after the 310 getting another 30-40 yards of roll! Rediculous and a must for a golfer with that high of a swing speed.

GET ONE

GET ONE

GET ONE

You'll never turn back!!! :friends:

Well I am debating getting this shaft although i havnt tested all the dianama shafts yet (plan on it)

I have a swing speed around 110-115, Good drive usually 260-280 but my problem has always been high ball flight and the ball seems like its going easly over 300 yards but suddenly just drops out of the sky, lands and then gets a small to no roll, I assume this is to much spin. Some would say your hitting 260-280 why change, well the high ball flight is a killer in the wind and even when its not windy I want to reach my peek as a golfer, so if that 260-280 can turn into 280-300+ avg id be estactic.

My search for new drivers (Callaway, Titleist, TM, you name it, I tried it) continued because I was in the exact same position. I would carry the ball about 275 and my drives would be b/w 275-280. They would just fall out of the sky, like you're referring to. At one point in time, I had five drivers in my trunk. I started some research on here, and decided on an Alpha head w/ a Whiteboard shaft. Right now, I would say my mis-hits go probably around 280, while the ones dead nuts on go around 310ish. My SS is probably around 105 with the big stick to give you a reference. The thing about the Alpha and Whiteboard combo is not only do I carry the ball as far, but the ball has some STANK on it when it hits the ground. The only way I can see this driver coming out of the bag is if it breaks somehow...then, it shall be replaced by the same exact thing :).

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

My search for new drivers (Callaway, Titleist, TM, you name it, I tried it) continued because I was in the exact same position. I would carry the ball about 275 and my drives would be b/w 275-280. They would just fall out of the sky, like you're referring to. At one point in time, I had five drivers in my trunk. I started some research on here, and decided on an Alpha head w/ a Whiteboard shaft. Right now, I would say my mis-hits go probably around 280, while the ones dead nuts on go around 310ish. My SS is probably around 105 with the big stick to give you a reference. The thing about the Alpha and Whiteboard combo is not only do I carry the ball as far, but the ball has some STANK on it when it hits the ground. The only way I can see this driver coming out of the bag is if it breaks somehow...then, it shall be replaced by the same exact thing :).

That's some incredible distance for 105. Thankfully i will be hitting a WB for the first time ever tomorrow and cannot wait.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Are they available to be put on your driver at a golf shop or how would you go about ordering one?

I would suggest getting one from this forum, as they run b/w $300-350 brand new. I picked one up off here for $175 which was a one-time pull and PUREd (which I think is kinda bogus anyway). You can take it to a golf shop (Golf Galaxy, Nevada Bob's, where ever) and they'll be able to put it in your clubhead for you. Some country clubs might be able to change shafts too, but I have no idea.

Once you try this thing out, you'll realize it's well worth the $$! Best of luck.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

That's some incredible distance for 105. Thankfully i will be hitting a WB for the first time ever tomorrow and cannot wait.

SS might be a little off, that's just a guesstimate. Anyway, what's your take on the WB?

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

hi,

i am just looking for your opinions really, i am a high ball flight, high spin player, especially with the driver, been fiited recently and been instructed to get everything for low launch, i.e. high kick shaft, 8.5 degree tour head, i am thinking of putting a diamana white board 83s in a hibore xl tour 8.5, i have an average ss of 110mph on the launch monitor (bout 50 balls).

your opinions please, especially if you have this set up, thanks!!!!

Hi all! I have just snapped my Bridgestone J33R 460 in half, It had a 757 x flex in it, tipped an inch. I hit it a long way, my numbers on that driver were 12.5 degrees launch, +- 2600 rpm spin, about 115 MPH clubhead speed and 174 MPH ball speed. Now that I have to replace the shaft I am wondering if there is a shaft that would give me a similar feel and performance with as the 757 but with maybe a touch more control?? any suggestions ??

hi,

i am just looking for your opinions really, i am a high ball flight, high spin player, especially with the driver, been fiited recently and been instructed to get everything for low launch, i.e. high kick shaft, 8.5 degree tour head, i am thinking of putting a diamana white board 83s in a hibore xl tour 8.5, i have an average ss of 110mph on the launch monitor (bout 50 balls).

I don't have the same setup, but the Whiteboard should produce low launch and low spin numbers. If your SS is an average of 110, you might want to think about an x-flex IMO. I have a 63-S shaft, so if you're going 20g more, that might make up for it too instead of going x-flex.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

Geez, with those stats, I don't know why you would want to change a thing...isn't 13* launch and 2,500 rpm "perfect"? As far as control goes, whiteboard may help since it's a low spin shaft, but it would be an expensive test shaft too.

Hi all! I have just snapped my Bridgestone J33R 460 in half, It had a 757 x flex in it, tipped an inch. I hit it a long way, my numbers on that driver were 12.5 degrees launch, +- 2600 rpm spin, about 115 MPH clubhead speed and 174 MPH ball speed. Now that I have to replace the shaft I am wondering if there is a shaft that would give me a similar feel and performance with as the 757 but with maybe a touch more control?? any suggestions ??

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

Thanks you are right, I don't think it's worth testing it out at that price. I just ordered another 757 x flex, I am gonna put it in the J33R tipped an inch as I did the last one, and the numbers are pretty good. I guess there is no substitute for a good plane and impact position when it comes to consistantcy.

I have another question though?? and I wonder if anyone can answer, I swing it at about 115 mph on the course and if I'm having a rip at it ( usually slinging and not very controlled ) I have got it up too 130 mph ( callaway tourvan vector testing). But does optimal spin and launch change depending on swing speed? Or is 13 deg, 2500 rpm standard for perfect?

hi,

I don't have the same setup, but the Whiteboard should produce low launch and low spin numbers. If your SS is an average of 110, you might want to think about an x-flex IMO. I have a 63-S shaft, so if you're going 20g more, that might make up for it too instead of going x-flex.

The XL Tour/WB combo is extremely low launch and low spin. The XL tours also tend to play true to loft so I'd go for a test drive. My vote is for the 73-s shaft.

my swingspeed is from 118-122, wonder how many extra yards ill get if i upgrade my titleist 975j 8.5* w/ true temper ei-70 stiff shaft to a cobra l4vx 9 * with xstiff whiteboard

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 LST 14.5*

Mizuno Pro 225 2-PW

Mizuno T22 52* & 58*

Ping Isoforce Anser F

Vessel Cart Bag

ive got a titleist d2 with a fuji vista tour 60g xflex and cant keep it down. think my launch is like 13 or 14 deg. i have a super high ball flight with a swing speed of 115 to 120. i just wanna know is this shaft going to show significant improvements in my ball flight?

I would say this shaft would lower your ball flight, especially the whiteboard, as that's what it's designed to do. If your SS is around 115-120, I would suggest 73-X, maybe up to 83-X (I'm pretty sure El Tigre plays an 83-X whiteboard in his driver now) if you wanna get BOLD. Based on the weight of the shaft you have now, I think 73-X would fit you pretty well.

You can all go to (http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/product.php?cmd=dia) and get all the specs on the Diamana series shafts. Here's my quick synopsis:

Redboard - High Ball flight

Whiteboard - Low Ball flight

Blueboard - Mid Ball flight, probably best overall performance of the three

They have a graph in there about tip vs butt stiffness of all three shafts in there as well and that could be of help too.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

my swingspeed is from 118-122, wonder how many extra yards ill get if i upgrade my titleist 975j 8.5* w/ true temper ei-70 stiff shaft to a cobra l4vx 9 * with xstiff whiteboard

Um, from a 975J (I used to have one of those!) I would ballpark it around 15-20 yards on the low end. That's some pretty old technology IMO, so I think you're due for an upgrade. If I remember right, when Titleist went to the 983 series drivers (after the J) they said you would get about 10-15 yards more with those, so I would expect it to be a bit more with the L4V driver, which I've heard great things about.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

Thanks you are right, I don't think it's worth testing it out at that price. I just ordered another 757 x flex, I am gonna put it in the J33R tipped an inch as I did the last one, and the numbers are pretty good. I guess there is no substitute for a good plane and impact position when it comes to consistantcy.

I have another question though?? and I wonder if anyone can answer, I swing it at about 115 mph on the course and if I'm having a rip at it ( usually slinging and not very controlled ) I have got it up too 130 mph ( callaway tourvan vector testing). But does optimal spin and launch change depending on swing speed? Or is 13 deg, 2500 rpm standard for perfect?

I might be making this up, but for some reason, I think those stats are "perfect" once you hit the 110+ mph range. As you get higher in speed, my guess is "perfect" would come down slightly in both rpm and launch angle. Another thing to think about too...even though it would be an expensive test with one of these shafts, if you buy a pull from this site and you don't like it, I can almost guarantee you'll be able to sell it on here for at least 90% what you paid for it. Hey, that's a heck of a lot cheaper than cycling through five drivers in two months trying to get it right (I wouldn't know from personal experience or anything....)

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

hi,

FWIW.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry1134067