Tour Edge Exotics XCG

Tour Edge Exotics XCG Fairway Wood

The XCG fairway wood is the ultimate expression of Exotics engineering and technical ability. It is nothing less than world-class and is without a doubt, the strongest and purest Exotics fairway wood yet.

The XCG boasts the fastest ball speed of any Exotics model ever. The thrust behind this remarkable ball speed is an ultra-thin, titanium cup face equipped with variable thickness technology. The face's slimmer outer edges produce a maximum .83 COR (coefficient of restitution) for blistering shots from anywhere on the face. Combo-brazing the face and crown to the XCG's heavier steel body displaces more weight to the sole for less spin, a higher launch and greater distance.

Offering peak performance from tight lies and thick rough, the XCG features a 4-way radiused sole. In fact, the XCG's contact point is less than any previous Exotics fairway wood making it one of the most forgiving and easy to hit fairway woods in golf.

Play the XCG fairway wood and experience the passion for performance.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I Currently play the 16.5* 4 wood and the 15* 3 wood all i can say is that these clubs are long, they are by far the longest fairway woods i have hit, the 4 wood goes the same distance as my old 3 wood and the 3 wood goes almost as far as my driver, awsome for those tight couses or those hard to reach long par 5's.

I Am using the Aldila DVS Shaft in S Flex i launch the ball a little too high for my liking but i think with a X Flex this will fix my problem. They are a bit pricey however if you jump on ebay you can find some great deals i got the 3 hybrid and 3 wood for almost half price of retail :russian_roulette:.

burggraafm- The stock shaft that the xcg line comes with are very high quality shafts. Aldila DVS And proforce V2, there is also the option of the X Quad but i dont think that shaft is of the same quality as the Aldila and V2. what is your swing speed, or how far do you hit a 7 iron?

I played my first round with the 15* 3 wood with Aldila stiff shaft, and all I can say is WOW. This thing is crazy hot off the face. Everyone in my foursome hit it a few times, and they all had the same reaction...spectacular feel and control. I'm coming off a 975f 14.5* with X100 shaft, and this absolutely smokes my old Titleist. Awesome off the tee, and even better off the turf. I've just never felt anything like it. Very pricey club, but worth every cent IMHO.

Like others, I don't hit my FWs sometimes as well as I should, but I can honestly say that XCG FWs go longer and straighter than any other FW I have ever hit, and that's quite a few. I bought the 16.5* 4FW with the DVS shaft because I can hit it as long, if not longer, than my previous 3 woods. I almost rushed out and picked up the XCG 7 wood, but I don't know what to kick out of the bag. Instead, I'm getting the XCG 21* 4 hybrid to replace my HiBore XLS without testing it first I liked the FWs so much.

I also have the XCG driver, which is a very nice club, but I don't have the same love affair as I do with my 4 wood. By far my favorite club. It's a keeper.

• 3 weeks later...

I have always enjoyed this club but would reccomend it for very few players. This club hits a very low ball and is very, very pricey. I loved this club from the start but could only afford it after finding one used at my local Pro Golf store. If you are either a very good wood player or looking for a club to serve as a back-up driver, this is the club for you.

***DO NOT BUY IN A 5-WOOD OR 7-WOOD. YOU WON'T GET IT OFF THE GROUND***

• 5 weeks later...

Excellent club.

Got the 15 degree XCG 3 wood with Aldila DVS 75 stiff.

Hot face, gets up nicely.

I was a bit worried about being able to hit it from the deck - but it has proven to be very easy to hit.

It is a hammer from the tee, no real tendency to hook or slice - very dependable.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

• 3 weeks later...
I have always enjoyed this club but would recommend it for very few players. This club hits a very low ball and is very, very pricey. I loved this club from the start but could only afford it after finding one used at my local Pro Golf store. If you are either a very good wood player or looking for a club to serve as a back-up driver, this is the club for you.

***DO NOT BUY IN A 5-WOOD OR 7-WOOD. YOU WON'T GET IT OFF THE GROUND***

I don't know about that bro? I mash the 5 wood even better than the 3 wood. I'm an 11 index with a 100mph swing speed and it gets up off the ground just fine for me.

• 3 months later...

Mike...

I'm not one to believe hype and guarantees however...the XCG has a totally hot face. Went through a fitting about a month ago and went with a 4 wood vs 3. My prior 3 wood was about 220 and the 4 wood is easily 240. Very easy to get up in the air...has a nice ball flight and about 3 yards of draw. It's a TV golf shot.

It is pricey for a fairway wood but this is clearly a case of pay for performance.

11 handicap...swing speed just under 100...ball speed at 139.

Good luck!

New Tour Edge Exotics XCG V coupon code

Coupon code is "exotics"

This code works on the new Exotics XCG V driver, fwy & hybrid

everything is in stock

Any questions feel free to call us at 1-877-572-4653

http://www.njgolfman.com/toedexxcgvdr.html

http://www.njgolfman.com/toexxcgvfawo.html

http://www.njgolfman.com/toedxchy.html

-Steve

NJGolfman.com

lookin to replace my 3wd. any major performance differences between this and the xcg that anyone may know of? Anyone had a chance to hit it yet?

TEE EXS 9.5 Accra XC75
TEE CBX 15 UST/Mamiya Attas T2
TEE CBX 19 UST/Mamiya VTS
Ping i500. UST/Mamiya Recoil
Ping Glide Forged 54. UST/Mamiya Recoil
Ping Glide Forged 58. UST/Mamiya Recoil
ACME Tool General

would have to be a big difference as I hit the current XCG a ton. I replaced the shaft with a Matrix 8M2 and I hit it long, straight and with roll.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Currently have the CB2 15 degree with Ozik Code 6 (regular shaft) and this club is fantastic with great trajectory and roll out.

I have the XCG 18 degree with Aldila DVS 75R shaft and it ballons and i hit it way too high and it is shorter than my Adams Pro Gold 20 degree hybrid with Ozik shaft.

Anyway is the XCG a high spin head? Any recommendations on a shaft for the XCG that will bring the trajectory down and reduce ballooning? I have a real gap between the 3wood and the hybrid and i like the XCG or should i switch to a CB2 with 18 degrees of loft?

Ping G430 Max 10K w Alta 55

Ping G430 5 wood w PD-70

Ping G425 7 wood w Slay 55

Ping G430 9 wood w Speeder EVO6

Ping G430 6 Hybrid w PX Red Smoke
Srixon ZX5 6-PW w Recoil 660

Vokey SM8 50.12 F Grind w Recoil 95
Vokey SM10 56.12 D Grind w Recoil 95
Vokey Wedgeworks 60.08 K Grind w Recoil 95

Odyssey Jailbird

I play both the CB2 15 and 18 degree. If you like the 15 degree, you'll feel the same way about the 18. I've also hit the XCG quite a bit. The head shape is different than the CB2 and the ball flight is a little higher. The CB2 fits my eye better than the XCG. You can find a used CB2 18 degree fairly easy for a reasonable price.

• 1 month later...

After recently buying one of these in the 7 wood, I certainly don't agree with what Golferboy said. That comment really doesn't make any sense to me. The higher the loft, the easier they are going to be to hit. The 7 wood also only has a 41in shaft, which makes it even easier to hit.

I actually found I hit it better off the deck than I hit it off the tee. Off the fairway, my shots with it were sensational. It cost me about 4 times what I paid for my 2008 Adams XTD driver, but man it is one awesome club! I absolutely love how it sets up and looks at address. No draw-bias, closed face angles here! And the feel at impact was stunning. Has the DVS 75 stiff shaft, so i was expecting a penetrating trajectory, but actually hit it higher than any 7 wood I've hit recently, which was very surprising. May be due to the shorter shaft and more upright lie angle making me swing more upright. I may need to reshaft it with a 42 inch low trajectory shaft, like a Prolaunch Red, or Diamana Blue 63. Would be worth it, though, because this is one incredible club head.

I've now bought myself one of these in the 5 wood as well. Very much looking forward to receiving it and taking it out for a hit. These clubs make you want to go out and play golf. The best fairway wood model I've hit and I've tested/played heaps. These cost approx $450US in the shops in my country, though, so they'd want to be good!

i bought the XCG with the stock X-QUAD shaft it was a nice stick but i felt i was getting to much spin and losing distance. I got a chance to buy a Diamana Redboard at a good price and popped it in and have not looked back. I can't believe there is a fairway wood combo out there that's better the XCG REDBOARD. The XCG truely has the hottest face in golf combined that with the super smooth feel of the Redboard and you have a weapon. This set up will cost some cash but trust me your not going to need a new fairway wood for a long long time.

PING G425 LST 10.5* HAZRDUS RDX BLUE
PING G425 MAX  3 5 9 woods Alta Slate 65
PING I525 5 thru 7 UST RECOIL
PING I59  8 thru PW UST RECOIL
PING TOUR 50* 54* 58* UST RECOIL
GUERIN Tour Spec GR3
TaylorMade TP5

i bought the XCG with the stock X-QUAD shaft it was a nice stick but i felt i was getting to much spin and losing distance. I got a chance to buy a Diamana Redboard at a good price and popped it in and have not looked back. I can't believe there is a fairway wood combo out there that's better the XCG REDBOARD. The XCG truely has the hottest face in golf combined that with the super smooth feel of the Redboard and you have a weapon. This set up will cost some cash but trust me your not going to need a new fairway wood for a long long time.

Hey nyjets can I ask you a few question about that shaft change?

I also get too much spin, but with the DVS shaft. What is your SS, temp, etc? My driver SS is around 100mph and my tendency is to get too quick sometimes. I am looking for a different shaft and thought about the redboard too.

I also get too much spin, but with the DVS shaft. What is your SS, temp, etc? My driver SS is around 100mph and my tendency is to get too quick sometimes. I am looking for a different shaft and thought about the redboard too.

The DVS has a tip designed to give kick at impact. It's really not meant to be a quick tempo shaft. Find something with a stiffer tip and the spin will drop. Many options out there besides the redboard which is higher launch than the white and blue.

I just noticed you play a pershing in your driver and V2 in your hybrids. The v2 are tip stiff shafts. The pershing 75 is too. You will be better off with a blueboard than a redboard since the redboard is also a softer tip shaft. But definitely lose the DVS.

The DVS has a tip designed to give kick at impact. It's really not meant to be a quick tempo shaft. Find something with a stiffer tip and the spin will drop. Many options out there besides the redboard which is higher launch than the white and blue.

I just noticed you play a pershing in your driver and V2 in your hybrids. The v2 are tip stiff shafts. The pershing 75 is too. You will be better off with a blueboard than a redboard since the redboard is also a softer tip shaft. But definitely lose the DVS.

Thanks for the great feedback. I thought the redboard was tip stiff. I must have mixed them up. If I had the $$ maybe a OZIK-Code. I really think this club will be a beast with the right shaft...

my #'s are the same as yours ss 100 with short compact swing. I went with the Redboard because i have trouble launching off tight fairway lies. This shaft gets the ball up quick with no ballooning.

PING G425 LST 10.5* HAZRDUS RDX BLUE
PING G425 MAX  3 5 9 woods Alta Slate 65
PING I525 5 thru 7 UST RECOIL
PING I59  8 thru PW UST RECOIL
PING TOUR 50* 54* 58* UST RECOIL
GUERIN Tour Spec GR3
TaylorMade TP5

• 3 weeks later...

I've now taken the 2 clubs out for a couple more rounds and I'm really starting to forget just how much they cost me all up! They are absolutely fantastic. They're the complete package, in my opinion. Best looking/quality headcover I've seen, great grips, the clubs have the best look at address of any fairway wood I've ever seen and then there's how they perform:

The feel at impact is just incredible (especially the one with the DVS shaft- the X-Quad is fine, but just doesn't feel quite as "alive") and the trajectory is an absolute thing of beauty. High and penetrating and LONG and generally really straight. It's an absolutely ideal club for those who "fight the hook", or who just want a club that sits dead square at address and has no bias either way. I just usually try to hit them straight and that's basically what they do each time (anytime they don't is due to me, not the club). They're easier to hit than I thought they'd be, including off the fairway and don't hit it low, either (in my experience), as I'd been led to believe. That was something I was concerned about, but hasn't been an issue.

I also tested one of these in the 4 wood on the weekend and while I struggled with it off the deck (5 wood is usually as long as I seem to handle off the deck, in any model- let alone one that's aimed more at "better players", like this one is) I hit it one off the tee with it and it went almost as far as the Titleist 909D2 driver I'd just been hitting well. I also tested one of the new Titleist 909F2 FW woods at the same time, but after a shot or two with one of them went straight back to hitting my XCG's.

As far as similar models go, I've tested the Ping G10 (great off the deck, but sits slightly closed at address and doesn't hit it as long), Ping Rapture (like the XCG, has a titanium face and hits it extremely long, but sits a bit closed and XCG simply plays consistently better & looks better and the stock shaft on the Rapture is much weaker/more flexible), Rapture V2 (Very good club, performs better than original Rapture more consistently, but has more loft and no titanium face, so I expect original Rapture and XCG will hit it further.) Nike Sasquatch 2 (good but not as good, sits very slightly closed at address, doesn't look as good and doesn't hit it as far) Mizuno F-50 and F-60 (I love Mizuno clubs, but neither are in the same league, in my opinion/experience and certainly don't hit it as far) TaylorMade R7 Ti (long, but not as good a club, or probably as long), the new R9 (very, very good, still don't think I'd play one over my XCG's, though, even if someone gave me one at no charge), Titleist 906F4 (smaller head, harder to hit, may be more workable (not sure, don't usually try to work it) but certainly doesn't hit it as far, with an appropriate/matching shaft in each and doesn't look as good, in my opinion). Sonartec SS-2.5 and GS-Tour (both harder to hit and fly much lower, stock shafts seem weak). Original Exotics and Exotics CB2- The XCG is clearly more like the original Exotics in terms of head shape and size and who it was aimed at, but is better in all respects, in my experience/opinion. Better looking, better feeling, easier to hit, hits probably a little higher and they guarantee you'll hit it 20 yards longer, or your money back). The CB2, on the other hand is one hard club to hit. If you aren't off single digits and don't hit the ball very high naturally, you should avoid it like the plague, in my short experience with one. I've spoken to others who have one and they totally rave about them and say it hits the ball an absolute mile, but I imagine they have a very serious swing on them. I also have nothing positive to say about how the CB2 looks at address!

As far as shafts for these XCG's go, I think they pretty much have most bases covered. The stock X-Quad is a "standard" stock shaft for those with average to slower/smoother swing speeds, depending on the flex you get. It is a fine stock shaft and not as "whippy" as the stock shafts in many other models (unless you get senior flex, which is 58g and 4.5 torque). Senior flex in that shaft is probably similar to the stock shaft in the original Rapture (in reg flex) for instance, or reg flex in Cobra's "M" woods. If you have a good, but relatively slow swing, senior (or even ladies flex) are for you.

As others have stated, the DVS is a really good, mid-weight, mid-spin, mid trajectory shaft, that was designed to give that little extra "kick" in the tip. Only those with a pretty solid swing need apply. It's a an excellent, solid shaft and is significantly stronger than the stock shaft in many fairway woods these days. It's midway between the X-Quad and the V2 and I love how good it feels. It feels and looks fantastic, in my opinion (much, much better than my short experience with an NVS 75, in a Ping rapture, which felt like a board).

If you have a very, very fast/strong swing speed and hit the ball really high, on the other hand, your who they have the UST V2's for. They will give you that lower, more penetrating trajectory and I expect, less spin. Then of course there are the aftermarket shafts you can put in yourself, if you want something very specific. You may need to take out a new mortgage, overall, but as someone else stated here, once you have the perfect shaft/loft combo for you, you hopefully won't need to get a new fairway wood for many a long day.

These make me want to play really long courses, off the back tees, so I can hit them more often. Hope all that helps!

:partytime2:

I just got mine. 15 degree with a voodoo S flex. One word comes to mind after playing 3 rounds with it...SIIIIIIIIIIIIICK! Tour Edge got it right. I've not only played 3 rounds but also hit it at the range twice. I am here to tell you this club does it all. My misses are straight and long. My good shots are straight and long. More importantly the latest V version elevates the ball perfectly. I've got the perfect elevation with this head and shaft combo. It is a high penetrating flight. I never had that with any 3 wood before. TE has always been crazy long, but now their mad scientists figured out how to elevate the ball. If you haven't tried this club, it is a must on your list. Is it pricey? Yeah, o.k. but worth every penny in my eyes. I've bought and hit so many 3 woods that if I added up all the money I spent on 3 woods, I probably could go to Europe for a month with my family with that money. So for one club to end my search and make my game so much more solid, I am not to concerned about spending a little more for the club.

question: are the stock shafts they offer authentic, unaltered shafts? or do they modify them like Titleist, Nike and others would?

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball