Anyone want to play Merion?

2»

Comments

• Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,179 ✭✭
    BNGL wrote:

Jupiter Island Club? Medalist? MacArthur? Jupiter Hills?

Might need two rounds for Jupiter Hills �

How would you rank those courses in your opinion? I would guess you hvae played them.
  • BNGLBNGL Members Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    augustgolf wrote:
    BNGL wrote:

No Hobe Sound Golf Club?

HSGC is a quality golf course, just nothing great about it in my opinion. Like you'll enjoy playing it, but its my contention that nothing made me stop and say wow I'm playing at HSGC like I did teeing off at Jupiter Hills, or playing over the water at Jupiter Island, or pegging it with PGA Pros at Medalist.
  • BNGLBNGL Members Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    Schley wrote:
    BNGL wrote:

How would you rank those courses in your opinion? I would guess you hvae played them.

They're all spectacular truthfully, it's a toss up I can't pick.

Medalist is just a great solid course, that challenges you to hit quality golf shots. It means a lot to me that so many professionals call it home or frequent there, plus it's a treat watching the greatest ever (in my opinion) on the range.

Jupiter Hills, Hills Course, is phenomenal but the Village Course is just another Florida golf course. Has by far the best locker room and locker room attendants around. The Hills course is special, built in the sand dune that runs up the east coast. It's indescribable.

Jupiter Island Club is a unique and special place. It truly is a tropical paradise, with a golf course that seems so natural even though holes were dredged up from the river. It has probably the best back 9 in Florida with 7 holes featuring shots played across or parallel to the river. Greens are always so pure.

MacArthur great because it's secluded. Course in my opinion isn't greatest, greens though get wicked fast! Come masters us Open time those greens get faster than anyone. Few years ago they got 18 feet plus on their practice greens.
  • walpywalpy Members Posts: 357 ✭✭
    Gotta ask - what's a home/away?
    Callaway 816 DBD 9* w/ Aldila Rogue i/o 60S

Callaway 816 14* w/ Aldila Rogue i/o 70S

Cllaway Steelhead XR 5-wood w/ Tensei CK 55S

Titleist 695MB 3, 5-PW w/ DG S300

Vokey 50.12, 54.10, 58.08

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

Titleist ProV1x
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,179 ✭✭
    walpy wrote:

One guy hosts the other at each other's home course. Thus you have one home game and one away game.
  • walpywalpy Members Posts: 357 ✭✭
    Schley wrote:

walpy wrote:

One guy hosts the other at each other's home course. Thus you have one home game and one away game.

Got it - thanks!

Now that I know what it is - if someone is around southern Maine, Falmouth Country Club (not the MA one).
    Callaway 816 DBD 9* w/ Aldila Rogue i/o 60S

Callaway 816 14* w/ Aldila Rogue i/o 70S

Cllaway Steelhead XR 5-wood w/ Tensei CK 55S

Titleist 695MB 3, 5-PW w/ DG S300

Vokey 50.12, 54.10, 58.08

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

Titleist ProV1x
  • sdhayes135sdhayes135 Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited Mar 30, 2018 #38
  • Tag56Tag56 Members Posts: 94 ✭✭
    sdhayes135 wrote:

r

Pirate?
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5* Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.[font=times new roman,times,serif]5 X[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]3-wood: Taylormade 2016 M2 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]2-hybrid: Titleist 913H 17* set to 18.75. Project x 6.5.[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4, 718 MB 5-pw. DG X100[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Wedges: Titleist SM7 52*, 56*, and 60*.[/font] KBS tour 120
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey. [/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1X[/font]
    [/font]
  • Merion is under restoration if I am not mistaken.
  • The GeneralThe General Members Posts: 1,734 ✭✭
    The Golf Club of Tennessee?
  • raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members Posts: 3,571 ✭✭

Merion is under restoration if I am not mistaken.

I don’t think they’re doing anything that will take the course out of play.
  • dpb5031dpb5031 Members Posts: 5,255 ✭✭
    raynorfan1 wrote:

I don’t think they’re doing anything that will take the course out of play.

Not sure about regular play but they've moved events this year due to the course renovations that would typically be played at Merion East.
    USGA Index: ~1

WITB:
    Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green 
    Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • dhc1dhc1 NYCMembers Posts: 877 ✭✭
    raynorfan1 wrote:

I don't think they're doing anything that will take the course out of play.

Merion East is completely closed for 18 months as they replace "every single piece of grass" on the course.
    dhc1 wrote:

Merion East is completely closed for 18 months as they replace "every single piece of grass" on the course.

I knew they were re-grassing; just assumed they'd do it on a rolling basis rather than close the course down.
  • 99% sure it’s down for the year or most of it. I believe it’s a fairly full scale restoration.
  • adschusadschus Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    Medinah or Black Sheep. Maybe Olympia Fields. Get at me.
  • adschusadschus Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    ISO: TCC

FT: Medinah, Black Sheep or Olympia Fields
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,528 ClubWRX

DavePelz4 wrote:

How about Big Run in Lockport, IL and I'll buy beers.

Saying Country Lakes would make this even better but I'm still dying of laughter right now.

If it would have been Country Lakes I'd have to buy him a hooker too and now we're talking real money.
  • dhc1dhc1 NYCMembers Posts: 877 ✭✭
    Aside of nothing, I think that the original poster is not, nor ever was, a Merion member and was simply trolling for fun or has limited access via some connection. It's a very rare overlap between Merion and Veteran's stadium 700 level. They actually repel each other like oil and water.....
  • trevorschutrevorschu No Laying Up Members Posts: 23
    I can get anyone on Merion in May 2019 when the course reopens. DMs open. Fair trades only (Top 100)
  • trevorschutrevorschu No Laying Up Members Posts: 23
    trevorschu wrote:

I can get anyone on Merion in May 2019 when the course reopens. DMs open. Fair trades only (Top 100)

Same goes for Somerset Hills in NJ. Looking to get on some other top tracks in NJ, PA, NY/LI and New england (Balty/Ridgewood, Philly Cricket, Winged Foot, Maidstone, Deepdale, Sankaty Head, Ekwanok to name a few.). Feel free to shoot me a message if interested
  • teeituphighteeituphigh Head Professional - Hastings Golf Club, NZ Members Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    Ive got Cape Kidnappers at a trade... In San Francisco next year for the return leg!
    trevorschu wrote:

trevorschu wrote:

Same goes for Somerset Hills in NJ. Looking to get on some other top tracks in NJ, PA, NY/LI and New england (Balty/Ridgewood, Philly Cricket, Winged Foot, Maidstone, Deepdale, Sankaty Head, Ekwanok to name a few.). Feel free to shoot me a message if interested

Just join thousand greens (or something similar). It creates more flexibility in reciprocity.
  • jwellefson1jwellefson1 Members Posts: 193 ✭✭
    Uhhh if anyone wants to get on my local muni i got you lol
    Haikus are funny
    But they don't always make sense
    Refrigerator