ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

New SM7's

Leonard WashingtonLeonard Washington Advanced Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
With the new Titleist hybrids and irons starting to leak out, has anyone heard about a refresh for the SM6's? I believe they are typically on the same release cycle...
'16 M2 8.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
M2 DF 14* - Tensei Blue 80TX
TM 790 3i - DG AMT X100
Srixon Z745 4-P - DG TI AMT X100
Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*
Artisan 0117
Titleist Pro V1

Comments

• cvhookem63cvhookem63 HOOK 'EM ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 4,571 ClubWRX
    If the release timeline stays the same, they should be released in March of 2018. Rumor is there is a raw option coming to retail.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade Tour Issue M1 440 8.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100[/font] | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    NIKE Custom Copper Insert B2-05 | SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • bshoversbshovers Advanced Members Posts: 298
    cvhookem63 wrote:

If the release timeline stays the same, they should be released in March of 2018. Rumor is there is a raw option coming to retail.

Don't say this. I just put three new SM6's in the bag image/mellow.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />
    bshovers wrote:

cvhookem63 wrote:

Don't say this. I just put three new SM6's in the bag image/mellow.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

Nothing is confirmed on the raw option, but I hope it's true. And you have 8 months between now and then - plenty of time to need a new set.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
  • CallawayLeftyCallawayLefty Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,980 ✭✭
    "I hear there's a raw option coming to retail."

-Said someone every year since the last ones came out like 12 years ago

The $250 ones on Vokey.com don't count by the way.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Advanced Members Posts: 4,680 ✭✭
    I think with the last two releases, SM5 and SM6, they have been out on tour for the Las Vegas tournament, the Shriners or the Justin Timberlake or whatever it is actually called these days.

They are then typically released at the end of March to the public.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • PinonMagnoliaPinonMagnolia Zen Brah Advanced Members Posts: 754
    I'd just like a raw v and low bounce k grind available. Release upcharged raws on vokey.com and it's all stock grind/bounce options.
    Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665
    816 Alpha 14* Tensei Pro Blue
    Titleist T-MB 3 - PW KBS C-Taper
    Vokey SM6 Raw 50*F & 55*M, Low Bounce K 59*
    Scotty Cameron Newport Buttonback
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,963 ClubWRX
    I've given up hope that we'll see raw as a stock retail offering from any wedge manufacturer. They've all tried it and clearly have the sales numbers to tell them it's not it's worth it. The reality is that the average golfer doesn't want to buy a wedge that's started rusting. The Nike wax coating from the Engage wedges was a cool solution, but that didn't work in the market either.

Equipment aficionados on WRX don't make up a large segment of the golf equipment buying market. So, since there is limited demand, we're going to pay a premium for the limited supply that's made available. I'm just thankful we still have the option to buy wedges with finishes that can be stripped at home without too much effort.
    TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Pro White 60 S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Pro White 70 S, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-760 3, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade P-770 4, DG X100 (SSx1)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60 (58), DG S400
    TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
  • Weston11Weston11 Advanced Members Posts: 166 ✭✭
    Hopefully the brushed copper finish will be available. I have the limited edition release with that finish and it's amazing -- it was beautiful out of the box, and it keeps looking better and better as the copper starts showing through wear.
    Driver: TS3 8.5 - Evenflow White 75 6.5
    Fairway: TS2 15 - Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 80
    Irons: 718 AP2 (4-9) - DG TI X100
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 51F, 55S, and 59D - DG TI S400 Onyx
    Putter: Byron Morgan 615
  • critts18critts18 Members Posts: 51

I'd just like a raw v and low bounce k grind available. Release upcharged raws on vokey.com and it's all stock grind/bounce options.
    amen to the low bounce k grind i want the 60.06 but cant justify that kind of cash for the wedge works version
    Titleist 915 D3 9.5. Aldila Rogue Silver 70x
    Titleist 915 FD 15. Aldila Rogue Black 80x
    Titleist 816 H2 19. Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid 85x
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW, 50. TTDG X100
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54, SM5 60. TTDG TI Onyx S400
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V1
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Advanced Members Posts: 904 ✭✭
    Still using two SM4's and an SM2 until they produce a worthwhile replacement. COUGH COUGH oil can COUGH COUGH....
  • TG_343TG_343 Advanced Members Posts: 308 ✭✭
    Rory4Pres wrote:

Still using two SM4's and an SM2 until they produce a worthwhile replacement. COUGH COUGH oil can COUGH COUGH....

Same here, I stocked up on some "new" SM4's in the oil can finish at the beginning of the year. Love the shape and how that finish can be stripped sooo easily producing a great wearing raw finish.
    Cobra F8+ - 8.5 deg (heavy weight fwd) - w/ Aldila Black Mamba 60-TX - 45"

Adams XTD TI - 2 hybrid (16 deg) - Matrix HM3 105g X

TaylorMade P790 - 3i (1 deg weak) - Matrix HM3 95g X

TaylorMade P790 - 5: (2 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)

Adams MB2 - 6-PW: KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)

Titleist Vokey SM4: 51 F Grind - Dynamic Gold TI x-100

Callaway PM Grind 56 - bent to 55, PM Grind 60, PM Grind 64 - Dynamic Gold TI s400

Scotty Cameron: Monterrey - 35.5in
  • benclabbenclab golfn702 Advanced Members Posts: 1,623
    I hope the raw rumor is true and they extend it to the whole line, all lofts and grinds.
    TaylorMade M1 8.5* w/ Speeder 661x (testing M5 9* w/ KK60x)
    Titleist 915 Fd 15* and 18* w/ Diamana WB 80x
    TaylorMade PSI tour 3 iron w/ PX 6.5
    TaylorMade MB 4 thru 9 w/ PX 6.5
    Mizuno T7 48*, 52*, and 58* w/ DG
    Odyssey RX VLine Fang or RX #1; 33 inches
    Titleist Pro V1x
  • henkedejkhenkedejk Advanced Members Posts: 113 ✭✭
    jll62 wrote:

I've given up hope that we'll see raw as a stock retail offering from any wedge manufacturer. They've all tried it and clearly have the sales numbers to tell them it's not it's worth it. The reality is that the average golfer doesn't want to buy a wedge that's started rusting. The Nike wax coating from the Engage wedges was a cool solution, but that didn't work in the market either.

Equipment aficionados on WRX don't make up a large segment of the golf equipment buying market. So, since there is limited demand, we're going to pay a premium for the limited supply that's made available. I'm just thankful we still have the option to buy wedges with finishes that can be stripped at home without too much effort.

The Cleveland RTX 3.0 tour raw will start to rust fast!
  • thedurtydurdenthedurtydurden Advanced Members Posts: 267 ✭✭
    If there's raw and low-bounce K they can swipe my card now. I had that sole on my 2014 Cold Forged and it was absolutely amazing!
    Tour Issue M2 Speeder Evo 2.0 Tour Spec 661X
    Titleist 917 F2 15 Speeder 757X
    Titleist 816 H2 19 Diamana S+ 90X
    Ben Hogan Ft Worth HI 22 TIX100 AMT
    Ben Hogan FW15 26-46 TIX100 AMT
    Nike Engage 50 Square, 54(55) Square, 58(60) Toe Sweep
    Scotty Cameron
  • BearQBearQ Break 2 Rebuild Advanced Members Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    TG_343 wrote:

Rory4Pres wrote:

Same here, I stocked up on some "new" SM4's in the oil can finish at the beginning of the year. Love the shape and how that finish can be stripped sooo easily producing a great wearing raw finish.

Add me to the SM4 raw club. I barely played this season so I still got two more years with these
    LTD Pro 9.5* - Matrix Type C 70X  |  M2 Tour 15* - Tour AD VR 8X 
    P790 UDI - Black Tie 105X
    TP UDI (3-4)  |  Srixon Z945 (5-P) - Nippon SPB 
    Cobra MB (51*)  Nike VR Forged (56*)  Hi-Toe (60.10)
    TM Spider Black
  • moonshinemoonshine 06/17/18 Best day of year to watch golf! ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 6,339 ClubWRX
    I'm shocked at what some golfers will spend money on...$250 per wedge...gheesh?!
    "We have learned that we must
    live as men, not as ostriches, nor
    as dogs in the manger." FDR
  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444
    edited August 2017
    moonshine wrote:

I'm shocked at what some golfers will spend money on...$250 per wedge...gheesh?!

They can be had for much less. I just got 3 SM6 Raw for $175 a piece. Is it more than standard? Yes, but I don't have mess with stripping them.
  • ago33ago33 Advanced Members Posts: 2,136 ✭✭
    Still playing my SM4s

the SM6s were close but just didn't do it for me. having a V Grind will make me transition over

Current Gamers

Cobra F9 Speedback 9.................................Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    TC Callaway X Hot 3 Deep 14.5...................Rombax P95 X
    Taylormade GAPR Mid 3..............................Recoil Utility 110F5
    Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 4,5................................AMT TI X100
    Mizuno MP-25 6-PW....................................AMT TI X100
    Callaway MD Forged 50, 56.........................AMT TI S400
    TI Taylormade Hi Toe 60.09..........................AMT TI S400
    Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master
  • moonshinemoonshine 06/17/18 Best day of year to watch golf! ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 6,339 ClubWRX
    DRRicks wrote:

moonshine wrote:

They can be had for much less. I just got 3 SM6 Raw for $175 a piece. Is it more than standard? Yes, but I don't have mess with stripping them.

Tell me why guys strip them? Look, feel, spin? Do they wear better groove wise and can they be reconditioned...err...new grooves? Do you practice with "range" set?
    "We have learned that we must
    live as men, not as ostriches, nor
    as dogs in the manger." FDR
    moonshine wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

moonshine wrote:

Tell me why guys strip them? Look, feel, spin? Do they wear better groove wise and can they be reconditioned...err...new grooves? Do you practice with "range" set?

I don't think the performance is really any different with raw wedges compared to those with a finish, but some people (myself included) prefer the look of a raw wedge
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 7,500 ClubWRX
    cvhookem63 wrote:

That would put Vokeys back in my bag!
    Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
    XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
    henkedejk wrote:

jll62 wrote:

The Cleveland RTX 3.0 tour raw will start to rust fast!

Yes my RTX3's rusted up really nice and fast!
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
  • Mikeh7Mikeh7 Members Posts: 16
    Hoping they make V-grind available as stock option
  • mctrees02mctrees02 Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,278
    It's pretty frustrating that Vokey doesn't even offer a raw gap wedge for lefties. The only options are M Grind 54, 56, 58, and 60. So I had to pick up a raw black SM5 50 then strip it but they don't get near the rust on them of the truly raw wedges. Now it's onto the Nike Engage
  • charlokimcharlokim jin_xianjun ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 293 ClubWRX
    bshovers wrote:

cvhookem63 wrote:

same here......

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Titleist 917D3 EvenFlow White 60[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Taylormade P790 UDI, PX Hzrdus Black[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Srixon Z 765/965 combo, DG TI[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX-4 50, 56, 60, DG TI[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]TaylorMade Spider Mini Diamond Silver[/font]
  • Q-LockQ-Lock Advanced Members Posts: 120
    I miss the raw finish I had on my Cleveland wedges back in my junior days. I can't justify dropping the cash for the vokey raw versions these days so I'm still rocking my sm4s as of right now. Perhaps I'll finally make the plunge for a new set of they make a raw sm7 for retail. That would be sweet!
    Titleist 917D3 9.0, Tour AD GP 7x (shortened 1")
    Titleist 917F3 15.0, Fujikura Tour Spec 80x (shortened 1")
    Titleist 716 TMB 2-iron, DG s300 AMT or Titleist 818H2 21*, Tensei White 90x
    Callaway X-Forged 2013 4-pw, PXi 6.0
    Titleist SM4 52, 56, 60 with TI DG s400
    Titleist Classic Newport 2 (oil can finish stripped and re-blued with 4 strips lead tape on sole)
    Titleist prov1x
    Ping Hoofer Bag (2016 version)
  • ThrillhouseThrillhouse EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE! Advanced Members Posts: 11,165 ✭✭
    I bough sm6s earlier this year. If they come out with raw I'll buy new ones, if not I'll just keep the ones I have. I think playing 25-30 rounds a year I can keep wedges 2-3 years without issue.

I bough sm6s earlier this year. If they come out with raw I'll buy new ones, if not I'll just keep the ones I have. I think playing 25-30 rounds a year I can keep wedges 2-3 years without issue.

That's all you get to play?! I feel bad for you man.
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • ThrillhouseThrillhouse EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE! Advanced Members Posts: 11,165 ✭✭
    MattyO1984 wrote:

Demanding career, I really have to prioritize golf to even play that much!
  • Nic1972Nic1972 Advanced Members Posts: 690 ✭✭

MattyO1984 wrote:

I would be happy to play 25 rounds a year.....
    Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21°); Adams 9031 Pro (24°) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
    Apparel: Nike
    Glove: Nike Tour Classic
    Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
    Bag: Nike
    Nic1972 wrote:

MattyO1984 wrote:

You guys need to move to Scotland. Daylight until after 10pm in the summer. Plenty time for 18 holes after work during the week image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
    Nic1972 wrote:

MattyO1984 wrote:

Lol you probably have kids then, I don't so luckily I can still play on the weekends.
  • phi482phi482 Advanced Members Posts: 991 ✭✭
    I hear you on 25 rounds. Thankfully I have vendor golf to fall back on. Youth baseball is the killer of golf.

On topic, I am curious to see what changes are made. I have never been happier with my wedge setup than I am know. I have spent fortunes on TVD's and whatnot only to end up with OTR SM6 that perform amazingly.
    Titleist TS3 10.5 - PX Smoke 6.5
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood - PX Yellow 6.5
    Titleist 718 AP3 3-iron - PX6.5 LZ
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-P - x100
    Vokey SM6 - 50.12, 54.14, 60.10 - s400
    Bettinardi SS3
  • Carson33Carson33 Advanced Members Posts: 435 ✭✭
    moonshine wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

moonshine wrote:

I think they feel better. I have even stripped a black Vokey, and the Raw Vokey feels different.

Yes, I keep my old sets and use them as a practice set. I also only hit PRO V's instead of range balls. Your actual game ball flights lower and does not wear out the grooves as fast.
    Taylormade M5 - 460- 9* - Tour AD IZ
    Taylormade M5 - 14* - Tour AD IZ
    Titleist 816 H2 Hybrids 19* - Tour AD DI
    Titleist TM-B 4-iron - Tour AD DI shaft
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-9, DG Tour Issue X-100
    Titleist Vokey SM6 RAW - 46*, 50*, 56*, 60*, DG Tour Issue S-400
    Scotty Cameron Tour Rat - Concept 1
  • Big BenBig Ben Advanced Members Posts: 8,895 ✭✭
    I don't know why but I'm not a fan of the stock SM6 models. I bought the limited addition burnt copper's with high hopes and after a month these might see BST soon...BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • Matt JMatt J Advanced Members Posts: 8,552 ✭✭
    Righties complaining about options... I had to special order a 60.04 L grind. Be grateful you aren't lefty.
    Anymore on these?

My fitter was down at TPI in Carlsbad and hit them and some Porto types with Mr Vokey him self. Lots of new grinds, but he didn't know what was coming to retail.
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
  • HP12HP12 Members Posts: 45
    Would love to see oil can come back. My dad got me hooked on them, beautiful brand new and once they start getting a little wear on them they are really cool. Not a fan of the black or dark grey finish personally.
    HP12 wrote:

Would love to see oil can come back. My dad got me hooked on them, beautiful brand new and once they start getting a little wear on them they are really cool. Not a fan of the black or dark grey finish personally.

I'm praying for Raw! I've never owned a pair of Oil Can. What do they look like after they wear in?
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
  • ErichZFErichZF Shanks a lot! Advanced Members Posts: 628
    Ask your rep. They might have a promo flier on the SM7. Might even be a new grind coming. Who knows... I believe in Nessy.
    Calloway Rogue 10.5* Evenflow 60 S
    4 Wood TM M3 17* Tensei Blue S
    5 Wood TM R15 19* Speeder 67 S
    7 Wood Callaway BB 2004 Pro Launch B S
    4-PW Mizuno MP-63 KBS Tour S SS
    Vokey SM6 54F, SM6 60M KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 PVD Black Tour Issue
    Odyssey O-Works 7s Black
  • ms3ms3 Advanced Members Posts: 85
    cvhookem63 wrote:

I heard that too. But will they be available for LH is what I'd like to know.
    Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) | 9.5º set to 10º | Graphite Design TOUR AD-TP 6X
    Fairway: TaylorMade M1 | 14º | Matrix RUL TOUR Issue 80 X
    Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 | 18º | Matrix OZIK Altus Hybrid TOUR Issue 80 X
    Irons: Mizuno MP-18 SC 3-P | Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges: TaylorMade TOUR Preferred EF 52º, 58º KBS C-Taper LITE 120g S+
    Putter: KRONOS Golf Hendrix
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • HP12HP12 Members Posts: 45
    GC70 wrote:

I'm praying for Raw! I've never owned a pair of Oil Can. What do they look like after they wear in?

The finish starts to come off. Once I have them worn in, the sole and the area where I strike the ball on the face start turning silver/raw. The oil can on the rest of the club starts to turn a darker brown and with some moisture (after a round in the rain, for example) with start to rust a little. Really unique finish, in my personal opinion
    HP12 wrote:

GC70 wrote:

The finish starts to come off. Once I have them worn in, the sole and the area where I strike the ball on the face start turning silver/raw. The oil can on the rest of the club starts to turn a darker brown and with some moisture (after a round in the rain, for example) with start to rust a little. Really unique finish, in my personal opinion

Thanks! Sounds like an option if they don't release a raw version. I suppose if you play in early morning dew and bunkers could speed up the process?
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
  • greggvmgreggvm Members Posts: 67
    Weston11 wrote:

Hopefully the brushed copper finish will be available. I have the limited edition release with that finish and it's amazing -- it was beautiful out of the box, and it keeps looking better and better as the copper starts showing through wear.
    Weston11 wrote:

I picked up a 60* in the copper as well. Agree with everything you've said about looks and wear. It's soft too. I've heard from several sources that the copper will be an option in the 7's but I'm not sure how reliable they are. Hopefully very! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • TravAzTravAz Advanced Members Posts: 768
    jll62 wrote:

I've given up hope that we'll see raw as a stock retail offering from any wedge manufacturer.

king_pur_wedge_56_versatile_hero.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

http://www.cobragolf.com/cobra-king-pur-wedge
    Current Bag:
    Cobra F7+, Baffler
    Vapor Fly Pro irons
    TM EF 50,54 PM Grind 58
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,963 ClubWRX
    TravAz wrote:

jll62 wrote:

I've given up hope that we'll see raw as a stock retail offering from any wedge manufacturer.

king_pur_wedge_56_versatile_hero.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

http://www.cobragolf...-king-pur-wedge

You're actually helping to support my original point. The PUR wedges are made from 304 stainless steel, so they're an entirely different animal than a raw Vokey made from 8620 carbon steel. The PUR wedge is going to maintain is showroom appeal on the retail floor because it isn't going to rust in the same way as a raw carbon steel head.

While Cobra is accurate in saying that these wedges are "raw" because they don't have a plating, it's a bit of marketing speak if you ask me. Golfers have a preconceived notion of what raw wedges mean and these aren't it.
    TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Pro White 60 S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Pro White 70 S, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-760 3, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade P-770 4, DG X100 (SSx1)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60 (58), DG S400
    TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Advanced Members Posts: 5,013 ✭✭
    cvhookem63 wrote:

ccosx2jCejdew.gif

I'll need some new wedges around that time
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • cjblake09cjblake09 Advanced Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Why not just buy the raw option now offered by Wedgeworks? Yes they are $50 more but by the time you get to pick you shaft, grip, and adjust it to your specs it is about a wash.
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Advanced Members Posts: 5,013 ✭✭
    cjblake09 wrote:

Why not just buy the raw option now offered by Wedgeworks? Yes they are $50 more but by the time you get to pick you shaft, grip, and adjust it to your specs it is about a wash.

That's a fair point.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • jrshelbyjrshelby Advanced Members Posts: 1,101 ✭✭
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

cjblake09 wrote:

That's a fair point.
    about 1/2 of the shafts are up charges
    EPIC Flash SZ 9° Atmos TS BLK 7X  / EPIC Flash 5W 17° Pro 2.0 TS 8X / APEX '19 20° HY Catalyst HY 6.5
    APEX Pro '19 4, APEX MB '
    18 5-A MODUS 130 S / RAW MD4 54 + 60 S-Grind MODUS Wedge 125
    Toulon '19 Austin