What golf trips do you have coming up?

So I'm headed to Pinehurst in October and Las Vegas in February. I am planning on playing #2,#8, pine needles and Shadow Creek. Also hoping to put a trip together for Wisconsin for next summer. I'm just curious what others have coming up?

Comments

• That sounds like a great trip not sure if you have everything in Vegas lined up yet but i would highly recommend Cascada as well as Wolf Creek. Also for Pinehurst Mid pines, Dormie Club and Tobacco Road are all awesome! I have Sand Valley up in Wisconsin this Friday just a quick day trip up there, then Early September we are going down to East Lake which is a real treat all of the grandstands will be up for the Tour Championship and the course conditions are perfect we have turned this into a yearly trip and it is fantastic we also play Currahee Club and then drive up to Greenville and play Greenville Country Club and Thornblade Club. I always look forward to this trip as it is such a treat and pleasure to play East Lake in tournament conditions.
  • psapitch13psapitch13 Members Posts: 376 ✭✭
    Heading to San Diego for vacation in Sept & hoping to get on at Torrey Pines.
  • Boricua GolfBoricua Golf Members Posts: 3,380 ✭✭
    Spending New Years (a week) at Disney, will be playing Magnolia on one of the days...can't wait.
    Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
    Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
    Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
    Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up Pingman Grip (Ping Oslo and Ping Nome TR as backup 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0)
    2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X
  • krtgolfingkrtgolfing Members Posts: 1,042 ✭✭
    Currently have booked a Pebble trip in September. Already booked Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill, and Spanish Bay. Probably going to also play Poppy Hills, Pasatiempo, and CordeValle. Might sneak in one more round depending on flights/ arrive times. Only going to be playing 18 holes a day so I can enjoy myself instead of overdoing it.

Also looking at possible trip to Florida and play Streamsong Black, Streamsong Red, Streamsong Blue, Innisbrook Cooperhead, World Woods Pine Barrens, and World Woods Rolling Oaks.
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Odyssey Works Red #1W S
  • outofboundzoutofboundz Members Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Cabot in October, 2 rounds on each course. Heading down to play Yale this Sunday on my birthday and am pretty excited to play the course.
  • Ralphyboy84Ralphyboy84 Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Castle Stuart and Royal Dornoch this weekend for me
  • HillbillyInBCHillbillyInBC Posts: 163 ✭✭
    I'm in the middle of a trip right now. I drove down to Tacoma for Monte's clinic last weekend, over the Cascades to play Gamble Sands on Tuesday, up to the Okanagan today, playing Predator Ridge tomorrow and The Rise on Friday, with Saturday TBD.
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,398 ✭✭
    Going to Destin Sept 6 for 8 days. 3 rounds of golf and 8 days of fishing. Might not sound like alot of golf but I've played 3 rounds this year including a scramble.
  • prsgtrmanprsgtrman prsgtrman Members Posts: 1,544
    may do a tobacco road run this fall, ft meyers this winter to see the inlaws but will play tons of golf, ireland march 2018.
  • defnotaprodefnotapro Members Posts: 527 ✭✭
    PGA National in early January and Palm Springs in March. The Mission Hills Dinah Shore course about 3 weeks from the LPGA major was in amazing condition last year and plan to do it again.
    TravelingGolfSticks.com
  • ramdorskyramdorsky Posts: 121 ✭✭
    I'll be in the Carolinas in October as well. Playing Maggie Valley, Tobacco Road, Thistle, and maybe a couple others. Then going to try to catch the Shoals in Alabama on our way back to Texas.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Bio Cell Pro....10*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade RBZ.......15*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway RAZR(hy)..21*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno JPX900T.....4-10[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scor...........................50*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey..................54* 60*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SC American Classic III[/font]
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 20,001 ✭✭
    I'll likely head to Lafayette, IN for the Labor Day weekend for 6 or 7 rounds. I want to check out the two courses at the Birck Boilermaker complex, as well as Coyote Crossing, and a few other local tracks. This will be my 7th trip this season.
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,398 ✭✭
    ^

That's a good trip, lots of great golf in Indiana.
  • JunglelandJungleland Members Posts: 425 ✭✭
    Heading to Monterey mid September and have 5 rounds in 3 days - Spyglass/Poppy Hills, Spanish Bay/Poppy Hills, & Pasatiempo
  • AcmeGolfAcmeGolf Members Posts: 369 ✭✭

Just returned from my first trip to Scotland...Loved it!
    Ping G400 LST 9°
    TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour TS
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5°
    Titleist 915Hd 20.5° 
    Mizuno JPX919 HMP's 5-GW
    Mizuno S18 56° & 60°
    SC Newport 3
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,682 ✭✭

YOU SUCK .....JK. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Those are two of my buck list courses....I will get them checked off some day...!
  • coolcucumber_1coolcucumber_1 Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Headed to Tahoe in few weeks, playing a tournament at Edgewood on saturday, booked dragon for friday and looking at options for sunday.

I know everyone says coyote moon but i think after two days of golfing and whatever happens saturday night I dont want to drive too far from the south lake on sunday as we will be driving back to the bay area sunday evening.

Any one have any options that will be great ...
  • TK3TK3 TK3 Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
    edited Aug 25, 2017 #19
    Going to Scottsdale tomorrow.

Playing Talking Stick North and both WeKoPa courses.

In September, going to Coeur D'Alene, ID. Playing Circling Raven + Golf Club @ Coeur D'Alene Resort (with the infamous floating green).

If someone knows someone who (knows someone) who can get me on Gozzer Ranch, I would be eternally grateful!

Can't wait image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' /> image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    My set-up:
    Bag - Sun Mountain MPB
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX with Oban Kiyoshi Purple
    3 Wood - Ryoma F3 / Matrix
    Hybrid - Rocketballz 3 hybrid
    Irons - JDM Titleist VG3 4-PW irons with Nippon Modus 3 shafts
    Wedges - Ping Glide 50* / 54* / 58*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 33"
    Shoes - Ecco Cage
    Ball - Srixon Z Star
  • TK3TK3 TK3 Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
    ramdorsky wrote:

I'll be in the Carolinas in October as well. Playing Maggie Valley, Tobacco Road, Thistle, and maybe a couple others. Then going to try to catch the Shoals in Alabama on our way back to Texas.

If you can, you have to play FarmLinks GC in Sylacauga. Outstanding course. Immaculate conditioning. Nicest staff you will ever meet.

386 Talladega Springs Rd, Sylacauga, AL 35151

Phone: (256) 208-7640
    My set-up:
    Bag - Sun Mountain MPB
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX with Oban Kiyoshi Purple
    3 Wood - Ryoma F3 / Matrix
    Hybrid - Rocketballz 3 hybrid
    Irons - JDM Titleist VG3 4-PW irons with Nippon Modus 3 shafts
    Wedges - Ping Glide 50* / 54* / 58*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 33"
    Shoes - Ecco Cage
    Ball - Srixon Z Star
  • TUGolfer06TUGolfer06 Members Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Booked my tee time for Brickyard Crossings at Indianapolis Motor Speedway tonight. I'm playing there 9/30. I'm hoping to play Kempen the following morning. I'm going to the Notre Dame-Miami(OH) game and it's a 5 pm kickoff. As long as I know I'll be out of West Lafayette by 1 pm I'm going to do it. Purdue doesn't have a game that weekend so getting around will be easy.

I have a trip to The Course at Yale confirmed for mid-September. Their DOG was extremely accommodating.

I'm HOPING to play Bethpage Black in either late October or early November. Or at least before the weather turns on Long Island....
    Home Courses
    - Country Club of Scranton
    - Seven Oaks GC at Colgate University
  • onlyomaronlyomar Members Posts: 467
    The Prairie Club in a few weeks for four days.
  • Eric267Eric267 Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited Aug 26, 2017 #23

Headed to Tahoe in few weeks, playing a tournament at Edgewood on saturday, booked dragon for friday and looking at options for sunday.

I know everyone says coyote moon but i think after two days of golfing and whatever happens saturday night I dont want to drive too far from the south lake on sunday as we will be driving back to the bay area sunday evening.

Just FYI the dragon to south lake is easily a 2.5+ hour trip especially on a Friday. I live in Kings beach and to even get through town can take forever..

Dragon is a good course but personally would rather play coyote moon. Played coyote last Friday and it was in great shape although a little slow pace wise (around 4.5hours) and expensive at $145 ($115 NCGA) twilight.

South lake is tough because there are really only two courses, Edgewood and LTGC. Haven't played LTGC since May and it's nice enough but always gets a ton of play since it's the less expensive choice. Best bet could be play Incline championship Sunday and drive home from there up over to I80.

Edgewood is a really great course! Have fun

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 3,983 ✭✭
    Sand Hills

Shinnecock/National

Scotland - Dornoch, Brora, Cruden Bay, Isle of Harris, Askernish

Pine Valley/Merion

Prairie Dunes

Trinity Forest

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
  • August -> Streamsong Red and Streamsong Blue

September -> Streamsong Black (opening day) and Oakmont

October -> Eastlake and Peachtree

December -> Seminole and Jupiter Hills

• coolcucumber_1coolcucumber_1 Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Eric267 wrote:

Just FYI the dragon to south lake is easily a 2.5+ hour trip especially on a Friday. I live in Kings beach and to even get through town can take forever..

Dragon is a good course but personally would rather play coyote moon. Played coyote last Friday and it was in great shape although a little slow pace wise (around 4.5hours) and expensive at $145 ($115 NCGA) twilight.

South lake is tough because there are really only two courses, Edgewood and LTGC. Haven't played LTGC since May and it's nice enough but always gets a ton of play since it's the less expensive choice. Best bet could be play Incline championship Sunday and drive home from there up over to I80.

Edgewood is a really great course! Have fun

Thanks for the advice, have a slight change as we are playing old greenwood on friday , edgewood on saturday and dragon on sunday.

You reckon we would have trouble driving to dragon on sunday from south lake ?

Plan is to drive friday from the bay direct to old green wood and finish the round before heading south to tahoe and spend the night so next morning we dont have to drive too much before the tournament at edgewood. Saturday night will depend on what the tourney hosts have planned as things are being finalized.
  • i*windowsi*windows Posts: 2,134 ✭✭
    Just played Mariánské Lázně and Golf Club Kynžvart in the Czech Republic, fantastic golf courses. Next trip will be to Northumberland in the UK
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the **** ball.[/font]
    TM R1
    Adams Tight lies 2 5w
    Cleveland Mashie 5h
    Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
    Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
    MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.
  • NoCautionNoCaution Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Next weekend I'll be in Denver. Planning to play The Ridge at Castle Pines, Arrowhead, and Riverdale Dunes. Should be a bit of fun.
    I'd certainly hate to be left out of the "WITB signature" thingy, so...

Cobra F8 Tour Length Driver 9.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0
    Cobra F8 3 Wood 14.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0, 3/4 inch short
    Cobra F8 4 Hybrid 22° - UST Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap Black F4, 1/2 inch short
    Taylormade P790 5-AW Irons - KBS Tour FLT 120 S, 1/4 inch short
    Edel 54°, 58°, and 62° Wedges - KBS Hi-Rev, with various mods and adjustments
    Custom Black Machine M20 Putter - Matte Black Shaft and Skull Edition Superstroke Pistol GT Tour Grip
    Bridgestone B330 RX Balls (or e6 if I start to lose too many that day)
    Ogio Silencer bag for riding/pushcart or Jones Original bag for carrying
    Bagboy Triswivel II for my fat @$$ to walk more
    All clubs besides putter have MCC +4 standard grips, with the "Align" version on driver and fairway
    Custom VW GTI plaid seat headcovers and towel
    Asher Death Wish glove, obnoxious purple pants with a bright green belt, and a pentagram ball marker to irritate the old men who take everything WAY too seriously
  • kejoal11kejoal11 IYAOYAS!!!! Members Posts: 1,114 ClubWRX
    going to cabo san lucas in two weeks and dubai in february.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]In My Bag[/background][/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]PING G400 Max 9* PX Hazardous T1100 6.5 75g[/background][/font]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]TM SLDR TP 3W Fujikura Motore Speeder TSX 8.3[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]TM SLDR TP 2H Matrix Black Tie 95HX[/background]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]TM P790 3-PW Modus 120X[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Vokey SM6 58*, 50*[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Evnroll ER5 [/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Snell MTB/TP5X[/background][/font]

#insideTMAG 2013
  • SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,879 ✭✭
    Heading back home to Columbus for labor day weekend to visit family... Playing Muirfield Village on Monday

Heading to Kiawah in October with my dad... playing 36 at the Ocean Course and a couple of other tracks.
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • rcb1586rcb1586 Members Posts: 362 ✭✭

Heading back home to Columbus for labor day weekend to visit family... Playing Muirfield Village on Monday

Heading to Kiawah in October with my dad... playing 36 at the Ocean Course and a couple of other tracks.

I've got to figure out how to get on Muirfield one of these days.

A friend of mine is the assistant super at the country club and he has never even come close to an opportunity.

I'm headed to Wigwam in Phoenix in April.

It''s be my first week long golf trip so definitely looking forward to it.
    TM M3 460, Fujikura Pro Tour spec 73X
    TM M3 3HL, Fujikura Pro Tour spec 73X
    Mizuno MPH5 3-6, DG Pro S300
    Mizuno MP15 7-PW, DG Pro S300
    Mizuno MPT5 50.07, 54.12, 62.08, stock wedge shaft
    Mizuno Bettinardi C-03H 34"