What golf trips do you have coming up?

11415171920

Comments

  • Hoolagn18Hoolagn18 Members Posts: 55
    Pumped for my Florida golf trip in 2 days: Bella Colina in Orlando, Country Club at Greyhawk in Naples, The Club at Olde Cypress in Naples, Stream song Blue & Red. Never played golf in Florida so I'm really curious how the bermuda will putt and effect green side shots. Any suggestions for putting on bermuda in general or green side shots? appreciate the help.
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,534 ✭✭
    If I remember correctly when I was in Florida Bermuda grass was like chipping off of steel wool:

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Homax-0-12-Pad-Steel-Wool-Fine-Grade-10121110-6/100159160
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,927 ✭✭
    Heading down to Jacksonville tomorrow to play Ponte Vedre Beach Resort, TPC Sawgrass Valley, TPC Sawgrass Stadium, Oak Marsh, and North Hampton. I'd love to see some great weather, but right now I'm looking at rain and t-storms for two of the three days. Pfffttttt. Hopefully I'll catch a break.
  • marks21marks21 Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited Dec 11, 2018 #485
    Argonne69 wrote:


    Heading down to Jacksonville tomorrow to play Ponte Vedre Beach Resort, TPC Sawgrass Valley, TPC Sawgrass Stadium, Oak Marsh, and North Hampton. I'd love to see some great weather, but right now I'm looking at rain and t-storms for two of the three days. Pfffttttt. Hopefully I'll catch a break.




    Just got back from Sawgrass. Played the Stadium Course on Sunday morning and they received 3-4 inches the night and morning of my round. My tee time was pushed back a bit and the range was closed but with the exception of a few spots under the trees in the pine needles that had water the course was in excellent condition given the amount of rain. Course was very green and in fantastic shape.
    Cobra F7+ Driver 9* Aldila Tour Green 75 X
    Callaway GBB 816 15* Aldila Tour Green 85 X
    Mizuno MP18 SC 3-PW KBS C Taper S+
    Muira Wedge Series 51* 55* 59*
    Toulon Portland H3
    Titleist ProV1X
  • davep043davep043 Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭
    In about a month I'll be headed to Palm Springs for a week. A friend has a home there, stays for the winter, and invites a few of us from Virginia to spend a little time with him and his wife. Not sure where we're playing, but its definitely going to be warmer han home.
  • La Quinta in May. Pinehurst in June. Going to the Wednesday practice round for the US Open. Does that count?
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,250 ClubWRX
    just booked pebble and spy hill end of february; hopefully can add a couple exclusives by then in the area as well.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w, 3w, 5w, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i Accra i100 // Epons 301 4-Pw, Accra i80
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • Streamsong in February. Never been!
  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers Posts: 935 ✭✭
    edited Dec 12, 2018 #490
    Heading to San Francisco for work in January, decided to take a pit stop in Phoenix on the way. I have always wanted to play TPC Scottsdale with the stands up so I am going to play there and maybe a Troon or We-ko-Pa course since I have played there and know I love them.



    I know TPC isn't the best layout, but I think the stadium set up is as unique as it gets when it comes to golf experiences.
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,115 ✭✭
    davep043 wrote:


    In about a month I'll be headed to Palm Springs for a week. A friend has a home there, stays for the winter, and invites a few of us from Virginia to spend a little time with him and his wife. Not sure where we're playing, but its definitely going to be warmer han home.




    How as the Pinehurst Thanksgiving trip this year?
  • HackZoganHackZogan Members Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Heading to Palms Springs in Feb. to play The Vintage Club and Stone Eagle. Pinehurst in March for my bachelor party. Bandon Dunes in July for a buddies 30th birthday. Maui in October, no golf plans at the moment, but hoping to at least get 1 round in. It's been a long time since I played Kapalua Plantation so wouldn't mind getting back out there.
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,115 ✭✭
    HackZogan wrote:


    Heading to Palms Springs in Feb. to play The Vintage Club and Stone Eagle. Pinehurst in March for my bachelor party. Bandon Dunes in July for a buddies 30th birthday. Maui in October, no golf plans at the moment, but hoping to at least get 1 round in. It's been a long time since I played Kapalua Plantation so wouldn't mind getting back out there.




    Uh oh you are getting hitched! Expect the golf trips to come to a halt! image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' />
  • HackZoganHackZogan Members Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Schley wrote:

    HackZogan wrote:


    Heading to Palms Springs in Feb. to play The Vintage Club and Stone Eagle. Pinehurst in March for my bachelor party. Bandon Dunes in July for a buddies 30th birthday. Maui in October, no golf plans at the moment, but hoping to at least get 1 round in. It's been a long time since I played Kapalua Plantation so wouldn't mind getting back out there.




    Uh oh you are getting hitched! Expect the golf trips to come to a halt! image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' />




    [background=transparent]Exactly my reasoning in saying yes to all the trips this year. At least if I have them booked before we are married I am free and clear. I had to make a deal to buy her an LV purse to get the go ahead on the Bandon trip [/background] image/blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />[background=transparent] [/background]
  • davep043davep043 Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭
    Schley wrote:

    davep043 wrote:


    In about a month I'll be headed to Palm Springs for a week. A friend has a home there, stays for the winter, and invites a few of us from Virginia to spend a little time with him and his wife. Not sure where we're playing, but its definitely going to be warmer han home.




    How as the Pinehurst Thanksgiving trip this year?


    We had a good time, as always. Played PH #1 with friends on the Saturday, Talamore and MidSouth twice each, and Mid Pines walking on Friday. We just missed the really heavy rainfall early in the week prior to Thanksgiving, but the courses were pretty wet the entire stay, little to no roll, but all the greens were in great shape. Friday was too cold to want to play, and we drove home through the heavy rains on Saturday. We only tried one new restaurant, the new Pinehurst Brewing, and were very favorably impressed. They did a very nice renovation of the old village steam plant, they're brewing good beers, and smoking dang good meats.
  • youraway2youraway2 Just Old Sticks Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭
    Next week, Dec 19th and 20th, Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Grand National (both courses and the awesome par 3). 60-degrees and clear, hope the weather forecast is correct.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G-400 Max, 10.5, Xtorsion[/font]
    PXG, 15-degree, ACCRA
    PXG, 19-degree hybrid, ACCRA
    Cobra DWS Utility 19-degree
    CF-16, 4-PW, UST Recoil
    0311 PXG, 5-AW, i70 Areotech Steel-fiber
    SW, 56 PXG
    Ping Nickel Anser II
  • benno_rbenno_r Members Posts: 748 ✭✭
    After closing the books on a great year of golf travel, I have booked in to play Cape Wickham and Ocean Dunes in January.



    Have always wanted to go to King Island, and the bonus of having 2 world class golf courses there is the icing on the cake.
    Mizuno MP Type 2 - ADTP 6s
    Taylormade M2 - ADDI 7s
    FLY-Z XL 19 - Attas 105HS
    FLY-Z XL 22 - Attas 105HS
    Ping G30 5-GW
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on rotation
  • rwmck9rwmck9 Members Posts: 24
    Puerto Vallarta in February - 5 rounds at the new Norman course plus a few at the par 3 short course on the resort.



    Ireland in May:

    - Ballybunion Old

    - Ballybunion Cashen

    - Waterville

    - Dingle

    - Portmarnock

    - County Louth

    - Laytown & Bettystown

    - Seapoint



    Plus a couple rounds at the local 9 hole course a few mins from our airbnb. Ballyheigue Castle GC



    Next time I'll head north to hit all the Northern Ireland spots, and a few NW like Enniscrone / Carne / Cruit that I've been dying to play. Also the European Club in the SE. So many good courses over there
    G400 LST (10° playing at 9°) - Rogue limited edition 125msi 60TX
    Cobra F7 3W (14.5°) - Fujikura 65X
    RBZ Stage 2 Tour 2h (16.5° playing at 18°) - Accra HF tour M4
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged (4-GW) - Project X LZ 5.5
    Vokey SM7 54, 58
    Ping Anser 2 TR1966
  • rwmck9rwmck9 Members Posts: 24
    jvincent wrote:
    Planning a trip to Ireland next spring. Plan is to play the following courses:



    Old Head, Waterville, Dingle, Tralee, Ballybunion, Lahinch.



    It should be a hoot. I'm hoping to work my "no terrible weather" magic once more.
    Great list, fingers crossed for the weather!!!
    G400 LST (10° playing at 9°) - Rogue limited edition 125msi 60TX
    Cobra F7 3W (14.5°) - Fujikura 65X
    RBZ Stage 2 Tour 2h (16.5° playing at 18°) - Accra HF tour M4
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged (4-GW) - Project X LZ 5.5
    Vokey SM7 54, 58
    Ping Anser 2 TR1966
  • ceejay81ceejay81 Love that chicken from Popeyes! Washington, DCPosts: 1,673 ✭✭
    I don't think I've posted about this yet in this thread. Got a few tee times set for next July. Getting married in Scotland. So far I have Cruden Bay (wedding day), Kingsbarns, and North Berwick booked. I struck out on the advanced tee time lottery for the old course, but I have 3 days where I'll be able to line up in the queue.



    If I can fit a 5th round in, I'd like to play Carnoustie or maybe Elie.
    Hive Tour Titles: 2
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,927 ✭✭
    Next up is Phoenix in three weeks. Mid-February will be Los Angeles.
  • jwellefson1jwellefson1 Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Randomly set up a trip to San Francisco next month, getting on at the Cal Club and probably gonna hit Harding Park and maybe Presidio while I'm there. I'm looking forward to it, I've been lucky enough to visit 20 some countries but never California! Definitely a good time planned.
    Haikus are funny
    But they don't always make sense
    Refrigerator
  • vernonvernon Hi! I'm Holly! Members Posts: 1,182 ✭✭
    Eight days in Palm Springs beginning 8 February with my brother and the wives.



    Planning on:



    Eagle Falls

    Escena

    Classic Club

    Desert Willow Firecliff

    Rams Hill

    PGA West Norman

    PGA West Nicklaus or a repeat of one of the above.



    Can't wait! Absolutely love that place - looking forward to the day that we can stay longer.
  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,690 ✭✭
    Ringing in 2019 at Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix! Sunny, 60s, and some lessons at what looks like a fine practice complex. I feel grateful and blessed to be able to take a "timeout" like this.
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,231 ClubWRX
    vernon wrote:


    Eight days in Palm Springs beginning 8 February with my brother and the wives.



    Planning on:



    Eagle Falls

    Escena

    Classic Club

    Desert Willow Firecliff

    Rams Hill

    PGA West Norman

    PGA West Nicklaus or a repeat of one of the above.



    Can't wait! Absolutely love that place - looking forward to the day that we can stay longer.




    my folks just bought a nice little condo in Palm Dessert for winter living, took possession 12/1. The wife and I fly out 2/9 or a week, can't wait to play out there. I am getting ready to ship a set out there to stay.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • vernonvernon Hi! I'm Holly! Members Posts: 1,182 ✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

    vernon wrote:


    Eight days in Palm Springs beginning 8 February with my brother and the wives.



    Planning on:



    Eagle Falls

    Escena

    Classic Club

    Desert Willow Firecliff

    Rams Hill

    PGA West Norman

    PGA West Nicklaus or a repeat of one of the above.



    Can't wait! Absolutely love that place - looking forward to the day that we can stay longer.




    my folks just bought a nice little condo in Palm Dessert for winter living, took possession 12/1. The wife and I fly out 2/9 or a week, can't wait to play out there. I am getting ready to ship a set out there to stay.
    Good for you! Your folks are now officially added to my "hero" list!



    This year will be our eleventh trip so we've been very fortunate but we're still pretty greedy.



    Our dream is to be able to head out there on 1 January and come home on 1 April. Unfortunately, that's exactly all it is at this point - a dream.



    But I ain't givin' up on it till they put me in the ground!



    Have a great time.
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,231 ClubWRX
    vernon wrote:

    Warrick wrote:

    vernon wrote:


    Eight days in Palm Springs beginning 8 February with my brother and the wives.



    Planning on:



    Eagle Falls

    Escena

    Classic Club

    Desert Willow Firecliff

    Rams Hill

    PGA West Norman

    PGA West Nicklaus or a repeat of one of the above.



    Can't wait! Absolutely love that place - looking forward to the day that we can stay longer.




    my folks just bought a nice little condo in Palm Dessert for winter living, took possession 12/1. The wife and I fly out 2/9 or a week, can't wait to play out there. I am getting ready to ship a set out there to stay.
    Good for you! Your folks are now officially added to my "hero" list!



    This year will be our eleventh trip so we've been very fortunate but we're still pretty greedy.



    Our dream is to be able to head out there on 1 January and come home on 1 April. Unfortunately, that's exactly all it is at this point - a dream.



    But I ain't givin' up on it till they put me in the ground!



    Have a great time.




    You also!



    They recently retired and sold the place in the Ozarks, and the boat to get this place. They will now spend 6 months in Cali, Summer\Fall back in Iowa.



    I am quite thrilled.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • nandoalnandoal Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Feb - Pinehurst



    #2

    Mid Pines

    #4

    Dormie Club, Pine Needles or Tobacco Road



    ———————



    Aug - Michigan



    Forest Dunes

    • The Loop

    • Forest Dunes



    Arcadia Bluffs

    • The Bluffs

    • The South Course





    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G400 Max Paderson KINETIXX VMT Amorphous 870 Driver Shaft[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylor Made M3 15* Aldila Tour Blue nxt Gen MLT Graphite Wood Shaft
    [/font]

    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]PXG 0317 22* Matrix DEUS Graphite Hybrid Shaft
    [/font]

    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]PXG 0317 25* Matrix DEUS Graphite Hybrid Shaft
    [/font]

    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]PXG 0311XF 6-PW True Temper AMT Red
    [/font]

    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]PXG 0311XF GW and SW KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    [/font]

    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist Vokey SM7 56* S grind / 60* K grind Jet black finish
    [/font]

    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist Scotty Cameron putter Futura 5W / 33 inches
    [/font]


    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist bag - Players 4UP StayDry stand bag
    [/font]
  • dam276dam276 I shoulda yelled two Posts: 582 ClubWRX
    nandoal wrote:
    Feb - Pinehurst



    #2

    Mid Pines

    #4

    Dormie Club, Pine Needles or Tobacco Road



    ———————



    Aug - Michigan



    Forest Dunes

    • The Loop

    • Forest Dunes



    Arcadia Bluffs

    • The Bluffs

    • The South Course




    Just did PH a couple months ago - I’d skip #4 to play #8, Pine Needles, Dormie or Tobacco Road (in that order). Tobacco is a really cool experience if you’re up for something different.
    Callaway Epic 9* (Accra FX260 M4)
    Callaway Epic SZ 3W (D+ 70X)
    Callaway Epic 5W (Kai'li 70X)
    TaylorMade Rescue 11 4H (NV 85X)
    Nike VR Pro Blades 4-PW (MODUS 120X)
    Titleist SM7 50* F (PX 5.5)
    Titleist SM7 54* F (PX 5.5)
    Titleist SM7 60* L (KBS Hi-Rev 2.0)
    Lajosi XP3
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    edited Jan 1, 2019 8:41pm #510
    nandoal wrote:


    Feb - Pinehurst



    #2

    Mid Pines

    #4

    Dormie Club, Pine Needles or Tobacco Road



    ———————



    Aug - Michigan



    Forest Dunes

    • The Loop

    • Forest Dunes



    Arcadia Bluffs

    • The Bluffs

    • The South Course




    Did the same courses you list for AUG in Michigan and though some will not agree I thought Forest Dunes is one of the best tracks I have played.



    Edit: if you get in the area try to play Kingsley Club. Excellent track.
  • 31143114 Posts: 79 ✭✭
    EagleCity wrote:


    Streamsong in February. Never been!




    We've got a group of eight going middle February. Saying i'm pumped would be an understatement.
Sign In or Register to comment.