Scotty Cameron Circle T's?

kgeisler13kgeisler13 ClubWRX Posts: 376 ClubWRX
I'm a sucker for a nice looking scotty cameron. I currently roll newport 2 select. SItting at home I have a circa 62, Golo 5, and a xperimental teryllium long neck collectible.

My question is how do guys come across Circle T putters. Obviously all the pros have Circle T's but how do they get from their hands to the people on our forums or ebay?
KG

Comments

• TPDawnPatrol TPDawnPatrol Torrey Pines Dawn Patrol Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭
    Scotty releases a handful of "Tour Only" putters to the public every week on their website, they're typically gone within a minute or so and then immediately pop up on eBay with a hefty upcharge.

I doubt that many of the "tour only" and Circle T putters that make their way into the hands of the public ever touched the hands of a tour player. And in many cases, the only thing different between them and an off the rack production version is the graphics. And the price tag of course. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    TaylorMade 2017 M2 10.5* driver
    TaylorMade Aeroburner white 3 wood
    TaylorMade Aeroburner white 5 wood
    TaylorMade M2 2016 3-4-5 hybrids
    TaylorMade 7-AW Burner 2010 black irons
    Scratch 53* DD and 60*SS wedges
    Newport Buttonback putter with custom welded 1.5 neck (or any of another dozen I've built for myself)
    2009 Presidents' Cup staff bag with assorted USA theme headcovers
    WITB Link
  • DancingShadowsDancingShadows Members Posts: 162 ✭✭

Scotty releases a handful of "Tour Only" putters to the public every week on their website, they're typically gone within a minute or so and then immediately pop up on eBay with a hefty upcharge.

I doubt that many of the "tour only" and Circle T putters that make their way into the hands of the public ever touched the hands of a tour player. And in many cases, the only thing different between them and an off the rack production version is the graphics. And the price tag of course. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

Not to hijack thread but I've heard you're the man with some knowledge about BOS golf and refinishes. I tried pm'ing you last night but inbox was full.
  • kgeisler13kgeisler13 ClubWRX Posts: 376 ClubWRX
    Do you have to be a club cameron member to get the "tour only" putters?
    KG
    kgeisler13 wrote:

From SC yes. The limited release putters are only available to club cameron members. Seems like the limiteds are gone in an instant everytime.
    I always considering joining club cameron for a year to see if its worth it but its hard to justify spending almost a 100 bucks to spend more money on limited cameron stuff
    KG
    kgeisler13 wrote:

I always considering joining club cameron for a year to see if its worth it but its hard to justify spending almost a 100 bucks to spend more money on limited cameron stuff

If you're into that sort of thing it can be an easy easy way to make your money back plus you just need the extra $ laying around to buy a $750 putter that resells for $1300 (big generalization) but lots of the guys do just that, buy putters and sell them for more.
  • ShilgyShilgy PhoenixMembers Posts: 11,806 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my precious 3x Chocolate '01 Beach loaded with lead tape. I need to send it back and have it refinished.

PING G410 LST 9* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 60S
    PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70S
    TITLEIST 20* 815 Hybrid - Fuji HB 8.8 Tour Spec
    TAYLORMADE BLACK P790's - SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V "S" (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1's
  • Arizonalefty59Arizonalefty59 Members Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

kgeisler13 wrote:

From SC yes. The limited release putters are only available to club cameron members. Seems like the limiteds are gone in an instant everytime.

Wrong, you don't need to be a CC member to buy them.

CT's are released every week on ScottyCameron.com, it's all about being fast and buying one. They sell out instantly and are located under the "gallery putters" tab.
    Titleist 915 D2 w/ Tour GP-6x
    Callaway Big Bertha V-Series w/ Attas 4U-7X
    Titleist 915H 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 85X
    Titleist 712 AP2's w/ X100's
    Titleist Vokey SM4's 52/56/60
    Odyssey Pro Type PT-82
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1112997/az-lefty-titleist-and-cameron-junkie-pic-heavy-11-05-update#latest
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 29, 2017 #11

kgeisler13 wrote:

sorry that's incorrect

you definitely do not need to be a club cameron member to buy a tour putter

only thing that club cameron gets you is early access to the headcover, accessory releases

putters are not released though the SC online store

And you do not need to be a member to buy off the gallery store/site
    Yadi for President
  • TPDawnPatrol TPDawnPatrol Torrey Pines Dawn Patrol Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭

Not to hijack thread but I've heard you're the man with some knowledge about BOS golf and refinishes. I tried pm'ing you last night but inbox was full.

Thanks! Problem fixed!
    TaylorMade 2017 M2 10.5* driver
    TaylorMade Aeroburner white 3 wood
    TaylorMade Aeroburner white 5 wood
    TaylorMade M2 2016 3-4-5 hybrids
    TaylorMade 7-AW Burner 2010 black irons
    Scratch 53* DD and 60*SS wedges
    Newport Buttonback putter with custom welded 1.5 neck (or any of another dozen I've built for myself)
    2009 Presidents' Cup staff bag with assorted USA theme headcovers
    WITB Link
  • I'm pretty sure you can go visit their shop in California and buy circle t's directly from their gallery collection as well
    I do not know if I'd even use it as a gamer if I got one but why not if you spent all that money.
    KG
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,735 ✭✭
    If 100 bucks to join is an issue then a CT is not for you.

Why not just use an OTR?

It's like caviar, Bentleys, Rolex, etc.

Conspicuous displays of wealth. Not for everyone and not really that cool either. And I have a CT.

Matt J wrote:

If 100 bucks to join is an issue then a CT is not for you.

Why not just use an OTR?

It's like caviar, Bentleys, Rolex, etc.

Conspicuous displays of wealth. Not for everyone and not really that cool either. And I have a CT.

I'm a golf junkie so having a circle T would be sweet. I don't plan on getting one right this second my current scotty cameron is working great. I have the money to join club cameron. i just think that this point in my life a 100 bucks could be used wisely elsewhere.
    KG
    I get it. But, that's my point... if a hundred bucks should be spent elsewhere than where should the 5 to 10K a CT is going to run you new go?

There are some great deals on righty sticks on Ebay. I'd never buy one new, for the same reason I don't buy new cars.

And, if I were going to buy new, I'd certainly join the Club Cameron because they get first dibs on the new sticks.

Best of luck!
    Matt J wrote:

I get it. But, that's my point... if a hundred bucks should be spent elsewhere than where should the 5 to 10K a CT is going to run you new go?

There are some great deals on righty sticks on Ebay. I'd never buy one new, for the same reason I don't buy new cars.

And, if I were going to buy new, I'd certainly join the Club Cameron because they get first dibs on the new sticks.

Best of luck!

Club Cameron has nothing to do with the tour putters

It gives you no advantage in picking them up

It does give you the opportunity to buy head cover, bag and accessory releases before non members, but no advantage for putters
    Yadi for President
    BYK wrote:

Matt J wrote:

Best of luck!

Club Cameron has nothing to do with the tour putters

It gives you no advantage in picking them up

It does give you the opportunity to buy head cover, bag and accessory releases before non members, but no advantage for putters

Are you sure?

Don't they release the new putters to the club before they sell to the public?

Seems like the guys on Cameron Collector have mentioned something along those lines.
    Yup I'm sure.
    Yadi for President
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    BYK wrote:

Yup I'm sure.

And he's right.
  • pgagreg1pgagreg1 Members Posts: 670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hifade wrote:

Here's my precious 3x Chocolate '01 Beach loaded with lead tape. I need to send it back and have it refinished.

That is a beautiful putter. I don't see any reason for it to me refinished
  • tgg27tgg27 Member Members Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    Club Cameron members have no advantage in purchasing Gallery putters from the website. The confusion may be related to the Japan Museum and Gallery that also sells CTs on their website. M and G members have a 48 hour advantage on purchasing those putters and I don't think I've ever seen one last long enough to be available to the public.

There are several other ways to purchase CTs both new and used. TCC is the spot to research those sources.

I have owned many CT putters but I have never purchased one that was something I could get from an OTR version. I'm willing to pay the premium but only for substantial differences. Not just badging and finish.
    My ITB changes too frequently to keep up with it here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file