Looking for a replacement for the Pro V-1X???????

wakenwaewakenwae Members Posts: 289
I seem to always go back to the Pro-V1X after trying a couple of the newer balls each season. This year seems like there are alot of potential replacements with the new balls being released. Any recommendations? I guess the reason I'm liking the X is because I don't need a lot of spin ( I found the Pro-v1 spun too much for me), I like the distances with the X and the feel off of the putter with the X is important, short shots with the X produced just about the right amount of spin/stop. There appears to be a lot of newer balls out there at lower price levels that are producing some good results, although price is not a determining factor. What would be your suggestions from your experience with these new balls????

Comments

• jszotjszot Members Posts: 323
    I play the Callaway HX Tours, they are about the same price if not a bit cheaper and I like them. The HX Tour 56 have more spin but I dont need the extra amount.
  • Bite BiteBite Bite ~The Voice of Reason~ Members Posts: 504
    I would just keep using the Pro V if that is the ball that you are use to.

I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels this way when I say "the pro v1 is the best ball in golf right now, durable and excellent playability" ... some of the newer Callaway balls are alright but I still find it easy to rip the covers off
  • longball78longball78 Members Posts: 291
    Try Taylormade's TP balls and try the Callaway ixTour- I played with it yesterday and loved it, but not enough to knock out the TP Blacks...good luck!
  • imsocrabbyimsocrabby inflammatory. in all the right places. Members Posts: 3,351
    edited Mar 29, 2008 #5
    if i had to switch balls......the B330 is the way i would go.

ETA: I play the prov1x now.
  • leekgolfleekgolf Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭
    I don't know what you've tried, so here are a few you might like:

The new Taylor Made TP Red (yes, they switched colors this year)

The Srixon Z-URC

Bridgestone B330

I personally like the Srixon the best, but you might like something else better.
  • The Boom BappThe Boom Bapp Quick Tips are like Poisenous darts! Members Posts: 1,392
    Keep the Titleist's in the bag as long as you can.

Good alternatives are the Nike One Platinum, Srixon Z-UR, B'Stone B330, & the Callaway Tour i that I am seriously going to investigate!!
    Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
    Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
    Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
    Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
    Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
    Titleist Prov1x
  • GiantbearGiantbear Members Posts: 356
    wakenwae wrote on Mar 29 2008, 12:37 PM:
    I seem to always go back to the Pro-V1X after trying a couple of the newer balls each season. This year seems like there are alot of potential replacements with the new balls being released. Any recommendations? I guess the reason I'm liking the X is because I don't need a lot of spin ( I found the Pro-v1 spun too much for me), I like the distances with the X and the feel off of the putter with the X is important, short shots with the X produced just about the right amount of spin/stop. There appears to be a lot of newer balls out there at lower price levels that are producing some good results, although price is not a determining factor. What would be your suggestions from your experience with these new balls????

If you like the v1x and keep coming back to it, why not just keep playing it??
  • BFCBFC Lefty Boomers Posts: 589

According to Golf mag ball test, the PV1X is the second "spinniest" ball out there right now......................

May want to try the Nike both Black and platinum and the Cally Ix.
  • keikokeiko Members Posts: 240
    I play the pro V 1x but not everyone has the swing speed to take advantage of it.
  • BlakeBstoneBlakeBstone Members Posts: 2,415 ✭✭
    I used to play the prov1x but switched to the B330 and love them if you have good swing speed(mine is 118) then you will love them. I have played the B330 for over a year now and would never go back
    My Bag
    Callaway Epic SZ 9* Rogue 125msi 70x
    TM M1 3w Kuro Kage 80x
    Bridgestone j15 cb's w/modus 120x's
    Titleist SM6 52,54,60
    odyssey big T
  • wakenwaewakenwae Members Posts: 289
    Giantbear wrote on Mar 29 2008, 04:57 PM:

If you like the v1x and keep coming back to it, why not just keep playing it??

I guess that the reason is to see if there is anything better coming down the road. I'm not a great one for always trying the latest, greates, biggest and most but you're an idiot today if you don't look at the technolgy now and then. For me I like to stay current by being somewhere behind the leading edge in the equipment area, to see if the honeymoon ends quickly, but with golf balls latest might be greatest.
  • ksavy17ksavy17 Members Posts: 2,624 ✭✭
    TP Red
    ST 190G 9* w/Tensei Orange 70X
    Rogue 15* w/EF Blue 75X
    P790 17* w/KK Black 80X
    V6 Tour CB/MB 3-PW w/PX 6.5
    SM7 48F*/54M*/60M* w/DG Onyx S400
    Spider Tour Black
    TP5x
  • flyhighandlongflyhighandlong Members Posts: 282 ClubWRX
    wakenwae wrote on Mar 29 2008, 10:37 AM:

None, stay with the Prov1x, nothing can beat it, IMO!!!
  • phil75070phil75070 Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    keiko wrote on Mar 29 2008, 04:29 PM:
    I play the pro V 1x but not everyone has the swing speed to take advantage of it.

That is why I really like the TM TP Black LDP. That ball gives me, with a driver SS in the 90mph range, the performance I see my buddies with much higher swing speeds get with their ProV1x's.
  • DBakeDBake Members Posts: 965 ✭✭
    keiko wrote on Mar 29 2008, 02:29 PM:

What is the swing speed to take advantage of it?
    Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 75X
    Ping Crossover G 17*, Ping Tour 90X
    [background=transparent]Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dyn[/background]amic Gold Tour Issue X100
    Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*7, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

[background=transparent][background=transparent]Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400[/background][/background]

[background=transparent]Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400[/background]

Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop, SuperStroke Fatso 5.0
    Titleist ProV1x or Snell MTB Red
  • hometeamdawghometeamdawg Members Posts: 372
    I've heard good things about the new Wilson Tx4 Pro...but I haven't tried it yet.
    Driver--Ping i20, 3 wood--Ping G25
    Hybrids--G25
    Irons--Taylormade Burner Graphite Shafts
    Wedges--Taylormade Burner 2.0 Steel
    Putter--Original Odyssey #5 WhiteHot
    Ball--Original Chrome Soft