Bridgetone B 330 S

Is There A New Version ?
I've wanted to play the B330S except I've always thought the feel off the putter was much more harsh than the ProV1. (I'm a low ball hitter but get a higher ball flight with the driver and irons and more spin around the greens with the B330S vs the ProV1.)

The golf shop I visited today said that there was a new(er) version of the B330S which they had. I putted the ball and it did indeed feel almost exactly like the ProV1.

Is there a new version?

When did it come out?

Is it marked different than the original B330S?

(I did a search on this subject and didn't come up with anything.)

Thanks

Keith

Comments

• KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,802 ✭✭
    So when they handed it over to you, were the markings any different? If not, and it comes in the same box, how do they know it's new?

I know Freddy is playing a B330-S proto right now. Haven't heard anything other than that.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • par36golfdeercreekpar36golfdeercreek GolfForeLife22 Members Posts: 363
    as far as my rep from bridgestone has told me all of the b330 balls are the same as they were last year
  • Konklifer wrote on Mar 29 2008, 05:32 PM:
    So when they handed it over to you, were the markings any different? If not, and it comes in the same box, how do they know it's new?

I know Freddy is playing a B330-S proto right now. Haven't heard anything other than that.

I had nothing at home to compare them to. The guy explained that the marking on both sides of the "TourB330S" was different than the older version.

FWIW-this shop is not a Golfsmith or a chain store. Its a small shop in the Phoenix area that does club work for lots of the mini tour guys that live around here.

I bought that sleeve and am going to do a Pepsi Challenge vs the ProV's later on this afternoon.

I am EXCITED. As I said originally, the B330S is a short game enhancer for my playing style and if the putter feel is not as harsh as it used to be, I'm switching.
  • rsyutzyrsyutzy Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    The B330s was updated last year. It's still the same version this year. The newer version has diamond shape on both sides of Tour B330s. The original B330s had arrows on both sides of the Tour B330s. They must be redesigning the B330s for next year because I read in Golfworld or Golfweek that Fred Couples is playing with a prototype B330s that is a 4 piece design I believe. Btw B330s is the ball I play and I love it.
  • The B330S's I picked up yesterday are very similar in "putting feel" to the ProV1 unlike the B330s I tried a couple of times last year.

A friend that plays the B330s putted with one of his balls and one of the ones I picked up yesterday and felt it was a softer and also noted that it seems a slightly different color, perhaps not quite as white, as the balls he had in his bag.

Old, new or ????

I'm going to go back to where I bought the sleeve and pick up a dozen.
  • feetupfeetup Members Posts: 934
    Am now playing the 330-s instead of a Prov1x and its almost identical.

Not to mention picking up a dozen 330's for $28 instead of the usual $48 for Prov1x's.
    BB DBD 9 Rogue

BBA 16 Rogue

XHP 18* Fubuki 415

MP-64/MP-4 4-PW Px 5.5

Bettinardi SS DASS 8

SM5 50, 54, 58 Px 5.5
    B330S GHIN 6.0