Posts vs likes

augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,901 ✭✭
I just happened to look, and I see that the number of posts that I currently have is almost equal to the number of likes that I have had on my posts.

Strange....or is it just me????
Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
or is it 1514...
I don't remember exactly

Comments

• SetTheBarrHighSetTheBarrHigh DallasClubWRX Posts: 3,933 ClubWRX
    It probably means you post insightful statements that people agree with or appreciate. Not sure if this is some kind of a passive brag though?
    Instagram @SetTheBarrHigh

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-P
    Mizuno T7 52°, Titleist SM7 58°
    Titleist Teryllium Newport Longneck  
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,237 ✭✭
    Or you could be an old **** like moi and post mostly in the 19th hole where posts do not count towards post totals along with other old guys who are total homer 'like' types.
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • Chief IlliniwekChief Illiniwek Members Posts: 2,736 ✭✭
    I barely post anymore but I admit I used to post more and get frustrated when I felt I wrote something pretty interesting or insightful and wouldn't get a like, and then make a dumb Tiger joke or something in tour talk and I'd get three or four. Silly I know.

I noticed certain things correlated to more likes. Getting your opinion in before the first page usually meant more likes, as well as which subforum you post in the most frequently.
  • HoganApexBladesHoganApexBlades ...Be the ball, Be the ball Danny... Members Posts: 2,020 ✭✭
    Augie, I'm going to delete all the likes I've given you...ALL 3 OF THEM!!!
    CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS
  • McCann1McCann1 Tour Player Members Posts: 1,730 ✭✭
    How do you see how many likes vs posts you have?
    Enjoy the chase.
  • prsgtrmanprsgtrman prsgtrman Members Posts: 1,544
    out of sheer pity i liked all of yalls responses.
  • HoganApexBladesHoganApexBlades ...Be the ball, Be the ball Danny... Members Posts: 2,020 ✭✭
    😂
    CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,901 ✭✭

Augie, I'm going to delete all the likes I've given you...ALL 3 OF THEM!!!

For those of you wanting to know...I found a way to hack into the code, and give myself likes....'cause I was ashamed that I only had 3, and they all came from HAB

So, my like count is now actually 3 less...thanks, Gary
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,901 ✭✭
    Qqq123xx wrote:

Or you could be an old **** like moi and post mostly in the 19th hole where posts do not count towards post totals along with other old guys who are total homer 'like' types.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:3802590]
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    augustgolf wrote:

I just happened to look, and I see that the number of posts that I currently have is almost equal to the number of likes that I have had on my posts.

There is one poster here, Palauan Hammer, that has a little more than 1,200 posts and yet has over 10,000 likes. How does that happen?
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,683 ClubWRX
    My post to like ratio only confirms what my wife tells me. That very rarely do I say anything that is worth listening to.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Fellaheen51Fellaheen51 Go Green MichiganMembers Posts: 4,410 ✭✭
    grm24 wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

There is one poster here, Palauan Hammer, that has a little more than 1,200 posts and yet has over 10,000 likes. How does that happen?

A trifle. (Even though the Hammer is a quality poster.) There's one here that has 4 posts and 7448 likes. And counting. He's the smartest poster in the history of the internets.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs
  • jhbangasjhbangas Members Posts: 1,924 ✭✭

grm24 wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

A trifle. (Even though the Hammer is a quality poster.) There's one here that has 4 posts and 7448 likes. And counting. He's the smartest poster in the history of the internets.

Challenge accepted.
  • SixtySomePingSixtySomePing Members Posts: 5,153 ✭✭

grm24 wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

Take Fella for example, he's a high quality guy, so his like to post ratio is very 'likeworthy'....it's just the stuff he says, you have to realize that a guy like that might get 5 likes for every post simply because he says likeable things, right Fella?...
  • SixtySomePingSixtySomePing Members Posts: 5,153 ✭✭
    Qqq123xx wrote:

Great homer there Q... setting a good example...
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,463 ✭✭
    I wouldn't put too much stock into likes, most guys with a lot of them are probably horrible people who just pander to the lowest common denominator for cheap heat
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood CS 400g
  • dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,317 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

I wouldn't put too much stock into likes, most guys with a lot of them are probably horrible people who just pander to the lowest common denominator for cheap heat

341804344.jpg
    WITB 4/30/19
    • TM M1 440 9.5° HZRDUS yeller settings all whacked out
    • FW shopping   (TM M1 3HL stock KK is here but having off the deck issues with it)
    • Adams CB3 4-G KBS Tour 90 molested in a thread here somewheres  (baby blades ready for when my swing catches up)
    • Wedges TBD rockin a OG Snake Eyes EV 56° until then 
    • PING Anser 2 Jim Wells Tour Proto 36"
  • Fellaheen51Fellaheen51 Go Green MichiganMembers Posts: 4,410 ✭✭

grm24 wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

Take Fella for example, he's a high quality guy, so his like to post ratio is very 'likeworthy'....it's just the stuff he says, you have to realize that a guy like that might get 5 likes for every post simply because he says likeable things, right Fella?...

Just try'n to keep the conversation lively. And know where to find padding.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs
  • CommerceTigerCommerceTiger Members Posts: 2,164 ✭✭
    Pretty sure last time I checked Matt the Taff's ratio was pretty impressive.
    Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
    TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
    Mizuno MP63 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
    Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
    WITB Link
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,341 ✭✭
    I must be one of the few who doesn't care if someone "likes" a post I make. Just like on Facebook, couldn't care less. I say what I say because I want to say it, not because I want or need people to like it.

Now get off my lawn, lol
  • MattTheTaffMattTheTaff Oh, I used to be disgusted.. and now I try to be amused Members Posts: 2,252

What can I say?

You freaks on wrx like d'ck jokes and BDSM

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
    Titleist 904f - 17°
    Cleveland Mashie - 20.5°
    Mizuno MP32 - 3-PW
    Cleveland 588 Forged 54°/60°
    Wilson Staff 8882
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,524 ✭✭

What can I say?

You freaks on wrx like d'ck jokes and BDSM

sorry but just a little above 1:1 is not in the upper tier.... haha go look through some of the mega threads here in the 19th hole and there are some people who have redic ratios image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

MtlJeff wrote:

I had to give you a like just for the sake of it

grm24 wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

Hammy is a great guy and can freaking play.
    Forever Changing at this point.......
  • Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members Posts: 15,082 ✭✭
    dan360 wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

341804344.jpg

Is this that 323 lb guy you were talking about?
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Members Posts: 8,538 ✭✭
    Keep in mind that posts in the 19th hole and BST don't count towards your post count on the left. There are some massive thread conversations in the 19th hole, which don't count for posts, but can be liked. Hence the crazy ratios.

Now feedback score is where it's at....but I might be biased.
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • scoteescotee Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭
    Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am