Am I Sacrificing Strokes By Not Following The Exact Sam Putt Lab Recommendations?

Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited Sep 4, 2017 in Putters #1
I know the Sam Putt Lab recommendations are only recommendations and not an exact science. I got a fitting recently. I changed my putter to the recommended loft (went from 4* to 6*) and to the recommended lie angle (from 70*-72*) and I'm definitely seeing improvements. The one thing I have an issue with is the recommend toe hang. It recommended between 30* and 45* of toe hang.

The putter I'm using has 45* of toe hang. While I'm technically in the recommended range with the 45*, I'm wondering would I putt better with a putter that has 38* of toe hang as that's right in the middle of my recommended range? I'm not putting badly with my 45* of toe hang but I'm wondering could I be leaving strokes on the course by using a putter with 45* of toe hang instead of a putter with 38* of toe hang?
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file