ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better. Link to full post HERE

Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

New DT Trusoft?

MinaretsMinarets Advanced Members Posts: 3,826 ✭✭
I have been listening to Michael breeds show on the radio, and the guest from Titleist says there is a new DTTS. He has not said when it is coming out but keeps referencing new DTTS. I just went on Twitter and found this picture from Titleist. Anyone with details? On the radio the Titleist rep mentioned new cover and new core

8e8c3a44d08fd038491b5c3b3de18eae.jpg
Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
Putter: SeeMore mFGP
Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV

Comments

• TheBear95TheBear95 Advanced Members Posts: 418 ✭✭
    They are out today.

http://www.golfwrx.com/470714/titleist-announces-new-dt-trusoft-golf-balls-and-theyre-available-now/

I'm a big fan of the Trusoft. Great fall/winter option.
    Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Ping G 14.5*
    Ping G 19*, 22*
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC/SC (4-PW)
    Scratch FIT 52*, 58*
    Bettinardi Kuchar 2 Armlock
  • ChrisGio315ChrisGio315 Advanced Members Posts: 427 ✭✭
    I picked up 2 dozen of these on Sunday (I think they were put on the shelves early because of a Grand Opening of a ****'s Sporting Goods). Looking forward to playing them on Saturday.

-CG
    Titleist TS2 (10.5*)
    Titleist TS2 3w (15*)
    Titleist TS2 5w (18*)
    Titleist 718 AP1
    Titelist SM7 56*
    Custom Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist AVX

WITB - http://www.golfwrx.c...tb-chrisgio315/
  • MinaretsMinarets Advanced Members Posts: 3,826 ✭✭
    TheBear95 wrote:
    They are out today.

http://www.golfwrx.com/470714/titleist-announces-new-dt-trusoft-golf-balls-and-theyre-available-now/

It is a great ball all your round in my opinion. I have played the yellow one I majority of my rounds this year. They hold greens just fine. Maybe I spin the ball more than most. Thefeel, the color, and the spin all meet my needs, wants, and expectations. I am excited to try the new ball. I hope it is an improvement that matches well with what I want.
  • ob18ob18 Advanced Members Posts: 1,630 ✭✭
    I may try these on my 6 round golf vacation next week but the e6 soft will be dominating the week.
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]10* Callaway XR Driver
    15* Nickent 3 Wood
    18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
    Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
    54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges

Odyssey O-Works Red #7 Tank Putter
    Srixon Q-Star Tour[/font]
  • BubbBubb Advanced Members Posts: 1,298 ✭✭
    I like the feel of the TruSoft, particularly on the irons, but their yellow is the worst looking yellow of any golf ball out there. I realize they are purposely under-engineered so as no to compete with Titleist's higher-priced balls, but do they really have to under-engineer the color as well?
    Bubb wrote:

I like the feel of the TruSoft, particularly on the irons, but their yellow is the worst looking yellow of any golf ball out there. I realize they are purposely under-engineered so as no to compete with Titleist's higher-priced balls, but do they really have to under-engineer the color as well?

Well they could put more money into it but then it would no longer cost $21.99 and defeat the purpose of having a low cost affordable ball on the market.
    15* Nickent 3 Wood
    18* Nickent F30 Hybrid

• Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Advanced Members Posts: 7,693 ✭✭
    I actually like the yellow. Q-star and SS are best 3 yellows out there for me. Looking forward to hearing your reviews boys, since it will probably be some time before the Great White North gets any?! image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Btw, 84* here today?!? lol
    Bag under construction

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
    ob18 wrote:

Bubb wrote:

Well they could put more money into it but then it would no longer cost $21.99 and defeat the purpose of having a low cost affordable ball on the market.

I can't imagine that a brighter yellow would affect cost in a significant way.
    Bubb wrote:

ob18 wrote:

Bubb wrote:

Well I can, it isn't free for them to do it.
    15* Nickent 3 Wood
    18* Nickent F30 Hybrid

Minarets wrote:
    TheBear95 wrote:
    They are out today.

It is a great ball all your round in my opinion. I have played the yellow one I majority of my rounds this year. They hold greens just fine. Maybe I spin the ball more than most. Thefeel, the color, and the spin all meet my needs, wants, and expectations. I am excited to try the new ball. I hope it is an improvement that matches well with what I want.

Disagree. Best yellow.
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Advanced Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭
    I bought them today since the 2016 were my favorites.
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Titleist 913 D3 44 inches also a Cleveland Classic 310 43.5 inches
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
    Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip
    Kinda excited to try the new ones. I love the 2016 model, or whatever the all red box, outgoing model was. Loved the yellow and the feel. Thought distance was pretty good. I’m wondering if I’ll even see a difference in these new ones?
    ob18 wrote:

Bubb wrote:

ob18 wrote:

Bubb wrote:

So when you go to the paint store you wouldn't have an issue with them charging different prices for different shades of yellow because one shade of yellow costs more to produce? Please.
    edited September 2017
    Bubb wrote:

ob18 wrote:

Bubb wrote:

ob18 wrote:

Bubb wrote:

So when you go to the paint store you wouldn't have an issue with them charging different prices for different shades of yellow because one shade of yellow costs more to produce? Please.

With that analogy

Have a good night.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    15* Nickent 3 Wood
    18* Nickent F30 Hybrid

• Break81Break81 Broke80 Advanced Members Posts: 2,020
    The yellow looks like the Rams "Color rush" uniforms tonight. Not horrible.
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • monks66monks66 Advanced Members Posts: 576
    anxious to hear how they are, the times I hit them, they were just too soft, especially for putting
  • NJpatbeeNJpatbee Advanced Members Posts: 1,469 ✭✭
    The original DT Trusoft was one of the best 2 piece surlyn low compression balls on approach shots and around the green. I definitely will give the 2018 ball a try.
    NJpatbee wrote:
    The original DT Trusoft was one of the best 2 piece surlyn low compression balls on approach shots and around the green. I definitely will give the 2018 ball a try.

Agreed
  • kenstlkenstl Advanced Members Posts: 413 ✭✭
    Minarets wrote:

NJpatbee wrote:

Agreed

Agree. I started using the DT this year after seeing a video review on the spin numbers. After playing them, I really liked them a lot and have no trouble stopping them on the greens, sometimes spinning them back. I will definitely give the new one's a shot, hopefully their improvement in the areas noted will make it even better. I switched over from using Srixon, both Q and Z stars, and Vice, and have been very satisfied with them, especially for $22 a dozen.
    Cobra LTD
    Wishon 929 4 wood
    Wishon 775 21 hybrid
    SL Sterling Irons 6-SW
    Maltby 60 Deg
    Arm Lock Putter
  • Jersey golferJersey golfer Advanced Members Posts: 433 ✭✭
    Titleist sent me a sleeve of the 2018 model. They are definitely longer. Prior mode was my ball of choice after seeing Crossfield's evaluation and these will become their replacements. Great ball with a reasonable price.
    Titleist sent me a sleeve of the 2018 model. They are definitely longer. Prior mode was my ball of choice after seeing Crossfield's evaluation and these will become their replacements. Great ball with a reasonable price.

Well, ****, gotta find some now.
    practiced for a couple of hours putting and chipping tonight with the new ball, love this ball. It feels great off the putter, hope to get a round in tomorrow.
    Cobra LTD
    Wishon 929 4 wood
    Wishon 775 21 hybrid
    SL Sterling Irons 6-SW
    Maltby 60 Deg
    Arm Lock Putter
  • HTXBear2012HTXBear2012 Members Posts: 32
    Soooo, does this mean the outgoing model will be on sale? Would love to get an even better deal on these. Huge fan of the Trusoft, and that I don't feel bad when I lose one.
  • dkr1269dkr1269 Members Posts: 53 ✭✭
    My pro shop already dropped the price on the old model to $19.99.
    dkr1269 wrote:
    eh, not enough to tempt me away from trying the new ones first.
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHAdvanced Members Posts: 3,923 ✭✭
    dkr1269 wrote:

A whopping 9% off lol

Driver: Ping Rhapsody 16*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• ChrisGio315ChrisGio315 Advanced Members Posts: 427 ✭✭
    Tried the new DT TruSoft this week on the course and it is an awesome ball. Played it side by side with the previous model and it certainly does have a softer feel. I didnt see a huge difference in distance but I would give the edge to the new version.

Im a believer and this will be my ball moving forward.
    Titleist TS2 (10.5*)
    Titleist TS2 3w (15*)
    Titleist TS2 5w (18*)
    Titleist 718 AP1
    Titelist SM7 56*
    Custom Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist AVX

WITB - http://www.golfwrx.c...tb-chrisgio315/
    Tried the new DT TruSoft this week on the course and it is an awesome ball. Played it side by side with the previous model and it certainly does have a softer feel. I didnt see a huge difference in distance but I would give the edge to the new version.

Im a believer and this will be my ball moving forward.
    thanks! Good to hear.
    Just picked some up. They seem to have a new paint job. More pearlescent than before.
  • texasdavetexasdave Advanced Members Posts: 1,469 ✭✭
    How’s the green side spin with these? And how would they compare to the ball you guys played previously?
    . TaylorMade M6 10.5*
    Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
    Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
    TaylorMade P790 5-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
    2018 Cameron Fastback
    Titleist Pro v1x
    texasdave wrote:
    How’s the green side spin with these? And how would they compare to the ball you guys played previously?

Hoping to find out soon. I played the previous version, along with Ksig and Pro v1 2016 all year as well as Maxfli U6 Tour Soft. . The DT feels softer than all of them, which I prefer. Not as much spin, but plenty. I have spun these back on more occasions than I planned for. It’s my favorite value/ performance balls out right now. I hope the new one meets or surpasses those expectations, or I’ll load up on outgoing model
  • alittleoverparalittleoverpar Cousin Jess Advanced Members Posts: 1,568
    I really like the TruSoft. I tend to spin the ball a lot so I struggle with controlling premium balls on approach shots. For me, the TruSoft never moves more that a foot or so from where it lands. It's not quite as "spinny" on a short pitch, but it's easy enough to compensate for that. I also really like the way it feels off of a milled putter. I've played with it exclusively for the last half of this season and have been pleased. I'll definitely try the new model.
    Callaway Razr Xtreme 11.5* - Trinity X
    Callaway Razr Xtreme 16.5" - Trinity X
    Callaway Razr X MB 4 - PW - PX 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged 54*, 58* - S400
    Royal Collection Metro East Miami
    Jones Utility Stand Bag
    I lost one today in the thick Orlando rough but may try to play it in my remaining 4 rounds we'll see if that happens
    15* Nickent 3 Wood
    18* Nickent F30 Hybrid

• erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHAdvanced Members Posts: 3,923 ✭✭
    Can anyone post of pic of the new yellow version ?

I always like the yellow on the NXT Tour S but the old DT solo and Trusoft yellow had a goldish tint to it which made it appear less bright than other yellow balls.

Driver: Ping Rhapsody 16*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

Played the new ball yesterday and i will continue to purchase them. For the $$, I think it is a great ball.

112 yard shot to an elevated green, spun the ball back 2', and. 175 yard 7 iron stopped within 1' past the divot. I do tend to be a high ball hitter.

They do feel soft off of the putter image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.
    Cobra LTD
    Wishon 929 4 wood
    Wishon 775 21 hybrid
    SL Sterling Irons 6-SW
    Maltby 60 Deg
    Arm Lock Putter
    Played the new ball today. I can’t tell when the ball is on the ground that the color is any different. Up close I can definitely see a more pearl finish on the new ball.

By not playing both balls side-by-side, I really could not tell any difference today in the feel. The ball still feels fantastic to me, as I love a soft golf ball. It may have been a little further. But I do not know that. Purely anecdotal. But my drives felt really good. I played a course I’m very familiar with, but unfortunately played tees that I’m not so familiar with.

I found no reason to not continue to use the spa. The greens were very fast and I stop the ball just fine.
    Played these for 36 over the weekend in Gatlinburg. They do not disappoint. Still can’t tell if they are longer. But love them just the same.

Headed to Lake Couer dAlane tomorrow for 54 holes. Will be in mid 50s. I’m sure these will do just fine.
  • texasdavetexasdave Advanced Members Posts: 1,469 ✭✭
    Picked up a dozen of these and they just didn't work for me. Chipping was hard to control and I didn't pick up enough distance to make up for it.

Guess I'll give the leftover sleeves to my nephew.
    . TaylorMade M6 10.5*
    Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
    Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
    TaylorMade P790 5-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
    2018 Cameron Fastback
    Titleist Pro v1x
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Advanced Members Posts: 7,693 ✭✭
    texasdave wrote:

Picked up a dozen of these and they just didn't work for me. Chipping was hard to control and I didn't pick up enough distance to make up for it.

Guess I'll give the leftover sleeves to my nephew.
    I'm Texasdave's nephew. image/to_become_senile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':to_become_senile:' />
    Bag under construction

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • Cal54Cal54 Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    How do these compare to pinnacle rush? Driving distance and irons? Putting?
    I did not loose any yards in driving between the two. Feel its all TruSoft on irons, putters, Drivers, etc.

3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
  • Cal54Cal54 Members Posts: 74 ✭✭

I did not loose any yards in driving between the two. Feel its all TruSoft on irons, putters, Drivers, etc.

Do find them to check up better when chipping and pitching? Also how are they for putting.

I have been playing the Rush and looking for something a little better as I have improved about 5 points per round. Pro Vs and premium 3 pc balls tend to spin to much for me on irons and wedges.
    I’m a low ball chipper so while it checks a little not much. Pitching checks up more than the pinnacle rush but not like a Pro V1.

3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
  • landsharklandshark Advanced Members Posts: 887
    any comparison between this and the snell get-sum? thanks
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 25,009 ClubWRX

I’m a low ball chipper so while it checks a little not much. Pitching checks up more than the pinnacle rush but not like a Pro V1.

It's not made to perform like a ProV1. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
    Played the DT yesterday again, hadn't played for a couple of weeks. I really like this ball for the $$. The course we played has softer greens, but I find that the ball checks up well. I had a few iron shots with 6-8 irons that stopped within 1-2' if the divots and had some wedges that spun back. I tend to be more of a bump and run guy on chips and a low pitch shot when the shot allows, and I'm impressed with the spin I'm getting
    Cobra LTD
    Wishon 929 4 wood
    Wishon 775 21 hybrid
    SL Sterling Irons 6-SW
    Maltby 60 Deg
    Arm Lock Putter
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Advanced Members Posts: 6,121 ✭✭
    How does the new version compare to old one?
  • North ButteNorth Butte Advanced Members Posts: 9,755 ✭✭
    The old DT Solo was always my go-to when on vacation or any other time I might need to buy a dozen of something at retail price because I didn't have my stash of cheap urethane balls. Cheap, predictable, seems about as long as anything and has a high-ish trajectory which I like. Fairly lacking in approach shot stooping power compared to a Tour ball and of course no grab on little 20-30 yard shots around the green. But decently contollable for a Surlyn ball.

The last two rounds I've played a dozen or so holes with a DT TruSoft I found on the course. I've got to say, for my mediocre game it does a fairly creditable imitation of a ProV1 on driver and full iron shots. On a 7-iron or 8-iron to a very firm green, where a ProV1 might stop a 3-5 feet from its ballmark and something like an e6 or Duo might roll out 20+ feet, the TruSoft never rolled out more than 10 feet the couple times I tried it. That is excellent Surlyn performance.

Certainly not magic. I've had a couple of 20 yard pitch shots scamper away from me in a way that almost never happens with a Tour ball. That doesn't surprise me. But I think the TruSoft is a worthy replacement for the last several generations of the late DT Solo.
    Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Advanced Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭
    I have not played the new one but thought the last generation was an overall good ball. Soft, good distance but did not spin as much as a PRO V. I think a person can adjust fairly quickly. Looking forward to trying the new one.
    • Driver: ________ Ping G400 Max
    • Woods: _______ Ping G30 3 & 5 wood
    • Hybrids: ______ Titleist 818H1 21* & 25*
    • Irons: _________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    • Wedges: ______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    • Putter: ________ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    • Ball: ___________ Snell MTB Red Yellow
    • Bag: ___________ Datrek Lite Rider
    • GPS: ___________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    • Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7
    • GHIN: _________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Advanced Members Posts: 929 ✭✭
    Just bc the word soft is in the name doesn't mean it is.

New version is measurably firmer than last version, which succeeded the dt solos.

Picked up the $6 4pack promo pack.

It's pretty long tho, definitely moreso than last version. So tradeoff. But it doesn't smush off the driver anymore, and feels a little rock-ish on short pitches and chips. Putting not as hard weirdly, but could be my inserts.

I didn't care for it, and I loved the last dt solo and liked the 1st gen trusoft.
    Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade