Bridgestone Tour B Golf Ball Reviews?

123457»

Comments

• ShortGameJunkieShortGameJunkie Members Posts: 342 ✭✭
    GDTBATH wrote:

Bumping an old thread because I’ve never really used Bridgestones and everyone raves about them so thought I would give them a try. After researching online and reading this thread...I have absolutely no clue what the differences in these models are or which I should hit. Grabbed a dozen B XS to give them a try. I’m a low handicap (4) with a low swing speed (roughly 98-102) with the driver. Ball speed around 140-144.

Their “ball-fitter” thingie on the website said to try the BXS so I am giving them a try. Will report back. Right now, I’ve been playing Chrome Soft. I’ve also dabbled around with the Snell MTB Black. Will see what I can find out. Any thoughts out there, folks?

98-102 is not considered low swing speed by anyone or any manufacturer. Low would probably be 85-87 and under. High is usually considered above 105.

Yes their descriptions are very poor, here is how the Tour B line breaks down:

Tour B X: lower spin firmer ball, but will still offer more spin around the greens than most other “low spin” urethane balls. I believe on the box it says accuracy + feel. I believe they say feel because they made the X slightly softer and don’t want it seen as a ball that is too firm.

Tour B XS: softer ball with more spin. I believe on the box it says distance + feel. I believe they say distance because they don’t want it thought of as giving up distance for spin, which you definitely don’t, it is as long as any other ball out there for me.

The Tour B RX and Tour B RXS are just lower compression versions of the above. The RXS is actually one of the lower compression urethane balls on the market, and is definitely the highest spinning low compression ball out there. Believe the RXS is 65 compression.

So yes you are good with the XS but you could play the RXS also if you like a softer feel
    Driver: 2016 M2 10.5* Fukijura pro 60 S

3wood: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 15* Matrix Ozik Red Tie S

3 hybrid: Ping G 19* Alta 70 S

4i: Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal C-Taper Lite S

5-GW: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged C-Taper Lite S

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 54* & 60*

Putter: 2018 Newport 34”
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,499 ✭✭
    I've been a Project A guy and just found some screaming deals on the RX S - and I really like it. After writing off the RX, I may move back to Bstone in the RX S.
    Long Live Nike
  • GDTBATHGDTBATH Members Posts: 125 ✭✭

GDTBATH wrote:

Bumping an old thread because I’ve never really used Bridgestones and everyone raves about them so thought I would give them a try. After researching online and reading this thread...I have absolutely no clue what the differences in these models are or which I should hit. Grabbed a dozen B XS to give them a try. I’m a low handicap (4) with a low swing speed (roughly 98-102) with the driver. Ball speed around 140-144.

Their “ball-fitter” thingie on the website said to try the BXS so I am giving them a try. Will report back. Right now, I’ve been playing Chrome Soft. I’ve also dabbled around with the Snell MTB Black. Will see what I can find out. Any thoughts out there, folks?

98-102 is not considered low swing speed by anyone or any manufacturer. Low would probably be 85-87 and under. High is usually considered above 105.

Tour B X: lower spin firmer ball, but will still offer more spin around the greens than most other “low spin” urethane balls. I believe on the box it says accuracy + feel. I believe they say feel because they made the X slightly softer and don’t want it seen as a ball that is too firm.

Tour B XS: softer ball with more spin. I believe on the box it says distance + feel. I believe they say distance because they don’t want it thought of as giving up distance for spin, which you definitely don’t, it is as long as any other ball out there for me.

The Tour B RX and Tour B RXS are just lower compression versions of the above. The RXS is actually one of the lower compression urethane balls on the market, and is definitely the highest spinning low compression ball out there. Believe the RXS is 65 compression.

So yes you are good with the XS but you could play the RXS also if you like a softer feel

Thanks for the primer. Ended up going with a dozen of the B XS. Solid ball. I found them to spin a pretty good bit. I do like their new cover technology. Would buy again for sure. I’ve been playing Chrome Soft and Snell MTB (black) for a while now. Found these to be in that ballpark. For the price, still tough to beat Snells.
  • pjerzypjerzy OhioMembers Posts: 30 ✭✭
    GDTBATH wrote:

GDTBATH wrote:

Bumping an old thread because I've never really used Bridgestones and everyone raves about them so thought I would give them a try. After researching online and reading this thread...I have absolutely no clue what the differences in these models are or which I should hit. Grabbed a dozen B XS to give them a try. I'm a low handicap (4) with a low swing speed (roughly 98-102) with the driver. Ball speed around 140-144.

Their "ball-fitter" thingie on the website said to try the BXS so I am giving them a try. Will report back. Right now, I've been playing Chrome Soft. I've also dabbled around with the Snell MTB Black. Will see what I can find out. Any thoughts out there, folks?

Tour B X: lower spin firmer ball, but will still offer more spin around the greens than most other "low spin" urethane balls. I believe on the box it says accuracy + feel. I believe they say feel because they made the X slightly softer and don't want it seen as a ball that is too firm.

Tour B XS: softer ball with more spin. I believe on the box it says distance + feel. I believe they say distance because they don't want it thought of as giving up distance for spin, which you definitely don't, it is as long as any other ball out there for me.

Thanks for the primer. Ended up going with a dozen of the B XS. Solid ball. I found them to spin a pretty good bit. I do like their new cover technology. Would buy again for sure. I've been playing Chrome Soft and Snell MTB (black) for a while now. Found these to be in that ballpark. For the price, still tough to beat Snells.

Check amazon for the Tour B XS. I usually only get mine from there. I have routinely picked up the RX and RXS for $30-33 in both white and yellow.
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,464 ✭✭
    edited Nov 5, 2018 #186
    The current ProV1 has been my ball of choice for some time, especially since they have made it much better in the wind. My only problem is that I really don't like putting with it. It's way too clicky off the putterface for me. Maybe this is just in my head, but it seems that if you don't really hit it right in the center of the putterface, it comes off like a dud. I played with some Tour B RXSs today and they were pretty darn good. I LOVED putting with them and I was dropping bombs like never before. I really like a soft-feeling ball to putt with.

A few questions for those who are using this ball:

1. How does this ball do distance-wise compared to the ProV1 and the Tour B XS?

2. How would you rate the softness of the Tour B RXS compared to the Pro V1 and Tour B XS? Is the ProV1 the most clicky, the Tour B XS in the middle, and the Tour B RXS the softest?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,043 ✭✭
    Tried new RX.....sits between AVX and SQT in the 3-piece compressible balls....can't wait to give another round but I could see this as my gamer!
  • kcd38kcd38 Members Posts: 314 ✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:

The current ProV1 has been my ball of choice for some time, especially since they have made it much better in the wind. My only problem is that I really don't like putting with it. It's way too clicky off the putterface for me. Maybe this is just in my head, but it seems that if you don't really hit it right in the center of the putterface, it comes off like a dud. I played with some Tour B RXSs today and they were pretty darn good. I LOVED putting with them and I was dropping bombs like never before. I really like a soft-feeling ball to putt with.

A few questions for those who are using this ball:

1. How does this ball do distance-wise compared to the ProV1 and the Tour B XS?

2. How would you rate the softness of the Tour B RXS compared to the Pro V1 and Tour B XS? Is the ProV1 the most clicky, the Tour B XS in the middle, and the Tour B RXS the softest?

1. I have tested both and for me the tour b xs is longer

2. I would say the order you have is correct. The Tour B XS will give you more greenside spin with softer feel than the Pro V1
    Driver - PING G400 LST 8.5, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0
    3 Wood - PING G400 14.5, Tensei Ck Blue 70 Stiff
    Hybrid - Ping G410 19 degree, Tour AD DI 95x Hybrid 
    4-PW - Mizuno MP 18 MMC 4 iron, Mizuno MP 18 SC 5-PW, KBS C Taper 130x
    Wedges - Vokey SM7 52 F, 56 F, 60 D 
    Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,464 ✭✭
    Thank you, kcd38
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)