2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

TP5 or ProV1?

13»

Comments

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16  8752WRX Points: 1,119Members Posts: 8,752
    Tp5 is a bit softer feeling. I don't know spin wise since strike matters much more, especially off the woods.
    Posted:
    D - Epic SZ | Tour Z Xtreme 465
    4w - '16 Tour Issue M1 | Diamana B 70
    3h - '17 Tour Issue M1 | Tour Blue 85
    Irons - MP-20 SEL 4-PW | Modus 120
    GW - Glide 3.0 50/12 | S400 Tour Issue
    SW - Glide 3.0 54/12| S400 Tour Issue
    LW - Glide 3.0 58/10 | S400 Tour Issue
    P - EVNROLL ER5
    Ball - Bridgestone BXS

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • golfer1ggolfer1g  239WRX Points: 0Handicap: 3Members Posts: 239
    I like them both. Can't really tell much difference
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade 2016 M2 9.5 Tour issue GD Tour AD 6s[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade 2016 M1 15 Tour Isuuse [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]GD Tour AD 6s[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Adams A12 Pro 18 and 23 Rip'D[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maxfli Australian Blades 5-9 Modus 120s[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 48* 52* 56*60* Modus 125 wedge[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty Cameron NP2 Gun Blue[/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Titleist Pro V1[/font]
  • Trap JuniorTrap Junior  849WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 849
    I have played Pro V1 all my life. Was testing shafts on the course today with my TS3 3 wood. Hitting Pro V1's head to head with different shafts in different winds. The ground was very soft and wet and balls were plugging everywhere and I was struggling to find them. Found a Talormade Penta TP5. Never hit a Taylormade ball before. As was running out of Pro V's due to them plugging int he boggy ground I compared the Pro V1 to the TP5. The TP5 went a few yards further on 3 woods no matter what the shaft and the feel felt soft. At first I thought it was the shafts but kept switching the ball and the TP5 seemed to go that little bit further. I'm now very curious about this ball and may try it out and it in play.
    Posted:
  • mcasella08mcasella08  86WRX Points: 19Handicap: 10Members Posts: 86

I have played Pro V1 all my life. Was testing shafts on the course today with my TS3 3 wood. Hitting Pro V1's head to head with different shafts in different winds. The ground was very soft and wet and balls were plugging everywhere and I was struggling to find them. Found a Talormade Penta TP5. Never hit a Taylormade ball before. As was running out of Pro V's due to them plugging int he boggy ground I compared the Pro V1 to the TP5. The TP5 went a few yards further on 3 woods no matter what the shaft and the feel felt soft. At first I thought it was the shafts but kept switching the ball and the TP5 seemed to go that little bit further. I'm now very curious about this ball and may try it out and it in play.

The Penta is a different ball, much older.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.