TP5 or ProV1?

13»

Comments

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,257 ✭✭
    Tp5 is a bit softer feeling. I don't know spin wise since strike matters much more, especially off the woods.
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• golfer1ggolfer1g Members Posts: 239
    I like them both. Can't really tell much difference
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade 2016 M2 9.5 Tour issue GD Tour AD 6s[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade 2016 M1 15 Tour Isuuse [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]GD Tour AD 6s[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Adams A12 Pro 18 and 23 Rip'D[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maxfli Australian Blades 5-9 Modus 120s[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 48* 52* 56*60* Modus 125 wedge[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty Cameron NP2 Gun Blue[/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Titleist Pro V1[/font]
  • Trap JuniorTrap Junior Members Posts: 778 ✭✭
    I have played Pro V1 all my life. Was testing shafts on the course today with my TS3 3 wood. Hitting Pro V1's head to head with different shafts in different winds. The ground was very soft and wet and balls were plugging everywhere and I was struggling to find them. Found a Talormade Penta TP5. Never hit a Taylormade ball before. As was running out of Pro V's due to them plugging int he boggy ground I compared the Pro V1 to the TP5. The TP5 went a few yards further on 3 woods no matter what the shaft and the feel felt soft. At first I thought it was the shafts but kept switching the ball and the TP5 seemed to go that little bit further. I'm now very curious about this ball and may try it out and it in play.
  • mcasella08mcasella08 Members Posts: 81 ✭✭

I have played Pro V1 all my life. Was testing shafts on the course today with my TS3 3 wood. Hitting Pro V1's head to head with different shafts in different winds. The ground was very soft and wet and balls were plugging everywhere and I was struggling to find them. Found a Talormade Penta TP5. Never hit a Taylormade ball before. As was running out of Pro V's due to them plugging int he boggy ground I compared the Pro V1 to the TP5. The TP5 went a few yards further on 3 woods no matter what the shaft and the feel felt soft. At first I thought it was the shafts but kept switching the ball and the TP5 seemed to go that little bit further. I'm now very curious about this ball and may try it out and it in play.

The Penta is a different ball, much older.