Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Golfing alone

167891012»

Comments

• slolaneslolane Members Posts: 4

Playing golf alone is like **** alone, it can be done but more fun with someone you like lol. On the other hand ( see what I did there lol ) playing with somebody you don't care for makes for a very long day.

Driver Ping g400max Distanza shaft
    Ping g400 3w
    Ping g400 7w
    Ping g400 4I-pw Alta senior graphite
    Ping Glide 3.0 52 wedge
    Callaway 58 sure out sw graphite
    Bettinardi studio stock #3 putter
    Retired and enjoying life

• St JimmySt Jimmy Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭

Playing alone is best when you're walking an empty course. Otherwise its usually a very long day waiting for everyone in front of you.

Ping G400 LST
    Ping G SFT 5W
    Miura CB-57 3-PW
    Miura Y Grind 51
    Miura K Grind 56
    Scotty Golo 3
  • titleistektitleistek Members Posts: 70 ✭✭

I try to play alone when it’s twilight. I put on some head phones, get some music going and feel like I have the course to myself. I can work on different shots without worrying about others. Don’t get me wrong I love betting and talking trash and competition but there is something about being out there by yourself closing down the course.

• weavej1weavej1 Members Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    edited Sep 15, 2019 1:25am #335

I usually go out alone..it meets my lack of planning style...wife says I’m free this afternoon , i can pack right up. I was out yesterday w friends to celebrate a friends birthday. It stresses me out to the point i really can’t enjoy it. My cart mate plays once per year, can’t seem to park the cart anywhere that makes sense. Just stops in the middle of the fairway and leaves it....the birthday boy played one other time this year and the 4th i have no idea when the last time he played was. I worry too much about are we keeping up, watching others balls, rembering what kind of ball they are playing.( “ is this your ball?” “ i can’t remember what kind of ball i was playing ). Makes me wish i was out by myself.☹️ It is me...i know it..it isn’t them.

Wishon 10.5 919 driver
    Pure fit Raw ID 4 wood
    Ping rapture 21 degree
    4-9 ping zing with aerotech regular
    50;54;58 ping tour wedges
    Seemore fgp giant
    Ping moonlite bag
  • jak77jak77 Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

I never minded playing alone. I would much rather play with buddies, but I used to play after work a lot at the local muni and just walk on. I was never paired with douchebags, and to be honest always had a pleasant experience.

• FilipposhkaFilipposhka Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

I like to enter the field after a working week.

• FilipposhkaFilipposhka Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

Especially at the end of the month

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file