Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts or PM's. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Golf, Walking, Leg Cramps & Mustard

HatsForBats ·  
HatsForBatsHatsForBats Members  2021WRX Points: 296Handicap: 7Posts: 2,021 Platinum Tees
If anyone doesn't know about it Mustard (also pickle juice) helps quickly relieve muscle cramps. Having walked more often than normal in the last 10 days I just had a leg cramp episode in the office that sent me sprawling out of my office chair trying to ward off the cramp I could feel coming on. Luckily I work in an office that has plenty of mustard as we are in an area where soft pretzels are popular and sales people often bring a bag of soft pretzels and mustard to go along with them. I hate mustard with a passion except when I have a leg cramp. I refuse to try the pickle juice as the only thing I dislike more than mustard would be pickles.<br />
<br />
Many of you probably already know about this little trick but for those that don't hopefully they remember it if they ever get in a situation where they have sudden muscle cramps. I had heard about the pickle juice before but would rather suffer through a muscle cramp than drink some pickle juice. The sales people could stop bringing so may soft pretzels (I can't resist them) but they can bring as much mustard as they want.
Posted:

Comments

• SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members  5933WRX Points: 217Handicap: 4Posts: 5,933 Titanium Tees
    Electrolytes bro... drink more of them
    Posted:
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nitramnitram WestOK, on the South Canadian Riviera Members  5913WRX Points: 526Handicap: -.6Posts: 5,913 Titanium Tees
    Hats, try this. It's an old Amish recipe and has worked for me as well as the quinine pills did in years gone by.<br />
    <br />
    Drink this prior to going to bed after exerting yourself and you won't wake up in the middle of the night screaming for mercy.<br />
    <br />
    Mix 8oz. Apple cider vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon garlic juice, & a pinch or two of ginger. Drink two tablespoons and enjoy a good night's sleep.
    Posted:
    JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra TZ6 65 M5
    Exotics CBX 119 13.5* 3WD & 18* 5WD Accra TourZ 382 M5
    Exotics CBX 22* Hybrid Accra TZ5-95H M5 or
    Exotics CB2  21* 7WD Accra TZ5 85 M5  or
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Speeder 904HB X
    PING S55 5-P Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
    Chikara V1 Proto 51, 55, 59 KBS Tour X (8-iron)
    Cameron 009 Prototype (A010656)
  • FergusonFerguson Members  6026WRX Points: 3,523Handicap: 6.7Posts: 6,026 Titanium Tees
    I shudder to think what you do for jock itch.
    Posted:
  • oldschoolrockeroldschoolrocker Members  5096WRX Points: 173Posts: 5,096 Titanium Tees
    A quick solution that we used to use back in my active cycling days, Alka-Selzer
    Posted:
  • rwc356rwc356 Chicago, IllinoisMembers  435WRX Points: 155Handicap: 12Posts: 435 Greens
    Whoa...... I think the mustard option sounds least challenging. For me it seems to be hydration the night before followed by even more water in the morning before golf - but I may consider grabbing a mustard packet to go with my cheese crackers at the turn.
    Posted:
    Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Sunday Walker bag
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3657WRX Points: 1,314Handicap: 4Posts: 3,657 Titanium Tees
    Ferguson wrote:
    <br />
    I shudder to think what you do for jock itch.<br />
    Ketchup
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX  15243WRX Points: 1,283Posts: 15,243 ClubWRX
    caniac6 wrote:
    <br />
    Ferguson wrote:
    <br />
    Ketchup<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Ghost pepper hot sauce. The cramp will be forgotten quickly.
    Posted:

• SixtySomePingSixtySomePing Members  5348WRX Points: 2,844Posts: 5,348 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members  10322WRX Points: 572Handicap: 12Posts: 10,322 Titanium Tees
    huh..somethin' new. I'll give a try as drinking gin & tonics has taken it's toll over past 1,203 holes
    Posted:
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P stnd. cord
    Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
    Eureka Ca. 
  • SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members  5933WRX Points: 217Handicap: 4Posts: 5,933 Titanium Tees
    On a serious note, I carry Nuun tablets in my bag I generally throw one in my water bottle sometime late on the front 9 or at the turn and try to drink it over the span of a hole or two. Here in the Desert staying hydrated is critical and it's challenging to do with just water and no electrolytes. The Nuun tablets have seemed to help me stay more hydrated then when I was just drinking water alone.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members  15707WRX Points: 4,610Posts: 15,707 Titanium Tees
    For you guys that don't like mustard my wife says try Midol.
    Posted:

Ping G15 12 Degree Driver w/Pro Launch Blue 65S

Ping G10 15/18/21/24 Degree Hybrids w/Pro Launch Blue HY S

Ping Rapture V2 Irons 5-SW Ping AWT R flex

Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

Advertisement
  • MedicMedic Members  9423WRX Points: 173Handicap: 9.1Posts: 9,423 Titanium Tees
    caniac6 wrote:
    <br />
    Ferguson wrote:
    <br />
    Ketchup<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    And for hemorrhoids?<br />
    <br />
    Grey Poupon of course.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
    Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
    Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
    Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
    Titleist Vokey 50*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
    Tad Moore TM-1 35"
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members  15707WRX Points: 4,610Posts: 15,707 Titanium Tees
    Medic wrote:
    <br />
    caniac6 wrote:
    <br />
    Ferguson wrote:
    <br />
    Ketchup<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    And for hemorrhoids?<br />
    <br />
    Grey Poupon of course.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I gave you a like anyway Medic BUT hemorroids and grey poupon????<br />
    I'm doing myself a favor and trying not to picture that.
    Posted:

Ping G15 12 Degree Driver w/Pro Launch Blue 65S

Ping G10 15/18/21/24 Degree Hybrids w/Pro Launch Blue HY S

Ping Rapture V2 Irons 5-SW Ping AWT R flex

Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

• MullymanMullyman United StatesMembers  84WRX Points: 70Handicap: 21Posts: 84 Fairways

Hydration the day before and mustard before going to bed. I also started doing 2 exercise classes a week and do not wake up with the horrible leg cramps that I had in the past.

Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  31008WRX Points: 7,293Handicap: NONEPosts: 31,008 Titanium Tees

Quinine water. But yea. Drink more to start with and you wont get them.

Funny old mans tale that my father in law believes in. Sleep with a bar of ivory soap under the sheets With you. I asked him if still had leg cramps. He said “ sometimes. “. Which left me speechless.

Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Artisan   53 59 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 

• smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2656WRX Points: 1,048Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees

Potassium and magnesium and electrolytes. Also, you need to hydrate to flush the lactic acid from your muscles after walking

Posted:

Advertisement
  • danattherockdanattherock Members  3558WRX Points: 136Posts: 3,558 Titanium Tees

Yeah it's a little known fact but the mustard actually works. But not for the reason most people assume it's actually the pungent taste that distracts the sub conscience. Many cramps are in fact caused by a neurological trigger. Stretching tight muscles more a strain than the exercise in many cases. Sounds like BS to me also, I spent 15 years as an ER nurse, heard it all. But the mustard works, used it myself in last few years. A regular stretching routine, with exercise, would guard against most cramps. Prehydration always advised, if out in high heat, or very ardous activity is planned. But if you're out of shape and get smoked on the course, or starting an exercise regimen, and get bad leg cramps. Teaspoon of mustard to the rescue.

Posted:
  • larrybudlarrybud Rochester Hills, MIMembers  11598WRX Points: 486Handicap: 3.4Posts: 11,598 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • jjunior1212jjunior1212 Members  36WRX Points: 37Posts: 36 Bunkers

Eagles - Cowboys pickle juice game:
    https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/science-finally-helps-explain-legendary-pickle-juice-massacre-dallas
    It's most likely the vinegar that helps with the cramps. #gobirds

Posted:
  • MelloYelloMelloYello Upstate, SCMembers  3934WRX Points: 1,093Handicap: 3.9Posts: 3,934 Titanium Tees

Okay...I rubbed the mustard all over my legs...how long before it kicks in!?

Posted:
    Driver: M3 w. Tensei CK Pro Org.
    Fairway: AeroBurner (3-HL)
    Hybrid: T.E.E. E8 (22)
    Irons: 716 CB (4-Pw)
    Wedges: SM6 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
    Putter: Newport 2 Select
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Los AngelesMembers  6028WRX Points: 768Posts: 6,028 Titanium Tees

On -, @MelloYello said:

Okay...I rubbed the mustard all over my legs...how long before it kicks in!?

Ok, that's funny....

Posted:
    Ping GMax 400 10.5 TPT 17 LKP
    Callawy Epic 5W 
    Callaway X-hot pro 3,4 h
    TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
    Mizuno MP4 4-W, c-taper lite, 105 R
    Macgregor 1025M 4-W, KBS tour v, 110 S
    Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.