Tiger Woods WITB 2017

Comments

• dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers Posts: 13,311 ✭✭

noodle3872 wrote:

Holy Moses wrote:

Jonathan Wall wonders (and so do I), why the Nike badging was taken off his irons but not off the wedges

His TGR wedges are still in the process of refinement:)

Or maybe he isn't needing new wedges yet.

If not now, he will need them soon..

He probably has a large stash of them in his garage as well. I mean he seriously could have got 50 wedges from the Oven when it shut down.

Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w, Ping G410 7 wood
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • sandysandy ClubWRX Posts: 4,996
    Maybe they were going to have TGR branded clubs like air Jordan shoes that didn’t feature the swoosh later on..
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,770 ✭✭
    sandy wrote:

Maybe they were going to have TGR branded clubs like air Jordan shoes that didn’t feature the swoosh later on..

I think we will see this happen at some point.
  • ago33ago33 Members Posts: 2,174 ✭✭

sandy wrote:

Collab blades between TGR and Taylormade would sell out so fast
    Cobra F9 Speedback 9.................................Mitsubishi PO 70 TX
    Tour Edge CBX 13.5.......................................Rombax P95 X
    Tour Edge CBX 18..........................................Rombax P95 X
    Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 4,5................................DGTIX100
    Mizuno MP-25 6-9........................................DGTIX100
    Callaway MD Forged 46, 50, 56, 60........DGTIS400
    Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master
  • GolfGeekLouGolfGeekLou Members Posts: 4

Check out those irons!! Just saw this on Instagram!
    SWEET!!!
  • Big FudgeBig Fudge Fudge Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Looks pretty sweet!
    Fudge
    ago33 wrote:

sandy wrote:

I would purchase them for sure!
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,844 ✭✭
    trhode wrote:

If Miura irons are the shinizzle, why didn't any of the players with no contract (Nike guys) put them in the bag? Just sayin'. Seems like a lot of Mizuno irons in play though.

Edit: Stephen Ames doesn't count. I'm talking PGA Tour.

Because down the road there is no money to be made. Why adjust to clubs with no financial future?
  • astamm8astamm8 Members Posts: 1,291 ✭✭
    TWshoot67 wrote:

Cwebb wrote:

Random question.....does anyone know whether or not the steel shafts that he used in his driver and 3 wood back in the day, were "standard" DG wood shafts.....or were they a prototype made for his custom bore throughs?

Tiger used X-100 in his driver & 3 wood until around 2004/5. I remember Phil talking about Tiger playing inferior equipment , by using a small cc head driver and steel shaft.

His Cobra Deep Face driver and Titleist PT 15 3 wood (circa '97) both took .294 taper tip wood shafts which is what was used in persimmons going way back. Taper tip wood shafts were hard to come by at that time because basically no current clubs used them, but they weren't prototypes.
    edited Oct 24, 2017 #131
    ago33 wrote:

sandy wrote:

Probably not, didn’t drive any volumes of irons he used at Titleist or Nike. Titleist probably would have but they only produced forged irons for a few months when they knew he was leaving. When he was with Titleist was the time that he could have moved clubs, but Titleist refused to sell PT bore thru 3 woods, forged irons, GSS Cameron putters. Too late they rushed irons and fairways to market a few weeks before he went to Nike. When he got to Nike he played Drivers that weren’t available for sale and surprisingly high quality forged irons didn’t sell, probably because of the negative Nike aura. Obviously he didn’t impact enough sales to keep Nike in hard goods. Now at TaylorMade he might move some based on nostalgia of an iron designed by a former great player (sort of like Hogan did for years). He will probably have to decide (if he has a choice) if he is going to play golf competitively or design clubs. This 15 seconds of social media silliness won’t sell clubs, but may be more for his sponsors to keep the paychecks coming.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,535 ClubWRX
    mjbaker80 wrote:

sorry if this was already asked/answered, but, in the most recent "driver" video, is he still using the M2(2016)?

With Tensei CK Pro White 70TX

See my signature image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • fillwelixfillwelix Members Posts: 1,271 ✭✭
    In the stinger vid it looks like he's hitting the UDI
    WITB
    Taylormade M3 Speeder Evo IV 565 X
    Taylormade M2 2016 3HL HZRDUS Black 75g S
    Mizuno MP33 3i Steelfiber i110 
    Taylormade P770 4i-5i Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P730 6-PW Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade MG 52 KBS Tour-V 130 S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58 & 64 KBS Hi Rev Wedge
    Byron Morgan DH89
  • mjbaker80mjbaker80 Members Posts: 676 ✭✭
    Bomber_ wrote:

mjbaker80 wrote:

sorry if this was already asked/answered, but, in the most recent "driver" video, is he still using the M2(2016)?

With Tensei CK Pro White 70TX

See my signature image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

hahaha. Love that buddy! Hope you're well!
  • OPClutchOPClutch Members Posts: 296
    ago33 wrote:

sandy wrote:

Maybe they were going to have TGR branded clubs like air Jordan shoes that didn't feature the swoosh later on..

I don't know about sell out fast. If they do a limited run, that's changes things. But if it's a full run I doubt it would sell out. The blade has such a niche audience.
    OPClutch wrote:

ago33 wrote:

sandy wrote:

Maybe they were going to have TGR branded clubs like air Jordan shoes that didn't feature the swoosh later on..

I don't know about sell out fast. If they do a limited run, that's changes things. But if it's a full run I doubt it would sell out. The blade has such a niche audience.

I was referring to a LE release.
  • esqrvtxesqrvtx Members Posts: 46
    Miura Miura Miura
    Callaway GBB 9.5* Mitsubishi Diamana B Series 60X
    Tour Exotics Tour CB Pro F2 Limited 14.5* Fuji Speeder Evo 2 757x
    Titleist 712U 3 ( 17.5*) Aerotech SteelFiber i95
    Miura MB-001 4-9 Aerotech SteelFiber i125s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 RAW 46.08F (47*) , 52.08F (51.5*) , 54.10S (55.5*) NS Pro Modus 125 Wedge
    Titleist Limited K 2015 RAW Proto 60.14* NS Pro Modus 125 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron NP2 Knotch Back
    edited Oct 30, 2017 #138
    I cannot wait to see TWs WITB at the Hero next month...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • North Shore Golfer21North Shore Golfer21 Members Posts: 318 ✭✭
    Confirmed he’s in the new Bridgestone Tour B XS golf ball.

Confirmed he’s in the new Bridgestone Tour B XS golf ball.

Time to queue up the Bridgestone commercials...
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,478 ClubWRX
    As a TM guy now, is he really going to show up with different irons/wedges/putter, just play TM woods?
    Epic 9* Pro Orange 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,497 ✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

As a TM guy now, is he really going to show up with different irons/wedges/putter, just play TM woods?

I would have to think he'll be in TM woods/irons/wedges and a Scotty Cameron putter for the Hero per the terms of his deal.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • Nic1972Nic1972 Members Posts: 703 ✭✭
    buckeyefl wrote:

trhode wrote:

If Miura irons are the shinizzle, why didn't any of the players with no contract (Nike guys) put them in the bag? Just sayin'. Seems like a lot of Mizuno irons in play though.

Edit: Stephen Ames doesn't count. I'm talking PGA Tour.

Because down the road there is no money to be made. Why adjust to clubs with no financial future?

It seems that Kevin Chappell has some Miuras in his bag now.
    Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21°); Adams 9031 Pro (24°) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
    Apparel: Nike
    Glove: Nike Tour Classic
    Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
    Bag: Nike
    Holy Moses wrote:

Warrick wrote:

I would have to think he'll be in TM woods/irons/wedges and a Scotty Cameron putter for the Hero per the terms of his deal.

It will be interesting to see what TM irons he has in play.
  • JimvJimv Members Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Bomber_ wrote:

cvhookem63 wrote:

Honestly, they couldn't just build him a set of the new blades and put "Tiger Proto" on it? I'm sorry but this is just one of several reasons why this guy is just hard to like. Rory said in that recent podcast "I really don't want to mess with all of that prototype stuff. I don't need something made especially for me. Just give me something that works and I'll play it." Well said.

You must not have been following Tiger's equipment very closely then. This is not new. Everything he had from Nike was custom built just for him (lower cc head driver with glued hosel and irons made specifically for him) and it took A LOT to get him to switch to any type of new equipment. He's hardly the only Tour player that treats his equipment this way either. How much custom Callaway equipment has Phil had made specifically for him over the years?

But Tiger is "hard to like", so additional scrutiny needs to be applied.

Hard to like? I love Tiger. It was a privalge to be alive and watch him play golf the way he did. He held the titles to all four majors at one time. Who else can say that..........

The shots he hit..... The puts he made.... Him and Rocco on Monday playoff for US Open. Who really worked that day?
  • rackemrollerrackemroller What's Up Partner Members Posts: 530 ✭✭
    Jimv wrote:

Bomber_ wrote:

cvhookem63 wrote:

Honestly, they couldn't just build him a set of the new blades and put "Tiger Proto" on it? I'm sorry but this is just one of several reasons why this guy is just hard to like. Rory said in that recent podcast "I really don't want to mess with all of that prototype stuff. I don't need something made especially for me. Just give me something that works and I'll play it." Well said.

You must not have been following Tiger's equipment very closely then. This is not new. Everything he had from Nike was custom built just for him (lower cc head driver with glued hosel and irons made specifically for him) and it took A LOT to get him to switch to any type of new equipment. He's hardly the only Tour player that treats his equipment this way either. How much custom Callaway equipment has Phil had made specifically for him over the years?

Hard to like? I love Tiger. It was a privalge to be alive and watch him play golf the way he did. He held the titles to all four majors at one time. Who else can say that..........

The shots he hit..... The puts he made.... Him and Rocco on Monday playoff for US Open. Who really worked that day?

Of all the reason not to like someone.......those **** custom clubs!!
    M5 GD TP 6x or Ping G400 LST Fujikura Ventus 6x
    Nike Vapor "2 Dot" 15 Diamana W Series 7x or M5 Tour AD GP 7x
    Nike Vapor "2 Dot" 20 Diamana W Series 7x
    UDI TP 18 or 20 PXi 6.5
    Nike VR Pro 4-pw, DG 120 T.I. X100 or Ping BluePrint 4-pw, Modus 120 TX or TM P-7TW 4-pw, Modus 130 X
    Artisan "MT" Raw 52, 56, 60
    Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117
    RZN Tour Platimum or TP5X or Tour B XS
  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ✭✭

Holy Moses wrote:

Warrick wrote:

It will be interesting to see what TM irons he has in play.

I think there's a lot of speculation, and it'll simply be a set of "TW Proto".
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,045 ✭✭
    edited Oct 31, 2017 #148
    Holy Moses wrote:

Warrick wrote:

Irons maybe. If they are ready. But unless there's some new TM wedges out there or they get him into a old set I don't see it. He isnt going to play the hollow milled grinds. Heard it here first.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot

• J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,510 ✭✭

Holy Moses wrote:

Warrick wrote:

Irons maybe. If they are ready. But unless there's some new TM wedges out there or they get him into a old set I don't see it. He isnt going to play the hollow milled grinds. Heard it here first.

The new TM wedges are the worst. If he's playing them they won't be anything like retail that's for sure.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
    INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
    Jimv wrote:

Bomber_ wrote:

cvhookem63 wrote:

Bobby Jones held all the major titles in the same year as an amateur in 1930.
  • dfegan358dfegan358 Members Posts: 96
    I thought he said when he announced the TM deal that he really liked the milled grind wedge. Obviously anything he has will just be stamped TM and made to his Exact requirements.

Surely he will have TM irons and wedges in the bag then unless TM grant him further time to develop his irons and wedges. Could see the TGR blades again