Tiger Woods WITB 2017

Comments

• swgolf12swgolf12 Members Posts: 934 ✭✭
    For all the people in this thread saying he'll be gaming TM irons at the hero, you do realize that the Hero is less than a month away and that he just started bagging these TGR Prototypes right? You think he switched to these TGR's just for the few weeks he's returning to play before TM outfits him? He'll have TGR's in the bag at Augusta, if he plays.
      • 16' M2 8.5* TPT 14 Proto
      • LTD 14.5* Matrix 8M2
      • Vapor Fly Pro 3
      • Titleist T-MB 4
      • VR Forged 5-9
      • SM5 46*
      • SSC Don White Grind 53/58
      • PM Grind 64
      • Studio Design 1.5 Circle T
  • Bdmac79Bdmac79 Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    He's going to play with what is currently in his bag. I wouldn't expect to see anything different at this point.
    TS3/9.5/Rogue 130 Silver 60
    TS2/15/Tour AD-DI 7
    913H.d/18/Tour AD-DI 85
    MP-18 Fli Hi 3/Tour AD 95
    MP-18 4-PW/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 52.8F/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 58.8M/PX LZ
    SC Newport 2 Tour Custom
    Pro V1
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members Posts: 3,607 ✭✭
    swgolf12 wrote:

For all the people in this thread saying he'll be gaming TM irons at the hero, you do realize that the Hero is less than a month away and that he just started bagging these TGR Prototypes right? You think he switched to these TGR's just for the few weeks he's returning to play before TM outfits him? He'll have TGR's in the bag at Augusta, if he plays.

I think he pays the TGR’s at the Hero but it isn’t out of the question to see him in a Taylormade blade. It’s not like switching to the TGR’s was a huge switch. They’re exactly the same as his Nike blades. (Literally. They’re the same iron just marked different.)
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Toulon Austin Longneck Garage
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,499 ✭✭
    edited Oct 31, 2017 #155

Holy Moses wrote:

Warrick wrote:

As a TM guy now, is he really going to show up with different irons/wedges/putter, just play TM woods?

I would have to think he'll be in TM woods/irons/wedges and a Scotty Cameron putter for the Hero per the terms of his deal.

It will be interesting to see what TM irons he has in play.

Andrew Tursky from this site was just on ITR on SiriusXM and thinks Tiger will be using the Nike/TGR irons at the Hero. Also wondered if he’d be using the TM Spider putter. I can’t see the TGR Nikes or the Spider putter in play under the big lights.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members Posts: 3,607 ✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:

Holy Moses wrote:

Warrick wrote:

As a TM guy now, is he really going to show up with different irons/wedges/putter, just play TM woods?

I would have to think he'll be in TM woods/irons/wedges and a Scotty Cameron putter for the Hero per the terms of his deal.

Andrew Tursky from this site was just on ITR on SiriusXM and thinks Tiger will be using the Nike/TGR irons at the Hero. Also wondered if he’d be using the TM Spyder putter. I can’t see the TGR Nikes or the Spyder putter in play.

I feel pretty confident Tiger will probably use his Scotty the rest of his playing career. However long that is.
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Toulon Austin Longneck Garage
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
  • swanry30swanry30 Lights Out ClubWRX Posts: 4,532 ✭✭
    a committee of one is and will pick to keep the TGR irons in the bag. TM will more than likely just see their driver and fw in play - which will need to be fine by them.
    TaylorMade | M5 Tour 9*  | Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    TaylorMade | M5 14* | Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
    TaylorMade | P790 UDI 17* | Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 100TX
    Miura | MC 501 Raw 3-PW | PX 6.5
    Callaway | "Customs" Mack Daddy Forged Slate 54 R grind - 58 R grind | PX 6.5
    Scotty Cameron - MOTO "Encinitas Gallery" Newport 34" 350g
    Bridgestone | Tour B XS

WITB Link

instagram | https://www.instagram.com/ryan.swanberg/
  • S.A. OSOS.A. OSO steady, steady........ Members Posts: 264 ✭✭
    Interesting information and theories about what he might play at the Hero. I am hoping for him to stay healthy and have no setbacks. I enjoy watching him play, good or bad. I think the SC putter stays in the bag forever.
    Driver - M3; 10
    3 Wood - Maltby KE4 Tour TC; 16
    Hybrid 1 - Maltby KE4 Tour HDI Hybrid; 21
    Hybrid 2 - Maltby KE4 Tour HDI Hybrid; 25
    5 iron to PW - Maltby MMB
    Wedge 1 - Maltby Tour Grind MG; 52
    Wedge 2 - Maltby CER; 56
    Wedge 3 - Callaway PM Wedge; 64
    Putter - Ping Zing 2
  • Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Posts: 805 ClubWRX
    mackepa wrote:

. . . I feel pretty confident Tiger will probably use his Scotty the rest of his playing career. However long that is.

S.A. OSO wrote:

. . . I think the SC putter stays in the bag forever.

Ditto

Callaway Epic Flash SZ @ 9º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Taylormade P•7TW 4-PW
    Cobra King 50º, 54º, 58º
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

• DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:

Holy Moses wrote:

Warrick wrote:

Andrew Tursky from this site was just on ITR on SiriusXM and thinks Tiger will be using the Nike/TGR irons at the Hero. Also wondered if he’d be using the TM Spider putter. I can’t see the TGR Nikes or the Spider putter in play under the big lights.

No f'n way will a Spider be in his bag at the Hero. That's absurd.
    edited Oct 31, 2017 #161
    Maybe TaylorMade let Tiger out of the irons and wedge deal. Tiger never really liked them to begin with. Or Tiger hasnt had enough time to practice with the TM Protos and once he does he will use them.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • TG_343TG_343 Members Posts: 316 ✭✭
    I would be inclined to think he uses the TGR's for the reminder of his playing career as well. The guy will be more than likely be pretty limited from a practice standpoint, only makes sense that he uses an iron he has a ton of experience and confidence with. The rebrand on the back now ensures he can use them for as long as needed on a go forward basis.
    Cobra F8+ - 8.5 deg (heavy weight fwd) - w/ Aldila Black Mamba 60-TX - 45"

Adams XTD TI - 2 hybrid (16 deg) - Matrix HM3 105g X

TaylorMade P790 - 3i (1 deg weak) - Matrix HM3 95g X

TaylorMade P790 - 5: (2 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)

Adams MB2 - 6-PW: KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)

Titleist Vokey SM4: 51 F Grind - Dynamic Gold TI x-100

Callaway PM Grind 56 - bent to 55, PM Grind 60, PM Grind 64 - Dynamic Gold TI s400

Scotty Cameron: Monterrey - 35.5in
    edited Oct 31, 2017 #163
    TG_343 wrote:

I would be inclined to think he uses the TGR's for the reminder of his playing career as well. The guy will be more than likely be pretty limited from a practice standpoint, only makes sense that he uses an iron he has a ton of experience and confidence with. The rebrand on the back now ensures he can use them for as long as needed on a go forward basis.

Tiger followed the money as he always has. Doesn’t matter if it hurts his body or he has to plays a club he doesn’t like or has never seen, he’ll cash the biggest check.
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • NorthMNgolferNorthMNgolfer ClubWRX Posts: 301 ✭✭
    TW Proto, Which will be a thinner smaller version of the Rose / Rory Proto's we have seen. He already has them and is practicing with them and they will be in the bag when we see his WITB pics from the Hero.

Full TM bag except for the Scotty.

That's my guess. LOL
    My Current Bag.

Callaway Rouge 9* - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 65
    Taylormade M1 3 HL Wood - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 75
    Taylormade GAPR 2 - HZRDUS Black 6.0 85
    Taylormade M1 4h -
    Ping i25 Irons - 5-PW
    Taylormade Hi Toe 50*
    Taylormade Hi Toe 56*
    Taylormade Hi Tow 60*
    Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S - Flat Cat Tak
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,812 ✭✭

TW Proto, Which will be a thinner smaller version of the Rose / Rory Proto's we have seen. He already has them and is practicing with them and they will be in the bag when we see his WITB pics from the Hero.

That's my guess. LOL

If true, I cannot wait to see the new TW protos. I wonder what stamping TM uses on these?
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,714 ✭✭

That's my guess. LOL

If true, I cannot wait to see the new TW protos. I wonder what stamping TM uses on these?
    would be awesome if he used the T portion of the taylormade logo with stamped 'woods' behind it --

9Wf8sBGk.jpgWOODS

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    718 T-MB 2I / PX Flighted 7.0
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,150 ✭✭
    Tiger with the spider ? Gtfo! That will be the day we know he is either a Manchurian candidate or lost all mental fortitude.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot

Tiger with the spider ? Gtfo! That will be the day we know he is either a Manchurian candidate or lost all mental fortitude.

Kind of embarrasing for the site when Andrew Tursky suggested that. When the ITR guys asked about what clubs are new and upcoming, he stumbled talking about the SM7s.
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,812 ✭✭
    gioguy21 wrote:

That's my guess. LOL

would be awesome if he used the T portion of the taylormade logo with stamped 'woods' behind it --

9Wf8sBGk.jpgWOODS

#releaseTWprotos
    Look at it this way...say the improbable happens and TW wins in his comeback. Do you think TM wants the news to be that he came back and won with OLD Nike irons? Trust me, he’ll have TM woods and irons in the bag. Guaranteed.

• Kid Bro SweetsKid Bro Sweets Members Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Does Tiger even have a full bag contract with TM? He's already using a bridgestone ball so i'm thinking it's only the woods will be TM.
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Ping G400 Max Kuro Kage DC[/font]
    Taylormade 2016 M2 3HL Fuji Pro 73
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Cobra 5-6 F8 HZRDUS Red 75[/font]
    Oven Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 Modus3 105
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Ping I200 5-W Modus3 105[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Nike Engage Wedges Modus 125[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Nike Origin B2-01 [/font]

Does Tiger even have a full bag contract with TM? He's already using a bridgestone ball so i'm thinking it's only the woods will be TM.

All articles stated his deal was for 13 clubs.
    DRRicks wrote:

The question is does Tiger have to play TaylorMade clubs for non-PGA Tour events or even if he does, is TaylorMade giving him so leeway until next year
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • Kylekoz17Kylekoz17 Members Posts: 2,191 ✭✭
    DRRicks wrote:

Look at it this way...say the improbable happens and TW wins in his comeback. Do you think TM wants the news to be that he came back and won with OLD Nike irons? Trust me, he’ll have TM woods and irons in the bag. Guaranteed.

Disagree. Tgr irons will be in play at Hero. He’s Tiger Woods. If he doesn’t have Taylormade irons that are perfect yet, he won’t be using them
    Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 - Kuro Kage DC TX 60
    TI Taylormade ’16 M2 DF 16.5 - Attas 6star 7X
    '17 Taylormade M1 hybrid - Kuro Kage 80X
    Titleist 716 TMB 3-5 iron AMT X100
    Titleist 718 AP2 6-pw AMT X100
    Custom Oven grind Nike Engage 50 sq, 56 toe sweep
    Custom 1/1 Rory Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01
  • JJBonyaiJJBonyai Members Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Oddly, I think Tiger holding off from putting TM irons in the bag is GOOD for TM.

Once he DOES decide to play TM irons, they will appear to be "Tiger validated".
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,150 ✭✭
    Do you really think TM can tell him what to do.? I mean. If he doesn't play TM irons at the hero and they try to reprimand him for it he can alwasy say " I'm not playing junk " which makes them look terrible. Sure it may cost him money. But when you're dealing with someone who has it to blow. You learn to be careful how you handle them. TM will not win a equipment contract battle with tiger. Not in the court of public opinion. They know this and will bow to whatever he wants because of it.
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 

• fillwelixfillwelix Members Posts: 1,275 ✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

The question is does Tiger have to play TaylorMade clubs for non-PGA Tour events or even if he does, is TaylorMade giving him so leeway until next year

That's my guess, they're giving him some leeway until the next calendar year. They probably have a hard stop for him at Augusta, where he'll have to be playing TM clubs at The Masters.
    WITB
    Taylormade M3 Speeder Evo IV 565 X
    Taylormade M2 2016 3HL HZRDUS Black 75g S
    Mizuno MP33 3i Steelfiber i110 
    Taylormade P770 4i-5i Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P730 6-PW Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade MG 52 KBS Tour-V 130 S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58 & 64 KBS Hi Rev Wedge
    Byron Morgan DH89
  • BCULAWBCULAW Orlando, FLMembers Posts: 3,689 ✭✭
    Given the milking capability TM has on site, it seems obvious that they could mill a set of “P730s” for Tiger that are identical to his old set if that is what he wants. As we’ve seen, they can also label them any way you want (RORSPtoto, DJ Porto, RoseProto, etc.), so it seems to me that we could be seeing a “TGRPROTO” set soon, complete with Tiger’s corporate logo/branding.
    edited Nov 1, 2017 #179
    BCULAW wrote:

Given the milking capability TM has on site, it seems obvious that they could mill a set of “P730s” for Tiger that are identical to his old set if that is what he wants. As we’ve seen, they can also label them any way you want (RORSPtoto, DJ Porto, RoseProto, etc.), so it seems to me that we could be seeing a “TGRPROTO” set soon, complete with Tiger’s corporate logo/branding.

I'm sure that will happen , butdoubt they will be full milled. I bet there's still somehsnd finishing.

But for those that think " a blade is a blade is a blade! Wrong !
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 

edited Nov 1, 2017 #180

Do you really think TM can tell him what to do.? I mean. If he doesn't play TM irons at the hero and they try to reprimand him for it he can alwasy say " I'm not playing junk " which makes them look terrible. Sure it may cost him money. But when you're dealing with someone who has it to blow. You learn to be careful how you handle them. TM will not win a equipment contract battle with tiger. Not in the court of public opinion. They know this and will bow to whatever he wants because of it.

Tiger won’t violate his contract. He’ll either amend it or play what he’s supposed to.
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping Vault Arna
    Holy Moses wrote:

Tiger won’t violate his contract. He’ll either amend it or ay what he’s supposed to.

Potatoe potaaatoe. IF He amends it orhas power to do so at will isn't that same as what I'm saying ?
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x