JUNIORS what other sports do you play?

flamtapflamtap Welcome to the Tour.Jr. Boomers Posts: 288
i play tennis, soccer, and run track in the off season to keep me in top physical shape. What about you?

Comments

• wholeinwon wholeinwon Members Posts: 2,236 ✭✭
    I play hockey, hockey and well hockey in the offseason.

Also play in a summer league too.
  • Missinglink08Missinglink08 Account Hold Posts: 375
    I played hockey for 10 years and just over a year ago i quit hockey. I decided that hockey wasn't going to take me into a good career if i didn't make it and very few do make it so i decided ive been playing golf and just concentrate on that and there is many differnt jobs with golf. MIKE
  • BridgestoneKevinBridgestoneKevin Take what you want, not whats givin Members Posts: 301
    i played hockey for a few years, and really enjoyed it. I play basketball forever, and i was going to be playing varsity but i decided to not play and concentrate on golf.
  • animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    played soccer until dislocated my knee 4 months ago.do a bit of running to keep in shape and am always in the gym
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    I played baseball for 7 years excpet I stopped for hs golf, I play soccer in the fall. And I snowboard and snowmobile in the winter and i run not for a team just to keep in shape.
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    Ive probly played almost all sports, Used to play soccer and football.. still play Bball, Lacrosse was my money sport til i quit last year. My team went to nationals 2 yrs ion a row and were undefeated 3 years in a row. I played for a club team that was located in another school district so when the district inducted the team as a school team i couldnt play ne more. This year is the first year my HS will have a LAX team but i dont have the time with golf tourneys.

Dan "goose" image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':birthday:' />
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
  • tanjtanj Jr. Boomers Posts: 664
    FIELD HOCKEY. Not ice hockey. I used to be a great half-back and then I moved to a full back which was even better for me. By then, no one wanted to be goalie so we had a rotating goalie and when it was my turn, we played the hardest team in the league and won 1-0! I just thought I was lucky saving a couple of good shots but I just got better and better every week. Now I can save balls travelling like bullets in the air with my stick. Well looks like I'm stuck with the job now.

Josh
  • RSchaffer29RSchaffer29 Los Angeles, CA Members Posts: 680
  • kkherekkhere Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,138
    i play baseball for my school, but outside i play basketball, football, the very occasional tennis and weird sports like badminton,pickleball,ping pong, etc.
  • italianstallionitalianstallion Bethpage Black - 8th hole Junior Mod Squad Posts: 3,016 ✭✭
    Baseball in the spring. Winter I work on finger excercises by pushing buttons on a device that changes channels on a TV. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':birthday:' /> Helps to keep me in good shape! Naw, that and I do sit-ups and pushups a few times a night.
  • golfer_juniorgolfer_junior Members Posts: 1,152
    PLayed hockey, baseball, soccer, basketball, Water Polo, lot other can't remember all of them now.
  • GolferGal2009GolferGal2009 about that.... Members, Jr. Boomers Posts: 466
    Snowboarding, mainly freestyle and terrain.

Tennis

Used to do karate for a while but my knees started to crack and hurt so I had to stop...

I also workout at this place for golf a few times a week.

That's about it but golf is totally my main sport... fo' sho'.
  • lhsgolfer2lhsgolfer2 Members Posts: 403
    Tennis and bowling, add that to golf and i am basically a jock!!

mike
  • MuirwolfMuirwolf Boo-Yah!! Lefty Boomers Posts: 155
    Hockey during the winters, and i guess since I'm out of high school now it won't be anymore track and field. I think it's nice to be completely dedicated to one sport, but i think you learn some skills by playing everything and developing yourself as a complete athelete.

Adam

O and my provincal track and field medal looks beautiful next to my club championship image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':birthday:' />
  • simmoboysimmoboy Members Posts: 777
    Im proberly going to get bashed from you guys for this but i actually play more basketball then golf.

Im in the process now of trying to get a scholoship to a american high school or waiting and playing ABA in Australia and trying to get a college scholoship.

Brent
  • GeoGeo Happy Geo's Day in the momentMarshals Posts: 7,105 mod
    simmoboy wrote on Jan 13 2006, 03&#58;33 AM:

Im (I'm) proberly (probably) going to get bashed from (by) you guys for this(, optional) but i (I) actually play more basketball then (than) golf.

Im (I'm) in the process now of trying to get a scholoship (scholarship) to a (an) a(A)merican high school or waiting and playing ABA in Australia and trying to get a college scholoship (scholarship). (consider revising last sentence)

Brent

Don't look past Utah when you start sending out your resume--we didn't do too badly by A. Bogut (nor did Bogut by us). image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':birthday:' />

I'm only here to help (and I'll even look over your college applications to help you with grammar and spelling when the time comes, but as way of warning, I'm less constructive and more criticism). image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':birthday:' />

Good Luck!

beruo
    :hi:
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    oh man, Football, Baseball before orthoscopic knee surgery that led to the pickup of golf, Basketball, Lacrosse. Stopped all of em for golf and left football for the spring season since golf is in the fall.
  • RRyders88RRyders88 Jr. Boomers Posts: 684
    Basketball more than golf...then Tennis, Volleyball, Badminton, Football.
    Titleist 913D3 7.5* w/ D+ 72 X Titleist 913fd 13.5* w/ D+ 82X Titleist 913hd 20* w/ D+ 102X 4-PW Titleist 712 MB X100 50, 56, 60 Wedgeworks California Chrome Select Newport 2 35"
  • simmoboysimmoboy Members Posts: 777
    Thanks, yer that wasn't some of my best wrighting but I havn't been to school in a month so I have a excuse.

I still have two years before I send out my applications so hopefully I can impress enough in Australia this year and maybe go to america and play a summer league next year.

Brent
    I play Aussie Rules Footy and Cricket but have given up footy due to 2 dislocated knee caps, still play cricket in the morning golf in the afternoon on saturdays.
  • cjdrcccjdrcc Jr. Boomers Posts: 543
    I play baseball and it is my sport, but I love golf. I play golf alot but I play for about 6 baseball teams and during the begining of the summer I have about 4 going so that kills golf. BUT DO I LOVE GOLF!!
  • csg51csg51 Members Posts: 29
    high school football and basketball
    i play water polo in the off season and basketball but ive played every west coast sport
  • Penguins66Penguins66 Members Posts: 89
    edited Feb 1, 2006 #25
    Like many people on this board it seems, I play ice hockey. Currently, I am out of hockey because of a dislocated patella. Other people mentioned that too...strange. I played baseball in the past; but I am not playing this year. When you have snow for 6 months you need to devote all the non-snow time to golf!
  • Triplebogey16Triplebogey16 Members Posts: 945
    hockey,baseball, used to play soccer and i snowboard.
  • animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    Penguins66 wrote on Feb 1 2006, 08&#58;28 PM:

Like many people on this board it seems, I play ice hockey. Currently, I am out of hockey because of a dislocated patella. Other people mentioned that too...strange. I played baseball in the past; but I am not playing this year. When you have snow for 6 months you need to devote all the non-snow time to golf!

i dislocated mine too!!! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> must be somethin in the water.............!!!!
  • i_luv_golf_i_luv_golf_ Jr. Boomers Posts: 428
    i play soccer for my local club, basketball for the school and I do my own sort of running thing to improve my stamina as I have asthma