PING Vault 2.0 Dalehead Anser (2018 Release)

chiefgolfchiefgolf Members Posts: 39
Caught wind of this putter on a Tour & Pre-Release thread....What exactly do we know about this model? Obviously asking for photos would be a tall order.....but I'm a tall guy so if you got em, bring enough to share with the whole class. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
@CHIEFGOLFOFFICIAL (INSTAGRAM)

CLEVELAND HB 10 | TITLEIST 917 D3 | PING G400 3HY | MIZUNO MP-18 SC 5-PW
VOKEY SM6 52.08 (F) | VOKEY SM6 58.12 (K) | VICE PRO SOFT PREFERRED BALL

Comments

• m_schroedsm_schroeds Members Posts: 469
    I'm most curious about the face milling. I hope they move away from the TR grooves and whatever you call what was on the original Vaults and more towards a traditional milling pattern. Always thought shallow classic milling w/ the Pingman logo stamped on the face under the neck would be really fly...
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Taylormade 2016 M1 @ 11.25[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Exotics E8 Beta 4W 16.5[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Exotics XCG7 Beta 3H 19[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PING i5 4i-PW (46)[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 50.8 F, SM6 55.11 S & 59.9 S[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2 (340)[/font]
  • phelps22phelps22 Cincinnati, OhMembers Posts: 1,902 ✭✭
    edited Oct 12, 2017 #3
    It is definitely on the sales sheet for early 18 just confirmed it with my local shop. Finish's on the sales sheet were platinum, stealth, and copper. Hopefully it will not be just a PLD 1 putter with the vault name but a true Dalehead.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Taylormade Original One Mini 13.5*
    Cobra F8+ 4/5
    Adams Prototype 20*
    Titleist 718MB 5-p
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 58*
    Toulon Las Vegas H7
  • cmb71cmb71 ClubWRX Posts: 1,415 ✭✭
    Gotta follow this one here too... please give us the DH!
    TaylorMade M4 8.5* - Aldila CopperHead X-Torsion 70TX
    TaylorMade M5 15* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
    TaylorMade GAPR LO 2 Iron - Nippon Modus Tour 105
    TaylorMade P7-TW 3-PW - Nippon Modus Tour 105
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 54* & 60* - Nippon Modus 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 6 STR
  • chiefgolfchiefgolf Members Posts: 39
    I've heard that this is a new copper finish they are using on the head as well. The last PVD finish was mega gold.

• Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,444 ✭✭
    Ping hasn't released a nice looking Dalehead Anser in a loooooooooog time. Most modern Ansers are boxy and too square with thin top lines, with none of the flow and softness of the originals. So many other makers do a much better Anser than Ping IMO.

They were kind of in the right track with the TR1966 Anser but the grooves and the awful gold finish killed it for me.

It would be nice to see Ping deliver on this one.
    Fingers crossed they do a real Dalehead for the Vault line.
    Cobra F8+ 4/5
    Adams Prototype 20*
    Titleist 718MB 5-p
    Toulon Las Vegas H7
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,002 ✭✭
    From the above comments, it's sounding like it will be plated which would be a bummer. Hoping the "platinum" is just bead blasted stainless but PING also has a history of complicating simple things.

- Josh
  • croy0021croy0021 Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    After the discussion with a sales rep, here is what I got:

-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup

-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)

-The Dale and ZB will be put back into the lineup

-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe

-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.
    croy0021 wrote:

-Precision milled, which will be more of a milled face rather than the original Vault lineup

-Each putter will be available in 3 finishes: platinum, silver mist, and black (these aren't the exact names but are the same finish)

-A new weighting system is going in as well in the heel and toe, located on the sole. The weights will vary in color dependent on which finish you purchase, but they are interchangeable from 5-20g I believe

-New headcover designs, not that this matters in performance, but they do have some putter covers coming out that are more limited/custom/personalized, which the buyer can choose from

*P.S. I got to hold some of the putters in hand in each finish and the black finish is one of the best finishes I have seen. It has a flatness to it, but still has a good polished look to it. Sorry, no pictures to provide though.

Could you describe the actual head shape? How does it compare to previous Anser models from Ping and some of the more popular dale heads from other makers, like a DH89, 009, etc.
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,693 ✭✭
    So they are moving away from the TR grooves in the Vault line? Back to the horizontal grooves, or something else?
  • croy0021croy0021 Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    Scotty1140 wrote:
    croy0021 wrote:

Could you describe the actual head shape? How does it compare to previous Anser models from Ping and some of the more popular dale heads from other makers, like a DH89, 009, etc.

To be accurate, I have a good relationship with this rep so let me check. And yes the grooves are moving more towards a horizontal.
    There's gotta be more out there regarding this putter! And new insight?

• Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,464 ✭✭
    Price?
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • trying2scratchtrying2scratch Members Posts: 1,053 ✭✭
    I have no clue whether this is close to what will come, but have a sneaky feeling it will be very close to this proto version minus the tungsten weights in the face. From last year but remembered seeing it, finally tracked them down. Slightly different lines and shaping then the older Anser milled line.

This thread needed some pictures anyway so here we go:

post-80461-0-29719800-1459701090_thumb.jpeg

post-80461-0-77934900-1459701107_thumb.jpeg

post-80461-0-25485800-1459701100_thumb.jpeg

Source: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1313396-david-lingmerths-custom-ping-possible-to-order/
  • pingman_24pingman_24 Members Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Not specifically about the dalehead but it looks like the Vault 2.0 range will include Dalehead, Voss, B60, Piper, ZB and Ketsch.
    Ping G400 Max 11.5° Alta CB
    Ping G 5 Wood 16.5° Alta CB
    Ping G 7 Wood 20° Alta CB
    Ping G400 9 Wood 23.5° Alta CB
    Ping Karsten Hybrid 25.5 KS401
    Ping Karsten 6-SW KS401
    Ping Glide 2.0 WS 60° KS401
    Ping Sigma G Kushin
    Great looking photos! Any ideas when we might start seeing photos of the Vault 2.0 Dalehead Anser? Unsure of Ping's release cycle when it comes to putters.

I know they are scheduled for February release. My local shop has an order in for them and they said the dalehead definitely has an old school anser look to it.
    Cobra F8+ 4/5
    Adams Prototype 20*
    Titleist 718MB 5-p
    Toulon Las Vegas H7
  • TheRIGERETheRIGERE Members Posts: 84
    croy0021 wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:
    croy0021 wrote:

To be accurate, I have a good relationship with this rep so let me check. And yes the grooves are moving more towards a horizontal.

Not sure what you were looking at or your rep but I saw them last week when my rep brought them in. They are slicker than first vault fir sure but the grooves have not changed as it’s still the same tr pattern
    DRIVER: PING G LSTec

FAIRWAY WOODS: Taylormade M2 (2016) 3 & 5 Woods

IRONS: Titleist TMB (5-GW)

WEDGES: Titleist Vokey SM6 M grind 54 & 58 deg

PUTTER: Odyssey OWorks Red 7S
  • cmrl1986cmrl1986 Members Posts: 2,354
    Are there Dale heads more in line with an 009 shape with a trisole? My interest is defintely peaked if so.
    PING G400 LST 8.5 w/Fujikura Rombax Type X stiff
    Mizuno ST190 w/Tensei Blue 70 stiff
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 iron w/DG 120 stiff
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-pw w/DG 120 stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Blackout 50/54/62 w/s400 onyx

**Putter Rotation**
    Bettinardi Inovai Armlock 395g
    Byron DH89 Custom Carbon Blue Oil 350g
    Piretti Tour Proto 340g
  • andrieddleandrieddle Members Posts: 1,798 ✭✭
    Would love to see the new line ASAP
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra Fly Z+ (11)
    Cobra Bio Cell 4W (16)
    TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
    FourteeN TC 606 (5-P/A)

Bridgestone J15 (50)
    Callaway MD2 (56/60)
    Odyssey EXO 7S
    [/font]
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,257 ✭✭
    TheRIGERE wrote:

croy0021 wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:
    croy0021 wrote:

Not sure what you were looking at or your rep but I saw them last week when my rep brought them in. They are slicker than first vault fir sure but the grooves have not changed as it's still the same tr pattern

If that's true, I'm bummed. I want me some nice Ping milling!
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    lawsonman wrote:

TheRIGERE wrote:

croy0021 wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:
    croy0021 wrote:

Not sure what you were looking at or your rep but I saw them last week when my rep brought them in. They are slicker than first vault fir sure but the grooves have not changed as it's still the same tr pattern

If that's true, I'm bummed. I want me some nice Ping milling!

+1 on also being bummed if this is the case. I was hoping the milling on the Dalehead Vault would be like the picture of the prototype above in this thread a few posts back. That milling looks like the milling on the Anser Milled series albeit more than likely a more durable finish.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
    edited Dec 20, 2017 #24
    I know I'm being picky, but I really hope the Dalehead looks better than the one pictured above. It has a super thin top line and the shoulders are sloped more in line with the sole rather than being parallel with the top line of the putter. Minor details, but still...

The TR grooves don't necessarily excite me, but I kind of expected them.
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,451 ✭✭

I have no clue whether this is close to what will come, but have a sneaky feeling it will be very close to this proto version minus the tungsten weights in the face. From last year but remembered seeing it, finally tracked them down. Slightly different lines and shaping then the older Anser milled line.

This thread needed some pictures anyway so here we go:

post-80461-0-29719800-1459701090_thumb.jpeg

post-80461-0-77934900-1459701107_thumb.jpeg

post-80461-0-25485800-1459701100_thumb.jpeg

Source: http://www.golfwrx.c...sible-to-order/
    if this putter comes to retail, i'll buy it in whatever finish they have.

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set +1/D) / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• chromechaserchromechaser Members Posts: 287
    edited Dec 21, 2017 #26
    I'll take that prototype in an anser 2 head...or a b60
  • cmrl1986cmrl1986 Members Posts: 2,354
    Anything new on this rumor?
    PING G400 LST 8.5 w/Fujikura Rombax Type X stiff
    Mizuno ST190 w/Tensei Blue 70 stiff
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 iron w/DG 120 stiff
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-pw w/DG 120 stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Blackout 50/54/62 w/s400 onyx

**Putter Rotation**
    Bettinardi Inovai Armlock 395g
    Byron DH89 Custom Carbon Blue Oil 350g
    Piretti Tour Proto 340g
  • FlogzeroFlogzero Banned Posts: 90
    It saddens me that many many other makers make a better Dalehead Anser headshape than Ping. If Ping would make a good 009M/MA66/DH89/DD201/KP1/801 fully milled minus the gimcky TR groves they couldn't keep it stocked.

But no we will get a black version of the 2016/17 Vault line and it will be another flop. There is a reason pretty much no one on tour uses TR groves from Ping.
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,629 ✭✭
    I asked Ping last year to make me that Dalehead putter and was told no. I tried probably 10x and was never successful. It’s sad they won’t make a serious putter because they really could put a dent in the putter market if they tried
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,912 ClubWRX
    UnderPar18 wrote:
    I asked Ping last year to make me that Dalehead putter and was told no. I tried probably 10x and was never successful. It’s sad they won’t make a serious putter because they really could put a dent in the putter market if they tried

I'm just not sure of that. As a club retailer/golf course operator myself, I don't see or hear much demand from the overall golf customer base for Anser style putters anymore. They typically sit on shelves longer than any other style. It's all mallets and high MOI putters that sell with any serious numbers behind them. Of course we (golf club afficionados/GolfWRX type people) love Anser/Dalehead styled putters, but the average putter buyer can't tell you the difference between an Anser and Anser 2 styled putter off the top of their head, and usually even after looking at them.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • ColinKelvinColinKelvin ScotlandMembers Posts: 107 ✭✭
    I'm lucky enough to have something close to what people are describing here in SS (apologies in advance to anyone who has seen the pics before) - and I would still love Ping to release a proper modern Dalehead Anser with light milling to the market - which I believe would blow the competition out of the water. Like others, I fear it will be plated, or have odd milling, or in some other way be not-quite-right, like every Anser release since the Redwood...
    Ping G400 MAX 9* driver
    Ping Anser 17*, 20* hybrids
    Ping i200 4-UW blue dot +0.5"
    Ping Anser Forged 56*
    Ping Pal 5BZ BeNi

Putter bench: Ping Ketsch 400g CB adj / Ping Wack-E IN / Ping Redwood Anser Prototype