PING Vault 2.0 Dalehead Anser (2018 Release)

Comments

• gentlesgentles Members Posts: 1,849 ✭✭
    chris975d wrote:

UnderPar18 wrote:
    I asked Ping last year to make me that Dalehead putter and was told no. I tried probably 10x and was never successful. It’s sad they won’t make a serious putter because they really could put a dent in the putter market if they tried

I'm just not sure of that. As a club retailer/golf course operator myself, I don't see or hear much demand from the overall golf customer base for Anser style putters anymore. They typically sit on shelves longer than any other style. It's all mallets and high MOI putters that sell with any serious numbers behind them. Of course we (golf club afficionados/GolfWRX type people) love Anser/Dalehead styled putters, but the average putter buyer can't tell you the difference between an Anser and Anser 2 styled putter off the top of their head, and usually even after looking at them.

Agree with this fully. My buddies might say "hey you're using a blade putter instead of a mallet" or maybe even "that putter has an insert on the face instead of being just metal". They definitely aren't saying "hey that putter looks like it has rounded bumpers and a slightly thicker topline".

That said, I could see this working if PING using the marketing angle of "the same head shape that you could only get on the PGA tour before"...or something along those lines to say that this is the same headshape as the 009 model without a direct comparison to Scotty.

I'll definitely check it out in stores...I love my Anser 5 milled, so it will be hard to knock that out!
    Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Taylormade 2016 M2 DF 3hl Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Callaway Apex 20* Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Taylormade RSI UDI 4i DG AMT x100
    Taylormade P770 5-P DG AMT x100
    Ping Glide 51,55, 59 DG S400
    Ping Anser Milled 5

On the bench/testing: G400 LST, Callaway 3deep, Cobra LTD 3-4, Callaway Apex 23*, UDI 2 and 3 irons, Ping Glide 53, PM Grind 64
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,628 ✭✭
    chris975d wrote:

UnderPar18 wrote:
    I asked Ping last year to make me that Dalehead putter and was told no. I tried probably 10x and was never successful. It’s sad they won’t make a serious putter because they really could put a dent in the putter market if they tried

I'm just not sure of that. As a club retailer/golf course operator myself, I don't see or hear much demand from the overall golf customer base for Anser style putters anymore. They typically sit on shelves longer than any other style. It's all mallets and high MOI putters that sell with any serious numbers behind them. Of course we (golf club afficionados/GolfWRX type people) love Anser/Dalehead styled putters, but the average putter buyer can't tell you the difference between an Anser and Anser 2 styled putter off the top of their head, and usually even after looking at them.

When I said putter market I meant specifically regarding that style putter (my apologies for being very vague). I think a quality milled Dalehead from Ping would make a dent in the Dalehead putter market. That includes customs. Imagine if Ping allowed you to customize a Dalehead with the following:

Headweight

Finish

Milling

Site Lines

I know if done right I wouldn’t consider a custom from anybody else. Maybe that’s just me.
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,894 ClubWRX
    UnderPar18 wrote:
    chris975d wrote:

UnderPar18 wrote:

When I said putter market I meant specifically regarding that style putter (my apologies for being very vague). I think a quality milled Dalehead from Ping would make a dent in the Dalehead putter market. That includes customs. Imagine if Ping allowed you to customize a Dalehead with the following:

Headweight

Finish

Milling

Site Lines

I know if done right I wouldn’t consider a custom from anybody else. Maybe that’s just me.

I kind of assumed you meant that actually. My point was that the Dalehead market just isn't that big of a market. Very, very few golfers (overall golf population, not the 1% that the members of this site comprise) aren't looking for that anymore. So it has to be worth PING's investment in setting that up, and I just don't think the sales numbers/data support that it would be.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,173 ✭✭

I'm lucky enough to have something close to what people are describing here in SS (apologies in advance to anyone who has seen the pics before) - and I would still love Ping to release a proper modern Dalehead Anser with light milling to the market - which I believe would blow the competition out of the water. Like others, I fear it will be plated, or have odd milling, or in some other way be not-quite-right, like every Anser release since the Redwood...

Beautiful! Love to have that in a leftie.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • croy0021croy0021 Members Posts: 284 ✭✭
    fbb7226ba51d8817147afb514c8768bc.jpg

ec65e81c54b286c9aeb4a48e6582039e.jpg

These are the ZB and Dale Head
  • Hjosh7_Hjosh7_ Members Posts: 256 ✭✭
    croy0021 wrote:

I’m kinda disappointed in the flange line on the Dale head. I wonder if there’s any chance they will sell one without a line.
    WITB:
    TaylorMade M1(2016) 9.5° - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70 Stiff
    TaylorMade Aeroburner 16.5° - Matrix White Tie 70X4 Stiff
    PING G30 17°/22° Hybrids - PING TFC 419H Stiff
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 5-PW - True Temper DG Pro S300
    Cleveland RTX 3 50°/54°/60° - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge
    Nike Method Matter B2-01 - Flatso 1.0 - 35.25"
    Top Flite Gamer Tour

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
  • PingGuy68PingGuy68 Members Posts: 345 ✭✭
    croy0021 wrote:

Where's the pic of the copper?
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]G LST Driver
    G400 5 Wood
    Anser 20/23 Hyb
    iE1 5-U
    Glide 56/60
    Anser Milled 0[/font]
    Can't wait to see all the angles. I'm actually glad they put a line on the Daleheads . No line putters and me are not a good fit.

Ping G400 9°
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • dciccorittidciccoritti An inch an hour, 2 feet a day Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭
    lawsonman wrote:

Can't wait to see all the angles. I'm actually glad they put a line on the Daleheads . No line putters and me are not a good fit.

I'm the same. Looking forward to seeing the copper version.
  • HiSpeed48HiSpeed48 Members Posts: 2,101 ✭✭
    These look promising
    Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue
    TEE XCG7 15*
    Srixon Z545 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*
    John Byron DaleHead 2
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 2,981 ✭✭
    Does the new Dalehead come with weights in the sole and if so, what's with the copper color?

- Josh
  • Mr. HoganMr. Hogan Members Posts: 1,294 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2018 #43
    I'm looking forward to more pics of the Dalehead.
    USGA - Unusually Stupid Governance Association
  • cmrl1986cmrl1986 Members Posts: 2,354
    PingGuy68 wrote:

croy0021 wrote:

Where's the pic of the copper?

Ya need to see more of the dalehead before I make any kind of decision on it. Can't really tell a whole lot from that pic.
    PING G400 LST 8.5 w/Fujikura Rombax Type X stiff
    Mizuno ST190 w/Tensei Blue 70 stiff
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 iron w/DG 120 stiff
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-pw w/DG 120 stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Blackout 50/54/62 w/s400 onyx

**Putter Rotation**
    Bettinardi Inovai Armlock 395g
    Byron DH89 Custom Carbon Blue Oil 350g
    Piretti Tour Proto 340g
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,133 ✭✭
    seems like a rather thick topline --?

2017 Tour Issue M1 460 / 9.2* / Rogue 130 Silver 70TX tipped 1"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    SC Kombi-s / 35.5"

• IvyguyIvyguy Members Posts: 1,408 ✭✭
    gioguy21 wrote:

That’s part of the Anser Dale Head look.
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,133 ✭✭
    Ivyguy wrote:

gioguy21 wrote:

That's part of the Anser Dale Head look.
    ...understandably so, i meant, isn't it a bit thick to other people's eyes, or just the photo...?

2017 Tour Issue M1 460 / 9.2* / Rogue 130 Silver 70TX tipped 1"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    SC Kombi-s / 35.5"

• HiSpeed48HiSpeed48 Members Posts: 2,101 ✭✭
    I'm liking this special edition putter cover that's on the website:
    Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue
    TEE XCG7 15*
    Srixon Z545 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*
    John Byron DaleHead 2
  • FlashNoonanFlashNoonan Members Posts: 126 ✭✭
    I'm hoping we can custom order these without the grooves. I've never been a fan of the newer TR grooves. Can't wait to see the copper versions.
    My Current WITB:
    Ping G LS Tec 9° -  UST ProForce V2 @ 44.5"
    Ping G 5 Wood @ 16.5° - Project X Even Flow Blue 65
    Ping G 7 Wood @ 21.5° - Project X Even Flow Blue 75
    Ping i200 (5-PW) - KBS Tour Stiff + 1/2"
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth -50°/ 54° /58°- TT Dynamic Gold + 1/2"
    Ping Anser TR1966 - 35"
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,405 ✭✭
    Ivyguy wrote:

gioguy21 wrote:

That’s part of the Anser Dale Head look.

I was actually hoping the top line would be even thicker. It looks a bit thinner than my DH89’s.
  • IvyguyIvyguy Members Posts: 1,408 ✭✭
    gioguy21 wrote:

Ivyguy wrote:

gioguy21 wrote:

That's part of the Anser Dale Head look.
    ...understandably so, i meant, isn't it a bit thick to other people's eyes, or just the photo...?

Might be the finish. Also, the cg/cad type photo that they use is kinda wonky with the artificial lighting.
  • trying2scratchtrying2scratch Members Posts: 1,053 ✭✭
    Thanks for the pics! Going from these I doubt there are options for sightline and face milling... unfortunately image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
    And Ping fails yet again....
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,686 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2018 #54
    I wouldn't call it a fail. Three different finishes on a milled putter is pretty impressive for the price point. At least wait and see real pictures.

Although I will say I was hoping they would expand the PVD fully-custom line for 2018.

• Homerun2BirdieHomerun2Birdie Members Posts: 853 ✭✭
    UnderPar18 wrote:

haha see's AH picture - Writes it off completely. Decisive, I like it.
    - TM

DRIVER: Callaway Rogue SZ 9°– Fujikura ATMOS Black 8x
    3 WOOD: TEE EX9 Tour 13° – Fujikura ATMOS Red 8X
    5 WOOD: Cobra F6 Baffler 16° – Aldila Tour Green 95 X-Stiff
    3 HYBRID: Cobra KING F7 19° – Aldila Tour Green 105 X-Stiff
    IRONS (4-P): Callaway Apex Pro '19 – KBS $-Taper 130 X-Stiff
    WEDGES: Scor 4161 52° + Vokey Low Bounce K 58° – N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 130 X-Stiff
    PUTTER: Evnroll ER2
    UnderPar18 wrote:

Yea, the rest of the OEM's wish they failed as much as Ping. image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Ping G400 9°
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • paydon9paydon9 Members Posts: 85 ✭✭
    croy0021 wrote:

I'm kinda disappointed in the flange line on the Dale head. I wonder if there's any chance they will sell one without a line.

Thanks for the pics! Going from these I doubt there are options for sightline and face milling... unfortunately image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

The previous Vault putters were available with the sight line options through retailers such as Morton's, so I would have to imagine that we will also have the option to customize on the new range as well. Be willing to bet that you are SOL on the milling though.
    PING G400 9* | Tour 65 Stiff
    PING G 3W | Grafalloy ProLaunce Blue Supercharged Stiff
    PING G30 5W | Tour 85 Regular
    Cleveland HiBore XLS 4 Hybrid
    PING G400 5-UW | Nippon Modus3 105 Stiff
    PING Glide 2.0 54* ES
    PING Glide 2.0 58* ES
    PING Glide 60* TS
    PING Vault VOSS
    lawsonman wrote:

UnderPar18 wrote:

Yea, the rest of the OEM's wish they failed as much as Ping. image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

When others companies make a better Dalehead than you and your the original... yeah I would say you failed. Look at the Dalehead they made for Lingmerth... that’s a Dalehead, not this cheap ****.
  • MattMoMattMo Members Posts: 2,366 ✭✭
    The fail, IMO, is yet another line with TR grooves. I’ve been saving my pennies in anticipation for the Dalehead 2.0, but with the TR grooves, I think I’ll pass. I can maybe get with TR grooves on a cast putter, but not a milled one. Kills the feel.

Ping G400 Max 10.5* w/ Rogue Black
    Ping G25 4W w/ TFC
    Ping G25 20* Hybrid w/ TFC
    Ping ie1 4-U w/ CFS
    Ping Glide 54* WS
    Ping Glide Stealth 58* ES
    Ping BeNi Scottsdale Anser
    UnderPar18 wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

UnderPar18 wrote:

When others companies make a better Dalehead than you and your the original... yeah I would say you failed. Look at the Dalehead they made for Lingmerth... that's a Dalehead, not this cheap ****.

Ping knows most of the golfing public ain't gonna pay for a putter like that.

Ping G400 9°
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black