New Cobra CBs/MBs Coming Spring 2018

Comments

• Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    Back when I worked retail, certain manufacturers would run sales promotions and you could get a little cash or gift cards for selling certain products. You better believe we pushed and had the ones on full display that gave us the most cheddar. This was with marine electronics and high end appliances. Got to imagine it's the same for golf clubs. And the way Cobra handles their marketing, I bet they didn't hardly give scratch to the sales folks, so they moved them out the way and didn't push the sales.
    Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • SefSef Members Posts: 899 ✭✭
    Yeah, PGATSS sales people were getting spiffs on the Epic, $25/ preorder or something like that. I was there when the sales manager was paying them.
    Ping G400 Max - Speeder Evolution IV 757 X
    TEE CBX - Diamana S+ 70TX
    Cobra King Utility - AD DI 95X
    Ping i210 4-9 - DG X100
    Glide 2.0 Stealth 46, 51, 56, and 60 - DG X100
    Cameron & Crown M1
    I was going to say spiffs, but didn't know if folks would know what I was talking about. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Current Bag:

• USGA22USGA22 Members Posts: 191 ✭✭
    I was in the local DSG, and the "the golf guy" told me starting next golf season they were only carrying TM, Callaway, PING and select stores get Titleist. He
    They already are at the DSG that I have been to. All the other brands are in a bucket with orange stickers. They also seem to have stopped carrying women's clubs as they are all in the same bin and I don't see any new ladies on the racks.
    Current Bag:

• The GeneralThe General Members Posts: 1,713 ✭✭
    pictures or rumblings?
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    Hopes and dreams. I’m playing mine tomorrow. Put the mizunos away for a dau
    for an iron that's coming out in a few months and we haven't seen a picture, that's pretty rare. No 2018 Cobra catalog with some new iron offerings?
  • JunglelandJungleland Members Posts: 425 ✭✭
    Is the King Forged Tec being refreshed for '18 or is that one gone?
  • mrmikeacmrmikeac Members Posts: 365 ✭✭
    DRRicks wrote:

chch3 wrote:

ex0dus wrote:

I went to GG today and they didn't even have any Cobra woods image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Golf Galaxy and Dicks have stopped carrying Cobra clubs.

****'s, in particular, used to give them the worst retail space...shoved in a corner, against a wall...then they wonder why they have trouble selling. Marketing and product placement matter.

****’s is not discontinuing Cobra, they have new cobra releases coming out in Feb, June and September this year. I know the golf guy at the store near me and he showed me the new release brochure that they have to get ready for each year. Ping looks to be stacked this year as well, one ping release that I wasn’t even aware of will be coming out a few months after the G700 and G700 max...
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 10.5 Degrees set at 9.5, Weight Neutral, Tensei Orange 60 Gram Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, HZRDUS Smoke 70 Gram 6.0
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
    2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
    5-PW: Taylormade P760’s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: 34” Scotty Cameron Phantom X #8 
    Ball: Taylormade TP5
  • BearQBearQ Break 2 Rebuild Members Posts: 3,267 ✭✭
    Interested in the CB 2-iron and the MB gap wedge. I’m weird
    LTD Pro (9.5*) - Matrix Type C Prototype 70X
    M2 Tour (15*)  or  (16.5*) - Black Tie 80M4-X  
    P790 UDI #2 (18*)  / TP UDI #3 (19*) - Black Tie HM4 105X  or  Bridgestone XD-H (18*) - Speeder TS 9.8X
    Srixon Z945 (4-P) - Nippon SPB X
    Cobra MB (50*) Nike VR Forged (56*) Cleveland RTX 2 (60.08W)
    Spider Tour Black 

• K13K13 Members Posts: 98 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2018 #43
    Jungleland wrote:

Is the King Forged Tec being refreshed for '18 or is that one gone?

Seen rumors around here of a King Forged Tec coming out with a black finish - that's the one I'm waiting to see but haven't seen anything definitive.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1575488-cobra-king-forged-tec-long-term-reviews/page__st__30#entry16617288
  • Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Posts: 753 ClubWRX
    I just watched Andy Carter's announcement video (), and he was fitted for the new MB's in mid-December. I would hope to hear something about them for a February release. Which suits me fine, as I have a 25% off voucher I can use to build a whole Cobra bag with. F8 driver and fairway, new MB's, and new black Pūr wedges. The only thing I haven't decided on is whether to play the King Utility replacement or an F8 hybrid

Titleist TS3 @ 8.75º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Srixon z785 4-AW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Oil can @ 56.14º
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin @ 62º
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

• FairwindsgolferFairwindsgolfer Members Posts: 616
    Belmont148 wrote:

I don't really care that DSG and GG have stopped carrying them. I don't honestly see me ever going there to buy clubs again. Will stick with my local fitter who can properly fit on the right launch monitor. And they carry everything. Maybe if I see a club I like on the used rack or a shaft I could get cheap from a used club, buying clothes, and tees, etc. will be about it.

I couldn't agree more.

I went to GG the other day, just to kill some time.

Whereas I had a nice conversation with one of the PGA pro's working there, I wasn't convinced in the least bit that their fitting regime is something they take as serious as a bonafide fitter.
  • GMN_02GMN_02 Memeber New JerseyMembers Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Looked like Rickie was playing the new MBs at the Sentry TOC. They look very similar to the current MB/CB offering but it seems the orange accents are gone and replaced with the same Nardo Grey that are on the new F8 line. Can't seem to find a picture of him with them from this weekend but noticed them multiple times during coverage.
  • K13K13 Members Posts: 98 ✭✭
    GMN_02 wrote:

Looked like Rickie was playing the new MBs at the Sentry TOC. They look very similar to the current MB/CB offering but it seems the orange accents are gone and replaced with the same Nardo Grey that are on the new F8 line. Can't seem to find a picture of him with them from this weekend but noticed them multiple times during coverage.

This is as good a shot as I could get from highlights...
  • thedurtydurdenthedurtydurden Members Posts: 272 ✭✭
    I just watched Andy Carter's announcement video (), and he was fitted for the new MB's in mid-December. I would hope to hear something about them for a February release. Which suits me fine, as I have a 25% off voucher I can use to build a whole Cobra bag with. F8 driver and fairway, new MB's, and new black Pūr wedges. The only thing I haven't decided on is whether to play the King Utility replacement or an F8 hybrid

Black Purs? Is that really a thing???
    Tour Issue M2 Speeder Evo 2.0 Tour Spec 661X
    Titleist 917 F2 15 Speeder 757X
    Titleist 816 H2 19 Diamana S+ 90X
    Ben Hogan Ft Worth HI 22 TIX100 AMT
    Ben Hogan FW15 26-46 TIX100 AMT
    Cobra PUR 50, 55, 60 Versatile
    Scotty Cameron

I just watched Andy Carter's announcement video (https://www.youtube....h?v=JQICKOt5Drs), and he was fitted for the new MB's in mid-December. I would hope to hear something about them for a February release. Which suits me fine, as I have a 25% off voucher I can use to build a whole Cobra bag with. F8 driver and fairway, new MB's, and new black Pūr wedges. The only thing I haven't decided on is whether to play the King Utility replacement or an F8 hybrid

Black Purs? Is that really a thing???

Well, I don't have 100% confirmation, but some others have referenced them in posts. And something must be in the works, because the stock in the regular Pūr's is dwindling (online). I would love to put a whole Cobra bag together in black.

Titleist TS3 @ 8.75º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Srixon z785 4-AW
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

Most every event has a WITB picture set. Surprised they didn't have Rickie Fowlers. He played well.
  • hm59hm59 Members Posts: 301 ✭✭
    I've seen a few photos of Rickie's new set. New blades look very close to the current MB's but with silver paint instead of orange. They say "King Forged MB" on them as well but the type looks different. He has a 3 iron of the new CB's which look much more different than the existing set, there's a carbon texture on the muscle part and it says "King" there. Both with a black finish.
    Cobra F8+
    Cobra F8+ 3-4W
    Cobra King F6 Baffler
    Cobra King Forged CB
    Cobra King Tour Wedges
    Scotty Cameron IBDD
    matt062286 wrote:

I've seen a few photos of Rickie's new set. New blades look very close to the current MB's but with silver paint instead of orange. They say "King Forged MB" on them as well but the type looks different. He has a 3 iron of the new CB's which look much more different than the existing set, there's a carbon texture on the muscle part and it says "King" there. Both with a black finish.

Can you provide these? Are they already posted in thread?
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,368 ✭✭
    matt062286 wrote:

Pics anywhere?
  • Sir edward of putternutSir edward of putternut DARTH SMUG Members Posts: 1,365 ✭✭
    If they removed the font and just left the image, these wpuld be **** near perfect. And why make it was big!. Ug! Still awesome but just imagine
    Mizuno mp-5(px 5.5, 4-pw)
    Adams Pro 19'
    Hogan 51,55
    Callaway 60 pm grind
    Byron Morgan 007
    Callaway EpicSZ 9.0
    Mizuno JPX 900 3w

• Sir edward of putternutSir edward of putternut DARTH SMUG Members Posts: 1,365 ✭✭
    There...now it"s perfect
    Mizuno mp-5(px 5.5, 4-pw)
    Adams Pro 19'
    Hogan 51,55
    Callaway 60 pm grind
    Byron Morgan 007
    Callaway EpicSZ 9.0
    Mizuno JPX 900 3w

Clever
  • tmax77tmax77 Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭
    I have seen rickie's blades that he is testing in person...but unfortunately rumors I have heard is for a fall release
    Under construction....
    tmax77 wrote:

I have seen rickie's blades that he is testing in person...but unfortunately rumors I have heard is for a fall release

Well, that's not the best news I've heard to day. image/stink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stink:' />

It may mean I play the FG 100's for this year and then swap the bag over at the end of the year.

Titleist TS3 @ 8.75º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Srixon z785 4-AW
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

• sandysandy ClubWRX Posts: 4,996
    edited Jan 10, 2018 #59
    TWshoot67 wrote:

I think they're the best irons I've played. And I've played them all... I've played Cobra now for probably 8-10 years now since the King Cobra mb's back when Geoff Ogilvy was playing them and now still play the S3's super sweet irons. Play the FlyZ+ driver and played Bio Cell+ before that, very underrated clubs.

The Cobra Muscle Backs that Geoff Ogilvy and Ian Poulter were playing were restamped Titleist 690s. Neither liked the Cobra forged CB at the time and the only way the would switch from Titleist to Cobra was to play what they had which turned out to be modified and restamped 690s. Cobra never offered those for sale and basically had sets for those 2 guys only. I’m sure Cobra thought putting some big names on staff might help sales, but like Titleist and Tiger the only clubs you could buy that they used were drivers and wedges.. information from Cobra tour department when I tried to get a set (back in the days when I got prototype equipment to test).

The only guy that played all of Cobras released equipment at the time was Hale Irwin who was winning everything in sight but on the champions tour..
    sandy wrote:

TWshoot67 wrote:

I think they're the best irons I've played. And I've played them all... I've played Cobra now for probably 8-10 years now since the King Cobra mb's back when Geoff Ogilvy was playing them and now still play the S3's super sweet irons. Play the FlyZ+ driver and played Bio Cell+ before that, very underrated clubs.

The Cobra Muscle Backs that Geoff Ogilvy and Ian Poulter were playing were restamped Titleist 690s. Neither liked the Cobra forged CB at the time and the only way the would switch from Titleist to Cobra was to play what they had which turned out to be modified and restamped 690s. Cobra never offered those for sale and basically had sets for those 2 guys only. I'm sure Cobra thought putting some big names on staff might help sales, but like Titleist and Tiger the only clubs you could buy that they used were drivers and wedges.. information from Cobra tour department when I tried to get a set (back in the days when I got prototype equipment to test).

Titleist 690MB stamps with Cobra logo? do you have a pic of the irons you are talking about?

similar to these? Ogilvy and Poults played these as well:

post-1-1173841015.jpg

chek these, for Camilo back in the day when he was good:

post-141-1150582824.jpg
    I’d like to see what cobra will offer in regards to this.