Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

Comments

• gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,104 ✭✭
    swgolf12 wrote:

Any reviews of this vs Orange V2?

for me the synergy is much more stable, and lower spinning. Same low/low-mid launch; but i felt that the v2 got a bit loose on me while this is much more dependable and consistent.
    Tour Issue 2017 M1 460 9.2* / Rogue 130 Silver 70TX (tipped 3/4", set STD)
    Epic Flash SZ 3+ / Diamana DF 70TX (tipped 1")
    Epic Flash 5 / Diamana BF 90TX (tipped 1.75")
    785 3-PW/ PX 7.0 (+1/2", 2*up, 2* weak)
    RTX4 52*, 58* (bent 1* weak)/ DG TI S400 (+1/2", 2*up)
    SC Kombi-S/ 35.5"

Tournaments on schedule:
    - 5/9; (USGA) US Open Local (Q) - Medford Village Golf Club (NJ)
    - 5/15; (NJSGA) Mid-Am (Q) - Copper Hill Country Club (NJ)
    - 6/11; (NJSGA) Amateur (Q) - Fiddler's Elbow Country Club (NJ)
    - 6/24; (NJSGA) State Open (Q) - Essex Fells Country Club (NJ)
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    swgolf12 wrote:

Any reviews of this vs Orange V2?

V2 is just like Copperhead TX

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1557466-tensei-pro-orange-v2-vs-copperhead-tx-comparison-data/page__pid__16368820#entry16368820

Synergy is lower spin and flatter launching.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,586 ✭✭
    Anything on this vs the HZRDUS Black?
    Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 () (Testing Cobra F8 and Ping G 3 hybrids)
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
    YES Milly - 100gm TLP. (Testing Ping Ketsch Mid)
    edited Nov 6, 2017 #35
    MrFlapjack wrote:

The link will allow you to compare Kuro Kàge Dual Core XT or Black Mamba to hzrdus black, which should allow a nice comparison to Synergy Proto.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1488288-big-bad-low-spin-shaft-review-13-shafts-7-players-and-a-trackman/page__pid__16405828__st__450#entry16405828

Quick comparison is that hzrdus black launches about .5-1 degree lower than kkdcxt and spins about 200-300 rpm more.

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,586 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

The link will allow you to compare Kuro Kàge Dual Core XT or Black Mamba to hzrdus black, which should allow a nice comparison to Synergy Proto.

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry16405828

Quick comparison is that hzrdus black launches about .5-1 degree lower than kkdcxt and spins about 200-300 rpm more.

Good stuff, thanks.
    Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 () (Testing Cobra F8 and Ping G 3 hybrids)
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
    YES Milly - 100gm TLP. (Testing Ping Ketsch Mid)
  • Harob11Harob11 Harob11 Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
    So this new Synergy spins and launches lower than the Orange V2 and the DCXT? Impressive.

Any chance you can review the 2017 Diamana X? That's their flagship shaft I believe.

Keep up the great work!
    Drive 400 - Swing Faster. Drive Further. www.puredistancegolf.com/drive400
    Harob11 wrote:

So this new Synergy spins and launches lower than the Orange V2 and the DCXT? Impressive.

Any chance you can review the 2017 Diamana X? That's their flagship shaft I believe.

Keep up the great work!

There were two prototype versions of the X that were submitted for testing. One spun and hit higher, the other was a bit flatter. I'd say the closest thing I can compare the Diamana X to would be a Tensei Pro Orange V2 on one and probably more like a Tensei Pro Blue for the other. I'm unsure which became the retail model.

• golf4fungolf4fun ClubWRX Posts: 538 ClubWRX
    TollBros wrote:

Harob11 wrote:

Keep up the great work!

There were two prototype versions of the X that were submitted for testing. One spun and hit higher, the other was a bit flatter. I'd say the closest thing I can compare the Diamana X to would be a Tensei Pro Orange V2 on one and probably more like a Tensei Pro Blue for the other. I'm unsure which became the retail model.

For me in the same head the synergy is higher with less spin than my V2!
    golf4fun wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Harob11 wrote:

Keep up the great work!

Glad to hear that. It's not a low launching shaft at all for me, but it is massively low spin.

Confirmed this profile is Tour only and absolutely will not be released retail in this form.

• WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,375 ✭✭
    Just to confirm this shaft is not counter balanced correct?
  • jcg132jcg132 PTPOTCW StamvegasMembers Posts: 1,034 ✭✭

Correct. Not counter balanced.
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero "Triple Diamond" 8.6° - Aldila Synergy Black Graphene Tour Proto 65 TX (44.5", D5)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Flash 15.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7 X (42.75", D6)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Hybrid 18° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 S (D4)
    PXG 0311 X GEN2 21.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95 X (38.75", D4)
    PXG 0311 P GEN2 5-7 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (D4)
    PXG 0311 T GEN2 8-9 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D4)
    PXG 0311 T GEN2 PW - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 49.11°F - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 54.10°S - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5+)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 59.09°M - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D6)
    Scotty Cameron 009M Carbon - 34", 3.5°, 70°

Titleist Pro V1 & Wilson Staff Duo Professional
    Golf Pride MCC Plus4
    FootJoy Pure Touch Limited
    Sun Mountain C130S
  • golf4fungolf4fun ClubWRX Posts: 538 ClubWRX
    TollBros wrote:

golf4fun wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Harob11 wrote:

Keep up the great work!

Glad to hear that. It's not a low launching shaft at all for me, but it is massively low spin.

So far I'm impressed, now I need to compare to my green mamba 60tx!
    jcg132 wrote:

Correct. Not counter balanced.

Correct, it definitely is not counterbalanced.

i'll be hitting the sim tonight and playing tomorrow. hopefully the lifting i've been doing the last 2 weeks isn't going to keep me jammed up.

loving this thing so far -- unfortunately it's been too dang cold the last week to get to a range or play. sigh. winter is coming...
    SC Kombi-S/ 35.5"

Tournaments on schedule:
  • Kenny Lee PuckettKenny Lee Puckett Members Posts: 3,460 ✭✭
    interesting the PROTO 60tx squeaked out the best numbers.

speaks very highly about the quality of the shaft I guess.
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]PING G LST: Ping Tour 80
    PING Anser 4wd: Accra S380 RT
    PXG 0317: Fujikura Rombax 8D07HB
    PING i500 4 iron: D.G. 120
    PING S55 5-PW: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Glide 2.0 50/54/58: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Darby F Ti Pixel: SS 2.0 Mid
    PING: Sensor Glove, Ping 703 Cord grips
    PING: Hoofer Bag
    TaylorMade: TP5 & TP5x ball

WITB photos: [/font]
    http://www.golfwrx.c...uckett-witb-19/

interesting the PROTO 60tx squeaked out the best numbers.

speaks very highly about the quality of the shaft I guess.

The 65 is nearly the same in terms of the heavier Kuro Kage and Black Mamba, but with a bit more swing speed because of the weight.

gioguy21 wrote:

i'll be hitting the sim tonight and playing tomorrow. hopefully the lifting i've been doing the last 2 weeks isn't going to keep me jammed up.

loving this thing so far -- unfortunately it's been too dang cold the last week to get to a range or play. sigh. winter is coming...
    update --

this is firmly in the bag. for me, it was the slight uptick in launch angle that's giving me much more consistent results. i hit all but 2 fairways yesterday (despite being sore AF) - and despite the cold conditions, got all close to 300y (it was sub 50*F), and 2 over 3 bills.

the ball has a piercing trajectory to the apex, goes for days, then hits and runs like a pissed off squirrel.

on the sim i was getting:

AVG SS: 117.3

Smash: 1.47

Launch: 12.2

Spin: 2218

Ball Speed: 169.7

Carry: 287.4

Peak Height: 103'

predominant shot shape: dead nuts straight.

total is irrelevant IMO since it's just a sim.
    SC Kombi-S/ 35.5"

Tournaments on schedule:
    gioguy21 wrote:

gioguy21 wrote:

update --

this is firmly in the bag. for me, it was the slight uptick in launch angle that's giving me much more consistent results. i hit all but 2 fairways yesterday (despite being sore AF) - and despite the cold conditions, got all close to 300y (it was sub 50*F), and 2 over 3 bills.

the ball has a piercing trajectory to the apex, goes for days, then hits and runs like a pissed off squirrel.

on the sim i was getting:

AVG SS: 117.3

Smash: 1.47

Launch: 12.2

Spin: 2218

Ball Speed: 169.7

Carry: 287.4

Peak Height: 103'

predominant shot shape: dead nuts straight.

total is irrelevant IMO since it's just a sim.

That's a very nice launch window and that sucker at 2200 should hit the ground HOT.

• osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭
    Yes this posting is exactly the same as the other topic lol but I just want to make sure all eyes have a chance to chime in!

For those of you that have been playing the shaft....

I'm trying to determine the best tipping length and want to hear some opinions before I move forward. I currently play a KK DC XT 70tx. Tipped 1/2". Getting very solid numbers. Low spin drives are very low and normal drives are hovering around 2100 2200.

I ordered the Synergy proto 65tx because I wanted to try the slightly lighter weight based on the higher swing and ball speeds from the testing. Should I tip this 1/2" as well? Would it make sense to tip it 3/4" or 1" to get the spin down slightly and hopefully keep launch similar or slightly higher?

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Taylormade M3 8.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX / Cobra F9 9* Avalance - Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Deep Face 14* - Tensei Blue 90TX
    Hybrid / Driving Iron - TBD
    Srixon 745 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130x softstepped 1x
    Vokey 50* F Grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Vokey Wedgeworks 54V grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Vokey Wedgeworks 60K, low bounce - KBS C Taper 130
    Evnroll ER1.2 Armlock w/ Stability Shaft

Yes this posting is exactly the same as the other topic lol but I just want to make sure all eyes have a chance to chime in!

I'm trying to determine the best tipping length and want to hear some opinions before I move forward. I currently play a KK DC XT 70tx. Tipped 1/2". Getting very solid numbers. Low spin drives are very low and normal drives are hovering around 2100 2200.

I ordered the Synergy proto 65tx because I wanted to try the slightly lighter weight based on the higher swing and ball speeds from the testing. Should I tip this 1/2" as well? Would it make sense to tip it 3/4" or 1" to get the spin down slightly and hopefully keep launch similar or slightly higher?

mine is currently untipped - 65TX, playing 45.25". haven't had issues with too much spin and control has been exceptional for me.
    SC Kombi-S/ 35.5"

Tournaments on schedule:
  • osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭
    gioguy21 wrote:

mine is currently untipped - 65TX, playing 45.25". haven't had issues with too much spin and control has been exceptional for me.

What shaft specs were you playing before the Synergy?
    Taylormade M3 8.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX / Cobra F9 9* Avalance - Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Deep Face 14* - Tensei Blue 90TX
    Hybrid / Driving Iron - TBD
    Srixon 745 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130x softstepped 1x
    Vokey 50* F Grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Vokey Wedgeworks 54V grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Vokey Wedgeworks 60K, low bounce - KBS C Taper 130
    Evnroll ER1.2 Armlock w/ Stability Shaft
    gioguy21 wrote:

What shaft specs were you playing before the Synergy?
    Xtorsion green 70tx, untipped same length
    SC Kombi-S/ 35.5"

Tournaments on schedule:
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

Confirmed this profile is Tour only and absolutely will not be released retail in this form.

Will any version of this be available?

TollBros wrote:

Will any version of this be available?

It is available in this form.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1558880-aldila-synergy-graphene-tour-protos/

• cradd10cradd10 Members Posts: 1,282 ✭✭
    waiting for mine to show today......come on USPS
    M1 460 Syngery Proto 75
    17' M2 15° Hzdrus blk 6.5
    X2Hot Pro 18°
    RSi2 4-W. C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM6 50,55,60
    Edel E-2
    cradd10 wrote:

waiting for mine to show today......come on USPS

To the 30 people who got a 75tx consider yourself lucky. We are 100% out of 75.

• Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Posts: 748 ClubWRX
    I'm having a difficult time reconciling come of the numbers for this shaft given that my SS is 106-110. By all accounts, taking the Black Mamba numbers as a starting point, could one say that the Synergy "should" produce slightly better results?

Mizuno ST190 @ 9.5º
    Callaway Flash SZ 3 Wood @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Srixon z785 4-AW
    Taylormade MG Wedge @ 54º
    Taylormade HT Wedge @ 60º
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

edited Nov 23, 2017 #60

I'm having a difficult time reconciling come of the numbers for this shaft given that my SS is 106-110. By all accounts, taking the Black Mamba numbers as a starting point, could one say that the Synergy "should" produce slightly better results?

Synergy will spin less. Assuming you need that, then yes.

i missed just 4 fairways with the G400/Synergy setup today. the wind picked up on the back nine and got me to leave a few out to the right (the shot shape however, was exactly how i wanted it) -- i missed 1 on the front, and 3 on the back 9. both playing partners remarked at how point and shoot it was for me. i'm still getting used to it but, goodness it's pretty **** phenomenal. the Xtorsion green is so solid and i keep debating on selling it -- but, the synergy is in the bag for the time being.

i think the green might end up in a 3w if no one wants to take it off my hands.
    SC Kombi-S/ 35.5"

Tournaments on schedule: