Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

Comments

• mr coolmr cool Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    anyone here have any experience with the synergy and PXG drivers
    GRIP IT -N- RIP IT !!!!!!
  • jcg132jcg132 PTPOTCW StamvegasMembers Posts: 1,034 ✭✭
    Can echo what gioguy21 has said, this thing just wants to go dead nuts straight and carries forever. Never seen anything like this in my driver.
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero "Triple Diamond" 8.6° - Aldila Synergy Black Graphene Tour Proto 65 TX (44.5", D5)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Flash 15.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7 X (42.75", D6)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Hybrid 18° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 S (D4)
    PXG 0311 X GEN2 21.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95 X (38.75", D4)
    PXG 0311 P GEN2 5-7 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (D4)
    PXG 0311 T GEN2 8-9 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D4)
    PXG 0311 T GEN2 PW - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 49.11°F - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 54.10°S - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5+)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 59.09°M - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D6)
    Scotty Cameron 009M Carbon - 34", 3.5°, 70°

Titleist Pro V1 & Wilson Staff Duo Professional
    Golf Pride MCC Plus4
    FootJoy Pure Touch Limited
    Sun Mountain C130S
  • golf4fungolf4fun ClubWRX Posts: 538 ClubWRX
    gioguy21 wrote:

i missed just 4 fairways with the G400/Synergy setup today. the wind picked up on the back nine and got me to leave a few out to the right (the shot shape however, was exactly how i wanted it) -- i missed 1 on the front, and 3 on the back 9. both playing partners remarked at how point and shoot it was for me. i'm still getting used to it but, goodness it's pretty **** phenomenal. the Xtorsion green is so solid and i keep debating on selling it -- but, the synergy is in the bag for the time being.

i think the green might end up in a 3w if no one wants to take it off my hands.

Played the green in my m2 most of the summer, have the synergy in there now with amazing results!! Never thought the green could be beat, I plan on putting it in a 3 wood if the synergy keeps working out!
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    gioguy21 wrote:

i missed just 4 fairways with the G400/Synergy setup today. the wind picked up on the back nine and got me to leave a few out to the right (the shot shape however, was exactly how i wanted it) -- i missed 1 on the front, and 3 on the back 9. both playing partners remarked at how point and shoot it was for me. i'm still getting used to it but, goodness it's pretty **** phenomenal. the Xtorsion green is so solid and i keep debating on selling it -- but, the synergy is in the bag for the time being.

jcg132 wrote:

Can echo what gioguy21 has said, this thing just wants to go dead nuts straight and carries forever. Never seen anything like this in my driver.

golf4fun wrote:

gioguy21 wrote:

Played the green in my m2 most of the summer, have the synergy in there now with amazing results!! Never thought the green could be beat, I plan on putting it in a 3 wood if the synergy keeps working out!

Same results for me. Carry distance seems similar, but this thing just hits the ground HOT. I already know what I'm playing for tournament season 2018.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,104 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:
    gioguy21 wrote:

jcg132 wrote:

golf4fun wrote:

gioguy21 wrote:

Same results for me. Carry distance seems similar, but this thing just hits the ground HOT. I already know what I'm playing for tournament season 2018.
    Yup, ditto lol
    Tour Issue 2017 M1 460 9.2* / Rogue 130 Silver 70TX (tipped 3/4", set STD)
    Epic Flash SZ 3+ / Diamana DF 70TX (tipped 1")
    Epic Flash 5 / Diamana BF 90TX (tipped 1.75")
    785 3-PW/ PX 7.0 (+1/2", 2*up, 2* weak)
    RTX4 52*, 58* (bent 1* weak)/ DG TI S400 (+1/2", 2*up)
    SC Kombi-S/ 35.5"

Tournaments on schedule:
    - 5/9; (USGA) US Open Local (Q) - Medford Village Golf Club (NJ)
    - 5/15; (NJSGA) Mid-Am (Q) - Copper Hill Country Club (NJ)
    - 6/11; (NJSGA) Amateur (Q) - Fiddler's Elbow Country Club (NJ)
    - 6/24; (NJSGA) State Open (Q) - Essex Fells Country Club (NJ)
    gioguy21 wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Yup, ditto lol

I wish I had more. 100% sold out of all weights. Hoping to get more, but at this point I'm not sure. Guys who got one should consider themselves fortunate.

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • mr coolmr cool Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    i just bought the Synergy 75 TX, and a KK DC XT 80 , going to prob go a different direction if anyone wants the pair pm me they are still in the plastic
    GRIP IT -N- RIP IT !!!!!!
  • MorryMorry Posts: 822 ✭✭
    The commentary on this shaft is Very hard to ignore....
    Ping G400 10.5 - EvenFlow Blue 6.0 / TPT 17 MKP
    Callaway Fusion 3W - Fuji Evo III S
    Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
    Taylormade 790 4-P - Modus 105-S
    Cleveland RTX-4 50, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,125
    Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Shaft 
    Callaway CS-X 
  • Harob11Harob11 Harob11 Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
    Bought the Synergy 70TX for an Epon 105 and the Kuro Kage Dual Core XT for an Epon 205. Can't wait to test these out. I'll give you my thoughts shortly. Also, I gotta say, the shipping from Toll Bros was ridiculously fast. Shafts showed up in 2 days.
    Drive 400 - Swing Faster. Drive Further. www.puredistancegolf.com/drive400
  • WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,375 ✭✭
    I sure hope so? I sent PayPal Saturday, got a email saying they were slammed with Black Friday? I was hoping to hear something this morning though?

I sure hope so? I sent PayPal Saturday, got a email saying they were slammed with Black Friday? I was hoping to hear something this morning though?

We have, hold your hat, 137 shafts to inventory, package, and ship. It's going to take a couple days now that we are open. Ed and I were only answering emails since Tuesday. The business was closed all week since then for all the guys to leave on holiday. It was just the two of us handling black Friday online orders. Ed will update your PayPal when things go out. Tomorrow or Wednesday.

• mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭
    Toll. Do you guys prep and put adapters on?

We don't do the clubwork ourselves, but we do offer it to customers. We have a master builder that has been in business over 20 years that does all our clubwork. We just don't have the equipment or time to do a hundred builds a week so we outsource it.

• mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

We don't do the clubwork ourselves, but we do offer it to customers. We have a master builder that has been in business over 20 years that does all our clubwork. We just don't have the equipment or time to do a hundred builds a week so we outsource it.

Thanks...

Is it oppropiate to ask hat you e bay handle is here?

TollBros wrote:

Thanks...

Is it oppropiate to ask hat you e bay handle is here?

We do not sell on eBay.

• cradd10cradd10 Members Posts: 1,282 ✭✭
    got my Synergy 75TX glued up and ready to test. She's a beauty in my M1 head.
    M1 460 Syngery Proto 75
    17' M2 15° Hzdrus blk 6.5
    X2Hot Pro 18°
    RSi2 4-W. C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM6 50,55,60
    Edel E-2
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,586 ✭✭
    How much are these selling for?
    Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 () (Testing Cobra F8 and Ping G 3 hybrids)
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
    YES Milly - 100gm TLP. (Testing Ping Ketsch Mid)
  • jcg132jcg132 PTPOTCW StamvegasMembers Posts: 1,034 ✭✭
    MrFlapjack wrote:

Not sure you can find one for sale anywhere, if you do please let us know.
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero "Triple Diamond" 8.6° - Aldila Synergy Black Graphene Tour Proto 65 TX (44.5", D5)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Flash 15.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7 X (42.75", D6)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Hybrid 18° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 S (D4)
    PXG 0311 X GEN2 21.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95 X (38.75", D4)
    PXG 0311 P GEN2 5-7 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (D4)
    PXG 0311 T GEN2 8-9 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D4)
    PXG 0311 T GEN2 PW - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 49.11°F - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 54.10°S - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5+)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 59.09°M - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D6)
    Scotty Cameron 009M Carbon - 34", 3.5°, 70°

Titleist Pro V1 & Wilson Staff Duo Professional
    Golf Pride MCC Plus4
    FootJoy Pure Touch Limited
    Sun Mountain C130S
    MrFlapjack wrote:

They were $399 but we are 100% sold out. I'm trying hard to see if there is a pipeline for more, but at this point it's 50/50.

• MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,586 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

They were $399 but we are 100% sold out. I'm trying hard to see if there is a pipeline for more, but at this point it's 50/50.

Ok thanks. Too rich for this guy, but would love to try one.
    Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 () (Testing Cobra F8 and Ping G 3 hybrids)
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
    YES Milly - 100gm TLP. (Testing Ping Ketsch Mid)
    What are you guys tipping the Synergy 70TX? I'm installing it in a 9.5 Epon 105 and I'm not sure whether I should tip it or not. No idea what my swing speed is today but I'm 38 in Jan and realistically, prob on average during a round - 115-120. Working out again so that will go up some.

Also, installing a Kuro Kage Dual Core XT (TX) in an Epon 205 (15 degree). Any idea how much, if any, I should tip it?

Hosel depth on the Epon 105 is 1 5/8"

Hosel depth on the Epon 205 is 1 3/8"

Thanks!
    MrFlapjack wrote:

TollBros wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

Ok thanks. Too rich for this guy, but would love to try one.

We often part ways with test shafts, listed in our dedicated for sale section, that are well under the price of new. Keep an eye on it.

We are getting limited amount of 75 TX in roughly 3 weeks. We are taking pre-orders now since the demand is so high.

• gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,104 ✭✭
    Harob11 wrote:

What are you guys tipping the Synergy 70TX? I'm installing it in a 9.5 Epon 105 and I'm not sure whether I should tip it or not. No idea what my swing speed is today but I'm 38 in Jan and realistically, prob on average during a round - 115-120. Working out again so that will go up some.

Also, installing a Kuro Kage Dual Core XT (TX) in an Epon 205 (15 degree). Any idea how much, if any, I should tip it?

Thanks!
    i haven't tipped my 65TX at all -- and for reference i'm between 117-120 myself.
    Tour Issue 2017 M1 460 9.2* / Rogue 130 Silver 70TX (tipped 3/4", set STD)
    Epic Flash SZ 3+ / Diamana DF 70TX (tipped 1")
    Epic Flash 5 / Diamana BF 90TX (tipped 1.75")
    785 3-PW/ PX 7.0 (+1/2", 2*up, 2* weak)
    RTX4 52*, 58* (bent 1* weak)/ DG TI S400 (+1/2", 2*up)
    SC Kombi-S/ 35.5"

Tournaments on schedule:
    - 5/9; (USGA) US Open Local (Q) - Medford Village Golf Club (NJ)
    - 5/15; (NJSGA) Mid-Am (Q) - Copper Hill Country Club (NJ)
    - 6/11; (NJSGA) Amateur (Q) - Fiddler's Elbow Country Club (NJ)
    - 6/24; (NJSGA) State Open (Q) - Essex Fells Country Club (NJ)
    gioguy21 wrote:

Harob11 wrote:

Thanks!
    i haven't tipped my 65TX at all -- and for reference i'm between 117-120 myself.

And I tipped mine 1.5 inches at 122-125. I however need more spin cutting than Gio. Each player is need specific.

edited Dec 5, 2017 #87
    I tipped mine an inch per instructions from TB. Haven't had a chance to hit it yet though.
    Harob11 wrote:

I tipped mine an inch per instructions from TB. Haven't had a chance to hit it yet though.

The feedback on these things is crazy. The only other shaft I've ever seen with this much love from it's owners was V2 Orange for the smooth tempo guys. The most amazing thing is the amount of guys who bought one, and then pre-ordered a second one to make sure they don't have to play anything else!

• golf4fungolf4fun ClubWRX Posts: 538 ClubWRX
    TollBros wrote:

Harob11 wrote:

The feedback on these things is crazy. The only other shaft I've ever seen with this much love from it's owners was V2 Orange for the smooth tempo guys. The most amazing thing is the amount of guys who bought one, and then pre-ordered a second one to make sure they don't have to play anything else!

I'd be one of those guys if you had more 65s!
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members Posts: 833 ✭✭
    Finally tested mine last night, tipped 1", on a deflection board it's just outside of X stiff (spot on TX), but plays soooo much smoother than I expected. I was averaging 123 SS and 174 Ball Speed which was almost identical to my T1100. I did see about a 150RPM (negligible) increase in spin, and slightly highly launch. But I am very satisfied with the Synergy, after playing the T1100 for 8 months I almost forgot just how stiff and bad feeling it is. Keeping my spin as low as I did (~2300RPM) while playing a shaft in a completely different league feel wise relative to the T1100 was something I never imagined. Can't wait to put it in the F8+.
    TC Rogue SZ 8.8* Pro Orange 70TX/ ACCRA TZ5 75 M5
    M2 Tour 15* Kuro Kage DC 70TX
    790 UDI Tensei Pro White 100TX
    4-PW Apex Pro 19 DG X7's
    50* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    55* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    J-DAY Spider
  • bfizzybfizzy San DiegoMembers Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Ughh really regret not getting the 65X when you had them available. Sounds like this could be my unicorn
    TM M5 9.0* - Accra TZ6 M5 65
    TM 2017 Tour M2 15* - Tensei Pro White 70tx
    TM P790 UDI 17* - Tensei Pro White 100 TX
    TM P790 3 Iron - KBS $-Taper X
    Miura MC 501 4-PW - KBS $-Taper X
    Taylormade MG 51* / 55* DG TI S400
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60* Fujikura MCI Wedge Graphite 
    Putter: Tyson Lamb Allendale / Kronos Golf Proto