What's for Christmas?

heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,130 ✭✭
Go.

SwingCaddie-main-630x472.jpg110ee79a022c600c73774e.jpg

Comments

• WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,376 ClubWRX
    Just a shipment of Epic heads to Continental Golf for a refinish.
    TM Mini 11.5 Pro white 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members Posts: 900 ✭✭
    PING Karsten TR Putter cut-down to 26" and SS Flatso 1.0 Countercore Grip. Olympic Club jacket and some Olympic Club branded Callaway Supersofts and ball markers.
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,933 ClubWRX
    Wants:

P790 irons

Getting:

M2 5 wood or hybrid
  • Kenny Lee PuckettKenny Lee Puckett Members Posts: 3,460 ✭✭
    kekoa wrote:

Wants:

P790 irons

Getting:

M2 5 wood or hybrid
    dude, just take your current irons to the repair shop and have them all bent 3 or 4 degrees strong, now you got your P790.

Merry Christmas! image/yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yahoo:' />
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]PING G LST: Ping Tour 80
    PING Anser 4wd: Accra S380 RT
    PXG 0317: Fujikura Rombax 8D07HB
    PING i500 4 iron: D.G. 120
    PING S55 5-PW: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Glide 2.0 50/54/58: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Darby F Ti Pixel: SS 2.0 Mid
    PING: Sensor Glove, Ping 703 Cord grips
    PING: Hoofer Bag
    TaylorMade: TP5 & TP5x ball

WITB photos: [/font]
    http://www.golfwrx.c...uckett-witb-19/
  • Kenny Lee PuckettKenny Lee Puckett Members Posts: 3,460 ✭✭
    but more seriously, and on topic, for some reason I have a hankering for a pair of shoes with the BOA System.
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]PING G LST: Ping Tour 80
    PING Anser 4wd: Accra S380 RT
    PXG 0317: Fujikura Rombax 8D07HB
    PING i500 4 iron: D.G. 120
    PING S55 5-PW: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Glide 2.0 50/54/58: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Darby F Ti Pixel: SS 2.0 Mid
    PING: Sensor Glove, Ping 703 Cord grips
    PING: Hoofer Bag
    TaylorMade: TP5 & TP5x ball

WITB photos: [/font]
    http://www.golfwrx.c...uckett-witb-19/

but more seriously, and on topic, for some reason I have a hankering for a pair of shoes with the BOA System.

Kenny, for you or your kid? image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • TimberBeastTimberBeast Members Posts: 38
    edited Nov 1, 2017 #8
    My daughter is going to go with her coach to get fitted this Sunday for her first set of non junior clubs. After that we'll see what that is going to cost us. No idea what they are going to recommend yet but she is excited.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,542 ClubWRX
    Usually Mrs. Pelz mother which correlates to a big increase in the wine stock.
  • BaitkillerBaitkiller Members Posts: 1,718 ✭✭

My daughter is going to go with her coach to get fitted this Sunday for her first set of non junior clubs. After that we'll see what that is going to cost us. No idea what they are going to recommend yet but she is excited.

That is gonna leave a mark.
    Turn over damnit!
    Krank 9* Formula 5 UST Tour
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
    Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
    Betti-1
    K-sig
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members Posts: 900 ✭✭
    kekoa wrote:

Wants:

P790 irons

Getting:

M2 5 wood or hybrid

Those P790's look great. What are the clubhead weights on those (perhaps compared to USKG TS-series clubs as a reference)?
    Baitkiller wrote:

That is gonna leave a mark.

Tell me about it, we have all grandparents hands on deck for this one.
    wildcatden wrote:

kekoa wrote:

Wants:

P790 irons

Getting:

M2 5 wood or hybrid

Those P790's look great. What are the clubhead weights on those (perhaps compared to USKG TS-series clubs as a reference)?

A lot. I think I read that getting the p790 stock would be like adding 20 strips of lead tape on a tour series iron. image/tomato.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tomato:' />
    leezer99 wrote:

kekoa wrote:

wildcatden wrote:

kekoa wrote:

Wants:

P790 irons

Getting:

M2 5 wood or hybrid

A lot. I think I read that getting the p790 stock would be like adding 20 strips of lead tape on a tour series iron. image/tomato.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tomato:' />

20 grams... 40 strips of 1" lead tape.

Holy Sh*tballs. I've seen a guy bore out the hosel to decrease weight, but not sure I would do this on a brand new set.
  • cubuffscubuffs Members Posts: 392 ✭✭

How old is your daughter? Going to be doing the same for my soon to be 13 year old as he has grown 5 inches this year (now at 5.5 with size 10.5 feet) and has grown out of his set of Flynn clubs I purchased in January.
    cubuffs wrote:

How old is your daughter? Going to be doing the same for my soon to be 13 year old as he has grown 5 inches this year (now at 5.5 with size 10.5 feet) and has grown out of his set of Flynn clubs I purchased in January.

She is 12, we bought her set of Flynn clubs about a year and a half ago. She has grown a few inches and she has gotten stronger as well the past several months. They went to get fitted Saturday, I don't even know much about the results yet, I was out of town all weekend. Funny thing is, my wife took her to go play 9 on Sunday and she hit her first hole in one, 122 yards with an 8 iron. I told her if you want new clubs you might want to lay off on the hole in ones.
  • cubuffscubuffs Members Posts: 392 ✭✭

cubuffs wrote:

She is 12, we bought her set of Flynn clubs about a year and a half ago. She has grown a few inches and she has gotten stronger as well the past several months. They went to get fitted Saturday, I don't even know much about the results yet, I was out of town all weekend. Funny thing is, my wife took her to go play 9 on Sunday and she hit her first hole in one, 122 yards with an 8 iron. I told her if you want new clubs you might want to lay off on the hole in ones.

Congrats to your daughter on her hole in one - and that is pretty long 8 iron! Will be curious to hear what direction you end up going.

We went to our club this weekend and did a quick fitting with our pro / swing coach. He had been against moving my son to adult clubs earlier in the year but after seeing him this weekend he agreed now is the time (although he warned that we may be buying another in 9-12 months). My son really liked the Ping i200s, so I am looking for a set of with regular graphite shafts - so goes the pain...
  • Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    Golf simulator setup in the garage. Probably going with the R Motion, a 10’x10 hitting bay, and a 50” tv on the wall. Much cheaper to buy a big tv than go with a projector and screen. Figure this will just keep him swinging through the winter and keep practice fun. Not looking for accurate result besides club path just to keep him swinging. The TGC software looks fun. Plus we can add a skytrak to the Rmotion later and get club and ball data much cheaper than a flightscope or GCquad.
    Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,181 ✭✭
    Family is pooling $ to get my boy a set of irons, w fitting.
    Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Taylormade Spider blade
    Srixon Z Star
    IPA
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,130 ✭✭
    Just bought this.

137a301001c0ff75ad4e79a324cff63e.jpg
    leezer99 wrote:

Just bought this.

That's a pretty putter. FYI - the voice caddie sc200 is $50 off on Amazon right now: Amazon Voice Caddie SC200

Getting the Mevo or Ernst.
  • darter79darter79 Members Posts: 701 ✭✭
    Just bought this.

Can I get on you list �
  • golfer55082golfer55082 Members Posts: 296 ✭✭
    Just bought this.

cut to 33’ I guess?
  • golfer55082golfer55082 Members Posts: 296 ✭✭
    I have my eyes on a 400 sqt ft in door putting green. No kidding....

Just bought this.

cut to 33’ I guess?

It is 34". Honestly will probably leave it alone. He is 5'2" now and ready for a big growth spurt.

I have my eyes on a 400 sqt ft in door putting green. No kidding....

I have been eyeing an indoor putting green as well. We have a sitting room in the house, lol stupid waste of space, and I want to rip out the carpet and put in a putting surface with holes. Probably a 120-150 square foot space.
    leezer99 wrote:

Just bought this.

That's a pretty putter. FYI - the voice caddie sc200 is $50 off on Amazon right now: Amazon Voice Caddie SC200

I have been going back and forth on these and think I am going to go with the Voice Caddie. I have read all the reviews from Mevo, to Ernst, to the SC200. Mevo gives spin rate which is great, but you have to buy metallic dots to put on them. It also gives attack angle but the reviews say it is very inaccurate. Ernst is very hard to read the monitor. For what it does I really like the SC200. I like the fact that it has a game mode where you have to hit targeted distances. I think this is very valuable. Trackman has this mode and it was very valuable in straightening up my kids wedge game. Mevo and Ernst don't have this mode.
  • Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    This year has been pretty much all golf in my house. I think it's a disease, and this site doesn't help with offering deals and coupon codes. I even hate to list everything.

Wife:

Callaway Clubs

GBB Fusion Driver, BB Hybrid 4 and 5, GBB Heavenwood, MD3 Sand Wedge

Me:

Simulator in Garage, RMotion with Projector

64* PM Wedge

(March Birthday) Ping Hoofer Bag

Son:

Simulator- Share with Me

UA Stormtech Jacket

UA Gloves

Qstar Tour Balls

Tees

Puma Grip Sport Disc Shoes
    Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    edited Dec 11, 2017 #29
    cubuffs wrote:

cubuffs wrote:

Congrats to your daughter on her hole in one - and that is pretty long 8 iron! Will be curious to hear what direction you end up going.

We went to our club this weekend and did a quick fitting with our pro / swing coach. He had been against moving my son to adult clubs earlier in the year but after seeing him this weekend he agreed now is the time (although he warned that we may be buying another in 9-12 months). My son really liked the Ping i200s, so I am looking for a set of with regular graphite shafts - so goes the pain...

Well before Thanksgiving weekend we went over to Edwin Watts a few times and let her hit a few lubs. They let us bring home a Mizuno Hot Metal that she hit with on the range and she really liked it. We went back the next weekend and we took the hot metal, a Ping G400, and Taylor Made AP3 (they didn't have the AP2 with the steel shaft at the time) to a nearby range so she could hit on grass. We were supposed to go back the next Sunday so she could hit a couple more and hit the AP2.

Well on the way to eat at a friend's house that Sunday night she saw a pogo stick laying on the ground, took about two jumps on it, fell down and fractured her wrist. It's very slight, not very bad. So all that is on the back burner for now, but if she hits the AP2 like she did the AP3 that's likely what she'll pick out. The AP3 she hit was just so smooth, and she was hitting it further by probably 10 yards than the others (not that that really matters at this point). Watching her hit those they are the ones I liked the most, but I didn't tell her that, I want her to pick out what she wants. It looks like it will be between the APs and Hot Metal. Bad thing about the APs though is the price.
    edited Dec 11, 2017 #30
    leezer99 wrote:

Good thing it wasn't from skiing.

1510583098-lol-smiley-face.jpg
    Getting my son the following-

- M2 5 wood

- Nintendo Switch

- Iron fitting at Cobra (just for the **** of it)

After all that, I can't afford sh*t for myself. image/to_become_senile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':to_become_senile:' />