2017 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open at Las Vegas

NaBUru38NaBUru38 Members Posts: 790 ✭✭
https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2018/shriners-hospitals-for-children-open/leaderboard.html

TPC Summerlin, Las Vegas, Nevada

Purse: US$ 6.8 million

Notable players:
  • Americans: Charley Hoffman, Kevin Chappell, Webb Simpson, Tony Finau, Gary Woodland, Ryan Moore, Jimmy Walker, Billy Horschel, Bubba Watson, J.B. Holmes, Patrick Cantlay, James Hahn, Kevin Na, William McGirt, Jamie Lovemark, Chesson Hadley, Bryson DeChambeau, Scott Piercy, Chris Kirk, Nick Watney, Hunter Mahan, Matt Every.
  • Canadians: Nick Taylor, Benjamin Silverman, David Hearn, Corey Conners.
  • Europeans: Russell Knox, Martin Laird, Luke Donald, Graeme McDowell, David Lingmerth, Stephan Jaeger, Alex Cejka, Seamus Power, Jonas Blixt.
  • Australians: Aaron Baddeley, Rod Pampling, Geoff Ogilvy, Matt Jones, Greg Chalmers.
  • South Africans: Tyrone van Aswegen, Rory Sabbatini, Retief Goosen, Ernie. Els
  • Asia-Pacific: Anirban Lahiri, Byeong Hun An, Meenwhee Kim, CT Pan, Zhang Xin-jun, Marty Dou Zecheng, Vijay Singh, Sangmoon Bae.
  • Latin Americans: Abraham Ancer, Fabián Gómez, Camilo Villegas, Roberto Díaz.

Comments

• PGAroxPGArox Members Posts: 10,288 ✭✭
    Thanks for creating this thread, NaBUru38.

Just watched Inside the PGA TOUR on Golf Channel, where they featured web.com TOUR player and Las Vegas native A.J. McInerney, who makes his PGA TOUR debut this week in his home town just a month after surviving the tragedy at the Route 91 Harvest music festival. Powerful stuff.

Along those lines, Charley Hoffman has declared he is donating his entire earnings this week to a fund to help victims, survivors and families. Let's hope Charley has a great week.
  • kg92leftykg92lefty Members Posts: 2,331 ✭✭
    Greens look slow. Should make an easy course even easier.
  • JerseyBoyJerseyBoy Members Posts: 655
    edited Nov 2, 2017 #4
    PGArox wrote:

Thanks for creating this thread, NaBUru38.

Just watched Inside the PGA TOUR on Golf Channel, where they featured web.com TOUR player and Las Vegas native A.J. McInerney, who makes his PGA TOUR debut this week in his home town just a month after surviving the tragedy at the Route 91 Harvest music festival. Powerful stuff.

Along those lines, Charley Hoffman has declared he is donating his entire earnings this week to a fund to help victims, survivors and families. Let's hope Charley has a great week.

I watched it as well. Very powerful and truly horrific. The young man is a hero for driving as many people as he could fit into his Tahoe to safety. I hope he does well this weekend.

Charley Hoffman is following in Stacy Lewis' footsteps. Mad props. We need more people like them on this Earth.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,059 ClubWRX
    Love this tournament, love the course. I'm sure I could like this up but anyone know why Na WD?
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* Tensei orange CK 60
    Taylormade M2 2016 16.5* Matrix Tour Proto v-1
    Titleist 915hd 20.5* Rogue black 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT
    Titleist SM5 50/56/60
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV/Bridgestone BXS
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,990 ✭✭
    It looks more likely than not that there will be another twenty something winner on tour tomorrow.

Get set for a lot of Hossler hype if the 22 year old wins his first event.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

Get set for a lot of Hossler hype if the 22 year old wins his first event.

Kid can play.
  • NevinWNevinW Las VegasClubWRX Posts: 1,116 ClubWRX
    My home course. I play it about 70 times a year. Rewards good shots with birdies but get out of position and it will make you pay. Very hard place for chipping. I'll be there tomorrow.
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,411 ✭✭
    Wind was crazy on 18 at the end of round yesterday, felt bad for those last 4-5 groups that had to deal with those conditions.
    Driver - Home Ping G410 + 9.5*   Away Ping G400 Max 10*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • BreakingParBreakingPar Recovering golf club and golf ball hoarder... Members Posts: 2,331 ✭✭
    Tough luck for JJ. ****.

Just goes to show how hard it is to get a dub on the Tour
    WITB:
    GBB Epic 9* Graphite Design Tour AD TP-6x
    (Blank for now)
    R15 3H Aldila Rogue Black 85
    Apex UT 21* KBS Tour V
    MP-18 MMC 5 - PW Nippon Modus 120
    50* T7, 56* EF ATV
    Spider Tour Black
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,285 ✭✭

Tough luck for JJ. ****.

Just goes to show how hard it is to get a dub on the Tour

Yeah that's gonna leave a mark for sure.
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution  V2 High Launch - S
    TM M1 Tour Issue 14*  Maltby ProSeries Fwy- S
    Maltby KE-4 Tour 19*/23*  Kuro Kage Blk 80hy - S
    W/S Fi5 5-P  DGS300
    W/S FG Tour RAW 52/56/60  KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Newport Pro Platinum
    18 again. Yay.
    W/S Fi5 5-P  DGS300
  • dukemandukeman Members Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Can this get any slower or more boring?
    dukeman wrote:

Can this get any slower or more boring?

Its brutal
    W/S Fi5 5-P  DGS300
  • dukemandukeman Members Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Best argument for a shot clock ever
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 2,928 ✭✭
    edited Nov 5, 2017 #16
    Cjecka using GP CP2 Pro round iron grip on his putter? Love the feel of these grips on irons but would like to try a pistol shape putter grip with the "control core" too.

• proroboprorobo Members Posts: 3,205 ✭✭
    "Already better than Spieth."

~PLHR
    edited Nov 5, 2017 #18
    Well somebody had to win it. Congrats <the guy who won>.
    W/S Fi5 5-P  DGS300
    prorobo wrote:

~PLHR

Somewhere, Putz is celebrating five years late.

That was a trainwreck of a play-off, with Cantlay emerging "bloodied but unbowed."

(a little Vinnyism there image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />)

I believe Patrick will slowly become one of the top American players, adding yet another fine 20-something to an already impressive group of fine young American pros.

It looked for a short while that Beau Hossler might come away with this title, but he just couldn't find the spark today. He's another fine looking prospect.
  • nochct1nochct1 Members Posts: 3,376 ✭✭
    That was a really boring tournament.

nochct1 wrote:

I was glued to the screen for the final hour.
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,990 ✭✭
    edited Nov 5, 2017 #22
    prorobo wrote:

~PLHR

According to Nosferatu (@VC606) at 35 weeks this is the third quickest ascent from outside the world Top 1000 into the Top 50. Patrick will go to #42 in the world. He was expected to be this good and it's nice to see him overcome the years of turmoil to get there.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 10,008 ✭✭
    PGArox wrote:

nochct1 wrote:

that makes two of us
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • nochct1nochct1 Members Posts: 3,376 ✭✭
    2putttom wrote:

PGArox wrote:

nochct1 wrote:

that makes two of us

I guess boring is the wrong word because I did keep the TV on. But I thought the play down the stretch was sloppy. Nobody putting it on the green on the Par 3 (17?)And the nobody coming close to hitting the green on 18.
    nochct1 wrote:

2putttom wrote:

PGArox wrote:

nochct1 wrote:

that makes two of us

I guess boring is the wrong word because I did keep the TV on. But I thought the play down the stretch was sloppy. Nobody putting it on the green on the Par 3 (17?)And the nobody coming close to hitting the green on 18.

Oh, no doubt about it, nochct1. Very sloppy play and jangling nerves. But that can be dramatic in its own way. It's like watching an 11 year old show-off attempting to jump 15 trash cans on his Schwinn. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • NevinWNevinW Las VegasClubWRX Posts: 1,116 ClubWRX
    edited Nov 6, 2017 #26
    Since I was there, the reason that people had trouble with 17 and 18 was that wind came up and it got cold really fast. Both 17 and 18 get a lot harder when the wind blows, with water left and greens that slope towards the water. Everyone started bailing out to the right. Then they discover how hard it is to stop the ball going down the slope toward the water. I've ruined many a good round by finishing double bogey - double bogey on those two holes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    NevinW wrote:

Since I was there, the reason that people had trouble with 17 and 18 was that wind came up and it got cold really fast. Both 17 and 18 get a lot harder when the wind blows, with water left and greens that slope towards the water. Everyone started bailing out to the right. Then they discover how hard it is to stop the ball going down the slope toward the water. I've ruined many a good round but finishing double bogey - double bogey on those two holes.

The wind was obvious on TV as was the obvious bail outs to the right. But its not compelling TV watching guys decide to hope getting up and down for par will win it for them - which it ultimately did for Cantlay. I give Whee Kim credit for trying to bust one instead of bailing right. He seemed to recognize that the worst that could happen is he ends up T-2. No risk it, no biscuit.
    W/S Fi5 5-P  DGS300
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,914 ✭✭
    A PGA Tour event on WRX which hasn't even gone onto a second page the day after it has finished.

That finishing the season early and starting the next one the week after is really working isn't it?!
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 10,008 ✭✭
    NevinW wrote:

Since I was there, the reason that people had trouble with 17 and 18 was that wind came up and it got cold really fast. Both 17 and 18 get a lot harder when the wind blows, with water left and greens that slope towards the water. Everyone started bailing out to the right. Then they discover how hard it is to stop the ball going down the slope toward the water. I've ruined many a good round but finishing double bogey - double bogey on those two holes.
    I have played in that wind ( silver state residents have a name for it) and agree 100% . Pro standing on the tee facing those condition has to tell themselves ... No one remembers who finished second.
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • HandsomeDaveHandsomeDave Members Posts: 158 ✭✭
    the bishop wrote:

NevinW wrote:

The wind was obvious on TV as was the obvious bail outs to the right. But its not compelling TV watching guys decide to hope getting up and down for par will win it for them - which it ultimately did for Cantlay. I give Whee Kim credit for trying to bust one instead of bailing right. He seemed to recognize that the worst that could happen is he ends up T-2. No risk it, no biscuit.

I agree that it wasn't very compelling. I could only watch so many guys fail to try and take a shot on before I had to change the channel. I realize the degree of difficulty was off the charts, but I think there were a few guys out there protecting their position and going for a high finish, than trying for a bold (reckless?) shot.
    Ping G15 Driver, 3 wood
    TEE CBX 19* hybrid, TM RBZ Tour 4 hybrid
    Mizuno MP-5 5-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 50, PM 56, 60
    Cleveland Classic HB1
  • JerseyBoyJerseyBoy Members Posts: 655
    Was great to see a 1st time winner!

That wind looked brutal and good lord #18 looked treacherous.