Club Pro Guy

15678911»

Comments

  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭
    edited Mar 12, 2019 10:43pm #302
    halliedog wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    Just got a notice a while ago that there is a new podcast available with Jim Nantz! Can't wait to listen and see if he asks any hard hitting questions and if Nantz answers.



    **edit** What a snooze fest! CPG doesn't ask the hard-hitting questions, Nantz goes on and on incessantly and refuses to answer anything even remotely close to "controversial". And no ads for the Pig Pen or Bust a Nut Lunch Buffet.




    Geez, CPG shouldnâ€â„¢t have taken that interview



    Nantz is a boring dummy . Speaking of, on who wants to be a millionaire they had newscaster week. People from news stations, the pretty ladies or dudes in suits. They struggled soooo hard with the easy questions. Super nice people, just not very bright. :/




    Nantz is NOT a boring dummy. I've had dinner with him twice (not like me and him were sitting at a table together), but both in the same restaurant. Him, McCord, Faldo, and Ian were seated right behind us and he (they all) were easy to approach. Jim likes to talk about himself quite a bit, but if you don't press him on it, he'll open up a bit, maybe. Jim Nantz has called some of the most epic sporting events of my lifetime, and will go down as my "Vin Scully" or "Pat Summerall". The respect he shows for Ken Venturi and Frank Chirkanian makes me respect him even more.



    I think a lot of us think his job is easy, but let's face it, how well could YOU do if your schedule was being the voice of NCAA Final 4/ Masters/ Super Bowl?




    You stalked him?!



    I’m sure he’s nice. And yes I do not know him so I should shut up.



    Yeah his job and other newscasters it takes an almost burnt out circuit. You know the circuit you and I have for public speaking , where we are extremely self conscious and a little afraid.

    I just do not think they have that circuit or fear at all. And are so extroverted and thrive off the spotlight .

    It’s a cool gift they acquire or are born with .



    I have done some public speaking and had great reviews on my speeches . But what he and Faldo do is so scrutinized . I’m sure they do love their dinners!
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,386 ✭✭
    BB28403 wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    Just got a notice a while ago that there is a new podcast available with Jim Nantz! Can't wait to listen and see if he asks any hard hitting questions and if Nantz answers.



    **edit** What a snooze fest! CPG doesn't ask the hard-hitting questions, Nantz goes on and on incessantly and refuses to answer anything even remotely close to "controversial". And no ads for the Pig Pen or Bust a Nut Lunch Buffet.




    Geez, CPG shouldnâ€â„¢t have taken that interview



    Nantz is a boring dummy . Speaking of, on who wants to be a millionaire they had newscaster week. People from news stations, the pretty ladies or dudes in suits. They struggled soooo hard with the easy questions. Super nice people, just not very bright. :/




    Nantz is NOT a boring dummy. I've had dinner with him twice (not like me and him were sitting at a table together), but both in the same restaurant. Him, McCord, Faldo, and Ian were seated right behind us and he (they all) were easy to approach. Jim likes to talk about himself quite a bit, but if you don't press him on it, he'll open up a bit, maybe. Jim Nantz has called some of the most epic sporting events of my lifetime, and will go down as my "Vin Scully" or "Pat Summerall". The respect he shows for Ken Venturi and Frank Chirkanian makes me respect him even more.



    I think a lot of us think his job is easy, but let's face it, how well could YOU do if your schedule was being the voice of NCAA Final 4/ Masters/ Super Bowl?




    You stalked him?!



    I’m sure he’s nice. And yes I do not know him so I should shut up.



    Yeah his job and other newscasters it takes an almost burnt out circuit. You know the circuit you and I have for public speaking , where we are extremely self conscious and a little afraid.

    I just do not think they have that circuit or fear at all. And are so extroverted and thrive off the spotlight .

    It’s a cool gift they acquire or are born with .



    I have done some public speaking and had great reviews on my speeches . But what he and Faldo do is so scrutinized . I’m sure they do love their dinners!




    Didn't really "stalk" him. Every weekend during the Bridgestone a group of guys from the course I play will go to the Diamond Grill and it happens to be a pretty popular place with some of the golfers and TV team. Just so happened to be seated next to them a few times, and they were very friendly and talkative once dinner was over and having drinks. This last time Nantz seemed extremely sincere about his disappointment that Firestone would be losing the event and that he's always enjoyed coming and will miss it greatly. Side note, I never realized Faldo was big - that dude is jacked!
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • Pooh_BearPooh_Bear Members Posts: 99 ✭✭
    Podcast was as bad as advertised here. Any pod by that guy is good but when your guest won't answer then why even bother.
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭
    Pooh_Bear wrote:
    Podcast was as bad as advertised here. Any pod by that guy is good but when your guest won't answer then why even bother.




    Club pro guy has tasted the life of free well tequilas and tour tacos. But don’t fret people , his gambling habits will bring him back to us and his senses .
  • golfer07840golfer07840 Smart ass from Northwest NJMembers Posts: 1,744 ✭✭
    halliedog wrote:

    BB28403 wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    Just got a notice a while ago that there is a new podcast available with Jim Nantz! Can't wait to listen and see if he asks any hard hitting questions and if Nantz answers.



    **edit** What a snooze fest! CPG doesn't ask the hard-hitting questions, Nantz goes on and on incessantly and refuses to answer anything even remotely close to "controversial". And no ads for the Pig Pen or Bust a Nut Lunch Buffet.




    Geez, CPG shouldnâ€â„¢t have taken that interview



    Nantz is a boring dummy . Speaking of, on who wants to be a millionaire they had newscaster week. People from news stations, the pretty ladies or dudes in suits. They struggled soooo hard with the easy questions. Super nice people, just not very bright. :/




    Nantz is NOT a boring dummy. I've had dinner with him twice (not like me and him were sitting at a table together), but both in the same restaurant. Him, McCord, Faldo, and Ian were seated right behind us and he (they all) were easy to approach. Jim likes to talk about himself quite a bit, but if you don't press him on it, he'll open up a bit, maybe. Jim Nantz has called some of the most epic sporting events of my lifetime, and will go down as my "Vin Scully" or "Pat Summerall". The respect he shows for Ken Venturi and Frank Chirkanian makes me respect him even more.



    I think a lot of us think his job is easy, but let's face it, how well could YOU do if your schedule was being the voice of NCAA Final 4/ Masters/ Super Bowl?




    You stalked him?!



    I⤙m sure he⤙s nice. And yes I do not know him so I should shut up.



    Yeah his job and other newscasters it takes an almost burnt out circuit. You know the circuit you and I have for public speaking , where we are extremely self conscious and a little afraid.

    I just do not think they have that circuit or fear at all. And are so extroverted and thrive off the spotlight .

    It⤙s a cool gift they acquire or are born with .



    I have done some public speaking and had great reviews on my speeches . But what he and Faldo do is so scrutinized . I⤙m sure they do love their dinners!




    Didn't really "stalk" him. Every weekend during the Bridgestone a group of guys from the course I play will go to the Diamond Grill and it happens to be a pretty popular place with some of the golfers and TV team. Just so happened to be seated next to them a few times, and they were very friendly and talkative once dinner was over and having drinks. This last time Nantz seemed extremely sincere about his disappointment that Firestone would be losing the event and that he's always enjoyed coming and will miss it greatly. Side note, I never realized Faldo was big - that dude is jacked!




    Isn't Faldo like 6'3 ?

    Opinions are my own and are never to be taken seriously.
    and for God's sake, if you're going to whine about Jim Nantz, have the respect to spell his name correctly.
    WITTB:
    Driver: Callaway XHot Pro 9* Stiff
    3W: Tour Edge Exotics 13* Stiff
    3-4 HY: Callaway Rogue Stiff
    5-PW: Callaway Rogue Stiff steel, True Temper
    48* Titleist, 52* Callaway
    Putter: Nike Method
    Ball: ProV1 -- or whatever I find in the woods while looking for my ProV1

  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭
    Old naan says he has giants blood
  • jonsnowjonsnow GeorgiaMembers Posts: 1,294 ✭✭

    "Two-time Masters champion Ben Hogan, the Squire himself..."
    "...recurring bouts with Munchausen syndrome"

    I think I just shat myself.

    WITB:
    Titleist 910D3 9.5
    Titleist 917F2 15
    Titleist 910H 19
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Cameron Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

    Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,297 ✭✭

    That was really solid stuff by CPG
    I hope Adam Scott has a rollator for JDay to use in New Orleans

    Ping G410 LST 12* Blueboard TI 53x
    Ping G400 13.9* Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x 
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Mitsu KK 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping Blueprint 6-8i DG xp115 x100 p-spec
    Ping Blueprint 9i-PW DG s400 orange dot
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 50*, 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • 3jacker3jacker Members Posts: 1,004 ✭✭

    That's quality. Golf needed this guy.

    Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
    TM V-Steel 4wd Protopype 80X
    Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
    Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Cleveland 52*/58* CG10 KBS C-Taper X
    Sizemore XB-1
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,386 ✭✭

    @cardoustie said:
    That was really solid stuff by CPG
    I hope Adam Scott has a rollator for JDay to use in New Orleans

    What is a rollator? I hope JD can come back from the personal and physical depths that TW has, and claim another Major. Tiger has some noted health issues, but I don't think he ever ever suffered a severed spinal cord?

    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,297 ✭✭

    A rollator is a rolling walker. If you have an older parent or grandparent this might be familiar

    Ping G410 LST 12* Blueboard TI 53x
    Ping G400 13.9* Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x 
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Mitsu KK 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping Blueprint 6-8i DG xp115 x100 p-spec
    Ping Blueprint 9i-PW DG s400 orange dot
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 50*, 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,386 ✭✭

    I get the "roll" part, but where does the "ator" come from? In my part of the world we call them "walkers", and they all come with rolling wheels. My parent is of this age, but I'd never let her push when she can ride, so I got her this:

    https://www.theseniorlist.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Traveso-enclosed-electric-scooter-340x340.jpg

    Big selling point is the user weight limit of 600lbs, and tops out at 7mph (that's 11.2654kph to you). It's basically the Rolls Royce Phantom of Rascals.

    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • mocokidmocokid Members Posts: 1,841 ✭✭

    The opening of the square strike wedge is DOPE!!

  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,162 ✭✭

    Fowler , jt, keopka, karrie Webb ...... LMAO. I’ve made it 9 min in and had to stop. I can’t eat lunch and listen to this. It’s a choking hazard.

    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot


  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,386 ✭✭

    @bladehunter said:
    Fowler , jt, keopka, karrie Webb ...... LMAO. I’ve made it 9 min in and had to stop. I can’t eat lunch and listen to this. It’s a choking hazard.

    What were you listening to Blade?

    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,585 ✭✭

    He’s breaking down Bobby Jones’ swing at the moment and pointing why he wasn’t able to turn pro. Pretty great as always.

  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,162 ✭✭

    @halliedog said:

    @bladehunter said:
    Fowler , jt, keopka, karrie Webb ...... LMAO. I’ve made it 9 min in and had to stop. I can’t eat lunch and listen to this. It’s a choking hazard.

    What were you listening to Blade?

    The link on the first page. lol. Sorry. I hadn’t heard of this. I’m behind the times. As usual.

    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot


  • KillerPenguinKillerPenguin Members Posts: 584 ✭✭

    @mocokid said:
    The opening of the square strike wedge is DOPE!!

    I really apprecaite how CPG points out the custom grind and high quality Chinese manufacturing.

  • Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭

    @bladehunter said:

    @halliedog said:

    @bladehunter said:
    Fowler , jt, keopka, karrie Webb ...... LMAO. I’ve made it 9 min in and had to stop. I can’t eat lunch and listen to this. It’s a choking hazard.

    What were you listening to Blade?

    The link on the first page. lol. Sorry. I hadn’t heard of this. I’m behind the times. As usual.

    I am very jealous that you get to listen to all of this for the first time, haha!

    8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,386 ✭✭

    He seems to be slipping on his Blogs where he gives the updates on his GM/Beverage Cart Girl search/Miguel's progress on Course Improvements, and the letters he sends out to recent Tour winners, but his Podcasts and Twitter posts have been spot on! As @golfandfishing pointed out, last night he was showing actual stop action photos with lines drawn to show why Bobby Jones' game never translated to the pro level:

    Blade, just immerse yourself, you will not be disappointed and will probably end up buying a Tecate Cup hat or Yucatan Masters T-Shirt, like myself.

    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,386 ✭✭

    Alfonso writes:

    Following your lead, I always take a dump in the ladies locker room because it never gets used and I enjoy the privacy. However, last Thursday two women came in as I was in the stall enjoying an episode of SportsCenter on my Iphone. They changed clothes, used the stalls very near me, and all the while had a lengthy discussion about who was more 'bangable', Jon Snow or Jaime Lannister. I was completely frozen. I waited them out and am fairly confident they never knew I was there. Did I make the right call?

    A classic scenario. One I've faced many times. Here's the deal. In that situation you have three courses of action but truth be told, only two of them are realistic. You either announce that you are occupying a stall THE INSTANT that you hear women entering, or you gut it out in stone cold silence and pray that they don't see your size 13 Skechers and accompanying white tube socks under the stall door. Immediately announcing your presence is slightly embarrassing to be sure, but at least you're cutting your losses early. You can easily say that the men's locker room was closed or you are a club guest who got disoriented about which locker room was which. No harm, no foul.

    Now, going stealth (as you chose to do) is a super high risk, super high reward play that's not for the faint of heart. If you're able to pull it off, you eliminate any embarrassment whatsoever. However, if you somehow get discovered after these ladies have changed clothes and used the toilet right next to you, the embarrassment could be the least of your worries. In this day and age, the police could get involved. The good news is that depending how the stall doors are configured, your chances of getting caught are low, but proceed with extreme caution if choosing to go this route.

    The third option, and I hesitate to even call this an option, is to panic and announce your presence several minutes after the women enter but before they exit the locker room. This typically happens involuntarily when guys become overcome with guilt and panic. They freeze and are unable to announce their presence at the outset and then can't gut it out to the end, so they crack under the pressure at the worst possible moment. These guys end up getting the worst of all worlds.....They A) get caught, B) get branded as a perverted voyeur and last but not least, C) become known as a gutless wimp for surrendering for no reason. All in one attempted bowel movement.

    At the end of the day, fortune favors the bold. You made the right call.

    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,386 ✭✭

    Anything new with CPG? I listened to the Amanda Balionis Podcast, and it was rather bland, other than her using Aphibarnrat as her "safe word".

    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • KillerPenguinKillerPenguin Members Posts: 584 ✭✭

    @halliedog said:
    Anything new with CPG? I listened to the Amanda Balionis Podcast, and it was rather bland, other than her using Aphibarnrat as her "safe word".

    First and foremost, CPG is a sketch comic which is why his video posts are also so much better than his podcasts. The number of golf people willing/able to be funny (and in a mildly crass/blue way like CPG) is exceedingly small. Also, compare CPG's interview with No Laying Up (NLU) to any of his podcasts, and it's no contest - he's just as fantastic off the cuff as he is with a planned sketch. Not so much with any of his interviewees, Smiley Kaufman being a tiny bit of an exception and that was mostly because he was game, not because he's incredibly funny. Comedy is an art, and there's just not a deep bench of it in golf.

  • ChillyDipperChillyDipper Members Posts: 1,050 ✭✭

    @KillerPenguin said:

    @halliedog said:
    Anything new with CPG? I listened to the Amanda Balionis Podcast, and it was rather bland, other than her using Aphibarnrat as her "safe word".

    First and foremost, CPG is a sketch comic which is why his video posts are also so much better than his podcasts. The number of golf people willing/able to be funny (and in a mildly crass/blue way like CPG) is exceedingly small. Also, compare CPG's interview with No Laying Up (NLU) to any of his podcasts, and it's no contest - he's just as fantastic off the cuff as he is with a planned sketch. Not so much with any of his interviewees, Smiley Kaufman being a tiny bit of an exception and that was mostly because he was game, not because he's incredibly funny. Comedy is an art, and there's just not a deep bench of it in golf.

    I thought both Kisner and Scott Parel hung with CPG pretty well on the comedy front.

    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]WIMB:[/font]
    [font="trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif"]Callaway Epic Subzero[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G 3W[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 712U - 2i [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]VR Pro Blade - 3-9 [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM6 - GW SW LW[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]SC Newport 2 - AOP [/font]
  • TerpFangolferTerpFangolfer Members Posts: 594 ✭✭

    CPG "congratulatory" letter to Matthew Wolff today was an all-timer!
    said "your swing is not good" (even his massage therapist could see it...lol)
    And said Gankas dresses like a "homeless skater" ...epic!

    TM R1
    TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2
  • RedWings1RedWings1 Members Posts: 329 ✭✭

    CPG was just on the ITR Paulson's show Sirius XM.
    CPG is Awesome! You have to go back and replay it if you can get the podcast!!!!

    TaylorMade M4 Driver 9.5* - Fuji Pro TS 63s
    TaylorMade M1 5w 17* - Fuji Pro TS 83s
    Srixon ZH45 22* - KuroKage 70HYs
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW - GD Pro S300
    Honma TW-W4 Wedges: 50*, 54* & 58*/8* NS pro wedge Modus3 125
    Toulon Long Island w/ BGT Stability shaft 33.25"
    Bettinardi KM1 Standard w/ BGT Stability shaft 33.25"
    Srixon Z Star, BStone Tour B XS

  • OBbogey5OBbogey5 Falconer Members Posts: 1,003 ✭✭

    Don’t see the ITR podcast on my iPhone here.. any idea why?

Sign In or Register to comment.