GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

Club Pro Guy

Comments

• snagy2000snagy2000 Members  1928WRX Points: 439Posts: 1,928 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • oz dee ceeoz dee cee Members  514WRX Points: 104Posts: 514 Golden Tee

Club Pro Guy is a legend!

Posted:
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13959WRX Points: 2,766Handicap: 3.1Posts: 13,959 Titanium Tees

Wow, that was awesome, one of his best yet

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65.06 
    Ping G400 3w 15.1* Oban Kiyoshi Prp 65.05
    Ping G400 5w 16.9* Matrix Masters 7Q3 x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Kuro Kage 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey SM2 50-54tvd-59tvd-64 s400
    Titleist Scotty X7M

• golfinguru11golfinguru11 Nor CalMembers  333WRX Points: 227Handicap: 1.8Posts: 333 Greens

This is gold, Jerry. GOLD!

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5* - Aldila 130msi Rogue Black 60 tx 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Accra TZ6 75 x
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - VA Raijin 84 x
    Mizuno MP-54 (4,5) MP-20 (6-PW) - Nippon Modus 125 s
    Vokey SM7 RAW 52F 56S 60D - Nippon Modus 125 wedge
    Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball 

Lefty, Lead tape enthusiast
  • sportingpcsportingpc Members  170WRX Points: 39Handicap: +2Posts: 170 Fairways

On -, @rule_6 said:

Also, who is the **** that keeps trying to out him as racists and sexist on Twitter?

An actual former club pro who is convinced CPG ruined his career somehow because of a couple jokes when the account first opened. This latest video may be CPG's very best

Posted:
  • Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members  2801WRX Points: 1,098Posts: 2,801 Titanium Tees

On -, @sportingpc said:

On -, @rule_6 said:

Also, who is the **** that keeps trying to out him as racists and sexist on Twitter?

An actual former club pro who is convinced CPG ruined his career somehow because of a couple jokes when the account first opened. This latest video may be CPG's very best

Wait, what? I haven't seen anything like that. What's the @ ?

Posted:
    8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two

Advertisement
  • sportingpcsportingpc Members  170WRX Points: 39Handicap: +2Posts: 170 Fairways

On -, @Ashley Schaeffer said:

On -, @sportingpc said:

On -, @rule_6 said:

The guy keeps making fake accounts to bash CPG. I'd rather not send his real @ as the guy is battling some demons and I'd rather not pile on, hoping he can get his stuff figured out. That being said, CPG is one of the best guys around glad to see the account having so much success. Comedic genius!

Posted:
  • MooJerseyMooJersey MarylandMembers  602WRX Points: 137Handicap: 15.4Posts: 602 Golden Tee

On -, @rule_6 said:

Looks like Augusta National is coming for him with his "Yucatan Masters" parody shirts......

Is ANGC really going after him, or was it just part of the comedy?

Posted:
    Driver = Titleist TS2
    4W = Titleist TS2 (16.5*)
    7W = Titleist 917F2 (21*)
    Titleist T100 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX-4
    (50.08 Mid, 56.10 High, 60.5 Low)
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9390WRX Points: 3,025Posts: 9,390 Titanium Tees

On -, @MooJersey said:

On -, @rule_6 said:

Looks like Augusta National is coming for him with his "Yucatan Masters" parody shirts......

Is ANGC really going after him, or was it just part of the comedy?

They send their cease and desist early and often, so would not be surprised if the letter is real.

Posted:
  • Go_Blue!Go_Blue! HAIL! Members  1671WRX Points: 187Posts: 1,671 Platinum Tees

His Yukatan merchandise has been out for a long, long time now. I'm surprised AGNC is now just acting on it, if they truly are.

Posted:
    8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Blue 60TX
    15* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
    19* TM M1 w/80x Black Tie
    4-PW Srixon Z745 w/ TTDG X100
    Titleist SM6 52.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.10 S 
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Taylormade TP5
  • GeorgeHWBGeorgeHWB Members  2210WRX Points: 1,663Posts: 2,210 Platinum Tees

On -, @Go_Blue! said:

His Yukatan merchandise has been out for a long, long time now. I'm surprised AGNC is now just acting on it, if they truly are.

I'm guessing most ANGC members don't follow CPG.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MooJerseyMooJersey MarylandMembers  602WRX Points: 137Handicap: 15.4Posts: 602 Golden Tee

On -, @Go_Blue! said:

I guess there can't be much merit to their claim because he made it a subject of his video. Basically made them the butt of his joke. I imagine he consulted with a lawyer, but who knows.

Posted:
    Driver = Titleist TS2
    Titleist T100 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX-4
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• TerpFangolferTerpFangolfer Members  725WRX Points: 158Handicap: 6.2Posts: 725 Golden Tee

I guess if it did turn out to be real, and there is actual legal action filed - then we might find out who CPG really is :smirk:
    but it would probably also, unfortunately be the end of the CPG stuff

Posted:
    TM R1
    TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2
  • damnorcrossdamnorcross Members  716WRX Points: 73Posts: 716 Golden Tee

My mother in law works at that firm in Augusta, the cease and desist letter is legit.

Posted:
  • Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members  2801WRX Points: 1,098Posts: 2,801 Titanium Tees

On -, @sportingpc said:

On -, @Ashley Schaeffer said:

On -, @sportingpc said:

On -, @rule_6 said:

The guy keeps making fake accounts to bash CPG. I'd rather not send his real @ as the guy is battling some demons and I'd rather not pile on, hoping he can get his stuff figured out. That being said, CPG is one of the best guys around glad to see the account having so much success. Comedic genius!

I see that now in the bottom of the comment threads on Twitter. Pretty obsessed.

Posted:
    8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members  3662WRX Points: 1,173Posts: 3,662 Titanium Tees

On -, @MooJersey said:

On -, @Go_Blue! said:

I guess there can't be much merit to their claim because he made it a subject of his video. Basically made them the butt of his joke. I imagine he consulted with a lawyer, but who knows.

There is merit to the claim and he made a joke out of it anyways because it's his job to make funny things and he took advantage of the opportunity.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him stop carrying the "Yucatan Masters" gear or alter it in some way to placate Augusta National Inc. because he'd go bankrupt trying to battle them in court which obviously wouldn't make any sense.

He's doing the smart thing in trying to use it to his advantage on the marketing side.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • fsutankerfsutanker Members  342WRX Points: 110Posts: 342 Greens

I’d been meaning to buy one of those shirts and the fear of not being able to spurred me to action. There are some really good packages on his site now if you’re looking to get any gear.

Posted:
  • Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members  883WRX Points: 185Handicap: 13Posts: 883 Golden Tee

Anyone with a CPG polo care to comment on the fit? Think FJ maybe has some “athletic fit” and some more loose-fitting? A few years back all the FJ tops I tried on were enormous.

Posted:

On -, @straightshot7 said:

On -, @MooJersey said:

On -, @Go_Blue! said:

There is merit to the claim and he made a joke out of it anyways because it's his job to make funny things and he took advantage of the opportunity.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him stop carrying the "Yucatan Masters" gear or alter it in some way to placate Augusta National Inc. because he'd go bankrupt trying to battle them in court which obviously wouldn't make any sense.

He's doing the smart thing in trying to use it to his advantage on the marketing side.

True. I thought there was a lot of lee-way for using likeness when it comes to comedy and "art" though.

Posted:
    Driver = Titleist TS2
    Titleist T100 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX-4
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• straightshot7straightshot7 Members  3662WRX Points: 1,173Posts: 3,662 Titanium Tees

On -, @MooJersey said:

On -, @MooJersey said:

On -, @Go_Blue! said:

True. I thought there was a lot of lee-way for using likeness when it comes to comedy and "art" though.

Someone could probably get away with using Augusta National's IP a lot if they were just doing non-commercial activities (not selling anything).

ClubProGuy was selling the "Yukatan Master's Tee" on his website.. .so commercial purposes.

Not surprisingly the t-shirt has been removed from the site: https://clubproguy.com/products/the-91-yucatan-masters-t-shirt

Posted:
  • scoresscores scores Members  1389WRX Points: 132Posts: 1,389 Platinum Tees

I just read it and I am in tears laughing

Posted:
    Driver M1
    3W M1
    Irons Mizunos 64's 3 -pw
    Putter Spider
    58 Titleist
    52 Titeist
    Hybrid 2I Adams

Ball Taylor TP

Advertisement
  • SixcatSixcat SWVAMembers  1534WRX Points: 280Posts: 1,534 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
  • JD3JD3 Members  5075WRX Points: 411Posts: 5,075 Titanium Tees

That's crazy. Like spinal tap for golf

Posted:
    TM M1 2017 10.5 Aldila NV 2KXV Green X
    TM M1 2016 3W HL Motore 8.3 S 
    Ping G410 HB 19 KBS Graphite Tour Hybrid 85s+
    Callaway Apex 2019 4 - AW KBS Tour 120s (hard stepped 1x)
    Ping Eye2+ SW KT
    Yururi Tataki LW KBS Hi Rev 2.0X
    Ping Anser 2 Milled
    NDMC Grips (extra wrap lower half to reduce taper)
    Titleist AVX 
    UA Jordan Spieth 2
    Footjoy Tour Glove (optional, often times play without glove)
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Members  1928WRX Points: 439Posts: 1,928 Platinum Tees
    Posted:

On -, @MooJersey said:

On -, @MooJersey said:

On -, @Go_Blue! said:

Someone could probably get away with using Augusta National's IP a lot if they were just doing non-commercial activities (not selling anything).

ClubProGuy was selling the "Yukatan Master's Tee" on his website.. .so commercial purposes.

Not surprisingly the t-shirt has been removed from the site: https://clubproguy.com/products/the-91-yucatan-masters-t-shirt

On -, @MooJersey said:

On -, @MooJersey said:

On -, @Go_Blue! said:

Darn I should have grabbed one. Well looks like he replaced it with "Rey Rey's Creek". haha

Posted:
    Driver = Titleist TS2
    Titleist T100 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX-4
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• mocokidmocokid Members  2226WRX Points: 379Posts: 2,226 Platinum Tees

Those Yucatan masters Tees will be worth thousands $$$. His latest video on improving bunker lies a la Kuchar, is one of his best. LOLOL.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ProphetLogicProphetLogic Members  620WRX Points: 192Posts: 620 Golden Tee

On -, @Dr.Frankenputz said:

Anyone with a CPG polo care to comment on the fit? Think FJ maybe has some “athletic fit” and some more loose-fitting? A few years back all the FJ tops I tried on were enormous.

The CPG FJ polo I got was massive, it was a medium that fit like an XL. The CPG t shirts seem to be normally sized.

Posted:
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers  6287WRX Points: 1,539Handicap: mePosts: 6,287 Titanium Tees

On -, @mocokid said:

Those Yucatan masters Tees will be worth thousands $$$. His latest video on improving bunker lies a la Kuchar, is one of his best. LOLOL.

I liked when he got the bottle of water out.

I also like the fact that the ClubProGuy thread is in the Tour Talk Forum. I guess the famed Mexican Mini Tour counts as Tour Talk!

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Mizuno MP4 Attas 115X 4-PW (+0.5")
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 Forged 52* and 58*, DGS400 (both at 35.5")
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield/Taylormade TPA XVIII/Wilson 8802

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • airjammerairjammer Members  1351WRX Points: 338Handicap: 4.2Posts: 1,351 Platinum Tees
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members  6087WRX Points: 449Posts: 6,087 Titanium Tees

Did he get his amateur status back? How can he compete in the Thursday night golf league? I’m assuming it’s not a section event.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.