Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Club Pro Guy

167891012»

Comments

• oz dee ceeoz dee cee Members Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭✭

Club Pro Guy is a legend!

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that was awesome, one of his best yet

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 
    Ping iWedge 50* Tour Concept x100
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • golfinguru11golfinguru11 Bay AreaMembers Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭

This is gold, Jerry. GOLD!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5* - Aldila 130msi Rogue Black 60 tx 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Accra TZ6 75 x
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - VA Raijin 84 x
    Mizuno MP-54 (4,5) MP-20 (6-PW) - Nippon Modus 125 s
    Vokey SM7 RAW 52F 56S 60D - Nippon Modus 125 wedge
    Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball 

Lefty, Lead tape enthusiast
  • sportingpcsportingpc Members Posts: 163 ✭✭✭

@rule_6 said:

Also, who is the **** that keeps trying to out him as racists and sexist on Twitter?

An actual former club pro who is convinced CPG ruined his career somehow because of a couple jokes when the account first opened. This latest video may be CPG's very best

• Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sportingpc said:

@rule_6 said:

Also, who is the **** that keeps trying to out him as racists and sexist on Twitter?

An actual former club pro who is convinced CPG ruined his career somehow because of a couple jokes when the account first opened. This latest video may be CPG's very best

Wait, what? I haven't seen anything like that. What's the @ ?

8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • sportingpcsportingpc Members Posts: 163 ✭✭✭

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@sportingpc said:

@rule_6 said:

The guy keeps making fake accounts to bash CPG. I'd rather not send his real @ as the guy is battling some demons and I'd rather not pile on, hoping he can get his stuff figured out. That being said, CPG is one of the best guys around glad to see the account having so much success. Comedic genius!

• MooJerseyMooJersey MarylandMembers Posts: 530 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rule_6 said:
    Looks like Augusta National is coming for him with his "Yucatan Masters" parody shirts......

Is ANGC really going after him, or was it just part of the comedy?

Cobra F8+ Driver / HZRDUS Smoke
    Cobra F8 3W / Aldila NV 2KXV Blue
    Titleist 718 AP2 3-PW
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 50.08F
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 54.08M
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 60.04L
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MooJersey said:

@rule_6 said:
    Looks like Augusta National is coming for him with his "Yucatan Masters" parody shirts......

Is ANGC really going after him, or was it just part of the comedy?

They send their cease and desist early and often, so would not be surprised if the letter is real.

• Go_Blue!Go_Blue! HAIL! Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

His Yukatan merchandise has been out for a long, long time now. I'm surprised AGNC is now just acting on it, if they truly are.

8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Blue 60TX
    15* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
    19* Bridgestone J36
    4-PW Srixon Z745 w/ TTDG X100
    52.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.10 S Titleist SM6
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • BaddsBadds Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Go_Blue! said:
    His Yukatan merchandise has been out for a long, long time now. I'm surprised AGNC is now just acting on it, if they truly are.

I'm guessing most ANGC members don't follow CPG.

@Go_Blue! said:

I guess there can't be much merit to their claim because he made it a subject of his video. Basically made them the butt of his joke. I imagine he consulted with a lawyer, but who knows.

Titleist 718 AP2 3-PW
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• TerpFangolferTerpFangolfer Members Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess if it did turn out to be real, and there is actual legal action filed - then we might find out who CPG really is :smirk:
    but it would probably also, unfortunately be the end of the CPG stuff

TM R1
    TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2
  • damnorcrossdamnorcross Members Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mother in law works at that firm in Augusta, the cease and desist letter is legit.

• Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sportingpc said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

@sportingpc said:

@rule_6 said:

The guy keeps making fake accounts to bash CPG. I'd rather not send his real @ as the guy is battling some demons and I'd rather not pile on, hoping he can get his stuff figured out. That being said, CPG is one of the best guys around glad to see the account having so much success. Comedic genius!

I see that now in the bottom of the comment threads on Twitter. Pretty obsessed.

8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MooJersey said:

@Go_Blue! said:

I guess there can't be much merit to their claim because he made it a subject of his video. Basically made them the butt of his joke. I imagine he consulted with a lawyer, but who knows.

There is merit to the claim and he made a joke out of it anyways because it's his job to make funny things and he took advantage of the opportunity.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him stop carrying the "Yucatan Masters" gear or alter it in some way to placate Augusta National Inc. because he'd go bankrupt trying to battle them in court which obviously wouldn't make any sense.

He's doing the smart thing in trying to use it to his advantage on the marketing side.

• fsutankerfsutanker Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭

I’d been meaning to buy one of those shirts and the fear of not being able to spurred me to action. There are some really good packages on his site now if you’re looking to get any gear.

• Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone with a CPG polo care to comment on the fit? Think FJ maybe has some “athletic fit” and some more loose-fitting? A few years back all the FJ tops I tried on were enormous.

@straightshot7 said:

@MooJersey said:

@Go_Blue! said:

There is merit to the claim and he made a joke out of it anyways because it's his job to make funny things and he took advantage of the opportunity.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him stop carrying the "Yucatan Masters" gear or alter it in some way to placate Augusta National Inc. because he'd go bankrupt trying to battle them in court which obviously wouldn't make any sense.

He's doing the smart thing in trying to use it to his advantage on the marketing side.

True. I thought there was a lot of lee-way for using likeness when it comes to comedy and "art" though.

Titleist 718 AP2 3-PW
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MooJersey said:

@straightshot7 said:

@MooJersey said:

@Go_Blue! said:

True. I thought there was a lot of lee-way for using likeness when it comes to comedy and "art" though.

Someone could probably get away with using Augusta National's IP a lot if they were just doing non-commercial activities (not selling anything).

ClubProGuy was selling the "Yukatan Master's Tee" on his website.. .so commercial purposes.

Not surprisingly the t-shirt has been removed from the site: https://clubproguy.com/products/the-91-yucatan-masters-t-shirt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file