We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Club Pro Guy

Comments

• BaitkillerBaitkiller  1753WRX Points: 152Members Posts: 1,753
    I put the el chapo shirt on my Christmas list. I got a Oh **** No from herself. Sigh.
    Posted:
    Turn over damnit!
    Krank 9* Formula 5 UST Tour
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
    Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
    Betti-1
    K-sig
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy...  13111WRX Points: 983Members Posts: 13,111
    He was fun on twitter, then he randomly made fun of Bryan Gay and now I pity him.
    Posted:
  • halliedoghalliedog  2425WRX Points: 272Members Posts: 2,425
    Baitkiller wrote:

I put the el chapo shirt on my Christmas list. I got a Oh **** No from herself. Sigh.

I got my El Chappo shirt in, and it's actually a pretty decent shirt, just need to order a size larger than normal as these are more "athletic" fit. It's really pretty good material. If they run another "buy 3 get 1 free" promo between now and Xmas I'm going with the "Punch Out" and "Crucifixion" shirts bundled with a towel and a Tawny calendar for the workplace.

Either way, you've probably worked hard this entire year, and no matter what "herself" says you deserve to treat yourself a little? How many mani-petis did she get that you never knew about? Seen any new shoes/purses aroung the house lately?

I told my "herself" last night that she didn't need to get me anything (which she hasn't in the last 5 years since I already spend much of our disposable income on golf related purchases), because I'll get some CPG swag and wrap it up and label it

To: My Trophy Husband

Then on Xmas morning I'll finally have something to open in between the kids' and herself opening gifts, and I'll act all surprised and be like "herself, how did you know I wanted a CPG towel - you must really love me!"
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
    jslane57 wrote:

larrybud wrote:

I mean, how can't you love this?
    OMG, I just saw this twitter photo of Tiger and Thanksgiving trouble and spit my coffee all over my keyboard! LOL! Then immediately went over to twitter to "follow". How did I not know this???

Same with me. I finally discovered "Pod Casts", and he only has 6-7, but the first 2 I've listened to are hilarious, especially the one with Smylie where he asks him how hard it was to shut it down for 2016 with an elbow injury after he'd been "grinding out so many sub-80 rounds".
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Did anyone listen to the CPG podcast with Jerry Foltz? Foltz responds with to a question by saying, "Well you know, Rich..." Who could this "Rich" be?

I just listened to this podcast on the way home tonight and thought I heard the same thing! Right at the beginning where CPG is asking him about how he "came along in

91 and really gave the tour a jolt of energy. You played a total of 7 PGA Tour events in your career and made $7048.00. Talk about A) What was that experience was like, and B) What was it like to be exposed to that much money at such a young age."

Right at 3:07 : "Well, see the thing that what I really felt Rich"
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • ClintDaggerClintDagger  580WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 580
    halliedog wrote:

Did anyone listen to the CPG podcast with Jerry Foltz? Foltz responds with to a question by saying, "Well you know, Rich..." Who could this "Rich" be?

I just listened to this podcast on the way home tonight and thought I heard the same thing! Right at the beginning where CPG is asking him about how he "came along in

91 and really gave the tour a jolt of energy. You played a total of 7 PGA Tour events in your career and made $7048.00. Talk about A) What was that experience was like, and B) What was it like to be exposed to that much money at such a young age."

Right at 3:07 : "Well, see the thing that what I really felt Rich"

When he did the parody of the Phil commercial I thought the dance moves were reminiscent of Beem winning the PGA.
    Posted:
    TM ’16 M2 Tour 8.5* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75g / 6.5
    TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14* Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 80 X
    TM P-790 (2-4 iron) TT Dynamic Gold X Seven
    TM P-760 (5-7 iron) TT Dynamic Gold X Seven
    TM P-730 (8-PW) TT Dynamic Gold X Seven
    Titleist Vokey SM 6 52* 08-F
    Titleist Vokey SM 5 60* 04-L
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Te I3

Advertisement
  • OBbogey5OBbogey5 Falconer  1024WRX Points: 170Members Posts: 1,024
    Seems like new interviews are every three to four weeks. CPG...I’m gettin a little itchy.
    Posted:
  • norge5norge5  1492WRX Points: 57Members Posts: 1,492
    Hilarious. Found out my second wife slept with 3 of my teammates and 2 of the Guatemalans.

I miss the baggy golf shirts that went down to elbow and , if it fit really well, maybe even below the elbow.
    Posted:
  • GolfTurkeyGolfTurkey  612WRX Points: 141Members Posts: 612
    Unless Beem is really good at voice acting, I don't think he is CPG. CPG's voice is much deeper and he sounds consistent (not like someone faking a voice and occasionally slipping up and reverting to their real voice.)
    Posted:
  • BMCBMC  3710WRX Points: 562Members Posts: 3,710
    GolfTurkey wrote:

Unless Beem is really good at voice acting, I don't think he is CPG. CPG's voice is much deeper and he sounds consistent (not like someone faking a voice and occasionally slipping up and reverting to their real voice.)

I agree with this. CPG is a voice actor, comedian, or actor. His delivery is too "pro". Never the less, he's very funny. Great writers.
    Posted:
    Titleist 917D2
    TM V-Steel 3 wood
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18 Hybrid
    Srixon i701 Tour irons
    Vokey 52 & 58 wedges
    Odyssey 1WS putter
    BMC wrote:

GolfTurkey wrote:

I agree with this. CPG is a voice actor, comedian, or actor. His delivery is too "pro". Never the less, he's very funny. Great writers.

Whoever it is is using a voice modulating thing. I'm not saying it's Rich Beem, but definitely someone with some Pro golf background. ****, maybe someone who actually played the Mexican Mini Tour.

It's now humorous to me that this is becoming more of an enigma wrapped inside a mystery than anything else. I expect to be in line at the grocery store checkout line one day and glimpse the National Enquirer touting they have finally "outed" CPG!
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Advertisement
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦  300WRX Points: 64Members Posts: 300
    FLIP IT‼️‼️‼️
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 10.5 ADBB 6s
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, SM7 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
    Scotty T22 Teryllium 1.5 FB
  • bigchucksrbigchucksr  313WRX Points: 52Members Posts: 313
    Now that really is "catching lightning in a bottle"! Not only that but he puts iron head covers in the right perspective. Love it.
    Posted:
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, Florida 2283WRX Points: 610Members Posts: 2,283
    I am assuming there are a few people handling the account because the quality and consistency of the content have really jumped in the last 2 months.
    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
    3 Wood: Titleist TS2 w/HZRDUS Smoke
    Hybrid: Titleist 718 H2 w/Atmos Blue TS 
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Bridgestone XS
  • pcs11pcs11  1227WRX Points: 173Members Posts: 1,227
    Did anyone catch his video with Robert Streb? CPG teaching him how to "flip it" at impact.

Posted:
    Cobra F8+ 10.5° - Fubuki K 60
    Callaway XHot 3Deep 14.5 ° - KuroKage Tini Proto 70
    Callaway X2Hot Pro 19° - Diamana B 70
    Mizuno MP 18 FliHi (3-4) - Matrix Altus
    Mizuno MP 54 (5-9) - KBS $Taper Lite 100
    Vokey 46° 52° 58° - KBS Tour 115
    Bettinardi BBF1 or Bettinardi Kuch2
  • bigchucksrbigchucksr  313WRX Points: 52Members Posts: 313

BMC wrote:

I suspect "Club Pro Guy" is a professional actor or comedian with outside writers for the material. His delivery is just too professional for him to be an actual club pro.

Nah. His delivery is simply the merging of 3 or 4 different common personalities in the golf business. Anyone that has worked in a few golf shops sees himself and/or coworkers in there.
    I agree, this is just too authentic to be scripted to the degree this guy was able to take it--he actually sounds like some the club pros our club has had over the years.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to Canada 13043WRX Points: 1,974Members Posts: 13,043
    That Streb video is pretty funny

Certainly Beem's body size/type
    Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65 06
    Callaway Xhot 3 Deep 14.5* Fubuki 73x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17* Aldila NVS 85x 
    Callaway Apex v1 3h 20* AD DI 95x
    Cally Apex v1 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x
    Mizuno 919T 6-G UST Recoil 95 f4 
    Vokey sm2 54*m & 59*m TVD 
    Callaway PM 64* UST 110 f4
    Yes Donna

'19 Index 0.9 ~ 3.7
  • Zz24hoursZz24hours  117WRX Points: 75Members Posts: 117
    The character would fit Will Ferrel perfectly 😁
    Posted:
  • lchanglchang  640WRX Points: 150Members Posts: 640
    pcs11 wrote:

Did anyone catch his video with Robert Streb? CPG teaching him how to "flip it" at impact.

https://www.youtube....h?v=KKcK1DQ1CnQ

Huge props to Streb for that one!!
    Posted:
  • cwglumcwglum  1588WRX Points: 160Members Posts: 1,588
    The Strebb video is instant gold ...
    Posted:
    I hadn't seen that one yet, pretty good.

Waiting on a "Flash Sale" on his website where you can pick any 3 Tees and get the CPG towel gratis. I really want the towel, but also need the Punch Out/Crucifiction/Oldsmobile Scramble Tees for less than a hundo.
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Advertisement
    Just listened to the Steve Scott podcast.

"Our paths crossed briefly in '97 at the Mexican Open where you finished as Low Am and I was DQ'ed for assaulting a volunteer".

How does someone even come up with this - pure gold!
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • Tim SherwoodTim Sherwood  385WRX Points: 112Members Posts: 385
    The first time I ever saw CPG I thought 'thats Rich Beem'. Seems I'm not the only one.
    Posted:
  • Lennon MccartneyLennon Mccartney  394WRX Points: 26Members Posts: 394
    imakaveli wrote:

He was fun on twitter, then he randomly made fun of Bryan Gay and now I pity him.

Club Pro Guy is perfect...if you don't get or like his humor...i pity you
    Posted:
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to Canada 13043WRX Points: 1,974Members Posts: 13,043
    OK I just watched Rich Beem putting on youtube.

I then watched Rich Beem - as CPG - putting in his quick rake video. 100% it is Beemer, his grip and with the stomping feet to settle in clearly give it away.

CPG even wears Beemer's old favorite color pair of pants in pretty much in every video
    Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65 06
    Callaway Xhot 3 Deep 14.5* Fubuki 73x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17* Aldila NVS 85x 
    Callaway Apex v1 3h 20* AD DI 95x
    Cally Apex v1 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x
    Mizuno 919T 6-G UST Recoil 95 f4 
    Vokey sm2 54*m & 59*m TVD 
    Callaway PM 64* UST 110 f4
    Yes Donna

'19 Index 0.9 ~ 3.7
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy...  13111WRX Points: 983Members Posts: 13,111

imakaveli wrote:

Club Pro Guy is perfect...if you don't get or like his humor...i pity you

Hey buddy! Hope everything is fine in your basement, Marry Xmas! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • straightshot7straightshot7  3380WRX Points: 859Members Posts: 3,380
    cardoustie wrote:

I then watched Rich Beem - as CPG - putting in his quick rake video. 100% it is Beemer, his grip and with the stomping feet to settle in clearly give it away.

CPG even wears Beemer's old favorite color pair of pants in pretty much in every video

CPG looks slightly too small/skinny to be Beem, in my opinion.

Look at this:

That guy looks skinnier and younger than Beem. Look how skinny is forearms are. I don't think Beem's have ever been that skinny.

Also, Rich seems pretty busy doing other things like being an analyst for Sky Sports.

Would he really go to the lengths and have the time to do this and care about selling those t-shirts, etc. online? I don't see it.
    Posted:
  • Aaronwilson_95Aaronwilson_95  906WRX Points: 124Members Posts: 906
    I don’t care who CPG is , I just love his content and think the witch hunt to find him will eventually force him out of the content
    Posted:
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses  10697WRX Points: 567Members Posts: 10,697

cardoustie wrote:

CPG looks slightly too small/skinny to be Beem, in my opinion.

Look at this:

That guy looks skinnier and younger than Beem. Look how skinny is forearms are. I don't think Beem's have ever been that skinny.

Also, Rich seems pretty busy doing other things like being an analyst for Sky Sports.

Would he really go to the lengths and have the time to do this and care about selling those t-shirts, etc. online? I don't see it.

I don’t think the person portraying CPG is Beem, but wouldn’t be surprised if Beem is part of CPG somehow
    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna

Advertisement
    Surely we have a WRX member from the KC Metro area who can spend a few evenings per week at the Bottoms Up staking things out, seeing who Tawny leaves with after her shift? I'm sure we could put together a funding account to pay for some time in the Pig Pen to make it worth their while image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />!
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.