Callaway Black Friday Deals - live deals - details inside

Comments

• Pi5seekerPi5seeker Posts: 831 ✭✭
    Qwiklap wrote:

Pi5seeker wrote:

Qwiklap wrote:

Was quoted 146.99 shipped on a Epic SZ 3 wood.

Anyone know anything about the Speeder Evolution 565 Stiff in a fairway wood? I like lighter shafts. Tad (the person I spoke to) suggested that or the Fuji Pro 62 Green for higher launch mid/low spin -- which I what I want for a 3 wood (15*).

I tried the 665 in an Epic driver and liked the higher ball flight but thought it was pretty soft for a stiff flex.

Thanks - after reading some more reviews. I think the Rogue Max 65 S-flex might be a better choice. How boardy is the Diamana White Board 60?

I've never hit the white board but own the Rogue silver and can't load it and barely get 9* launch and the white board is supposed to launch even lower.
    Cobra F8 10.5* Evenflow Blue
    Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
    Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
    Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
    Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* Spinner
    Odyssey Works Versa 1W
    Z-Star
    Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry
  • salmon2salmon2 Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited Nov 9, 2017 #93
    Qwiklap wrote:

Pi5seeker wrote:

Qwiklap wrote:

Was quoted 146.99 shipped on a Epic SZ 3 wood.

Anyone know anything about the Speeder Evolution 565 Stiff in a fairway wood? I like lighter shafts. Tad (the person I spoke to) suggested that or the Fuji Pro 62 Green for higher launch mid/low spin -- which I what I want for a 3 wood (15*).

I tried the 665 in an Epic driver and liked the higher ball flight but thought it was pretty soft for a stiff flex.

Thanks - after reading some more reviews. I think the Rogue Max 65 S-flex might be a better choice. How boardy is the Diamana White Board 60?

I have a white board 70X and it is extremely boardy with very low launch and a big spin skiller. Obviously the 60 S will be softer than that but I have found that the entire line of shafts is lower spin and launch than most other shafts of the same weight and flex rating.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Bandy1080Bandy1080 Members Posts: 653
    I’ve got the rogue in both epic driver and fairway wood. Love it. The white board felt like I was swinging a 2x4. Very boardy.
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 894 ✭✭
    They've got some handcrafted Hzrdus Blacks available that they'll deal on.
  • Jdavenp3Jdavenp3 Members Posts: 824 ✭✭

How do you get in on those?
    WITB:

*Taylormade M4 8.75* Evenflow Black HC 6.0 65g
    *Taylormade M4 15* Tensei Blue
    *Taylormade 2014 Rescue TP 18*
    *Taylormade P790 4-AW Nippon Modus 105 T stiff
    *Callaway MD3 Lucky Clover 56* & 60*
    *Taylormade Spider X-navy w/ single sightline
    *2019 ProV1X-yellow
    *Nike camo cart bag.
    *Nike Vapor React 2 & Nike Air Max 1g
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 894 ✭✭
    Jdavenp3 wrote:

How do you get in on those?

I asked about the 7S in black and they had just sold old. Saw the Hzrdus when I typed in black.

They told me they could do it for under $200. Just didn't have the right length and weight for me.

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/golf-clubs/shafts/optifit-shafts/shafts-optifit-2-project-x-hzrdus-black-70.html#product-refinements

• QwiklapQwiklap An aspiring hacker ... Members Posts: 582 ✭✭
    I ended up getting the BOGO on a 58* PM-Grind and a 54* MD3 S-grind -- both for $117 that includes adjusting the lie on both to 1* flat.

Two like new wedges (which I think we know really means new) for less than $60 each. Sweet!
    Cobra F9 9* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange V2 60TX (44.5")
    Ping G400 3W Stretch @ 12.4* w/ Ping Tour 70X (43")
    Cobra F8+ 4-5W @ 16* w/ Stock NV Green S-flex (42")
    Cobra F7 2-3h @ 19* w/ VA Composites Raijin 84 hybrid four
    Srixon Z565 5-PW & Z765 AW w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S-flex
    Callaway MD PM-Grind 56* & 60*
    Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 Arm Lock or
    Odyssey Metal X #7 Arm Lock
  • NAM2212NAM2212 Members Posts: 934 ✭✭
    Got an XR16 "like new" 3 and 5 wood for my dad for $140 shipped. Awesome deal!
  • pappaf2pappaf2 Members Posts: 3,467 ✭✭
    Just put in an order for the bogo MD3 wedges. Couldn't pass up to deal for a 52w and 58w "like new" for $100. Feel like I'm essentially saving $160 over new.
  • nikeblades00nikeblades00 Members Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I got an epic 3 wood good condition with rogue max black for $130. Im 3 for 3 thus far ordering good condition. Hope it continues. What a deal!
  • GibsonlesGibsonles Members Posts: 72
    really tempted to order some MD3 wedges...
  • mctrees02mctrees02 Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,278 ✭✭
    Belmont148 wrote:

I think this new 25% lower price is just a marketing trick. You should get the price you see, and then get the other BOGO free, or 30% off the price you see. When they ran the 20% GIMME code, the irons I was looking at were $500 without the 20% code, now they show up at $500 and "claim" 25% lower price. When I order I expect to get 30% off the $500 or I won't be purchasing.

Welcome to buying from CPO. Anytime the advertised discounts grow, the advertised price of the clubs moves up. On the whole, their "best" buying times are around Black Friday and again in March/April when their prices on 18+ month old models take a notch down and they offer a 50% trade-in bonus on used clubs.

If you have Callaway clubs to trade-in, you typically get a very fair value and the 50% bonus nets you a very nice return. Unlike the advertised/discounted sales price on their inventory, their trade-in values don't move buy 1 or 2 times per year so you're not getting messed with on that side of the transaction.
  • jmac13jmac13 Members Posts: 741 ✭✭
    mctrees02 wrote:

Belmont148 wrote:

I think this new 25% lower price is just a marketing trick. You should get the price you see, and then get the other BOGO free, or 30% off the price you see. When they ran the 20% GIMME code, the irons I was looking at were $500 without the 20% code, now they show up at $500 and "claim" 25% lower price. When I order I expect to get 30% off the $500 or I won't be purchasing.

Welcome to buying from CPO. Anytime the advertised discounts grow, the advertised price of the clubs moves up. On the whole, their "best" buying times are around Black Friday and again in March/April when their prices on 18+ month old models take a notch down and they offer a 50% trade-in bonus on used clubs.

If you have Callaway clubs to trade-in, you typically get a very fair value and the 50% bonus nets you a very nice return. Unlike the advertised/discounted sales price on their inventory, their trade-in values don't move buy 1 or 2 times per year so you're not getting messed with on that side of the transaction.

Do they typically offer 50% trade in bonus during Black Friday sales?
  • lil'mikelil'mike Members Posts: 1,264 ✭✭
    Not sure if it is still going on but last week they had the 50% trade in bonus.
  • nikeblades00nikeblades00 Members Posts: 71 ✭✭
    Pretty sure that 50% bonus was only towards new callaway purchases and not preowned.
  • lil'mikelil'mike Members Posts: 1,264 ✭✭

Pretty sure that 50% bonus was only towards new callaway purchases and not preowned.

Correct.
  • mctrees02mctrees02 Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,278 ✭✭
    jmac13 wrote:

mctrees02 wrote:

Belmont148 wrote:

Not in my experience. I’ve only seen the trade-in bonus come in the spring. I checked my emails and it has been there in March/April every year since 2013.
  • mctrees02 wrote:
    jmac13 wrote:

mctrees02 wrote:

Belmont148 wrote:

Not in my experience. I’ve only seen the trade-in bonus come in the spring. I checked my emails and it has been there in March/April every year since 2013.

Do they offer the 50% trade bonus on Callaway Pre Owned for Used clubs or is it just offered on brand new Callaway clubs?
  • Bece2117Bece2117 MassachusettsClubWRX Posts: 1,593 ClubWRX
    orion1123 wrote:
    mctrees02 wrote:
    jmac13 wrote:

mctrees02 wrote:

Belmont148 wrote:

Do they offer the 50% trade bonus on Callaway Pre Owned for Used clubs or is it just offered on brand new Callaway clubs?
    usually just new
    Adams CB2 4-GW
    Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
    Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron Aldila Tour Blue
    Rogue SZ Accra TZ6
    Rogue 3 Wood Evenflow Blue
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 2
  • Bimmer1Bimmer1 Members Posts: 2,535 ✭✭
    They offer the 50% trade bonus through Callaway pre-owned at least once a year........but not at this time.
    The Epic with Speeder 665 is so tempting because it’s the driver I hit best at my local store. The problem is I have a Z545 with a Rogue silver that I bought a few rounds ago and I don’t want to lose too much. On the other hand, if I buy another shaft that doesn’t work then I’m SOL.
    Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
    Odyssey Works Versa 1W
    Z-Star
  • jb20jb20 Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Buy one get one fairway/hybrid is up now
    edited Nov 14, 2017 #114
    $290 for XR pro fairways and Apex hybrids...so tempting!
    Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
    Odyssey Works Versa 1W
    Z-Star
  • Radeon962Radeon962 ClubWRX Posts: 1,912 ClubWRX
    BOGO fairway/hybrid does not apply to Epic/SubZero but it sounds like CPO has something coming next week that will apply to Epic/Subzero based on their tweet back to me this morning.

• fawleyfawley Posts: 351 ✭✭
    Picked up a like new set of Apex CF16 / Pro combo irons, 4-GW, like new for $600 with the 30% off coupon - free shipping / no tax.

They're the wrong shafts for me, but I'm going to have Club Champion build them with the correct shafts and specs they recommended at my fitting. Even paying CC to do the build, my total price is going to come in significantly under what a new set would have cost me from Callaway or ordering through a local store.
  • Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    The epic deal that is coming is 30% which you can get now if you have an account on CPO.
    Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • jb20jb20 Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    30-50% off drivers including epic up now
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,242 ClubWRX
    "like new" SZ for $259 shipped is tempting
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • Puttersaurus RexPuttersaurus Rex one swing at a time Members Posts: 493 ✭✭
    jb20 wrote:

30-50% off drivers including epic up now

Thank you! Just purchased a Fusion to try out. Best price of the year so far (40% off).
    Fusion 10.5
    EX10 Beta 16.5 and/or XCG7 Beta 18

XCG7 Beta 22
    Zu85 5
    565 6-pw
    RTX 3 50.10, 54.08
    SM7 58.08

Long neck putter
  • skisnutzskisnutz Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    edited Nov 15, 2017 #121
    Ordered on Friday and my 15* and 18* EPIC fairways arrived yesterday (Tuesday). Paid $147 each with the 30% discount. Ordered "like new" with fubuki alpha 70x shafts in both. Clubs came in plastic and were brand new. Great deal for sure. Hit them last night at the range. These are good clubs!
    Ping G400 Max 9.5* TPT Golf 16 MKP-MT-SW
    Ping G400 14.5* TPT Golf 15 LKP-MT-SW
    Cobra F9 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85s
    Srixon U85 22* Graphite Design Tour AD-95x
    Srixon 585 5-P N.S. Pro Modus Tour 105s
    Cleveland RTX-4  50, 54, 58 N.S. Pro Modus Wedge 115
    Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Custom
    Srixon Z-Star XV