Brag on yourself thread!

Comments

• ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ferguson wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Holed out for eagle today from 220 yards image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

That's got to feel special.

It still does. It was one of those shots where I said "that could be good" while it was in the air. I couldn't tell from where we were that it had gone in but when we got to the green there was no golf ball. So, I walked to the back bunker to see if it went long (which it hadn't, obviously) then I walked to the cup and my golf ball was waiting for me at the bottom of the hole.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • zoned_post_meridiemzoned_post_meridiem Members Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    shotmark wrote:

Drove a 310 yard par 4 with my 2 iron last weekend.

3 putted for par from 12 ft.... SICK

Ah the 3 put par. Golf's most disappointing moment.

Yeah, but you'll always remember that 310 yard 2i shot.

The memory of the three puts will soon be erased by many more 3-puts.
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy Members Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to see if Tiger stopped by . . .

. . . he's obviously a modest man ; )
    Cobra King F7 9*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • jeffblais09jeffblais09 Members Posts: 440 ✭✭

shotmark wrote:

Drove a 310 yard par 4 with my 2 iron last weekend.

3 putted for par from 12 ft.... SICK

Ah the 3 put par. Golf's most disappointing moment.

Yeah, but you'll always remember that 310 yard 2i shot.

The memory of the three puts will soon be erased by many more 3-puts.

they haunt my dreams
    WITB:

Taylormade M3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70-TX tipped 1 1/2 in.

Taylormade SLDR Mini-Driver 12* Matrix Black 8M3 tipped 1 1/2 in.

Taylormade P790 2-5i DG Tour Issue X100

Taylormade P730 6-PW DG Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM8 54M & 60M

Giannini G-1

Vice Pro+ Neon Red
  • PigemsPigems Members Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 25, 2018 #396
    I played what will probably be my last round of golf for the season last Sunday, I struck the ball pretty well too. I ended up with 10/14 Fir and 12/18 Gir for total of 78, with 37 freaking putts lol.
    910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
    910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
    910h 20* Hybrid - S400
    712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
    SM5 51*, 55*- S300
    TVD 59* M - S300
    Studio Select NP2
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    Worked out 4 days in a row. Feeling good Joey D style
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • arbitragearbitrage Norwalk, CTMembers Posts: 857 ✭✭
    Sunday, my buddy and I joined up with a single and were playing at a brisk pace (all walkers - under 3 hour pace). On 7 we caught up to the group in front of us and were waiting for the green to clear. The ranger came up to us and asked if we wanted him to talk to the group in front. I said that we just caught up to them and didn't understand why they were taking so much time on the greens which were punched earlier in the week. He hung out with us after the green cleared. My buddy hits his approach pin high 20' left. Our playing partner hits his approach to 12'. I hit my approach and it hits the back of the green and spins back to 4' below the pin. The ranger drives off and says "I think I'll go talk to them." We all grinned at each other and started laughing. We were not playing particularly well and looked like pro's to the ranger. Yes, I birdied.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero - 12.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]5 Wood: Callaway Epic Subzero- 17 Deg - [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] GD Tour AD MT - &S[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hybrid: Callaway Epic - 20 & 23 deg - Recoil 780 F5
    Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 - 6i-SW - Recoil 110 F4
    Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
    Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
    Ball: Taylormade TP-x
    Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font]
  • sappytopsappytop Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    started really focusing on nutrition and golf focused exercise about 3 months ago. i'm 48 so i've gotta work super hard to stay in shape. i've managed to lose 16 lbs so far. now if i can only reduce 16 shots on the course lol
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ALClubWRX Posts: 3,260 ClubWRX
    sappytop wrote:

started really focusing on nutrition and golf focused exercise about 3 months ago. i'm 48 so i've gotta work super hard to stay in shape. i've managed to lose 16 lbs so far. now if i can only reduce 16 shots on the course lol

That’s great! I’m about to start doing the same thing.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Mizuno JPX 850 2 hybrid
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4-pw
    Mizuno T7 50/55/60 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216 Members Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 17, 2018 #401
    I'm going to brag on one special golf ball that broke 3 records for me..

1: Lowest tournament round ever. 68(par 72, 6800yds)

2: Longest usage ever - 60 holes (3 straight 18 hole rounds and then lost it on the 7th holes 4th round)

3: Lowest cumulative score to par - (-11) over 3 straight rounds and 6 holes of the 4th round.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • sappytopsappytop Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    bogeypro wrote:

sappytop wrote:

That's great! I'm about to start doing the same thing.

there's a youtube video on rory mcilroy's workout by a personal trainer who worked out with rory. i did it this morning for the first time minus the pullups. i was toasted after 30 minutes but i felt great because it's very golf specific, starts with stretching and then does some explosive stuff.

good luck!
  • pholwaypholway Members Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭
    I can layup from the rough on par 4s like nobody else.
    TM M4 Oban Devotion 6 04
    Titleist TS2 13.5* Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Callaway Epic 5W set to 17* Project X Hzrdus Yellow (Handcrafted) or Ping G15 17* Aldila Serrano 75R (yep, Regular Flex Serrano)
    Titleist 915 HD 21.5* GD AD DI Hybrid 75s
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-AW KBS C-Taper Lite S
    Vokey SM6 KBS C-Taper R
    Odyssey EXO Seven S
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I once played in a charity event with a few celebrities in the mix. Catherine Zeta-Jones was playing in the group ahead of us. Decent game. She was walking off a par-3 green and I yelled, "Ferguson thinks you're alright." Without a second thought, she yelled back, "You tell Ferguson never to call me."
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a poor round today, seem to have developed a wild hook in the last two days...

However, I hit four absolutely stunning 6 and 7 irons to within 6 feet from 156-179 yards. Arrow straight, excellent trajectory, three of them stopping on a sixpence, the fourth had to be sliced around a tree, judged perfectly and ran to pin high.

Stupid game really isn’t it, crap score but some absolute gems of shots, one even got a clap from a guy waiting on the tee.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Cobra King Ltd Black 5 Wood Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Ping G410 19 Hybrid Stiff Alta
    Titleist 818 H1 23 Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW (#4 at power spec loft)
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X and 64 S
    Cleveland RTX4 54 MID
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3, Studio Stock #28 Slotback, Studio Stock #38 & BB39
    Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
    Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
  • dicko999dicko999 I call it "Celebration" Members Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭
    I hit a straight shot off the hosel. No joke. I thought only Chuck Norris was capable.
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*, 13.5*, 17*
    Ping G400 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50*F, 56*M, 62*M
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #3
  • Jacked_LoftJacked_Loft Steps Ahead Members Posts: 487 ✭✭
    I've gone 2 years without tinkering on my swing, and am hitting the ball better than ever.

I've also saved about $500 on range fees and balls.

Aside from the short game, I may never practice again.
    WIMB:

`16 M1 9.5 Fuji Evo TS 661
    `17 M1 3&5 Kuro Kage 70
    P790 3I Nippon 950
    P770 4-GW Nippon 950
    MG 56° LB KBS REV
    Spider Tour BLK
    H2NO Carry
  • bestrnd35bestrnd35 Members Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    A group of guys from my church get together for a golf weekend, which happened to be last weekend. We play three days spending each night at our church camp. On Saturday we play a scramble so that guys get to know each other. My idea was to have a "skirt" hole, with the concept being if your tee shot does not make it to the forward tees, you have to wear a skirt for the entire hole.

It so happened that the 18th was the hole we picked. Long story short, I was in the last foursome and there was one skirt left on the tee box. My tee ball was long and left but cleared the forward tees. Seeing it was my idea to introduce the skirt hole, I thought the least I could so was wear it in the hole.

We are on the par 4 in two about 40 feet from the hole. The other three guys missed to putt which left it up to me.

Boom! Nothing like walking in a 40 footer with your putter raised wearing a long pink shirt in front of 25+ golfers. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Driver - Cobra F8 (plays 44.5")
    Callaway Fusion 3, 5 woods
    Callaway X-Hot N14 hybrids
    Callaway X-Hot 6-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54, 60
    Titleist SM6 50
    Odyssey White Hot Pro Vline
  • mikpgamikpga www.mikedeitersgolf.com Members Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Won the 2018 SOPGA Youth Player Development Award...
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    Shot my best round of the year, 71 today. -1 with two birdies. Felt good and made some cash.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
    My top golf league team beats the Topgolf pros team almost every week. 😂. To be fair though, we have: a former mini tour player, 2 class a pga pros, 2 pga level 2 guys, and my hacking self. I know it’s not golf, but the leagues are pretty fun.

mikpga wrote:

That’s awesome! Congratulations
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Mizuno JPX 850 2 hybrid
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4-pw
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,811 ClubWRX
    Ferguson wrote:

I once played in a charity event with a few celebrities in the mix. Catherine Zeta-Jones was playing in the group ahead of us. Decent game. She was walking off a par-3 green and I yelled, "Ferguson thinks you're alright." Without a second thought, she yelled back, "You tell Ferguson never to call me."

Copy of the restraining order or it never happened.
  • 11forgedblades11forgedblades Members Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Nov 1, 2018 #413
    I filled my putter shaft full of sand as a last resort to "smooth out" my stroke. I now have zero distance control...but those tap ins are AUTOMATIC!
    COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF
    TITLEIST 585H (21*)-TTDG S300
    COBRA FLY Z PRO (5-PW)-TTDG S300
    TAYLOR MADE TP Z (56*)-TTDG S300
    BETTINARDI BABY BEN -33"
  • arbitragearbitrage Norwalk, CTMembers Posts: 857 ✭✭
    I got my first HOI on Thursday on the 2nd hole at Longshore in Westport, CT. I hit an un-wrx-like 8 iron to a mid pin at 146yds to a morning dew covered green. We couldn't see it land due to the reflection off the dew so when we got up to the green we were looking in the rough behind the green. My playing partner went to check the pin and motioned me over. It didn't hit me until I saw the ball in the hole. Exhilarating to say the least.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero - 12.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]5 Wood: Callaway Epic Subzero- 17 Deg - [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] GD Tour AD MT - &S[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hybrid: Callaway Epic - 20 & 23 deg - Recoil 780 F5
    Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 - 6i-SW - Recoil 110 F4
    Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
    Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
    Ball: Taylormade TP-x
    Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font]
  • mikpgamikpga www.mikedeitersgolf.com Members Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    mikpga wrote:

And to add...

During our Awards Night, we inducted Paul Thomas into the SOPGA Hall of Fame. His grandson was in attendance, which made the evening even more special!
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still awesome and the chicks still dig me. Although I am 56, I have the libido of a 19 year old. I like fast cars and enjoy a good maduro on occasion (Cigar/Women)

Since we are asked to brag on ourselves, Chuck Norris sent me a friend request.......haven’t accepted yet.
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan MidwestMembers Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY after taking 9 years away from the game and coming back last spring I walked off 18 today shooting even. Played medium tees so the slope was only 120, but the starting temp. was in the 40's still and the wind was 12-15 and gusty. I really wanted under par and had birdie putts of 1,6,12, and 15feet on the last 4 holes and only made one while missing the other 3 by a cumulative 8 inches or so. Of course always, would have could have should have...BUT I am very happy to be wrapping up the season playing my best golf of the year.
    Taylormade M5 driver with Tensei Orange stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 5 wood with Tensei Blue stiff
    Taylormade M6 Rescue 19 degree with Atmos orange stiff
    Taylormade P790 5i with Recoil 95 F4 shaft
    Taylormade P770 6i-AW with Recoil 95 F4 shafts
    Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 with KBS
    Taylormade Spider X

First single OEM I have played and love it
  • roundersmittyroundersmitty Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Today was 5C (41F) with wind. Played at Rolling Hills Challenge Par 70 rating of 62.8. Shot a 68, 2 under par. Tees were forward, but greens were punched. Hit only 9/18 but had 25putts. My best round this cold and late in the year. Swinging easy and taking more club helped. And I was using a Wilson Elite 50 ball lol
    2017 M1 10.5* Kuro Kage 60s
    Exotics 16.5* Exotics Fuji 72s
    Adams XTD ti 20* Red Tie S
    TM P770 4-P Steelfiber i95s
    TM MG 50*,56*,60* Steelfiber i95s
    Odyssey EXO Seven S
    My team win Topgolf league tonight at our location!! Was a really fun time going shot for shot against another team, side by side. Came down to the last shot. Other team hit a hook and missed.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Mizuno JPX 850 2 hybrid
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4-pw
  • dropkickeddropkicked TorontoMembers Posts: 493 ✭✭✭✭
    I can survive 4 months of hibernation until the golfing season returns...
  • GolfMonster09GolfMonster09 PING Staff 2019 Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Made my first ever albatross on Sunday while on a golf trip in Phoenix with some members at my club. Didn't get to see it go in, but screamed like a little girl when we got to the green and it was in the cup.
    PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
    PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro White TX 70
    PING i500 3 iron - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
    PING Blueprint 4-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
    PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
    PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file