Bridgestone TourB XW-1 wedges

2»

Comments

• miboymiboy Posts: 670

Wish they would offer the 48* in Japan in NA as well.

Not to many options when it comes to bounce.
  • stevemacstevemac Members Posts: 537 ✭✭
    Bimmer1 wrote:

I wanted to try a 58/8 but only see a 58/12 on the U.S. website. Can't believe they aren't offering a lower bounce option in the 58.

I was ready to pull the trigger but didn't like the higher bounce as the only option. If I go with the higher loft and strengthen then I get some offset I don't want to get the bounce. I ran through the custom option twice but so far I have held off.
  • Bimmer1Bimmer1 Members Posts: 2,535 ✭✭
    stevemac wrote:

Bimmer1 wrote:

I wanted to try a 58/8 but only see a 58/12 on the U.S. website. Can't believe they aren't offering a lower bounce option in the 58.

I was ready to pull the trigger but didn't like the higher bounce as the only option. If I go with the higher loft and strengthen then I get some offset I don't want to get the bounce. I ran through the custom option twice but so far I have held off.

Apparently Bridgestone’s staff doesn’t have a clue. The website listed 58/12 as the only option. I emailed them and they said the 58/8 would not be available in the U.S. Then I found a seller that had two 58/8’s in the U.S. so I bought them and emailed pics to Bridgestone customer service. They couldn’t explain how I got 58/8 wedges. Then I emailed the serial #’s and they finally replied that they were mistaken and the website is wrong. The 58/8 is avaliable in the U.S. and not the 58/12. They have to correct the website. Really???
  • mason82mason82 Members Posts: 777 ✭✭
    Just got mine, so far so good. Look great and feel awesome.
    Taylormade M6, Oban Kiyoshi HB
    Taylormade M5 15*, Atmos TS Black
    Taylormade M4 5HL, Atmos TS Red
    Miura MC 501, P-4, PX LZ 6.0
    Miura 2018 wedge 51*, S400
    Miura 2018 wedge 55*, S400
    Miura 2018 wedge 59*, S400
    Odyssey versa 9
  • Jesse SanchezJesse Sanchez The Knife Members Posts: 278 ✭✭
    Raised Micro groves like Callaway MD 4? Just by the photos?
  • Bimmer1 wrote:

stevemac wrote:

Bimmer1 wrote:

Apparently Bridgestone’s staff doesn’t have a clue. The website listed 58/12 as the only option. I emailed them and they said the 58/8 would not be available in the U.S. Then I found a seller that had two 58/8’s in the U.S. so I bought them and emailed pics to Bridgestone customer service. They couldn’t explain how I got 58/8 wedges. Then I emailed the serial #’s and they finally replied that they were mistaken and the website is wrong. The 58/8 is avaliable in the U.S. and not the 58/12. They have to correct the website. Really???

I've been playing that j33 combos since 2005 and while those are the only Bridgestone sticks in my bag I do love the company.

However, between the point that you made regarding the wedges in the website error and just the straight difficulty of finding their products, their online presence is really quite poor.
  • andre2youandre2you Members Posts: 626 ✭✭
    You know I didn't even check the bounce on the 58 when I received it, I thought I was ordering the 58/12, I need to contact Bridgestone....

but here are a few pic with the XW-1 wedges and the X-CB PW.

Irons:
    Bridgestone TourB X-CB 3-PW w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
    Woods:
    Bridgestone XD-3 9.5* Hzdrus Black 6.0
    TourEdge Exotics CBX 15" Hzdrus Black 6.0
    TourEdge Exotics CBX 18" Hzdrus Yellow 6.0

Wedges:
    Bridgestone XW-1 52* w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
    Bridgestone XW-1 56* w/KBS C-Taper Stiff

Putter:
    Scotty Cameron 5w custom w/UST frequency filtered shaft
    Ball:
    Wilson FG Tour
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    Very thick sole.
    andre2you wrote:

You know I didn't even check the bounce on the 58 when I received it, I thought I was ordering the 58/12, I need to contact Bridgestone....

Did you order yours directly from Bridgestone? Apparently the 58/8 and 58/12 are available in Japan but not here.
  • andre2youandre2you Members Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Bimmer1 wrote:

andre2you wrote:

Did you order yours directly from Bridgestone? Apparently the 58/8 and 58/12 are available in Japan but not here.

I ordered directly from the Bridgestone website. I thought it was was 58/12 based on the website but as you when it arrived it was a 58/8.
    Irons:
    Bridgestone TourB X-CB 3-PW w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
    Woods:
    Bridgestone XD-3 9.5* Hzdrus Black 6.0
    TourEdge Exotics CBX 15" Hzdrus Black 6.0
    TourEdge Exotics CBX 18" Hzdrus Yellow 6.0

Wedges:
    Bridgestone XW-1 52* w/KBS C-Taper Stiff
    Bridgestone XW-1 56* w/KBS C-Taper Stiff

Putter:
    Scotty Cameron 5w custom w/UST frequency filtered shaft
    Ball:
    Wilson FG Tour
    andre2you wrote:

Bimmer1 wrote:

andre2you wrote:

I ordered directly from the Bridgestone website. I thought it was was 58/12 based on the website but as you when it arrived it was a 58/8.

They don’t have a clue what they are selling. They told me more than once that only 58/12 was available and 58/8 would not be available in the U.S. so I didn’t place an order with them. Now it turns out I could have ordered a 58/8 from the website the entire time. How do you run a golf company like this?
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,199 ✭✭
    Bimmer1 wrote:

andre2you wrote:

Bimmer1 wrote:

andre2you wrote:

They don't have a clue what they are selling. They told me more than once that only 58/12 was available and 58/8 would not be available in the U.S. so I didn't place an order with them. Now it turns out I could have ordered a 58/8 from the website the entire time. How do you run a golf company like this?

Ask Wilson. They know. And I'm a fan - check out my sig.
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    TM M1 Tour Issue 14* - Maltby ProSeries Fwy - S
    W/S FG Tour F5 20*/23* - Fubuki  z80 Hybrid - S
    W/S FG62 5-P - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS  Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Newport Mil-Spec Pro Platinum
    Bimmer1 wrote:

These are now available on Bridgestone website for $99. Just FYI and all of their clubs are on sale with great prices!
  • buchanebbuchaneb Posts: 352
    edited Aug 17, 2018 #45
    stevemac wrote:

Bimmer1 wrote:

These are now available on Bridgestone website for $99. Just FYI and all of their clubs are on sale with great prices!

How do you buy them on the website? I see text for "buy now" but no actual clickable link.

Nevermind - I found it:

http://shop.bridgestonegolf.com
    buchaneb wrote:

stevemac wrote:

Bimmer1 wrote:

How do you buy them on the website? I see text for "buy now" but no actual clickable link.

Nevermind - I found it:

http://shop.bridgestonegolf.com

Yep-
  • Justin2017Justin2017 Members Posts: 15
    Golfdiscount.com has them in black or chrome for $69.
    Cobra King LTD Pro Aldila Rogue Silver X

Cobra King LTD 3 wood Aldila Rogue Silver X

Srixon Z 565/765 4-PW Nippon Modus 130 S

Cleveland Wedges

Ping Anser 4 milled

Srixon Z Star, at least for today
  • theothertwotheothertwo Members Posts: 2,478 ✭✭
    andre2you wrote:

Thanks for posting these photos, I am interested in these wedges. How do you like them and what do you compare them with? How is the 58/8 out of the bunkers? Vokeys, Clevelands? I am thinking of upgrading my old Bridgestone WC wedges. Thanks.
    Honma TW 727 455s 10.5* Driver
    Honma TW 727 18* 5 Wood
    Honma TW 727 22* Hybrid
    Honma TW 727 25* Hybrid
    Miura CB 57 4-PW Irons
    Miura 2018 Tour Wedges 52* and 58*
    Taylor Made TP Black Copper Ardmore 3 Putter
  • youngunz5840youngunz5840 Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭
    I have the 54 and love the club. Really good feel and distance control.
  • cmgolfcmgolf Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Just got a 58. Looks great. I have played a mack daddy 60 bent 58 U grind for a few years. Have not played the XW-1 yet but the sole inspires confidence.
    Justin2017 wrote:

Golfdiscount.com has them in black or chrome for $69.

Thanks, ordered the 52 and 58 chrome.
    Honma TW 727 18* 5 Wood
    Honma TW 727 22* Hybrid
    Honma TW 727 25* Hybrid
    Miura CB 57 4-PW Irons
    The 58/8 is my favorite wedge. I’ve purchased extras since they have discounted them.
  • Seve0992Seve0992 Members Posts: 200
    jchaywood wrote:

That black finish looks so good. Any idea on grind/bounce options?

It just looks to me like the 14* bounce is 10* or less. Any thoughts? Am I seeing it wrong?
    Whats in the Bag:
    Titleist 917 9.5 Regular
    Titleist 915 16.5 Regular
    Titleist 818 19* Stiff
    Titleist 716 AP2 4 & 5
    Titleist 716 CB 6-7-8
    Titleist 716 MB 9 & PW
    Ping Glide 52 - 56WS - 60 WS
    Intelligent Design Putter
    edited Dec 6, 2018 #54
    Seve0992 wrote:

jchaywood wrote:

It just looks to me like the 14* bounce is 10* or less. Any thoughts? Am I seeing it wrong?

They all have a Vokey M grind style sole grind (C grind).

50/8

52/8

54/10

56/14

58/8

60/6
    edited Dec 8, 2018 #55
    Bimmer1 wrote:

Seve0992 wrote:

jchaywood wrote:

They all have a Vokey M grind style sole grind (C grind).

50/8

52/8

54/10

56/14

58/8

60/6

That's great, the Vokey M grind works for me.

Update: I just got them and like everything about them so far.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Honma TW 727 18* 5 Wood
    Honma TW 727 22* Hybrid
    Honma TW 727 25* Hybrid
    Miura CB 57 4-PW Irons
2»