2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Best Push Carts for 2018

igolfchip

Interested to see if anyone has opinions they'd like to share about current and anticipated 2018 push carts?

I have an old Clicgear that needs to be replaced after 6+ years of heavy use.

Love the clicgear products, but frankly, don't like that push cart manufacturers are omitting a built in cup holder (never go out without my trusty 32oz McDonald's large soda cup). I know I'd lose or leave the Clicgear snap on cup holder in about 5 minutes in the trunk of my car more times often than not.

The cart that has my attention is the Big Max Blade +. Love how small it collapses to and still has a built in, gravity/swivel cup holder.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased a Stewart Push Cart this past summer, and have been real impressed with the cart. It's a British-designed push cart that has a really cool folding system, and can handle any golf bag whether it's a stand bag or a cart bag. They're now available in the U.S. by visiting www.stewartgolfusa.com.

Mike

MPM1960

Callaway Paradym X Driver, 10.5 Degrees (one inch shorter than standard)
Callaway Paradym X 3 Wood (+2 degrees)

Callaway Paradym 7 Wood

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha Hybrids, 5H, 6H and 7H

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha Irons, 8-PW, AW, GW and SW

Cleveland Smart Sole Full-Face LW
Odyssey Eleven Putter, 34 inches length

Clicgear are crooks. Caddytek is basically the same cart, with cup holder and umbrella holder included, and a cooler for beers, for half the price. I’ll be honest, I always like to have the best of the best, but in this case it’s a no-brainer. Caddytek for $119 @ Costco.

Clicgear comes with a cupholder and umbrella holder, so i'm not understanding your complaint (other than the price?). I've used my CG 3.5 for > 5 seasons and it has held up great. I'm a fan, despite the price.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased a Stewart Golf R1-S Push Cart. They have a 20% off Christmas Coupon if you ask. Unique design. If it gets here on Friday, as scheduled, I will play Saturday, and offer an initial review.

UPS now tells me it won't arrive until Monday .... argh... so no weekend review.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I play a lot of events, and the cart I most commonly see is Clicgear, because it is simply the best looking/functioning pushcart our there IMO. They expensive, but very well worth it, I have used a Clicgear basically all of my golfing life and I've never really had any problems. The cart I had before my Clicgear's was a Sun Mountain Micro-Lite and it fell apart, with only maybe 6 months to a year of use.

[color=#0000cd][size=5] ---WITB---[/size][/color]

Driver: M2 2017 8* w/Project X PXv 39
3 Wood: XR16 14.5* w/Project X LZ 60 Handcrafted
Driving iron: Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 17* w/KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 85
Irons: Apex Pro 5-PW w/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
Wedges: Milled Grind Antique Bronze 50, 55, 60 w/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Custom
Ball: TP5X

I play a lot of events, and the cart I most commonly see is Clicgear, because it is simply the best looking/functioning pushcart our there IMO. They expensive, but very well worth it, I have used a Clicgear basically all of my golfing life and I've never really had any problems. The cart I had before my Clicgear's was a Sun Mountain Micro-Lite and it fell apart, with only maybe 6 months to a year of use.

SM has beefed up the Micro Cart over the years - started out at 13 lbs, it is now muscular at almost 17 lbs. Guess they deleted plastic and went with more aluminum or steel.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I was going to preach about how much I love my Sun Mountain v1 push cart but one of the 3 spokes of the plastic rim broke and 30 minutes later (same front nine) the entire wheel broke off. So I had to carry my bag, drink, speaker and push cart up the worst 9th hole imaginable (straight up hill).

Cheapest wheel replacement is $35 + shipping. Seems excessive considering I bought the cart for $90-100 at a tent sale at golfsmith.

I was going to preach about how much I love my Sun Mountain v1 push cart but one of the 3 spokes of the plastic rim broke and 30 minutes later (same front nine) the entire wheel broke off. So I had to carry my bag, drink, speaker and push cart up the worst 9th hole imaginable (straight up hill).

Cheapest wheel replacement is $35 + shipping. Seems excessive considering I bought the cart for $90-100 at a tent sale at golfsmith.

Had the same problem with the wheel. They are not as good as the older version with the spoke wheels.

Just purchased a Stewart Golf R1-S Push Cart. They have a 20% off Christmas Coupon if you ask. Unique design. If it gets here on Friday, as scheduled, I will play Saturday, and offer an initial review.

You asked them directly for the 20% off?

I asked for a promo code -- did not want to pay $299 when most are 179-219, so the code XMAS20 got it within range. I added an accessory net.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I just bought the CaddyTek EZ Fold 3 wheel that is sold at Costco. After thinking long and hard about it, I couldn't justify another $100 for a Clicgear. I'm also usually heavily swayed by reviews before I buy a product and the CaddyTek has a lot of good reviews, particularly by people who have used the cart for multiple seasons. While I'm sure a Clicgear cart would be great as well, I was satisfied that the CaddyTek is also a worthy product. For around $100, it seemed like it would be hard for me to go wrong with it.

I've yet to even use it for a round so I can't give you a review, however, I think the positive reviews from others who have had it for multiple seasons speaks for itself.

Busy this week, but will offer this after a round with the Stewart Golf R1-S Push Cart.

Arrived in a box ready to go. No assembly required.

Easy to fold out and put away - there is the logo tab that you pull out to expand and retract the legs - simple after the first time. Folds small, similar to Clicgear. The acessary net is larger than Clicgear and offers more room. This is my first time on solid tires as I've pushed a SM Speed Cart V1 for 20 yrs. I like the pneumatic tires for rolling, but the solid tires are better in tough/extreme/wet conditions - wider helps a bit. Noticed that the old style taller diameter wheels were better at balance than the new carts. That was the only advantage I can see of the ancient V1 versus new style carts. The Steward pushes a bit easier than Clicgear.

As to the Stewart, it ihas a smaller wheel upfront as compared to Clicgear but I just lift up the wheel from the handle and it goes over any obstacle easily. The Stewart is well assembled and goes straight, the brake is excellent. The handle has a great, tactile grip for your hands, the rangefinder is easy to locate in the net, the water bottle holder is expandable for different size diameters and holding the bottle without rattling around. The accessory tray is well designed. It also has clips under the handle to locate extra golf balls so you don't have to fish around in your bag. The umbrella attachment is there just like SM; there is also a magnetic ballmarker just below the handle center, which easily pops out for you. It has two pencil holders on top and a band to hold a scorecard in view.

As to other accessories, they do have winter mittens that attach to the handle, umbrella loops so the umbrella can attach to the cart instead of wrestling it from the bag, insulated bottle holder, storage bin for the cart during travel, a rain cover for your bag, travel bag if you care to take it with you, and this cart is so good, I might do that for Bandon, etc.

It's a high quality cart that does everything well and folds easily into a small package.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I just bought the CaddyTek EZ Fold 3 wheel that is sold at Costco. After thinking long and hard about it, I couldn't justify another $100 for a Clicgear. I'm also usually heavily swayed by reviews before I buy a product and the CaddyTek has a lot of good reviews, particularly by people who have used the cart for multiple seasons. While I'm sure a Clicgear cart would be great as well, I was satisfied that the CaddyTek is also a worthy product. For around $100, it seemed like it would be hard for me to go wrong with it.

I've yet to even use it for a round so I can't give you a review, however, I think the positive reviews from others who have had it for multiple seasons speaks for itself.

I'm toying about getting the CaddyTek from Costco as well, but I like the Clicgear Model 8 because it has 4 wheels. More stability.

EDIT: I was looking at Costco's website. I see that Amazon has the 4 wheel model.

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

I purchased the CaddyTek from Costco also, and it should arrive tomorrow! Even though there's snow on the ground, I'll post some pictures of it and give my first impressions. Couldn't beat $100 deal and the reviews are somewhat mixed, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

The only mixed reviews I've seen her for the four-wheel model, not the three wheel model. The reviews for the three wheel model all seem to be positive.

I have a 3 wheeled caddytek model from like 5 years go - zero problems, and has been a great cart. I'm looking to move to this 4 wheeled version because it has some features mine doesn't and I like how the 4-wheeled cart has the bag sitting a little more vertical. https://www.tgw.com/accessories/golf-carts/golf-push-carts/caddytek-one-v4-push-cart

I like the insulated cooler in the bag, the built in phone/gps holder seems sweet, and at less than 17 pounds it's 4 or more pounds lighter than the clicgear 8 model. It has 92 reviews at an average of 4.7 and since my last caddytek cart has help up so well I have no reservations about it. I've seen it priced as low as $119 in the last couple of weeks. I see there's a 20% of promo that ends today too.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

So my CaddyTek 15.3 V2 came yesterday and I just got around to unboxing and putting it all together. I will say it was pretty simple to put together, all the parts were there and all I had to do was follow the directions; pretty self explanatory really. The only thing is that there was a rattle in the piping of the handle. So I took the handle off and sure enough, there were 2 loose, what looked like broken aluminum objects. Once I put it all back together, no rattle and everything looked awesome! I did go around and tighten some of the screws and nuts so it didn't wobble. I put my bag on it and had no issues. Now I wish there wasnt any snow on the ground and it wasn't December so I could take this out on the course!

Have 6 rounds with the Stewart Golf USA cart -- rolls well and straight, convenient - very pleased, even with a stand bag on it.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I have had my Caddytek from Costco for the past year. I used it 3 times a week from June 1st - August 10th. Never had a problem with it and it was well worth it. I was about to pick the Clicgear but I actually picked the Caddytek not because of the money savings but rather because it was a 2 button setup as opposed to the 1 button and 2 hand levers on the Clicgear. IMO the Caddytek is superior because of that and the 100 bucks was just an additional bonus.

Throw the Sun Mountain 3.5LS + the Caddytek from Costco and it is ridiculously light to push around. It didn't even feel like I was working on the uphills.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your ideas!

Again, I had the Cliqgear, but they cup holders became and issue, regardless of the quality of their pushcarts.

I lucked out and found an open box BigMax Blade + with the OLD styled cupholder (yup, BigMax has gone to an external quick lock cup holder for 2018 - saw these for the first time at local Golf Galaxy).

The cart was 50% off at Amazon, only $150 vs. $300 for brand new and frankly, the box was unopened and the cart never used.

I've used it for a couple rounds - a few impressions:

1) Folding in and out of car? The instructions for folding are in german and a little hard to understand. Once you understand the process for opening and closing, you'll find this a breeze to open & close. I'm amazed how little space this takes up in the trunk of my car.

2) On course: Very light and easy to push. Rolls out a lot - need to make sure you use the brakes. Very stable and center of gravity is low to the ground, so not likely to flip over like many of the cheaper carts. Also, found that the clip system was favorable for a stand bag (wouldn't put too much pressure on the stand lever).

I need to start walking more so this thread caught my interest. I have a birthday coming up soon so I think I'm going to ask my wife for the Caddytek from Costco. Seems like just the cart I'm looking for!

Does the Sun Mountain C-130 cart bag work ok on this cart?

I can't comment on the particular combo you're asking about, but I have the four wheeled CaddyTek (One V4 Push Cart). I still use a stand bag, because when I go to the driving range or practice area I don't like to setup and use my push cart. I just carry my bag there, and having the stand legs is nice. I currently have the Ogio Shredder (2017 I think) and it sits great in my cart. The upper bag holder has a recessed area where stand legs sit without issue.

I went to Costco's site and it does appear that model also has the recesses for stand bag legs.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

• 2 months later...

I got my girlfirend a Caddytek 2 years ago, one of the ones with 3 large wheels. I like it so much I got myself one last year. They push easy, hold my golf bags very securly, and fold up decently. I had and older one with the small front wheel, but the small wheel makes it more difficult to push.

My girlfriends father has a Clic Gear which folds up a little tighter, but otherwise it's not better then the caddyteks.

My only complaint is its very difficult to find replacement cupholders

• 2 months later...
I purchased a Stewart Push Cart this past summer, and have been real impressed with the cart. It's a British-designed push cart that has a really cool folding system, and can handle any golf bag whether it's a stand bag or a cart bag. They're now available in the U.S. by visiting www.stewartgolfusa.com.

Mike

MPM1960

That looks pretty cool.