Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Artisan Golf Wedges- Mike Taylor and the old "Oven" crew that made Tiger's clubs

Comments

• easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,306 admin

I teach at the range that shares property with artisan and Mike T was my first boss out of college years ago. With that I have a good relationship with them and have been down there quite a bit. In fact, I saw these wedges earlier this week. Send the boys a message and you will be very excited about the price. Mike told me a price this week and it was very reasonable. The putters and wedges are the best I have seen or felt and I am in staff with another OEM.

Thanks for chiming in. He told me that he had a good relationship with the facility next door. Must be nice to have a place like that next door. I am afraid I would be camped out there all day.

The putters look really good as well.
  • wldchld22wldchld22 Members Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t for putters to start rolling out. Why only 52/56?

#showyourface
  • Fort Worth ProFort Worth Pro Members Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Nov 19, 2017 #34
    easyyy wrote:

I teach at the range that shares property with artisan and Mike T was my first boss out of college years ago. With that I have a good relationship with them and have been down there quite a bit. In fact, I saw these wedges earlier this week. Send the boys a message and you will be very excited about the price. Mike told me a price this week and it was very reasonable. The putters and wedges are the best I have seen or felt and I am in staff with another OEM.

Thanks for chiming in. He told me that he had a good relationship with the facility next door. Must be nice to have a place like that next door. I am afraid I would be camped out there all day.

The woman who owns the range I work at owns the oven and leased it to Nike. Her dad built colonial and shady oaks. I have been spending a lot of time over there the last few weeks trying to get some equipment issues ironed out. Borrowed a few wedges from Mike that have beveled leading edges and my wedge game has turned around in a hurry. The putters are unbelievable. Some great technology in them on top of looking great. I am pumped to see what Mike and company do with this because the stuff is special.
  • WHC888WHC888 Members Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    easyyy wrote:

the putter not only look really good, it roll and feel great as well. Was there couple of month ago during the putter's "prototype" stage and had a chance to give it a try, well balanced with lots of design features that make it stand above all other "custom" putter makers. I'm very excited to hear "Artisan Golf" starting to get their name out there, Mike, John and the crew are working hard and have some very exciting offerings on the horizon.

I'll be back there in a few weeks, will share more pictures and details with WRX.

1gkjAmm.jpg

fqymjWf.jpg

ufzkRms.jpg

meySDMn.png

FOGjLhi.png

kdvlSRm.jpg
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamonds 9* w/ Fuji VENTUS
    Taylormade M5 Rocket 3 wood
    Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons KBS FLT
    Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons KBS C Taper Lite
    Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons KBS $ Taper

NIKE OVEN Engage Wedges 46* Mike Taylor Specials

ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet ws8C8Un.jpg
    ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 49* wedge / KBS $Taper
    ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 53* wedge / KBS $Taper
    ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 58* wedge / KBS $Taper

Taylormade P7TW on deck

xG7EixQ.png
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    These look fantastic....
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • Kylekoz17Kylekoz17 Members Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MT is the best! Those look absolutely perfect. Will definitely only be ordering through them when I need new wedges
    M5 9* - Hzrdus Smoke 70 6.5
    M4 16.5* - Rogue Max 75
    '17 Taylormade M1 hybrid - Kuro Kage 80X
    Titleist 716 TMB 3-5 iron AMT X100
    Titleist 718 AP2 6-pw AMT X100
    Custom Oven grind Nike Engage 50 sq, 56 toe sweep
    Custom 1/1 Rory Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01
  • WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I need wedges and putter asap!!!!!
  • JOHN GOLIAJOHN GOLIA On the Bubble Members Posts: 1,256 ClubWRX
    Simply Beautiful.
  • bluejeeprubibluejeeprubi Ponte Vedra Beach, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    brent wrote:

If you are looking to order. Contact them on instagram at the moment. I can get a little more info on how they will proceed going forward.

Please do, I’m to old for Instagram.
    G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
    G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
    G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess Ping only got the Nike patents. It’s awesome to see the Oven alive and well!
    Titleist TS3 9.5  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5TX 
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Titleist Studio Design 2
    Pro V1
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous wedges. Simple, elegant and love the finish.
  • QuickFeetQuickFeet Members Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic, timeless and IMO look the way a wedge should. Most likely play and feel awesome as well. From the picture WHC posted, putters look equally on par with the wedges.

I would expect nothing less from Mike T and company. Hopefully Artisan Golf has funding to carry them through start-up and to the point they are able to generate sales/revenue to cover expenses and make some profit.

The issues that Nike Golf faced weren't born out of The Oven; look to Portland for that.
    TaylorMade M2 10.5o / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
    Nike Vr Pro Ltd. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
    Callaway Apex 3/20o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Callaway Apex 4/23o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
    Nike Engage 58 DS / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Nike SV Tour 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Nike Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Nike Origin B2-01
    Nike RZN Tour Black
  • Crooksc17Crooksc17 NJMembers Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the wedges forged or cast?

Price for wedges?
  • regiwstrukregiwstruk Members Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you’ve read thus far, there are a few of us on here who are connected to these guys. They are really doing it right at Artisan. Probably not authorized to disclose pricing but let’s just say I didn’t hesitate to get in the queue when I found out how much.

Moreover, the putters that are coming out should really fire up this community. They will be unlike anything else out there.
  • Smitty120Smitty120 MDMembers Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info and photos Richard. I hope the guys are ready to have a list of us waiting to purchase! image/telephone.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':telephone:' />
    • Epic Flash SZ Triple - Accra TZ5 65 M5
    • Epic Flash 15* - Tensei White 70TX
    • Callaway 18' UT 20* - ADDI 95X
    • Callaway Apex Pro DOT 4iron - Tour X100
    • Callaway 18' MB 5-PW - Tour X100
    • Callaway MD4 Raw 52&58 - Tour S400
    • Toulon Garage Atlanta Stroke Lab
    • 19' PROV1
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hummmm. Interesting finish on theses guys.

9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any way right now to inquire about price if you don’t use Instagram?
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • negolfkingnegolfking negolfking Members Posts: 332 ✭✭✭✭
    They have a Facebook page,Maybe you could go thru that.
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Great choices as always, personally went with the rawhide finish with fresh blast faces, love the distinctive look, sorta like old growth burl and play as great as they look.
    Mizuno MP Craft 611 10* Fuji Motore Speeder 7.1
    Taylormade 300 tour 15* Fuji Evolution TS 869
    Titleist 818h1 21* Atmos Blue TS HB 8s
    Titleist 962b 3-pw s400
    Vokey sm7 raw M 54* s400
    Vokey sm7 raw M 60* s400
    Cameron 1995 Laguna
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought membership might enjoy some pics of build process of my wedges as well, not included is the process of tungsten placed in toe of 53* to get headweight and C.G. just right for my sledgehammer feel preferences💪
    Mizuno MP Craft 611 10* Fuji Motore Speeder 7.1
    Taylormade 300 tour 15* Fuji Evolution TS 869
    Titleist 818h1 21* Atmos Blue TS HB 8s
    Titleist 962b 3-pw s400
    Vokey sm7 raw M 54* s400
    Vokey sm7 raw M 60* s400
    Cameron 1995 Laguna
  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,864 ClubWRX
    I've been following them for a little while now and I'm just in awe of what they are doing. Just gorgeous work! When my wedges wear out, I'll be looking their way for sure.
    M6 9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
    TS2 15°  Diamana S+ Ltd 70
    790UDI  PX Catalyst 80 -or- 818H2 19°  HZRDUS Red 85
    0311T 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
    SM7 62M  KBS Tour
    custom putter

(¬¬) WITB Link
  • Doc420Doc420 Members Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be interested to find out how these compare to the stuff Don White is putting out now.
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,777 ClubWRX
    edited Nov 20, 2017 #54
    I'm intrigued by the wedges and the putters. I'm looking forward to seeing some more specific details on what they are doing with the putters. It looks like the cavity and sole weights can both be swapped out to adjust weighting. So far I see a B1 and B2 headshape in Nike terms with plumber and flow neck. The face milling looks interesting.

u4keqd8.jpg

pSw2mS4.jpg

mHOtky4.jpg
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
    cvhookem63 wrote:

I'm intrigued by the wedges and the putters. I'm looking forward to seeing some more specific details on what they are doing with the putters. It looks like the cavity and sole weights can both be swapped out to adjust weighting. So far I see a B1 and B2 headshape in Nike terms with plumber and flow neck. The face milling looks interesting.

u4keqd8.jpg

pSw2mS4.jpg

mHOtky4.jpg

The cavity weight is not movable. The heel toe weights are changeable. You will be able to get three different hosels and whatever sight line you want. there is some other tech that makes them special
  • hhatch31hhatch31 Members Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

The folks out at Artisan are good friends of mine and cant be more excited for what they are doing out at the old oven. When it comes to quality and craftsmanship, you cannot find anything better than the product that they put out. Along with the wedges, they are doing some really neat stuff when it comes to putters (different materials, cg tech, etc.). I have rolled a few of the different head shapes and the feel is just incredible. I know they have a few of the first run available for purchase. If anyone is interested please send them an email at [email protected] to see exactly what they have available. Big things coming from these guys in the next few months.
  • MulaMula ClubWRX Posts: 3,009 ClubWRX
    hhatch31 wrote:

Hey guys,

The folks out at Artisan are good friends of mine and cant be more excited for what they are doing out at the old oven. When it comes to quality and craftsmanship, you cannot find anything better than the product that they put out. Along with the wedges, they are doing some really neat stuff when it comes to putters (different materials, cg tech, etc.). I have rolled a few of the different head shapes and the feel is just incredible. I know they have a few of the first run available for purchase. If anyone is interested please send them an email at [email protected] to see exactly what they have available. Big things coming from these guys in the next few months.

The face is what I'm really interested in on the putters
    Tour Issue M3 8.5, UST Mamiya V2 US Open Edition 7F5
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* UST Mamiya THE ATTAS 7x
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2i UST Mamiya Recoil F5 125 Prototype
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4i UST Mamiya Recoil F5 125 Custom Series
    Nike MM Proto 5-9i UST Mamiya Recoil F5 125 Custom Series
    Artisan Wedges 46 50 54 59 Dynamic Gold Onyx S400
    Lambcrafted Moo Moo Special

IG: jamula
    WITB Link
    Mula wrote:

hhatch31 wrote:

Hey guys,

The face is what I'm really interested in on the putters

Milled face with 3 different depths of milling. Essentially zero, a mid mill, and a deep mill.
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,547 ClubWRX
    Think I agree with everyone else, who was tying these guys' hands at Nike and not letting them release something like this???

Not exaggerating when I say these might be the best looking wedges on the market. Already contacted Artisan to get a set made.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Ping G400 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD DI 7X
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
    Nike Vapor Pro 3i w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Nike VR Pro Blades 4-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52F/56S w/ DG TI S400
    Titleist Vokey SM4 60 w/ DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

• easylittle5woodeasylittle5wood Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an observation, these look similar to Machine putters. The interchangeable necks, bolted-on plates in the cavity, and even the single sight-dot look familiar.

I know those are commonly used things as well. Either way big fan of what they are doing, looks great.
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've asked them about a custom putter shape and a toe sweep LW

Will report back
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 
    Ping iWedge 50* Tour Concept x100
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m

Leave a Comment