Everyone is a big hitter on the forum

189111314
14

Comments

  • LondonerLondoner  1330WRX Points: 149Handicap: 12Members Posts: 1,330
    Joined:  #302
    I have a sneaky feeling Monte might be able to put it out there. image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />
    Posted:
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • kizellkizell  65WRX Points: 35Handicap: 30Members Posts: 65
    Joined:  edited Apr 7, 2018 #303
    This is actually one of my favorite discussions with other players in the clubhouse. We've had hour long discussions during rain delays about this.



    The problem is that many players confuse ability with reality. And also most players are not that in tune to how golf course yardage works.



    Any one not too old and in good shape with good flexibility has the ABILITY to hit a golf ball 300 yards when they are on the driving range and repeatedly swinging with their driver over and over again. But on the course when you only get 1 shot per hole with the driver that is simply not the reality.



    Then there's the yardage issue. I've seen many guys pump their fists after pounding a 330 yard drive on a downhill fairway while cutting out the dogleg and going over the tress. Then a few holes later he slices his drive to the right on an uphill fairway and gets a total of 200 yards. And this process goes on for the whole round. Yet if you ask these guys how far they drive it they will say "300+ on a good day, 280 on a bad day." It's as if they completely ignore their 200 to 230 yard drives.



    Averaging 300 yards and simultaneously keeping it out of the trees is the work of a pro. In reality practically every scratch golfer that's not a professional ACTUALLY averages 260 to 280 of the tee for a whole round.



    And those douchebags who claim they can carry a ball 300 yards consistently on a level lie are comical.



    The reality is that if you go to any golf course and watch every player play, the average driving distance in reality would be about 230



    I played with a couple of college players in my day. One was #2 on his team at Mississippi State. We were warming up one day on the range and I watched him hit 10 straight drives that landed on or flew the net that was sitting at 260-270 yards. So if you factor in roll out all the drives probably exceeded 300.



    Amazed I asked him what driving distance was. He said 280. I asked him how that could be when he's carrying it that far right now. He said because the driving range is slightly downhill and the field is 30 yards wider than any fairway. These kinds of numbers are not realistic when accuracy and uphill fairways and wind direction is taken into account, he finished.
    Posted:
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216  3086WRX Points: 247Members Posts: 3,086
    Joined:  #304
    kizell wrote:


    This is actually one of my favorite discussions with other players in the clubhouse. We've had hour long discussions during rain delays about this.



    The problem is that many players confuse ability with reality. And also most players are not that in tune to how golf course yardage works.



    Any one not too old and in good shape with good flexibility has the ABILITY to hit a golf ball 300 yards when they are on the driving range and repeatedly swinging with their driver over and over again. But on the course when you only get 1 shot per hole with the driver that is simply not the reality.



    Then there's the yardage issue. I've seen many guys pump their fists after pounding a 330 yard drive on a downhill fairway while cutting out the dogleg and going over the tress. Then a few holes later he slices his drive to the right on an uphill fairway and gets a total of 200 yards. And this process goes on for the whole round. Yet if you ask these guys how far they drive it they will say "300+ on a good day, 280 on a bad day." It's as if they completely ignore their 200 to 230 yard drives.



    Averaging 300 yards and simultaneously keeping it out of the trees is the work of a pro. In reality practically every scratch golfer that's not a professional ACTUALLY averages 260 to 280 of the tee for a whole round.



    And those douchebags who claim they can carry a ball 300 yards consistently on a level lie are comical.



    The reality is that if you go to any golf course and watch every player play, the average driving distance in reality would be about 230



    I played with a couple of college players in my day. One was #2 on his team at Mississippi State. We were warming up one day on the range and I watched him hit 10 straight drives that landed on or flew the net that was sitting at 260-270 yards. So if you factor in roll out all the drives probably exceeded 300.



    Amazed I asked him what driving distance was. He said 280. I asked him how that could be when he's carrying it that far right now. He said because the driving range is slightly downhill and the field is 30 yards wider than any fairway. These kinds of numbers are not realistic when accuracy and uphill fairways and wind direction is taken into account, he finished.


    I don’t shout it from the mountain tops, but, did you just indirectly refer to me as a douchebag?
    Posted:
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release


    https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve  2636WRX Points: 490Handicap: 11Members Posts: 2,636
    Joined:  #305
    I'm on this forum and I'm DEFINITELY not a big hitter, so.................................................
    Posted:
    • PING G SFT 10*
    • Cobra F-Max Superlite 4h, 5h, 6h
    • Cobra F-Max Superlite 7-GW
    • Cleveland CG16 56*
    • Scotty Fastback
  • kizellkizell  65WRX Points: 35Handicap: 30Members Posts: 65
    Joined:  edited Apr 7, 2018 #306
    Rosco1216 wrote:

    kizell wrote:


    This is actually one of my favorite discussions with other players in the clubhouse. We've had hour long discussions during rain delays about this.



    The problem is that many players confuse ability with reality. And also most players are not that in tune to how golf course yardage works.



    Any one not too old and in good shape with good flexibility has the ABILITY to hit a golf ball 300 yards when they are on the driving range and repeatedly swinging with their driver over and over again. But on the course when you only get 1 shot per hole with the driver that is simply not the reality.



    Then there's the yardage issue. I've seen many guys pump their fists after pounding a 330 yard drive on a downhill fairway while cutting out the dogleg and going over the tress. Then a few holes later he slices his drive to the right on an uphill fairway and gets a total of 200 yards. And this process goes on for the whole round. Yet if you ask these guys how far they drive it they will say "300+ on a good day, 280 on a bad day." It's as if they completely ignore their 200 to 230 yard drives.



    Averaging 300 yards and simultaneously keeping it out of the trees is the work of a pro. In reality practically every scratch golfer that's not a professional ACTUALLY averages 260 to 280 of the tee for a whole round.



    And those douchebags who claim they can carry a ball 300 yards consistently on a level lie are comical.



    The reality is that if you go to any golf course and watch every player play, the average driving distance in reality would be about 230



    I played with a couple of college players in my day. One was #2 on his team at Mississippi State. We were warming up one day on the range and I watched him hit 10 straight drives that landed on or flew the net that was sitting at 260-270 yards. So if you factor in roll out all the drives probably exceeded 300.



    Amazed I asked him what driving distance was. He said 280. I asked him how that could be when he's carrying it that far right now. He said because the driving range is slightly downhill and the field is 30 yards wider than any fairway. These kinds of numbers are not realistic when accuracy and uphill fairways and wind direction is taken into account, he finished.


    I don’t shout it from the mountain tops, but, did you just indirectly refer to me as a douchebag?




    Are you telling me that when you average all your drives in a single round, you average 300 yards of carry? Not total yards, just carry?



    Dustin Johnson's total driving distance today was 296.
    Posted:
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216  3086WRX Points: 247Members Posts: 3,086
    Joined:  edited Apr 8, 2018 #307
    kizell wrote:

    Rosco1216 wrote:

    kizell wrote:


    This is actually one of my favorite discussions with other players in the clubhouse. We've had hour long discussions during rain delays about this.



    The problem is that many players confuse ability with reality. And also most players are not that in tune to how golf course yardage works.



    Any one not too old and in good shape with good flexibility has the ABILITY to hit a golf ball 300 yards when they are on the driving range and repeatedly swinging with their driver over and over again. But on the course when you only get 1 shot per hole with the driver that is simply not the reality.



    Then there's the yardage issue. I've seen many guys pump their fists after pounding a 330 yard drive on a downhill fairway while cutting out the dogleg and going over the tress. Then a few holes later he slices his drive to the right on an uphill fairway and gets a total of 200 yards. And this process goes on for the whole round. Yet if you ask these guys how far they drive it they will say "300+ on a good day, 280 on a bad day." It's as if they completely ignore their 200 to 230 yard drives.



    Averaging 300 yards and simultaneously keeping it out of the trees is the work of a pro. In reality practically every scratch golfer that's not a professional ACTUALLY averages 260 to 280 of the tee for a whole round.



    And those douchebags who claim they can carry a ball 300 yards consistently on a level lie are comical.



    The reality is that if you go to any golf course and watch every player play, the average driving distance in reality would be about 230



    I played with a couple of college players in my day. One was #2 on his team at Mississippi State. We were warming up one day on the range and I watched him hit 10 straight drives that landed on or flew the net that was sitting at 260-270 yards. So if you factor in roll out all the drives probably exceeded 300.



    Amazed I asked him what driving distance was. He said 280. I asked him how that could be when he's carrying it that far right now. He said because the driving range is slightly downhill and the field is 30 yards wider than any fairway. These kinds of numbers are not realistic when accuracy and uphill fairways and wind direction is taken into account, he finished.


    I don’t shout it from the mountain tops, but, did you just indirectly refer to me as a douchebag?




    Are you telling me that when you average all your drives in a single round, you average 300 yards of carry? Not total yards, just carry?



    Dustin Johnson's total driving distance today was 296.




    You did say consistently carry 300 and then changed it to average over a round. But since you asked, yes, and then some. Does that make me a douchebag or just comical?
    Posted:
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release


    https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • morgan1819morgan1819 Official Member  1010WRX Points: 128Members Posts: 1,010
    Joined:  #308
    Rosco1216 wrote:

    kizell wrote:

    Rosco1216 wrote:

    kizell wrote:


    This is actually one of my favorite discussions with other players in the clubhouse. We've had hour long discussions during rain delays about this.



    The problem is that many players confuse ability with reality. And also most players are not that in tune to how golf course yardage works.



    Any one not too old and in good shape with good flexibility has the ABILITY to hit a golf ball 300 yards when they are on the driving range and repeatedly swinging with their driver over and over again. But on the course when you only get 1 shot per hole with the driver that is simply not the reality.



    Then there's the yardage issue. I've seen many guys pump their fists after pounding a 330 yard drive on a downhill fairway while cutting out the dogleg and going over the tress. Then a few holes later he slices his drive to the right on an uphill fairway and gets a total of 200 yards. And this process goes on for the whole round. Yet if you ask these guys how far they drive it they will say "300+ on a good day, 280 on a bad day." It's as if they completely ignore their 200 to 230 yard drives.



    Averaging 300 yards and simultaneously keeping it out of the trees is the work of a pro. In reality practically every scratch golfer that's not a professional ACTUALLY averages 260 to 280 of the tee for a whole round.



    And those douchebags who claim they can carry a ball 300 yards consistently on a level lie are comical.



    The reality is that if you go to any golf course and watch every player play, the average driving distance in reality would be about 230



    I played with a couple of college players in my day. One was #2 on his team at Mississippi State. We were warming up one day on the range and I watched him hit 10 straight drives that landed on or flew the net that was sitting at 260-270 yards. So if you factor in roll out all the drives probably exceeded 300.



    Amazed I asked him what driving distance was. He said 280. I asked him how that could be when he's carrying it that far right now. He said because the driving range is slightly downhill and the field is 30 yards wider than any fairway. These kinds of numbers are not realistic when accuracy and uphill fairways and wind direction is taken into account, he finished.


    I don't shout it from the mountain tops, but, did you just indirectly refer to me as a douchebag?




    Are you telling me that when you average all your drives in a single round, you average 300 yards of carry? Not total yards, just carry?



    Dustin Johnson's total driving distance today was 296.




    You did say consistently carry 300 and then changed it to average over a round. But since you asked, yes, and then some. Does that make me a douchebag or just comical?




    Nice. You just won a "Hammy".



    Although there is no physical trophy for a Jack Hamm "Hammy" distance award winner, your internet driving distance is now in the record books.



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5_lUetNHmc
    Posted:

    Srixon 10.2 degrees. Accra TZ5 80
    Srixon 16.0 degrees. Accra TZ5 90
    Srixon 21.0 degrees. Accra TZ5 97
    Srixon Z 4-PW. TI S400
    Cleveland 52, 58. Raw. TI S400
    Byron Morgan DH89

  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 29209WRX Points: 2,089Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 29,209
    Joined:  #309
    Rosco's been a lot of help to people in the instruction forum, including giving me exercises and strength tips to get my swing speed back up. He's posted videos of workouts and his own swing.



    Some people just honestly swing fast. It doesn't make them pros or whatever. Put me on a launch monitor right now and i'll average 280 carry over 10 swings pretty easy, and i don't swing as fast as him.



    How many **** threads do we have mocking people for making "claims"....calling them douchbags? Morgan trying so hard in a couple of threads to make his "hammy" a thing



    Seen a **** of a lot more of those threads than the reverse, like calling out all the jealous guys on this site who are upset that despite there being a supposed "juiced" ball that they still can't hit it more 230-240......you know what? No one cares! No one cares but you! **** guys just go buy a friggin convertible firebird or something , rather than putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "no one hits it far because i don't LA LA LA LA LA"
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra King F9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • morgan1819morgan1819 Official Member  1010WRX Points: 128Members Posts: 1,010
    Joined:  #310
    MtlJeff wrote:


    Rosco's been a lot of help to people in the instruction forum, including giving me exercises and strength tips to get my swing speed back up. He's posted videos of workouts and his own swing.



    Some people just honestly swing fast. It doesn't make them pros or whatever. Put me on a launch monitor right now and i'll average 280 carry over 10 swings pretty easy, and i don't swing as fast as him.



    How many **** threads do we have mocking people for making "claims"....calling them douchbags? Morgan trying so hard in a couple of threads to make his "hammy" a thing



    Seen a **** of a lot more of those threads than the reverse, like calling out all the jealous guys on this site who are upset that despite there being a supposed "juiced" ball that they still can't hit it more 230-240......you know what? No one cares! No one cares but you! **** guys just go buy a friggin convertible firebird or something , rather than putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "no one hits it far because i don't LA LA LA LA LA"








    You have to admit, it's pretty hilarious when people post their distances on the internet. Ask yourself this: "Why am I posting about how many yards I can hit a golf ball?".



    Think about it for a moment. We all play under different conditions. Launch monitor variations are ridiculous. (GolfBox guy can actually crush it ... and he carries it 343 yards with a Rogue, and another day he carries 295 yards with an F8. Think maybe it was calibrated differently on those two days?)



    You are posting for your own vanity. It means nothing to anyone else. So keep posting if you want, but it's still funny.



    PS - I can hit it farther than you.
    Posted:

    Srixon 10.2 degrees. Accra TZ5 80
    Srixon 16.0 degrees. Accra TZ5 90
    Srixon 21.0 degrees. Accra TZ5 97
    Srixon Z 4-PW. TI S400
    Cleveland 52, 58. Raw. TI S400
    Byron Morgan DH89

  • Rosco1216Rosco1216  3086WRX Points: 247Members Posts: 3,086
    Joined:  #311
    morgan1819 wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:


    Rosco's been a lot of help to people in the instruction forum, including giving me exercises and strength tips to get my swing speed back up. He's posted videos of workouts and his own swing.



    Some people just honestly swing fast. It doesn't make them pros or whatever. Put me on a launch monitor right now and i'll average 280 carry over 10 swings pretty easy, and i don't swing as fast as him.



    How many **** threads do we have mocking people for making "claims"....calling them douchbags? Morgan trying so hard in a couple of threads to make his "hammy" a thing



    Seen a **** of a lot more of those threads than the reverse, like calling out all the jealous guys on this site who are upset that despite there being a supposed "juiced" ball that they still can't hit it more 230-240......you know what? No one cares! No one cares but you! **** guys just go buy a friggin convertible firebird or something , rather than putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "no one hits it far because i don't LA LA LA LA LA"








    You have to admit, it's pretty hilarious when people post their distances on the internet. Ask yourself this: "Why am I posting about how many yards I can hit a golf ball?".



    Think about it for a moment. We all play under different conditions. Launch monitor variations are ridiculous. (GolfBox guy can actually crush it ... and he carries it 343 yards with a Rogue, and another day he carries 295 yards with an F8. Think maybe it was calibrated differently on those two days?)



    You are posting for your own vanity. It means nothing to anyone else. So keep posting if you want, but it's still funny.



    PS - I can hit it farther than you.




    I don’t go around posting how far I hit it. When someone says douchebags who can claim to consistently carry it 300 are comical, it brought upon a response.



    Guys posting stuff like “it’s funny claiming how far you can hit on the internet” or “you are posting for your own vanity, it means nothing to anyone else”.



    P.S. they care or they wouldn’t start topics and make up excuses for either why they can’t or why someone who says they can are wrong.



    P.S.S. I can hit it farther than you.



    P.S.S.S. I’m special.
    Posted:
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release


    https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • morgan1819morgan1819 Official Member  1010WRX Points: 128Members Posts: 1,010
    Joined:  edited Apr 8, 2018 #312
    Rosco1216 wrote:

    morgan1819 wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:


    Rosco's been a lot of help to people in the instruction forum, including giving me exercises and strength tips to get my swing speed back up. He's posted videos of workouts and his own swing.



    Some people just honestly swing fast. It doesn't make them pros or whatever. Put me on a launch monitor right now and i'll average 280 carry over 10 swings pretty easy, and i don't swing as fast as him.



    How many **** threads do we have mocking people for making "claims"....calling them douchbags? Morgan trying so hard in a couple of threads to make his "hammy" a thing



    Seen a **** of a lot more of those threads than the reverse, like calling out all the jealous guys on this site who are upset that despite there being a supposed "juiced" ball that they still can't hit it more 230-240......you know what? No one cares! No one cares but you! **** guys just go buy a friggin convertible firebird or something , rather than putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "no one hits it far because i don't LA LA LA LA LA"








    You have to admit, it's pretty hilarious when people post their distances on the internet. Ask yourself this: "Why am I posting about how many yards I can hit a golf ball?".



    Think about it for a moment. We all play under different conditions. Launch monitor variations are ridiculous. (GolfBox guy can actually crush it ... and he carries it 343 yards with a Rogue, and another day he carries 295 yards with an F8. Think maybe it was calibrated differently on those two days?)



    You are posting for your own vanity. It means nothing to anyone else. So keep posting if you want, but it's still funny.



    PS - I can hit it farther than you.




    I don't go around posting how far I hit it. When someone says douchebags who can claim to consistently carry it 300 are comical, it brought upon a response.



    Guys posting stuff like "it's funny claiming how far you can hit on the internet" or "you are posting for your own vanity, it means nothing to anyone else".



    P.S. they care or they wouldn't start topics and make up excuses for either why they can't or why someone who says they can are wrong.



    P.S.S. I can hit it farther than you.



    P.S.S.S. I'm special.




    Apologize if you were offended by the other guy you are arguing with about your distance claims. And admittedly, I probably went too far nominating you for a Hammy. I'm sure you are a decent dude.



    Good luck with everything.



    ...



    P.S.S.S.S - I wasn't the one who started the thread, and I wasn't the one who insinuated you were a douchbag. Oh, and there are several people on this site that can hit it farther than you.
    Posted:

    Srixon 10.2 degrees. Accra TZ5 80
    Srixon 16.0 degrees. Accra TZ5 90
    Srixon 21.0 degrees. Accra TZ5 97
    Srixon Z 4-PW. TI S400
    Cleveland 52, 58. Raw. TI S400
    Byron Morgan DH89

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216  3086WRX Points: 247Members Posts: 3,086
    Joined:  #313
    morgan1819 wrote:

    Rosco1216 wrote:

    morgan1819 wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:


    Rosco's been a lot of help to people in the instruction forum, including giving me exercises and strength tips to get my swing speed back up. He's posted videos of workouts and his own swing.



    Some people just honestly swing fast. It doesn't make them pros or whatever. Put me on a launch monitor right now and i'll average 280 carry over 10 swings pretty easy, and i don't swing as fast as him.



    How many **** threads do we have mocking people for making "claims"....calling them douchbags? Morgan trying so hard in a couple of threads to make his "hammy" a thing



    Seen a **** of a lot more of those threads than the reverse, like calling out all the jealous guys on this site who are upset that despite there being a supposed "juiced" ball that they still can't hit it more 230-240......you know what? No one cares! No one cares but you! **** guys just go buy a friggin convertible firebird or something , rather than putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "no one hits it far because i don't LA LA LA LA LA"








    You have to admit, it's pretty hilarious when people post their distances on the internet. Ask yourself this: "Why am I posting about how many yards I can hit a golf ball?".



    Think about it for a moment. We all play under different conditions. Launch monitor variations are ridiculous. (GolfBox guy can actually crush it ... and he carries it 343 yards with a Rogue, and another day he carries 295 yards with an F8. Think maybe it was calibrated differently on those two days?)



    You are posting for your own vanity. It means nothing to anyone else. So keep posting if you want, but it's still funny.



    PS - I can hit it farther than you.




    I don't go around posting how far I hit it. When someone says douchebags who can claim to consistently carry it 300 are comical, it brought upon a response.



    Guys posting stuff like "it's funny claiming how far you can hit on the internet" or "you are posting for your own vanity, it means nothing to anyone else".



    P.S. they care or they wouldn't start topics and make up excuses for either why they can't or why someone who says they can are wrong.



    P.S.S. I can hit it farther than you.



    P.S.S.S. I'm special.




    Apologize if you were offended by the other guy you are arguing with about your distance claims. And admittedly, I probably went too far nominating you for a Hammy. I'm sure you are a decent dude.



    Good luck with everything.



    ...



    P.S.S.S.S - I wasn't the one who started the thread, and I wasn't the one who insinuated you were a douchbag. Oh, and there are several people on this site that can hit it farther than you.


    I wasn’t offended at all. Sarcasm apparently isn’t easily noticed by some.



    The other guy and i also weren’t arguing about distance.



    And I know there are guys that hit it farther than me, maybe I’ll go start a thread calling them douchebags and that its comical. Especially if I were to ask them and they respond, they’d just be boasting.
    Posted:
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release


    https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 29209WRX Points: 2,089Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 29,209
    Joined:  #314
    morgan1819 wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:


    Rosco's been a lot of help to people in the instruction forum, including giving me exercises and strength tips to get my swing speed back up. He's posted videos of workouts and his own swing.



    Some people just honestly swing fast. It doesn't make them pros or whatever. Put me on a launch monitor right now and i'll average 280 carry over 10 swings pretty easy, and i don't swing as fast as him.



    How many **** threads do we have mocking people for making "claims"....calling them douchbags? Morgan trying so hard in a couple of threads to make his "hammy" a thing



    Seen a **** of a lot more of those threads than the reverse, like calling out all the jealous guys on this site who are upset that despite there being a supposed "juiced" ball that they still can't hit it more 230-240......you know what? No one cares! No one cares but you! **** guys just go buy a friggin convertible firebird or something , rather than putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "no one hits it far because i don't LA LA LA LA LA"








    You have to admit, it's pretty hilarious when people post their distances on the internet. Ask yourself this: "Why am I posting about how many yards I can hit a golf ball?".



    Think about it for a moment. We all play under different conditions. Launch monitor variations are ridiculous. (GolfBox guy can actually crush it ... and he carries it 343 yards with a Rogue, and another day he carries 295 yards with an F8. Think maybe it was calibrated differently on those two days?)



    You are posting for your own vanity. It means nothing to anyone else. So keep posting if you want, but it's still funny.



    PS - I can hit it farther than you.




    I don't think it's hilarious when people post distances on the internet when asked or when it's relevant to the thread. I find it funnier when you have a sampling that you would consider normal for a site like this, and people immediately disbelieve it or exaggerate the samplings.



    As i've posted in other threads, do people exaggerate distance on the internet, i am sure many do. Do they do it for vanity as you suggest? I am sure some do



    But how many posts do i read of some heroic short hitter triumphing over the cocky , always-OB long hitter, followed by some snarky remark made to him , nobody seems to think those posts are vain



    As i said once, on GolfWRX, the long hitter either don't exist, or they do but always hit it OB. And they've pretty much never won a match against our band of 230yd wily iron stripers. Yet it's the only the guys who claim to hit it far who are so vain. Maybe there's vanity (and jealousy) on both sides. Maybe there's actually more on one side than the other.



    If you can hit it further than me that's awesome you must really move it. I never claimed to be the longest.
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra King F9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • morgan1819morgan1819 Official Member  1010WRX Points: 128Members Posts: 1,010
    Joined:  #315
    MtlJeff wrote:

    morgan1819 wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:


    Rosco's been a lot of help to people in the instruction forum, including giving me exercises and strength tips to get my swing speed back up. He's posted videos of workouts and his own swing.



    Some people just honestly swing fast. It doesn't make them pros or whatever. Put me on a launch monitor right now and i'll average 280 carry over 10 swings pretty easy, and i don't swing as fast as him.



    How many **** threads do we have mocking people for making "claims"....calling them douchbags? Morgan trying so hard in a couple of threads to make his "hammy" a thing



    Seen a **** of a lot more of those threads than the reverse, like calling out all the jealous guys on this site who are upset that despite there being a supposed "juiced" ball that they still can't hit it more 230-240......you know what? No one cares! No one cares but you! **** guys just go buy a friggin convertible firebird or something , rather than putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "no one hits it far because i don't LA LA LA LA LA"








    You have to admit, it's pretty hilarious when people post their distances on the internet. Ask yourself this: "Why am I posting about how many yards I can hit a golf ball?".



    Think about it for a moment. We all play under different conditions. Launch monitor variations are ridiculous. (GolfBox guy can actually crush it ... and he carries it 343 yards with a Rogue, and another day he carries 295 yards with an F8. Think maybe it was calibrated differently on those two days?)



    You are posting for your own vanity. It means nothing to anyone else. So keep posting if you want, but it's still funny.



    PS - I can hit it farther than you.




    I don't think it's hilarious when people post distances on the internet when asked or when it's relevant to the thread. I find it funnier when you have a sampling that you would consider normal for a site like this, and people immediately disbelieve it or exaggerate the samplings.



    As i've posted in other threads, do people exaggerate distance on the internet, i am sure many do. Do they do it for vanity as you suggest? I am sure some do



    But how many posts do i read of some heroic short hitter triumphing over the cocky , always-OB long hitter, followed by some snarky remark made to him , nobody seems to think those posts are vain



    As i said once, on GolfWRX, the long hitter either don't exist, or they do but always hit it OB. And they've pretty much never won a match against our band of 230yd wily iron stripers. Yet it's the only the guys who claim to hit it far who are so vain. Maybe there's vanity (and jealousy) on both sides. Maybe there's actually more on one side than the other.



    If you can hit it further than me that's awesome you must really move it. I never claimed to be the longest.




    Clearly, this is a touchy subject with you.



    All the best.



    ...
    Posted:

    Srixon 10.2 degrees. Accra TZ5 80
    Srixon 16.0 degrees. Accra TZ5 90
    Srixon 21.0 degrees. Accra TZ5 97
    Srixon Z 4-PW. TI S400
    Cleveland 52, 58. Raw. TI S400
    Byron Morgan DH89

  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 29209WRX Points: 2,089Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 29,209
    Joined:  #316
    Touchy is relative on the internet. Terms were used, responses were made. I'm going to go eat nachos now and watch the masters



    If anyone wants to see real theatrics they can just go to Youtube, CNN or FoxNews comments sections. We are best friends compared to that
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra King F9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • Sean2Sean2  31366WRX Points: 562Members Posts: 31,366
    Joined:  #317
    I don't quite understand why anyone would exaggerate what they can do on the Internet. They know it's not true, so what do they get out of it? Even if some folks praise their "accomplishments" they know it's hollow because what they posted isn't true.
    Posted:

    Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. 

    Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is, and not as it should be. 

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • acemandrakeacemandrake ROCHESTER NY 332WRX Points: 81Handicap: 12Members Posts: 332
    Joined:  #318
    Sean2 wrote:


    I don't quite understand why anyone would exaggerate what they can do on the Internet. They know it's not true, so what do they get out of it? Even if some folks praise their "accomplishments" they know it's hollow because what they posted isn't true.




    Must be an ego thing. Fragile (egos), aren't they?



    It's the same when people say their handicap is less than what it really is.



    QUESTION: Which are there more of..."Vanity" (lower) handicaps or Sandbaggers?



    I think there are more "Vanity" handicaps but I could be wrong. Some people see Sandbaggers everywhere.



    I'll start a new thread about this... image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
    Posted:
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals, 8283WRX Points: 303Handicap: 12.1Members Posts: 8,283
    Joined:  edited Apr 8, 2018 #319
    Back in Jan I had an opportunity to meet 8 wrx’ers counting HipCheck. I don’t hit it anywhere near 300 but half the guys were near or over that mark.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1
  • vanillafunk616vanillafunk616  552WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 552
    Joined:  #320
    Welcome to the internet.
    Posted:
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank  14876WRX Points: 848ClubWRX Posts: 14,876
    Joined:  #321
    I’ve played with four WRX’ers. I’ve never seen any of them claim to be long. And two of the four move it out there.



    I think there really are a lot of people here who actually are legitimately long.
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • ShakesterShakester  588WRX Points: 123Handicap: 9Members Posts: 588
    Joined:  #322
    Not even talking about drives, but anyone has that one person they play with that thinks they're a longer hitter than they are? We'll get to a par 3 and its playing 192 to the pin and slightly downhill with the wind helping. I pick up a 6 iron which is my 180 club. Not extremely long and land mine hole high on the fringe. Next guy up takes a 6 iron and as well, and he's the best player in our group and hits his hole high a little left of the pin. Then you have that one person that you know can't hit a 6 iron that long, but wants to be prove that he is. He tells the group he's taking a 6 iron too and I'm thinking, he's going to be super short and sure enough, he comes up about 15 yards short of the green. This guy does it on every hole. 135 away and he's telling me its a nice easy pitching wedge and I always tell him that he's going to be short and he always is. I got on him once about that and he got upset and says that he can hit his PW 135 and I replied that I haven't seen it yet because he's been short on almost every one of his approach shots. Guys like that need to check their ego in at the first tee.
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 (9 degrees) Fujikara Atmos Tour Spec 
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade P790 2 Iron UDI
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Titleist AVX, TP5 and Pro V1x
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • elwhippyelwhippy  3364WRX Points: 326Members Posts: 3,364
    Joined:  #323
    The Trackman never lies. Ask the fitter at any range and he or she will entertain you for hours about the player who says he is tour pro long and uses a tipped Whiteboard but in truth hits a weak cut with too little spin and is of double digits. I differentiate between hitting a 160 yard approach with an 8 iron....downwind on a seaside course with 20 yards of bounce and run against our club's longest hitter, whose 9 iron would pitch at 160 yards on a calm day in March. He is 6"2 and 210lbs and has a great swing. I don't.
    Posted:
  • GMRGMR  1054WRX Points: 103Members Posts: 1,054
    Joined:  #324
    elwhippy wrote:


    The Trackman never lies. Ask the fitter at any range and he or she will entertain you for hours about the player who says he is tour pro long and uses a tipped Whiteboard but in truth hits a weak cut with too little spin and is of double digits. I differentiate between hitting a 160 yard approach with an 8 iron....downwind on a seaside course with 20 yards of bounce and run against our club's longest hitter, whose 9 iron would pitch at 160 yards on a calm day in March. He is 6"2 and 210lbs and has a great swing. I don't.


    The Trackman never lies but sometimes it doesn't tell the whole truth either. Some days on the course I struggle to get my tee shots out there past about 250-260. Those days I hit a weak low-spin worm-burning cut low off the face, and you'd probably laugh at me for having been fit into x-flex low-spin shafts, etc. But then I go for a lesson and get on the Trackman and the first driver swing clocks at 112mph with 165mph of ballspeed and 270 carry...so what's the issue? In my case range swing isn't the same as course swing, because when I stop focusing on swing mechanics (in my case actively forcing myself to complete my turn in the backswing) and focus instead on ball contact and the target, I put a different swing on the ball and lose CHS.



    All that to say that while there are some people who just don't know their distances and have ego issues, there is another category of people who know their distances very well (I own my own launch monitor...) but just fail to achieve them sometimes for whatever reason. Those people need to adjust, either by forgetting their LM yardages and instead playing for the "likely yardage" that day, or longer term by fixing their swing so they can bring the goods to the course. It can be tough to pick up a 7i from 158 yards knowing that a good strike with that club will yield 180yds of carry but also knowing that the way you're swinging that day isn't going to yield those results...but that's part of the evolution of any player--truly understanding that the scorecard has no pictures and it doesn't matter what gross low cutty mess you throw in there if it results in a good birdie look. Can be a lot easier said than done though.
    Posted:
  • Kenny Lee PuckettKenny Lee Puckett  3463WRX Points: 49Members Posts: 3,463
    Joined:  #325
    GMR wrote:

    elwhippy wrote:


    The Trackman never lies. Ask the fitter at any range and he or she will entertain you for hours about the player who says he is tour pro long and uses a tipped Whiteboard but in truth hits a weak cut with too little spin and is of double digits. I differentiate between hitting a 160 yard approach with an 8 iron....downwind on a seaside course with 20 yards of bounce and run against our club's longest hitter, whose 9 iron would pitch at 160 yards on a calm day in March. He is 6"2 and 210lbs and has a great swing. I don't.


    The Trackman never lies but sometimes it doesn't tell the whole truth either. Some days on the course I struggle to get my tee shots out there past about 250-260. Those days I hit a weak low-spin worm-burning cut low off the face, and you'd probably laugh at me for having been fit into x-flex low-spin shafts, etc. But then I go for a lesson and get on the Trackman and the first driver swing clocks at 112mph with 165mph of ballspeed and 270 carry...so what's the issue? In my case range swing isn't the same as course swing, because when I stop focusing on swing mechanics (in my case actively forcing myself to complete my turn in the backswing) and focus instead on ball contact and the target, I put a different swing on the ball and lose CHS.


    and TrackMan would also tell you that you ain't hittin' no "low spin" cut low off the face. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]PING G LST: Ping Tour 80
    PING Anser 4wd: Accra S380 RT
    PXG 0317: Fujikura Rombax 8D07HB
    PING i500 4 iron: D.G. 120
    PING S55 5-PW: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Glide 2.0 50/54/58: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Darby F Ti Pixel: SS 2.0 Mid
    PING: Sensor Glove, Ping 703 Cord grips
    PING: Hoofer Bag
    TaylorMade: TP5 & TP5x ball

    WITB photos: [/font]http://www.golfwrx.c...uckett-witb-19/
  • GMRGMR  1054WRX Points: 103Members Posts: 1,054
    Joined:  #326

    GMR wrote:

    elwhippy wrote:


    The Trackman never lies. Ask the fitter at any range and he or she will entertain you for hours about the player who says he is tour pro long and uses a tipped Whiteboard but in truth hits a weak cut with too little spin and is of double digits. I differentiate between hitting a 160 yard approach with an 8 iron....downwind on a seaside course with 20 yards of bounce and run against our club's longest hitter, whose 9 iron would pitch at 160 yards on a calm day in March. He is 6"2 and 210lbs and has a great swing. I don't.


    The Trackman never lies but sometimes it doesn't tell the whole truth either. Some days on the course I struggle to get my tee shots out there past about 250-260. Those days I hit a weak low-spin worm-burning cut low off the face, and you'd probably laugh at me for having been fit into x-flex low-spin shafts, etc. But then I go for a lesson and get on the Trackman and the first driver swing clocks at 112mph with 165mph of ballspeed and 270 carry...so what's the issue? In my case range swing isn't the same as course swing, because when I stop focusing on swing mechanics (in my case actively forcing myself to complete my turn in the backswing) and focus instead on ball contact and the target, I put a different swing on the ball and lose CHS.


    and TrackMan would also tell you that you ain't hittin' no "low spin" cut low off the face. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />


    Trust me, this is unfortunately very very possible. Play with me sometime and I will give you a demonstration or two...unintentionally.
    Posted:
  • Kenny Lee PuckettKenny Lee Puckett  3463WRX Points: 49Members Posts: 3,463
    Joined:  #327
    GMR wrote:


    GMR wrote:

    elwhippy wrote:


    The Trackman never lies. Ask the fitter at any range and he or she will entertain you for hours about the player who says he is tour pro long and uses a tipped Whiteboard but in truth hits a weak cut with too little spin and is of double digits. I differentiate between hitting a 160 yard approach with an 8 iron....downwind on a seaside course with 20 yards of bounce and run against our club's longest hitter, whose 9 iron would pitch at 160 yards on a calm day in March. He is 6"2 and 210lbs and has a great swing. I don't.


    The Trackman never lies but sometimes it doesn't tell the whole truth either. Some days on the course I struggle to get my tee shots out there past about 250-260. Those days I hit a weak low-spin worm-burning cut low off the face, and you'd probably laugh at me for having been fit into x-flex low-spin shafts, etc. But then I go for a lesson and get on the Trackman and the first driver swing clocks at 112mph with 165mph of ballspeed and 270 carry...so what's the issue? In my case range swing isn't the same as course swing, because when I stop focusing on swing mechanics (in my case actively forcing myself to complete my turn in the backswing) and focus instead on ball contact and the target, I put a different swing on the ball and lose CHS.


    and TrackMan would also tell you that you ain't hittin' no "low spin" cut low off the face. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />


    Trust me, this is unfortunately very very possible. Play with me sometime and I will give you a demonstration or two...unintentionally.
    Trust me, your low cut has much higher spin and that is partially why you have the over 20+ yard power outage from your best strike (poor launch and loss of ball speed are other contributing factors). so, just an FYI, a drive struck low on the face = low initial launch and increased back spin. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
    Posted:
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]PING G LST: Ping Tour 80
    PING Anser 4wd: Accra S380 RT
    PXG 0317: Fujikura Rombax 8D07HB
    PING i500 4 iron: D.G. 120
    PING S55 5-PW: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Glide 2.0 50/54/58: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Darby F Ti Pixel: SS 2.0 Mid
    PING: Sensor Glove, Ping 703 Cord grips
    PING: Hoofer Bag
    TaylorMade: TP5 & TP5x ball

    WITB photos: [/font]http://www.golfwrx.c...uckett-witb-19/
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GMRGMR  1054WRX Points: 103Members Posts: 1,054
    Joined:  #328

    GMR wrote:


    GMR wrote:

    elwhippy wrote:


    The Trackman never lies. Ask the fitter at any range and he or she will entertain you for hours about the player who says he is tour pro long and uses a tipped Whiteboard but in truth hits a weak cut with too little spin and is of double digits. I differentiate between hitting a 160 yard approach with an 8 iron....downwind on a seaside course with 20 yards of bounce and run against our club's longest hitter, whose 9 iron would pitch at 160 yards on a calm day in March. He is 6"2 and 210lbs and has a great swing. I don't.


    The Trackman never lies but sometimes it doesn't tell the whole truth either. Some days on the course I struggle to get my tee shots out there past about 250-260. Those days I hit a weak low-spin worm-burning cut low off the face, and you'd probably laugh at me for having been fit into x-flex low-spin shafts, etc. But then I go for a lesson and get on the Trackman and the first driver swing clocks at 112mph with 165mph of ballspeed and 270 carry...so what's the issue? In my case range swing isn't the same as course swing, because when I stop focusing on swing mechanics (in my case actively forcing myself to complete my turn in the backswing) and focus instead on ball contact and the target, I put a different swing on the ball and lose CHS.


    and TrackMan would also tell you that you ain't hittin' no "low spin" cut low off the face. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />


    Trust me, this is unfortunately very very possible. Play with me sometime and I will give you a demonstration or two...unintentionally.
    Trust me, your low cut has much higher spin and that is partially why you have the over 20+ yard power outage from your best strike (poor launch and loss of ball speed are other contributing factors). so, just an FYI, a drive struck low on the face = low initial launch and increased back spin. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />


    Sorry bud, we are getting off topic here but you are missing the point. I understand that low strikes spin more than high strikes, but you are missing the fact that when you deliver a club that is setup to deliver optimal numbers at 110mph+ with what's probably less than 105 (guessing) you aren't going to impart much spin to the ball irregardless of where on the face you make contact. I am losing more like 40+ total yards, not 20, and I guarantee you it's not because I'm spinning it too much. Low face strike leading to low launch angle, and you can literally just see the ball fall out of the sky like a knuckleball.



    Like I said come play a round with me and I will absolutely prove to you that it's possible to hit a ball with low spin out of the bottom of the face when you don't have enough swing speed to load your club.
    Posted:
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn...  1060WRX Points: 157Members Posts: 1,060
    Joined:  #329
    I may change my name to "The Mad Bunter" in honour of this forum.
    Posted:
    TS 3 8.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
    Mizzy MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
    Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"


    [
  • ThunderBuzzworthThunderBuzzworth Hulk... Smash!!  2632WRX Points: 211Handicap: +3Members Posts: 2,632
    Joined:  #330
    I can’t stand it when a debate over distance constantly ends up with a reference to a PGA Tour player and his numbers. 90% of the guys on tour have no idea what a 300 yard carry looks like. Then people say things about the pro’s launch and speed numbers (which are on Trackman by the way) and at the same time tell wrx members their numbers are lies but are also on Trackman. You can’t have it both ways
    Posted:
    Current WITB

    TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
    PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
    SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
    SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
    CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
    CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
    CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
    TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
    BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy  1185WRX Points: 207Handicap: 15Members Posts: 1,185
    Joined:  #331


    I can’t stand it when a debate over distance constantly ends up with a reference to a PGA Tour player and his numbers. 90% of the guys on tour have no idea what a 300 yard carry looks like. Then people say things about the pro’s launch and speed numbers (which are on Trackman by the way) and at the same time tell wrx members their numbers are lies but are also on Trackman. You can’t have it both ways


    I can't tell exactly whether you're for or against...
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 10.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 65 R - CAMO!
    Cobra F9 15* 5w Project X Evenflow Blue 65 R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
14

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.