Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Discussion Thread: GolfWRX Radio (leave comments about all podcasts here)

Comments

• swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    linkerpan wrote:

I want to hear a podcast featuring member Richard (forged4ever) and nikegal. How to keep a relationship and love for golf!!

Second this idea. So far so good.
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • LansingMILansingMI Lansing, MIMembers Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equipment only based episodes. The build a cheap bag one was great, so was JR's. Something along the Callaway Fitting Room episodes. Almost nobody wants a "small bucket" 2 minute podcast either, whats the point. You guys are doing great though and keep them coming.
    R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
    COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
    Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
    (hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
    Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 
  • onafridayonafriday Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve listened to just about all of them so far. I’m a commuter / pod enthusiast.

My take- the ‘Two guys talking golf’ episodes are great. It’s the forums delivered audibly. Great job Andrew and Knudson. This could be a No Laying Up offshoot in terms of tone, candor, and humor. I’ll keep listening to these.

The 19th hole with Michael Williams is soft serve vanilla. Think, like, Shane Bacon light. I probably won’t keep listening these.

YRMV

Ping G410 LST 9* Diamana W 60X
    Cobra F9 Tour 13.5* Tensei CK Pro Blue 60TX
    SLDR 19* Speeder Tour Spec 8.8X
    TaylorMade P790 ‘19 (4-P) Modus3 120X
    Vokey SM7 (raw) 48F, 54S, 58M Modus3 120X
    Bettinardi BBO DASS Proto RJBB716
  • knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 3,157 mod
    edited Jan 17, 2018 #35
    We totally appreciate all the feedback and listens! We are working on setting up more member interviews, they are a lot of fun. We hear you on keeping a lot talk about equipment and should have a lot of that to go over with the PGA show next week!
    Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    onafriday wrote:

I’ve listened to just about all of them so far. I’m a commuter / pod enthusiast.

My take- the ‘Two guys talking golf’ episodes are great. It’s the forums delivered audibly. Great job Andrew and Knudson. This could be a No Laying Up offshoot in terms of tone, candor, and humor. I’ll keep listening to these.

The 19th hole with Michael Williams is soft serve vanilla. Think, like, Shane Bacon light. I probably won’t keep listening these.

YRMV

I have to agree with you on the 19th Hole. Maybe it’s aimed at an older demographic, but from the podcast artwork to the intro music to the pace of the podcast, it loses your attention. Makes me sleepy. I’ve listened to most of the 19th Hole podcasts, and to me it seems that the host just doesn’t know about his guests enough to ask them the best questions. I know it’s early in the podcast and not that it’s bad, I’m just looking for more. I would really like to hear Zach Kozuchowski host it.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (PXi 6.0)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • awtryau89awtryau89 Members Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How about some "Undercover Tour Pro" segments similar to the Golf Digest articles. I would love to hear some stories (with names and identities redacted of course) of things that happen out there. Would make for great banter and guessing who the players were.
  • aturskyatursky Members Posts: 699 ✭✭
    Check out our new podcasts with Scotty Cameron, Bob Vokey and Ping's Marty Jertson at the 2018 PGA Show. They were really fun to record, and we're excited to share them with you.

Link: https://soundcloud.com/golfwrx

As always, any feedback and ideas for future shows are welcome.
  • Night trainNight train Members Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The Marty Jertson interview was VERY good. A nice look inside a very good player who knows a LOT about golf equipment design.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How about somebody interesting like Mike Taylor and the Artisan crew ?

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Spider X Tour Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

See the December 4th podcast
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (PXi 6.0)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:

See the December 4th podcast

thank you sir.. i wasnt aware they already had... ill check it out!

i change my vote to second a motion for Richard and/or Maddie .... would love to hear some stories of theirs ... Ive told richard several times he should write a book...
    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Spider X Tour Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    atursky wrote:

Just want to thank you guys again for all the feedback and ideas. This week, we've started up what we think will be a recurring Forum Member WITB segment. For the first edition, we had J13 on the podcast. We went super in depth on his clubs, testing philosophies, thoughts on fitting and way more.

Here's the link where you can find the podcast: http://www.golfwrx.c...d-club-testing/

As always, we appreciate any feedback. Hope you enjoy listening.

Not sure who that guy is but it's my favorite podcast to date image/busted_cop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted_cop:' /> image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

Keep up the good work guys can't wait to hear more.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
  • BDoubleGBDoubleG Hamilton, OntarioMembers Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming the Two Guys continues (and I really hope it does), I'd love to see GolfWRX have two separate podcasts. i'll be honest - I'm not huge on the 19th hole, but I love Two Guys. Moe than once,I've noticed a new update, only to be disappointed that it's not a Two Guys podcast.
    Titleist TS3 | GD Tour AD BB 7
    Callaway XR Deep Tour Issue | UST Chrome TourSPX 8
    Srixon Z U65 3 | MRC OTi 105
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 4-P | TT DG S400 Tour Issue
    Vokey SM6 50.08 F | TT DG S300
    Vokey SM6 54.10 S | TT DG S300
    Vokey SM7 58.12 D | TT DG S300
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M
  • wldchld22wldchld22 Members Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the podcasts before and then I listened to the 2 guys interview with Scotty Cameron.

It was fantastic.

Really really good. Will listen to a bunch more now of the 2guys. No offense, but the other version wasn't my speed. Keep em short too!
    edited Jan 29, 2018 #46
    BDoubleG wrote:

Assuming the Two Guys continues (and I really hope it does), I'd love to see GolfWRX have two separate podcasts. i'll be honest - I'm not huge on the 19th hole, but I love Two Guys. Moe than once,I've noticed a new update, only to be disappointed that it's not a Two Guys podcast.

19th hole sounds like golf from 20 years ago. I can't listen either. Very outdated.
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
  • cbole22cbole22 Members Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited Jan 29, 2018 #47
    How about a podcast on alternative balls like Vice, Cut, Kirkland and Is it worth buying a name brand ball anymore?

Or perhaps a shaft interview with Robin Arthur.

Thanks
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    WITB
    Ping G 9.5* LST Oban Devotion 7x05
    Ping G25 FW 15*
    Ping G25 Hybrid 19*
    JPX-900 Forged 4-GW Dynamic Gold X-100
    Cleveland RTX-3 54, 58
    Bettinardi SS28
  • linkerpanlinkerpan ClubWRX Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think both podcasts have their audience. Keep both and add more
    Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
    Tee EX10 Beta 13, 18. Hzrdus Yellow, Accra 300F
    M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
    M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
    P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
    Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
    Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350
    Snell MTB balls
    Bushnell V2 range finder
    Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
    UA Storm Stand bag

WITB Link
    Thanks again for the continued feedback and support, it really means a lot.

In case you missed it, we had an awesome talk with Fuji's tour rep Marshall Thompson and vice president Alex Dee about Fuji shafts and golf shafts in general. I learned a lot myself about shaft making and fitting, and hope you guys enjoy it.

Here's the link:

Keep the ideas coming also. I promise we're reading all of your replies.
    Knudson finally got an iron fitting. See what irons he got fit into... http://www.golfwrx.com/498210/tg2-what-irons-did-knudson-finally-get-fit-into/
    atursky wrote:

Knudson finally got an iron fitting. See what irons he got fit into... http://www.golfwrx.c...y-get-fit-into/

I just listened to it. The fitter clearly knows what he's doing with the selection of irons. I'm not shocked by the winning irons image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Srixon Zstar XV
  • knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 3,157 mod
    Our audio is getting better... except for yesterday. Some great Masters equipment news from Chris Trott, who is on the TaylorMade tour truck.

http://www.golfwrx.com/507802/tg2-taylormade-club-builder-speaks-on-tigers-shaft-change-j-days-new-p-730-irons/

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • Fujikura GolfFujikura Golf Sponsors Posts: 274 ✭✭✭✭
    atursky wrote:

Thanks again for the continued feedback and support, it really means a lot.

In case you missed it, we had an awesome talk with Fuji's tour rep Marshall Thompson and vice president Alex Dee about Fuji shafts and golf shafts in general. I learned a lot myself about shaft making and fitting, and hope you guys enjoy it.

Here's the link: https://soundcloud.c...uji-vp-alex-dee

Keep the ideas coming also. I promise we're reading all of your replies.

We enjoyed being a part of the show and giving you guys an inside look at Fujikura's engineering and Tour support. Keep up the good work on the shows guys, we're continuing to listen each episode. We think you hit your peak with the interview with us, but we're biased image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • LansingMILansingMI Lansing, MIMembers Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listening to Knudson talk about tinkering with clubs, it was like he was peering into my soul (lol) It was a great and (seemingly) well thought out explanation. That nerdy a$$ gear talk is exactly what I want in a golf podcast. Imossible to go too in depth when discussing clubs IMO

R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
    COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
    Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
    (hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
    Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 
    LansingMI wrote:

Listening to Knudson talk about tinkering with clubs, it was like he was peering into my soul (lol) It was a great and (seemingly) well thought out explanation. That nerdy a$$ gear talk is exactly what I want in a golf podcast. Imossible to go too in depth when discussing clubs IMO

Hahaha, I appreciate the compliment! I (unfortunately?) have many more stories about botched club building and also some about some successes, just like many on the site!

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • 2012BFT2012BFT Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    knudson81 wrote:

LansingMI wrote:

Hahaha, I appreciate the compliment! I (unfortunately?) have many more stories about botched club building and also some about some successes, just like many on the site!

We need MORE!!! I love the show, guys! Keep up the good work. I look forward to the next episodes!
    PING G400 LST w/ PX HC EF 65g 6.5
    PING G410 LST 3w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
    Titleist TMB 3i DG AMT
    Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Titleist Pro-V1x
  • Hjosh7_Hjosh7_ Members Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭
    2012BFT wrote:

knudson81 wrote:

LansingMI wrote:

We need MORE!!! I love the show, guys! Keep up the good work. I look forward to the next episodes!

I agree we need more of that kind of topic. That was my favorite episode so far.
    WITB:
    TaylorMade M1(2016) 9.5° - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70 Stiff
    TaylorMade Aeroburner 16.5° - Matrix White Tie 70X4 Stiff
    PING G30 17°/22° Hybrids - PING TFC 419H Stiff
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 5-PW - True Temper DG Pro S300
    Cleveland RTX 3 50°/54°/60° - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge
    Nike Method Matter B2-01 - Flatso 1.0 - 35.25"
    Top Flite Gamer Tour

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
  • hodges_atxhodges_atx Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Count one more for the club tinkering topics. I mentioned on your Instagram that the new sode made me want to further Frankenstein my driving iron. It also convinced me to try my hand at hotmelting.

Good stuff guys, keep it up.

Also I loved hearing tursky go deep on sneakers.
    915 D4 9.5*- Oban Kiyoshi Black 05
    904 14*-Prolaunch Blue S
    Miura BB 4-PW- Oban CT-115X
    Bettinardi H2 52* & 57*
    Bettinardi FCB Dass Proto
  • adam.byrneadam.byrne Members Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely loving the show, especially the guest interviews. Keep’em coming!!
  • smallssmalls Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Really dig the podcast, keep it up. I like the "inside the ropes" interviews. Aaron Dill was a good one, for sure.
  • ATXHornATXHorn Members Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep up the great work. Here are a couple of topics:

Hickory: golf & equipment...

Ping Putters: state of union and discuss why we can't simply buy a PLD of our liking, they should begin allowing PayPal transactions...

Equipment QA/QC: Are the issues real? TM, Callaway and others have moved manufacturing to MX over past few years and lots of rumors on quality. Ping, Nike when alive also rumored to have QC/QA problems at one time. Tour issue vs. retail.
    Ping G400 Max w/HZDUS Yellow 7X
    Rogue FW w/HZDUS Yellow 8X
    3-5i Ping i500 w/steelfiber 110x
    6i-PW Ping iBlade w/steelfiber 110x
    50SS & 54SS Stealth Glide 2.0 - 60 Glide Forged w/Paderson Wedge Stiff
    Ping PLD3 w/counterbalanced PP60
    Titleist AVX or Chromesoft

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file